Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~wild_shieldmaiden~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: ROTK - Favorite Scenes!
on: December 23, 2003 05:29
(Is Austins daughter the one that runs to meet him or the baby?)

She is the one who runs up to him. I thought that she fit the part so well, she was just as beautiful as Tolkien described her being!

Eowyn taking Pippin and riding into battle.

Actully, she takes Merry with her. Pippin goes to Minas Tirith with Gandalf.

Ok, my favorite scenes...
Arwen seeing her son (I cried!)
Faramir's charge... if that dosn't win PJ the Oscar, nothing will!
Eowyn getting Merry ready for battle, also her sweeping him up onto her horse as they leave
Sam saying: 'I can't carry it, Mr Frodo, but I can carry you!' I was too busy crying to cheer...
Legolas-trick-to-end-all-Leggy-tricks, and Gimli saying: 'That still only counts as one!!!' LoL!
Seeing Eowyn and Faramir together... :love:
Arwen's shyness coming up to Aragorn; Elrond having to push her foward... awww! :love:
More lovey stuff! Sam finally getting the courage to go up to Rosie... :love:
I was the only person who cheered at that...
Ah Well. I wanna see it again!

[Edited on 24/12/2003 by ~wild_shieldmaiden~]
Durins_Bane
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2003 06:44
My favorite parts were Aragorn leading the army of the dead, the charge of the Oliphaunts, Gandalf fighting in the White City and the Witch King. I also liked Aragorns speech to the soldiers at the Black Gate. It reminded me of William Wallace's speech to the armies in Braveheart (another favorite of mine). But where was the Mouth of Sauron?
_mithrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 07:30
*When Pippin saves Faramir
*When Legolas fights the Oliphant
*When Sam carries Frodo
*When Pippin Leaves Merry
*When Aragorn gives his speech before the battle
*When Frodo realizes that he misjudged Sam about eating the Lembas and starts to almost cry
*When Pippin finds Merry wounded
I don't know why, but this is my all time fav. When Frodo is hanging off of mount doom and looks up at Sam. For a moment he does not seem sure if he really wants to live anymore and Sam says, "Don't you let go!" Even though I knew what was going to happen I was whispering with him, "Reach!" Frodo seemed so sad and exguasted not sure if it would seem easier to just fall in. He broke me heart! Ok I'm sappy I know and i'm a Frodo fan. :love:
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 25, 2003 09:17
Firstly, the whole movie was my favourite scene ...but in particular:

Anything with Pippin....especially his song, when he talked to Gandalf about death, when he left Merry at Edoras, when he found Merry on the Pelennor Fields, oh everything! Billy Boyd was just amazing.

Aragorn's "For Frodo." enough said.

The end....the scene in the Green Dragon was beautiful, even without any dialogue..and the last scene at the Grey Havens, well, let's just say *sob*.

Legolas and Gimli before the Black Gate (it's something like this but I'm not sure exactly):
Gimli: I'm not sure if I fancy dying next to an Elf!
Legolas: How about dying next to a friend?
aaaaaaaawwwwww!

Aragorn's coronation, especially when everyone bows to the hobbits!

And oh so many more......
Este
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 12:28
Finally,I saw it...Where to start?

~My fave scene was when Frodo wakes up and all of the Fellowship meet him...I was teary-eyed since Eowyn slayed the Witch-king,and this just made me break down,it was just so beautiful:cry:

~Aragorn`s coronation,everybody all dressed up nicely(ok,I admit,I liked Legolas and his tiara the most:love: )

~Sam carrying Frodo...another tear-jerker:cry:

~Pippin catching the bouquet at Sam`s wedding and then giving a flirty glance to the girl next to him

~Pippin`s and Aragorn`s songs!(I actually sang along with them)

~Smeagol&Deagol,in some creepy way
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 05:54
Basically everything you all said and the rest that wasn't said! I loved the entire thing and cried through 75% of it. and at one point I lost almost all feeling in my legs and hands.

