Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
Post The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: January 07, 2004 05:21
This is a pub specially made for those of you who would like to try roleplaying, but are afraid to join a "serious" rp. Of course, old timers are welcome to join too!
It's a pub, in Bree, a pretty good location for a pub in Middle Earth. It is after the War, but before Frodo left for the Gray Havens.
Please have a Middle-Earth character, with no "special" powers. Be a reformed orc! Be a dwarf! Or yes, you can even be an elf!
This is meant to be a relaxed, practice your writing, have lots of fun pub. I will be the owner and host of the pub, a jolly hobbit named Rupert Bracegirdle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rupert opens the doors to the pub just as the sun is coming up. "Ah, it's another lovely day." Breathing in the fresh morning air, he sighs a happy sigh and heads in to set up for the morning rush. He puts some wood into the fireplace, and gets a big pot of water ready for the tea, coffee, and hot cereal he'll be making. "Where is that girl? Why can't she ever get here on time?" He starts rushing to get everything ready. His morning help is late, as usual.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: January 07, 2004 05:43
((I'm an oldie...how sad..I'm old!!! any way, I'm gonna use my char Eeva, she's a plain old human, who just studies magick, and sometimes has visions. For more information on this or any of my other characters, please check out http://councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=2162 sorry, I sound like a telemarketer. Just imagine my char is more fit for middle earth, throw out the modern stuff.))

((Oh yea, can I be the help? if not, I'll change my post.))

Eeva ran towards the pub, her long, black hair flying behind her. Her black corset top and black leather pants covered in a light dust. She brushed herself off, securely hiding her knife in her boot. Tying her hair back, she walked over to Rupert, speaking quickly. "I'm sorry, I know I'm late. It won't happen again." She smiled lightly, her light brown eyes sparkling. Wiping a stray piece of hair out of her face, she smudged her pale complexion with dirt, not knowing it.
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: January 07, 2004 05:44
A tall man with red hair, blue eyes opens the door to get some food and drink. He sees a small hobbit and walks over, "Hello, what is your name? My name is Halbarad I'm a ranger of the north. What kind of food do you have here, I'm starved! :drool:

[Edited on 8/1/2004 by eldir]
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2004 08:03
In early morning, with only a single patron in the bar a figure cloaked in black silently enters pub. There is no face under the hood, and his hands and feet were in intricate mail. The air of the pub seemed to drop as he entered. At the counter he stood, the hood cocked at an upward angle as though searching deep memories. After long moments, words came out. "Ashdautas Vrasubatlat*" another pause "A pint, please." was said in a voice sounding as a horse wisper at speeches volume. A swift moment left him sitting on a stool at the bar.

*Some day I will kill you, (black speach) Traditional Greeting
ooc: http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=RPG&file=index&action=viewcharacter&rpgid=2187 - this character
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 05:14
a tall travell stained man came in, his soft hunting boots making little noise of the wood floor. the impression of him was quiet, his clothes were a dark earthy color and eyes sought no one elses, but he would meet the eye if it was turned to him first. his face was fare and stern, being obviously one of the dunedain that had returned from the south after the War of the Ring. besides the grim quiet, he was friendly enough. "well Rupert, i just can't stay away i suppose. the usual please." then to the barmaid, "good to see you Eeva, i was worried a wouldn't see you again, as late as you always are, but then Rupert's to nice even to throw me out"

(ooc is it eeva or eva?)

[Edited on 8/1/2004 by faron]
ElenaTheWarrior
Journals Moderator
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 10:44
In runs a girl, about 12 years old, and climbs up on a stool at the bar.
"Hello Rupert! How are you?" she asks

"I'm well, little Miss," says the old hobbit, smiling. "I'm glad to see you and your father are back in town! Will he be in today?"
"Yes, he's just stabling the horses. I ran in because I'm very thirsty."
"Well here you are Miss Elena," says Eeva, handing her a glass of water.
"Thank you!" says the girl. "Oh, and ada says to tell you that we need rooms for...oh dear, now I an't remember how long he said. But he also said to ask if you have our normal rooms available."
"Indeed I do," says the hobbit. "I always keep them open until the last minute."
"Oh good!"
Elena's father was a ranger, one of the DĂșnedain of the North. Elena often travelled with him, and this Inn in Bree was as much of a "home" as they had.
A moment later Tarneldor walked in.
"Hello! Good to see you Rupert, and you Eeva. Have you anything to warm a weary travellers heart?"
Almost before he'd finished speaking, Eeva seta a mug of ale at his elbow. "Thank you midear." he said.
Sipping it, he glanced around the room. Elena was on the floor, playing with the cat. His eye fell on the tall cloaked stranger at the bar.
"Hello, friend. Mae govannen," he said, approaching him.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 12:54
ooc: Great Flash, Eeva's perfect for the job. Also, welcome everyone!

