Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OK - who cried? Come on, I know you're out there...
on: June 09, 2005 02:43
Ok, I'll admit it - since everyone else has - I cried through the whole thing! The regular movie-goer people around us were probably getting annoyed. I drenched my jacket with tears.
I think my sister and I and my friend were the only people who stayed for the credits every time we went to the theaters to watch any lotR film. We would say "oh! look! yeah he's the guy who did so and so". I know we are wierd. But partly we always watch the credits for any movie because with some films (mostly the rated G ones) sometimes they have extra shorts or other things. For example: FInding Nemo, Princess Diaries II and others. OK I'm getting off subject.
LuthienofDoriath23
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 08:03
I would've cried when Denethor is having his go at Faramir, when Theoden died, at the end, and plenty of other places, but I almost never cry during a movie. I actually wish I did:cry:
NeatNicki
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2005 12:46
I got embarrassed to cry when I saw this in the theatre with my best girl-friend. But I just couldn't HELP myself when Faramir bid Denethor think better of him and then left the city on his suicide mission. :cry: That scene was so gorgeous - the colours, the Gondorian people all gathered to see the soldiers leave, the strewn flowers on the cobblestone. :cry: And then the charge. :sob:
When else did I cry? ... I cried when I saw the eagles approached Mt Doom (Gwaihir is so cute!!! ). When Gandalf rode to Faramir's rescue down in the Pelennor Fields. When Arwen saw her son. When Frodo said good-bye (tho I must admit, having to pee really really badly helped curb any emotion). When Theoden died... When the beacons were lit...
I'm a sap, ok?
Denethorsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 08:34
I cried on the part when the hobbits are told "You don't bow to noone" and the part in The Grey Havens when the hobbits say goodbye to each other.
nippip_dna_yrrem
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 01:35
I bawled the majority of the film... Everytime I see it I cry at least four or five times still... except for right before and during the paths of the dead. That's about the only time I didn't cry...
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:45
I'm not one to cry at movies, and I managed to hold back most of my tears, but i had to let go when Frodo said good-bye to the other hobbits. :sob: Thankfully, i had my trusty portable tissue packet thingy.

The scene that got me the most was the part where Frodo says good-bye to the other hobbits. I was BAWLING. Sigh... I might have embarrassed a few friends....:cry:

[Edited on 25/9/2005 by asleepingvision]
chreotha
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 06:19
not only do I cry every time I see Boromir die in FOTR (lord only knows how amny times that is now) but my 8 year old daughter cries too, especailly when she figured out he was trying to save Merry and Pippin
I think i see a future ringer in the midst
Hyperno
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 02:30
I remember reading ROTK and I cried when Sam says "Don't go where I can't follow" and didn't cry when Sam says "I can't carry it, but I can carry you".

When I saw ROTK the movie - I didn't react AT ALL to "Don't go where I can't follow" but the minute Sam said "I can't carry it, but I can carry you" and lifts Frodo up, I burst into tears. Then I was in tears for the rest of the movie :cry:
arwen7
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 04:52
Well... I cried when Gandalf "died" in FOTR, I was in cinema and i could hear how men next to me were sniffing their noses like - man something got into my eye, and I knew they were crying over the same thing as me, it was so sweet and sad and funny at the same time :cry: .On the second movie...when Gandalf finally came to aid the battle in Helm`s Deep - but these were the tears of joy. And in the final film when Denethor sent Faramir out and Pippin sang so beautifully...I was in tears and angry at Denethor at the same time. Ofcourse there were a lot more of moving moments for me, but they are already listed here so i wont repeat.
Grifo
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 10:11
I wasn't used to be someone who cried during movies, but LOTR 3 changed it all. Ok, I got wet eyes even at the end of the book, but some scenes in the movie were just a bit too much even for my manly eyes .

I got wet eyes at the point when Denethor came to the victory celebrating Faramir and Boromir, when Boromir said 'One moment of peace, can he not give us that?' in the extended scene of LOTR 2

I cried when Aragorn said: 'My Friends... You bow to no one' and the whole city bowed to the four hobbits!

I got wet eyes again when the ship was set for departure.

The strange thing though was that I only had this the second and third time I watched the movie, not the first time.

[Edited on 6/9/2005 by Grifo]
Lweven
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 12:20
I cried when the Aragorn turns at the Gates of Mordor, and says "For Frodo" and then everyone runs with him to fight, and I cried when Aragorn tells the hobbits "You bow to no one" and when Frodo left! :cry: for the grey havens.

...I don't remember crying when I watched the Fellowship, or the TTT's...
Yanweriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 04:45
Ok, I confess... I teared up on numerous occasions, but the tears only got away from me when Pippin sang to Denethor, and when Aragorn and all the rest of Gondor bowed to the Hobbits at the end. There are only two other movies that got tears from me... The Passion of the Christ and Million Dollar Baby.
pippin_lovin_fool
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2005 02:40
I cried when merry and pipin seperated.....when denothor told Faramir he'd rather have him dead....during billy's song *thinks of song*:cry:...o.k, sorry...when frodo was hanging on in mount doom and sam wouldnt let him die....when all the hobbits and members of the fellowship are being reunited...when all the people are bowing to the hobbits....at the Grey havens...and at that BEAUTIFULL ending with sam...and the hobbit door closing...and ....does anyone have a tissue???!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
stargazing_hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2005 04:31
You named off all the places I cried, plue when Pippin found Merry, the last 20 minutes, the line, when Sam says, "I can't carry it for you but I can carry you!", "Then let us be ride of it.", and "Don't you let go!" as well as others. Also, the during the song that played during the credits.
I_survived_helms_deep
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2005 08:14
Ok i started crying 3 days before it came out...is that normal???I sobbed through the whole thing, so badly i couldn't even see the screen for the majority of the time! Hmmm i was pretty bad with the pippin leaving merry bit, i think it was the music there that got me, i cried at the CD. "Don't go where i can't follow" was a hard line and just the shere immensity of the battle scenes, but the end was the hardestso saaaad!! Phew, am a little teery just thinking about it!
IloveFrodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2005 03:10
Well, when I saw the ROTK at the cinema for the first time, I didn't cried, but I got teared-up(I feel embarrased when I cried in crowded places). But when I saw the movie for the second time(Dvd) at my brother's house(The Grey havens part) I ended up crying!! :cry:
I also cried when Boromir died and when Frodo embraced Sam in the boat after rescued him from the lake, during FOTR.
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 08:40
K so I cried at almost every scene but here is the most tearful ones:

