Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
fishi
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Faramir and Eowyn
on: December 27, 2003 09:44
The Faramir/Eowyn romance was always so much cooler than the Aragorn/Arwen stuff. I go extremely girly over it.
Lavanwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 04:44
The Faramir/Eowyn romance was always so much cooler than the Aragorn/Arwen stuff. I go extremely girly over it.

Yeah... Aragorn is a good-lookin', heroic guy, but so is Faramir, and he is such a romantic!! Besides, it's so much more satisfying to see Faramir and Éowyn fall in love, since they had both been through so much trial, grief and heartache...

[Edited on 12/28/2003 by Lavanwen]
fishi
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 08:43
Yeah, you want them to find love and be happy with each other.
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 08:49
It makes me all girly too....and I am so not usually, but this is a ship I can totally get on board with.
FaramirsQuality
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2003 06:52
seen this nice pic?

http://www.theonering.net/scrapbook/group/1258/view/11578

Is that one fine looking couple or what!?
Faramir's clothing is so gorgeous here. I love the design on his robe,especially the sleeves, a possible loving memory/tribute to his mother? (the blue robe he wraps around Eowyn that belonged to his mother- per the book)

I missed "the look" they gave each other it went by in a nano second. I'm hurt PJ do you hear me ? hurt! wah!!! Ok, I'm over it now sort of .

[Edited on 29/12/2003 by FaramirsQuality]
vaya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 04:41
Excellent picture! Must bookmark that!

Thanks!
Aurora_Celeste
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 06:11
Love, love, love that picture! Thank you for posting it!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 06:59
There was little romance between Faramir and Eowyn, except a few scences of them smiling at each other [how disappionting!]...any chance it might come out in the extended edition?
there better be! The extended edition DVD of Return of the King needs to be at least an hour longer than the movie. I mean, the whole Eoywn/Faramir & the house of healing part, and Sarumann... Hopefully PJ will still care enough to do a good job on it, and not be too wrapped up in King Kong.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 11:24
Wow that is such a pretty pic I love it their clothes are so purtiful
Evenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2003 12:07
Aye. Evenstar, she like that piccie verrrrry much.

Evenstar, she anxiously awaiting the EE...
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 10:47
Love their scene together
Brethil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 06:31
ooo, if this thread starts again we can here what peoploe think of the EE scenes with them in ^_^ i love the extra stuff its so cute, especially when their left in the city when the others go to the Black Gate. And when they see each other, quite touching. BUT I think that the bit before all this when Éomer screamed when he saw Éowyn was sooo moving...i cryed so much! :cry:
Earwen_of_Alqualonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2006 01:52
Oh but I still think there was not enough of the Faramir/Eowyn scenes...PJ could have put more...and there was no wedding!
Woodlandelfgirl87
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2006 06:45
It would have been great if they showed the wedding! Someone said they filmed it. I don't care if it would take too much time away from Frodo... Faramir and Eowyn are my favorite couple in the entire story!

BUT I think that the bit before all this when Éomer screamed when he saw Éowyn was sooo moving...i cryed so much!

I know! I wanted to jump through the TV just to tell him his sister was going to be alright!
Sheledrial
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 06:51
I heard htat there was more in the extended version also. I know i read that they got together and eventually Eowyn was able to get over the Deep compassion that she felt for Aragorn and allow herself to be happy with Faramir. I think they make a good couple.

There was little romance between Faramir and Eowyn, except a few scences of them smiling at each other [how disappionting!]...any chance it might come out in the extended edition?
Faramirsgirl73
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 02:33
I love the scene of them standing on the walls and watching the Army of the West ride out to the Black Gate in ROTK EE.I adore the look that he gives.I makes me go all squishy inside.
Celebne
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 09:29
I hope, we will see one day the wedding and a kiss.
Shadowfax_Pip
Nessa Realm Leader
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 09:25
Same here, Celebne!!

Say, Eowynshue, could you send me the link for that pic you loaded on earlier in this thread? I'd like it on my siggie but don't know how . Just PM me or something.
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 12:38
I was a bit disappointed with the additional F/E footage. I didn't feel like it captured their relationship in the books and it also made Eowyn seem like a flip-flopper. I know there's no time, even in some super duper extended edition to tell their story properly but I wish the movie didn't make their relationship seem so sappy.

I would have loved it if Eowyn was wearing the blue cloak at the coronation! It's such a beautiful part from the books that wouldn't have confused non-book fans at all.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email