Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
CeruleanMosaic
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: ROTK EE - All Discussion, News, Trailers, etc.
on: December 22, 2004 12:16

* What's the name of the actor who plays the role of the Mouth of Sauron in The Return of the King?
A: ?????

I think the answer to that question (and I'm not sure of the spelling) is Laurence Makore (an actor from N. Zealand who also played Lurtz).

Cheers.

Two different actors played these parts. Lawrence played Lurtz (I saw him at the Fellowship Festival this year and he talked a lot about the roles he had and all that was involved with his makeup) and a New Zealand actor named Bruce Spence played the Mouth of Sauron (I couldn't find a pic of him but his bio was pretty long)
echoes
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2004 06:28
I watched the EE and the first disc of the appendices. It is SO great! I rented it at Blockbuster so I only have 2 and a half days to watch it. It might buy it later if the price goes down.
EruanwenSaeriel I'm Canadian too and I haven't noticed any egg thing either.
EDIT: I found the Easter Eggs! On the scene selection, keep going down after you've reached the last scene and a ring appears.

[Edited on 26/12/2004 by echoes]
Bookfaramir
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 12:02
The EE is great! There are many nice extended/new scenes which I missed in the TE. Those scenes are great:

- The Voice of Saruman

- Gandalf telling Pippin of the decline of Gondor

- The crossroads

- Alle extended battle scenes in Osgiliath, during the siege of Minas Tirith and on Pelennor

- All new scenes with Éowyn, Faramir, Éomer and Merry. Éomer finding his sister on the battlefield was so tear-jerking! :sob: The Houses of Healing scenes were lovely, but too short for me.

- Frodo and Sam in the company of Orcs

But although I love the most extended and new scenes, there are also some additions on the EE, which I do not like:

The drinking game and the "skull avalanche" are totally unnecessary, stupid trash and a waste of time. :rolleyes: But much more I dislike the scenes which started good, but were ruined at the end: :nono:

- Aragorn getting shocked by Sauron showing "dying Arwen" in the Palantír

- The Witchking breaking Gandalf's staff and Gandalf looking like a fearful old man - totally different from the book!

- Aragorn beheading the Mouth of Sauron. Aragorn should know that it is forbidden to assail a messenger! :banghead:

[Edited on 28/12/2004 by Bookfaramir]
Clementine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 04:49
All I can say about the EE is....WOW! It completely blew me away!
Being the obsessive, gollum-like girl that I am I have managed to watch all of the whole EE, the appendices AND the cast commentaries! Which were all AMAZING. Everything about it was just...ooh I can't explain it! I've never wanted to be part of Middle Earth or even part of making the film as much as I did right after watching all of that.

First of all, the EE scenes themselves. I've heard that lots of people didn't like Saruman's death scene but I absolutely LOVED it! It's been apparent from the very beginning that we weren't going to get the Scouring of the Shire and this scene was a great replacement. I know its incredibly gruesome but I loved Saruman falling on the spike! Its just so appropriate that Saruman is firstly stabbed by Wormtongue then is killed by his own machinery. Brilliant PJ!

I liked the crossroads scene very much, the fallen head of the king was just how I had imagined it would be.
All the stuff with Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in the Paths of The Dead wasn't all that interesting, though I'm slightly biased because I never like the look of the Army of the Dead anyways. Still seeing all those skulls was pretty cool
Eomer, crying over Eowyn was so heart wrenching! Amazing acting there.

I was so happy to see the houses of healing in the movie but was sort of disapointed that it was so short! Even thought it makes sense to me because I've read the book, my dad was completely confused at why putting a damp cloth on Eowyn's arm suddenly cured her! He's a doctor so it was very hard for him to understand I think they should have put some dialogue in that scene but it was still very gratifying to see it.
I LOVED the Mouth of Sauron! He was sooo creepy and just plain freaky! But it was perfect, even from reading the books I'd never been able to imagine what he would possibly look like. Once again, the guys at WETA managed to bring this character to life. Though I was pretty shocked when Aragorn cut his head right off, but it still worked pretty well.

My favourite thing though, out of all the EE, was putting more of Merry and Pippin back into the movies. These two really came into their own during this EE and I adored that! Merry swearing allegiance to Theoden was short but brilliant nonetheless. The scene with Faramir and Pippin was really nice too, in fact ANY scene with Merry or Pip was just fantastic! I've become such a fan of these two, they are simply hilarious on the cast commentary! Won't spoil anything for those who haven't heard it yet but I seriously recommend it!

The ROTK EE is by FAR my favourite, not only is it funny in places but having to say goodbye to Middle Earth and the amazing LOTR project itself was bitterly sweet and made me cry my eyes out.