- Sam carrying Frodo (my friend wondered my he was carrying Frodo like a "piece of meat")
- when all the hobbits returned home looking SO spiffy in their new clothes
- Pippin's song
- the fellowship coming one by one into Frodo's bedroom
- the brief "look" between Faramir and Eowyn at the end
- Theoden's rallying of the Rohirrm
- "If you touch him I will kill you!!" battle between Eowyn and the Witch King
- and so forth.
Laurwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 11:47
God, so many scenes to choose from! Here are the ones I cheered at:
1. The Rohirrim's horn when you think that all is lost for Gondor. The sun rising behind them was a great visual touch, and, of course, Theoden's speech. Bernard Hill owned that scene!
2. I am no man!
3. The mumakil climb Legolas did, followed with him shooting THREE arrows into the beast and that slide down the trunk, all the while with him counting!
4. Pippin kicking major arse
5. HOBBIT DRINKING SONG!

Ones I cried at:
1. Anytime Sam cries
2. When Arwen sees her son
3. When Theoden dies
4. The look on Faramir's face when Denethor wishes he was the dead son
5. Pippin's song, interchanged with Faramir's suicidal mission

When I screamed:
I've seen the movie 5 times and I scream every time that Shelob stabs Frodo

When I went "aww!"
1. When Aragorn and Arwen FINALLY are together
2. When you see Eowyn and Faramir together (I can't BELIEVE PJ took the Houses of Healing scene out of the movie)
3. Sam and Rosie's wedding

As you can obviously see, I loved every scene!
Ertur
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 07:36
Ok, favorite scenes.

When Pippin sings, during the Battle of Pellenor Fields. (That was a pwerful scene)

When Aragorn told the hobbits "You bow to no one." (it sends shivers up my spine thinking about it!)

The lighting of the beacons.

Sam carrying Frodo up mount Doom.

And every other scene in the movie.

Great! Now you made me think about it! I'm going to see it again now. (I'm serious)

Eric
Elvenjedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 12:48
My favorite scene by far has got to be Aragorn rallying the dead to fight. It's the first time he really comes out and says yes i am the king. Its just so great. Also, it creepy and suspensful at the same time.:drool:

Some of my other favorites are:
-Eowyn killing the witch king
-Pippin's singing
-When sam said "don't you dare let go!"
-"The egals are comming"

But i was slightly dissapointed that PJ didn't get in to Eowyn's relationship with Faramir

All in all however it was the best of the three by far in my eyes.

Elvenjedi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 12:49
My favorite scene by far has got to be Aragorn rallying the dead to fight. It's the first time he really comes out and says yes i am the king. Its just so great. Also, it creepy and suspensful at the same time.:drool:

Some of my other favorites are:
-Eowyn killing the witch king
-Pippin's singing
-When sam said "don't you dare let go!"
-"The egals are comming"

But i was slightly dissapointed that PJ didn't get in to Eowyn's relationship with Faramir

All in all however it was the best of the three by far in my eyes.

Vulkhan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 03:51
Ah! When Aragorn at the end was like "My friends, you bow to no one." And everyone bowed to the hobbits!! That was GREAT!

When Pippin sang and how all the scenes of Denethor eating, and Faramir and the army riding out were put together.

WHEN THE EAGLES CAME!! LOVED THAT

Ooh.. I liked when they reforaged Narsil to Anduril.

And the Pathes of the Dead were cool too!

All the fight scenes...

Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 11:20
-Loved the scene were Frodo, Sam and Gollum got to Minas Morgul and how Witchking made his appearance . Music, atmosphere...ah! And when gates opened and orcs started to march.
- Witcking's and Eowyn's battle. It was a little short, but I don't bother. Scene was very cool.
-Scene at the mount Doom when Frodo was supposed to destroy the One Ring.
-Faramir. The look on his face when Denethor wishes he was the dead son and how he then rides to Osgiliath. That scene really touched me.
-Pippin and Palantir. Very effective scene.
-When Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas went to meet Army of Deads.
-Oh! Almost forgot...Shelob's lair.