~When Frodo told Sam to go home
~When Denethor was being mean to Faramir! bad denethor, hurt my poor Faramir!
~When they had the big battle outside the Black Gates and then it went into slow motion when the Ring was destroyed
~Aragorn's crowning ceremony- they were finally reunited! *sniff*

There is loads more but that is it for now before I burst into tears as I am typing this!

*runs from the room, crying*

Namarie,
~Arwen
~Arwen~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2005 04:47
I cried when Aragorn said: 'My Friends... You bow to no one' and the whole city bowed to the four hobbits

name ONE person that didn't, lmao! I remember watching it while I was in Hosp., and the person that was taking care of the pacient next to me (who was also helping me for the hell of it, lol) saw it and also was bawling, lmao
Concerning_hobbits
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2005 10:49
i cried at most of those parts too. in the first movie i cried during the part where boromir dies!! it's sooo sad:cry:
Belegren
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 09:33
Ok you got me. Ican't really remeber how many times i cried while watching the movies, but i am sure i cried as much as u did, may be a little more but i am not sure of it. I cried even during a few really patriotic scenec, like the charge the of the rohirrim. the song of sung by pippin was very emotional.
Cloveress
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2005 05:43
And you got me too!

I cry a lot during the movies. I cried when Boromir was killed, when Aragorn was crowned, and during that tender moment right after Bilbo tries to take the Ring from Frodo in Rivendell.
Calaquende
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 05:16
I cried the first time I saw the movie in the cinema (though I didn't burst into tears like that: :cry. When I watch in on my video I sometimes have my eyes wet.
asleepingvision
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 02:43
The first time i watched RotK, i cried. Then, the second time, i brought my brother with me. That was the worst mistake i ever made. Instead of watching the movie, i ended up answering all of his questions. Instead of crying, i ended up fuming at my brother for not letting me watch the movie. He totally ruined the movie for me. Every time Frodo says good-bye to the hobbits, all i see is my brother asking, "Jen? who's that again? Is that Legoleaf?"

I never cried at the movie after that. :banghead:

A word of advice. Never bring your younger brother to a movie with any emotional content in it!!!!

[Edited on 25/10/2005 by asleepingvision]
MellyrnNuinGilgalad
Council Member
Send Message
I teared up so many times in the movies... The breaking of the fellowship, during Sam's speech in The Two Towers, when Pippin sang his song, when Aragorn said "My friends...you bow to no one." but what really made me cry was in the RotK EE Appendices Part 2, at the end, when Viggo was saying goodbye, and he said, "...and to fans of Tolkien, I'll just say, Namárië." I almost burst out in tears.
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow...
MellyrnNuinGilgalad
Council Member
Send Message
And the during the Grey Havens...
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow...
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Even a robot would shed an oily tear or two.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
-When Haldir dies
-When Theoden dies
-When Denethor tries to burn Farimir
-When Boromir dies
-When the Fellowship is broken
-When Sam carries Frodo in RotK
-Grey havens

That is my list. I have no shame.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Huddy
Council Member
Send Message
I cried a lot! I cried when Gandalf, Haldir, and Boromir died. I cried (even just reading the script) when Aragorn tells Frodo, 'I would have followed to the end', and then orcs attacked. My heart broke for Aragorn when Éowyn asks him, 'Where is she? the lady that gave you that jewel?' though I did not cry. I cried at the grey havens parting, I cried when Sam though Frodo was dead, I cried when they talk of the Shire, after their task was done. I hid my tears, and they were only one or two each time but my heart was in agony.
But in my defense, I had a pocket knife with me this last time I watched it, and during battle scenes I nearly stabbed the couch multiple times. My brother was lucky it wasn't a full-sized sword.
I get very involved in movies that are exciting. The better made they are, the more I unite with those in the movie. LOTR was really well made.
Gildor Inglorion
Council Member
Send Message
-Go home Sam
-The breaking of the Fellowhip ("I made a promise, Mr. Frodo"
-Faramir and Denethor ("You wish our places had been exchanged..."
-Sam and Frodo on Mount Doom (Sam carrying him and "Do you remember the Shire?"
-Frodo and Sam on the rock waiting to die after the Ring was destroyed ("I can see the Shire"
-When Mount Doom explodes and the Fellowship (in this case everyone but Boromir, Sam and Frodo) think Frodo and Sam have died
-The Grey Havens
-Gandalf's fall at Khazad-Dum

I didn't openly sob or anything, but my throat gets sort of clogged up and my eyes get watery and that kind of stuff
Gildor Inglorion
Council Member
Send Message
-Go home Sam
-Frodo and Sam on the rock waiting to die after the Ring was destroyed ("I can see the Shire"
-When Mount Doom explodes and the Fellowship (in this case everyone but Boromir, Sam and Frodo) think Frodo and Sam have died
-The Grey Havens

I didn't openly sob or anything, but my throat gets sort of clogged up and my eyes get watery and that kind of stuff
Gildor Inglorion
Council Member
Send Message
-Go home Sam
-The Grey Havens

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email