*I just want to dedicate a space here to the thousands of people who lost their lives in India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia. Hopefully no one on this site was affected by this event but I still want to express condolences to all those people out there who have suffered.*
Glewen~Elven_Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2004 06:04
I just got it yesterday, I'm so happy, I've watched alost all the special features, lol

A couple of pages ago, it was asked who plays the mouth of sauron, and I don't know it if was answered, anywho, it was Bruce Spence.
foolofatook~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2005 08:15
WOW. Just wow. I finished watching/listening to the cast commentary in the ROTK EE, and it was absolutely stunning, just stunning. I mean, the effort these amazing people put into these films has me at the edge of my seat, almost at the point of crying. The depiction of how they handled their friendships, hope, and enjoyment is portrayed so well.....I just can't imagine life without this trilogy.

There are.....hardly any...if any....words to describe this.....it's just STUNNING.

GREAT work Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Domonic Monaghan, Billy Boyd, Viggo Mortenson, Orlando Bloom, John R.-D., Bernard Hill, Miranda Otto, Liv Tyler, Hugo Weaving, Brad Dourif, John Noble, Andy Serkis, Karl Urban, David Wenham, and absolutely everyone else who helped to make this film a reality. I tip my helmet to you all.
Difreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 11:07
I thought the appendices number 6 in ROTK EE was so great. Great to see how they grew to respect each other and become, maybe, life long friends....I cried.:cry:

[Edited on 14/2/2005 by Difreak]
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 07:26
By the way, I heard that "Use Well The Days" would be on the RotK EE, but I haven't been able to find it. Does anyone have any info on this?

I believe they have put out a special limited special edition release of the RotK soundtrack and "Use Well the Days" is on the DVD that comes with it. It was in a case like the EE DVD.
It's available in the States, Canada, and the UK as far as i know.
You can go to this website to check it out:
Link
good luck!

[Edited on 18/3/2005 by Bealocwealm]

* Edited by Nienna to keep link from stretching forum page *

[Edited on 5/25/2005 by Nienna-of-the-Valar]
TinaHalfelven
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 02:23
Okay.... I just needed to rant.... THE CAST COMMENTARY IS SO FUNNY. I just love the bit where, in the extended part of the Paths of the Dead scene, Orlando says the thing about Legolas dancing about naked and the part where Andy Serkis was using Gollum and Smeagol to express his thoughts.... They are all amazing people and I think when you see 'em in movies you think of 'em as their characters but it's nice to be reminded that they are normal (well, special normal) people with senses of humor and such.
Moonwalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 08:57
i still have to watch all the extras but something that really stuck out was the part talking about Annatar (saurons *pretty* form). i am so glad that they did not change the ending to Aragorn vs. annatar/sauron. that would have been really sad and dissapointing. i's glad that it was abandoned. did anyone find this part interesting?

Yeah. I found that pretty interesting and thank GOD that they didn't change the ending. That would have been horrible and wouldn't have worked. I think everyone who had read the books would have became so mad, like me. But that was indeed very interesting.

In overall, I think EE was very good although there was some scenes I didn't like. Paths of the Dead was pretty lame. I didn't like the skull part because it only made me laugh. I think that wasn't the meaning of that scene =P.

Mouth of Sauron rocked...but...ARAGORN HOW DARE YOU??!!!! That was just wrong and didn't fit in the scene at all. I have read the books so I know that Mouth of Sauron didn't die like that. Actually nobody knows what happened to him. And I really liked that guy .

Okay. Enough of my complaining. I still loved the EE
The_seventh_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 03:41
i still have to watch all the extras but something that really stuck out was the part talking about Annatar (saurons *pretty* form). i am so glad that they did not change the ending to Aragorn vs. annatar/sauron. that would have been really sad and dissapointing. i's glad that it was abandoned. did anyone find this part interesting?

I'm glad they didn't do that for the feature film, but I kinda wish they had actually finished the shots and stuff for it so we could watch more then just conceptual art for it in the Appendices. I think I kinda woulda been interesting to see it. But only in the Appendices. It was a good thing they switched to Aragorn vs. Troll. :disco:
ArwenEvenstar1992
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2005 03:00
Hi,
I have seen on a trailer for ROTK EE, a scene with Arwen + Elrond where he says 'I can't protect you anymore....'
Is it on there?
The_seventh_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 04:06
Hi,
I have seen on a trailer for ROTK EE, a scene with Arwen + Elrond where he says 'I can't protect you anymore....'
Is it on there?

Nope. :disco:
100ringersfan
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2006 05:57
During the final scene with Aragorn and Arwen when he sees her, kisses her as he twirls her around we get a face shot of him. Is he crying? A bet has been wagered so I hope someone can clear it up. Also, when Eowen hands Aragorn the Goblet and says "Westu Aragorn Hal" what is she actually saying? and last Aragorn nods to Arwen as he turns to follow the rest of the fellowship. Frdo does it as well when he turns looks at Sam, Merry and Pippen as he says off to the Undying Lands. What does that gesture mean?

Thanks for your time
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email