[Edited on 2/2/2004 by Moonwalker]
~Estel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 08:09
Seen it 5 times...so many great moments.

Smeagol becoming Gollum.
Denethor realizing he loves Faramir right before he dies.
Gandalf talking to Pippin about death.
The armies of Minas Morgul unleashed
Aragorn being given Anduril.
One of my favorite favorities...the army of the dead. "You will suffer me." I just wanted to stand up and cheer.
The coronation...the look in Legolas' eyes, Elrond's smile, and Aragorn crying. That's about when I start crying.

There's of course more, like the whole movie for instance, but those are the big ones for me.
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 07:32
The coronation scene.

When I saw the film, this was one of 7 scenes that brought me close to tears. I've seen it (the scene) about half a dozen times since on a website....

and I really DID break down. I think it's just the way Viggo Mortensen said his lines, and the way he looked. And the way everyone bowed to the Hobbits. And the way they looked. And, naturally, Howard Shore's music.

As much as The Grey Havens, the "I Can't Carry It.." & Frodo being carried away by the eagles (last 2 thanks to Shore again.....class!) scenes were emotional, the coronation one will take some beating. What a film to round off an unbelievably brilliant trilogy.
Evenstar_person709
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 12:03
My fav. Part is when...Frodo and Sam are laying on the rock surrounded by lava...and they start talking...about the Shire, and Sam talks about Rosie Cotten and how she would of been the person he would of married..cuz he thought they where gonna die.
Arwen_Evenstar_2003
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 11:09
I liked the Lightning of the fires, Eowyn and the Which King, And the Coronation
elvensweet
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 11:23
-Story of Smeagol
-Pippin & Merry's feast at Isengard
-Pippin & Merry's GREEN DRAGON song
-Legolas's psychic speech to Aragorn
-Pippin leaves for Minas Tirith
-Pippin's song to Denethor
-Pippin: guardian of Minas Tirith/Gandalf's speech
-Sam's return to Shelob's lair
-Legolas's mumakil scene
-Eowyn & Merry kill Witch King
-Pippin takes care of Merry
-Aragorn's speech
-Legolas & Gimli's "ELF/FRIEND" lines
-Sam carrying Frodo up Mount Doom
-The Fellowship in Frodo's bedroom
-The Grey Havens/Into the West
--and the rest of the movie!
elvensweet
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2004 11:28
Who is behind the world ahead
There are many paths to tread
through shadow
to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
Hope shall fade
All shall fade

It goes like this:
Home is behind, The world ahead.
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadows, To the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow, Cloud and Shade
All shall fade! All shall fade!

ACTUALLY, the song ends like this:
Hope shall fail, or shall fade.

echee
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2004 01:00
Me fave bits:

- Minas Morgul errupting
- The ride of the Rohirrim
- Lighting of the Becons
- Paths of the Dead
- Grond

Crying Bits:

- Sam Crying
- Sams wedding
- You bow to no one bit
-Aragorn and Arwen at the coronation
- Basically all of it!

I love it all though! I was goosepimplely through the whole film! Going to see it again on saturday aswell!

[Edited on 17/2/2004 by echee]
MaryB
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2004 08:07
I think everyone has come up with the highlights I love the whole thing too - but a few of my favorites bits are:

~ Gandalf talking with Pip - Pippen "I never thought it would end like this" Gandalf "Oh it doesn't end like this..." Such a great scene!
~ Sam's "I can't carry it, but I can carry you"
~ Aragorn's speech at the gate "I see in your eyes the same fear..."
~ The gathering of the Fellowship again - I forgot that Frodo didn't know that Gandalf was alive!
~Pip's song - so beautifully cut with Faramir's ride!
~Rosie cotton had ribbons in her hair :cry: then the Eagles picking up Frodo and Sam...didn't Frodo finally look at peace!
~Then at last Frodo's goodbyes to the hobbits - and them crying, and i'm crying at the same time! :cry: and the beautiful ending
~ OH and I loved the beautiful artwork at the end, what beautiful sketches of the actors
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 10:54
I love many scenes in ROTK. "Arwen's vision" is one of my favorites. It reminded me that we must ignore our ego and the egos of others that tell you that an easier or safer path is right for us, when we feel a calling.
Brandi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 12:39
Aragorn telling the dead "You will suffer me". Actually his attitude from the time he entered saying "I do not fear death" had me. He had come to this steadfast point of no turning back from anything. Like a river rolling along over whatever is in front of it. He's always been determined but something crystallized in him when Elrond appeared and told him it was time to become who he was destined to be. It wasn't just Arwen encouraging and supporting him now.

Rohan. Gosh, what part isn't to like? lol. Theoden is awesome as a leader I think. When he told his troops that they couldn't defeat Sauron but they would ride to Gondor anyway was powerful....doing what is right even when it's not going to come up roses. The charge of the Rohirrim was stunning!!! I get goosebumps everytime I see it because you can see that even if those orcs with the front pikes hadn't been so scared of the charge it wasn't going to help. The Rohirrim were coming with the best they had to give because it wasn't worth doing any less. Theoden dying at peace with himself.

Eowyn. She was done so well. I've not been so happy with a character's portrayal in a long time. Courageous. Determined. Sad. Loving. Anxious. Eowyn did what she needed to do to complete herself but she wasn't some superwoman. She was real. Courage isn't the absence of fear but doing something even in its presence. That's Eowyn to me. When she stepped up to smite (yes, smite!) that Nazgul's ride I near fell off the couch cheering. lol. Then she battled the Witch King himself and she was ...amazing.

The coronation. Aragorn looked so uncomfortable and I think that's part of his greatness. He doesn't think he's all that special. His scene there with Arwen....their emotion was so strong you could feel it. Like at last they had each other for real instead of stolen moments. Everyone bowing to the hobbits because it showed that no matter how small you are or what you can give, your contribution to the fight is what counts. Effort.

I'll stop now. I'll probably end up watching it again. My poor family. lol
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 03:23
Although it's not part of the books, the mostly visually beautiful part of the movie is the lighting of the beacon fires---what genius on PJ's part!

Also the coronation and the kiss---WOW!
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
AgentElrond
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 10:09
My Favorite Parts of the Movie were:

1. The Grey Havens "The last pages are for you Sam."

2. The Black Gate "For Frodo."

3. All the speeches

4. Isengard "Welcome my lords, to Isengard"

5. When Arwen sees her son "You have the gift of foresight, what did you see."

6.when Aragorn receves(sp?) his sword "Forget the ranger, become who you were born to be."

7. Coronation scene "Now come the days of the King, may they be blessed."

8. Mount Doom "I may not be able to carry it for you, but I can carry you."

9. When Pippin sings to Denethor

10. When the beacons are lit "The beacons of Minas Tirith! The beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid."

11. Eowyn and the witch King "I am no man!"

[Edited on 9/8/2004 by AgentElrond]
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 09:00
My favorite scenes from RotK is The lighting of the Beacons The scene in Isengard and The battle at Mordor
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 09:42
Aragorn telling the dead "You will suffer me". Actually his attitude from the time he entered saying "I do not fear death" had me. He had come to this steadfast point of no turning back from anything. Like a river rolling along over whatever is in front of it. He's always been determined but something crystallized in him when Elrond appeared and told him it was time to become who he was destined to be. It wasn't just Arwen encouraging and supporting him now.

Rohan. Gosh, what part isn't to like? lol. Theoden is awesome as a leader I think. When he told his troops that they couldn't defeat Sauron but they would ride to Gondor anyway was powerful....doing what is right even when it's not going to come up roses. The charge of the Rohirrim was stunning!!! I get goosebumps everytime I see it because you can see that even if those orcs with the front pikes hadn't been so scared of the charge it wasn't going to help. The Rohirrim were coming with the best they had to give because it wasn't worth doing any less. Theoden dying at peace with himself.

Eowyn. She was done so well. I've not been so happy with a character's portrayal in a long time. Courageous. Determined. Sad. Loving. Anxious. Eowyn did what she needed to do to complete herself but she wasn't some superwoman. She was real. Courage isn't the absence of fear but doing something even in its presence. That's Eowyn to me. When she stepped up to smite (yes, smite!) that Nazgul's ride I near fell off the couch cheering. lol. Then she battled the Witch King himself and she was ...amazing.

The coronation. Aragorn looked so uncomfortable and I think that's part of his greatness. He doesn't think he's all that special. His scene there with Arwen....their emotion was so strong you could feel it. Like at last they had each other for real instead of stolen moments. Everyone bowing to the hobbits because it showed that no matter how small you are or what you can give, your contribution to the fight is what counts. Effort.

I'll stop now. I'll probably end up watching it again. My poor family. lol

I wish I were better with words. I agree. It wasn't just Arwen encouraging and supporting him now, when Aragorn says "You will suffer me."

The ride of the Rohirim was great, and Theoden dying at peace with himself.

And the courageous Eowyn. She was awesome fighting that Nazgul. I don't know why, but I actually laughed when she cut off his head.

The reuniting of Arwen and Aragorn and everyone bowing to the hobbits was great.

I also love watching the tower fall, and when they start running toward the orks at the end.

[Edited on 18/8/2004 by serenityofarwen]
Arawyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2004 02:36
I loved the scene when the hobbits get back to the Shire, Some times I wished it would have ended there. But then, I really liked the Gray Havens. And I like Pelennor Fields a lot, too. Pippin's song was excellant by the way...
The_seventh_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2004 06:45
I've mentioned this before, but the Mount Doom sequence. This was after all what we were building up to, the moment we were all waiting for. The action was good, music great, and such a tingly feeling, it felt like all was truly lost. I also really love what PJ did with Frodo's character, making him just a little more involved with the Ring actually being destroyed. :disco: :disco:
whitestorm
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 12:32
I think one of the most beautiful shots is of the beacons being lit. So Incredible...
Haulinkin
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 01:18
I love when Gothmog moves out of the way just before the boulder hits him.

And the scene where Eowyn severes the head from the neck of the Witch King's beast.
Ilfa
Surrealism of Arda
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 08:40
Mine is the one when sam said to frodo these words in the crack of doom, "don't you let go, reach!"... those words are really touching especially when one has the hesitation to live or not...

I also like the one when Pippin sang "the edge of night" to denethor... "Home is behind The world ahead, And there are many paths to tread Through shadow To the edge of night, Until the stars are all alight. Mist and shadow, Cloud and shape Hope shall fail All shall fade." >>> these made me want denethor to realize of who he is risking, which is his own son, Faramir....:heart:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 05:58
The visuals and music that accompany the lighting of the beacons stir my heart.

The charge of the rohirrim on the Pelennor fields quickens my heart.

The clanging of the bell summoning the muster of the Rohirrim encourages my heart.

Aragorn recieving Andruil from Elrond gives me chills.

Theoden saying goodbye to Eowyn breaks my heart.

These are a few of my favorite things about ROTK

fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 02:54
Arwen's vision and the coronation
AniDarling
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 04:22
Well, I like the scene with the beacons, I like the scene when Faramir ride with few of his men toward Osgiliath, I like when Elrond came to Aragorn and gave him Anduril...Arwen's vision is really nice, but I love the scene when Galadriel appear...If I must be honest I have to say that I have many favourite scenes although there are a lot of differences whith the book.
The_Oakleaf_Ranger
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 10:24
My favorite scence would be the one towards the end where everyone is atop Minis Tirath (hope I spelled that right) and they have just crowned Aragorn king. The four hobbits Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pip are standing there and Aragorn walks up to them and says, "You bow to no one" and everyone bows. I thought this to be a very humbeling scene and was my favorite out of every movie.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email