"Eeva, thank goodness you're here! We've already got an early customer. He's starved, no less! Sir, I am Rupert Bracegirdle, at your service. Breakfast is on the way, it will be a hearty one, you can be assured of that! In the meantime, let me get you a pint, or is a hot drink more to your liking?" Placing a platter of seed cakes on the bar, the hobbit notices a cloaked figure entering the pub. "Ummm....hello, sir? What can we do for you today?" Waiting for a reply, the stunned hobbit notices a change in the very air around him. Finally, the figure manages to order a drink. "Yes, I believe we can fix you up with a pint. We serve one of the best brews in Bree, if I do say so myself. Eeva, a pint for the fine...um...sir. Please dear. I need to tend to things in the kitchen, or we'll be having a burnt breakfast!" Ever the cheerful host, Rupert greets customers as they enter the pub, happy that Eeva can handle the bar. Rushing off to the kitchen, he warns Elena as he walks by, "Mind the claws, Miss Elena! That cat can have a bad temper!"
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 05:08
Halbarad decides to order. "Excuse me miss, but could I get eggs, some bacon, and a pint?" He hasnt looked around the pub lately, when he does he is startled. "This place sure does fill up quickly," he thinks to himself. He had forgotten about his horse and decides to go outside and feed him.

Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 06:48
((It's Eeva, with two e's. Just to look a bit more foreign, you know? Sounds just like Eva though. I'd address everyone personally, but darn, this thread really took off, lol.))

Eeva ran around, serving everyone. She smiled to the travel stained warrior. "It's good to see you also. You know Rupert, he needs my help." She spoke comically, looking to Rupert, laughing. "And so what if I'm late, I'm still doing my job, right?" She smiled, strands of her dark hair framing her pale face.

Eeva ran in the back, getting Halbarad's meal. She returned with it just as he was walking back in. "Here you are sir." Quickly she hurried off to serve others. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her pure black ferret Jet run by. "Oh no," she groaned. Whistling lightly, the little weasel turned and looked her way, running towards her. She grabbed him, looking around, wondering where she could set him. Looking down, she saw Elena.

Kneeling next to her she held up the ferret. "Elana hun, would you mind watching him for awhile? He's such a nuisance to have around here. He likes to play hide and seek, and well, he's really nice, so you don't have to worry about him biting you. You'd better ask your father first though." She smiled at Tarneldor as Elanor ran over to ask.

[Edited on 10/1/2004 by CarolP]
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 09, 2004 08:18
"I'd better not trip over that ferret while I'm serving, Eeva. You know I like animals as much as the next person," Rupert comments as he tries to carry as many plates as he can from the kitchen. "Come on now, eat up everyone, while it's hot."
Placing platters here and there on the bar, he leaves it to Eeva to take individual orders. "What would I do without you?" Rupert smiles up at Eeva. "Now, for some talkin' and some serious eatin' hobbit style!"

Going behind the bar, Rupert makes sure that all of his patrons have full glasses and full plates before he finally sits down to his own breakfast.

[Edited on 10/1/2004 by CarolP]
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 05:31
the dark ranger turned to tarneldor and said, "hail friend, i've seen you mark at weathertop and other tristing-places but this is the first time we meet in spite of freguenting the same inn apparently! i am amarth and a pleasure it is to meet you, and your daughter" he smiles at elena.
durroch
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 05:34
An unusually large purple spotted chicken comes darting furtively into the door left open by Halbarad, closely followed by a young human child.

"My mother is going to kill me!" She gasped,"I don't know why she values these stupid chickens so much..."

After grabbing the protesting chicken, she shouted an apology to Eeva behind the counter and ran out the door, a distant shout of "Only 3 more to go..."

[Edited on 11/1/2004 by CarolP]
ElenaTheWarrior
Journals Moderator
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 06:51
((heh heh, "Doom", Faron? ))

Kneeling next to her she held up the ferret. "Elena hun, would you mind watching him for awhile? He's such a nuisance to have around here. He likes to play hide and seek, and well, he's really nice, so you don't have to worry about him biting you. You'd better ask your father first though." She smiled at Tarneldor as Elena ran over to ask.

i am amarth and a pleasure it is to meet you, and your daughter" he smiles at elena.

They two rangers shook hands just as Elena ran up to her father, and after nodding shyly to Amarth she asks,

"Ada! Can I play with Eeva's ferret, pleeeaasse?" begged Elena

Tarneldor glanced over at Eeva and saw her smile at him, holding up the tame black ferret.

"Yes, you may. Mind he doesn't trip anyone."

"Thanks ada!" she said and walked back over to where Eeva handed over the ferrest before getting back to work behind the bar.

Tarneldor watched her for a moment before turning back to Amarth,
"If I may ask friend, what brings you to Bree? Do you come on business or pleasure?" he asks.
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 04:52
Halbarad, now happy that he has eaten his breakfast, decides to help the little girl find her chickens. Going outside, carefully shutting the door, he spots a chicken behind some barrels. He jumps at the chicken, and misses, and slams his head straight into the barrels. He jumps up and starts chasing the chicken, and finally after some 20 minutes he finally catches the chicken. He searchs and finds a small pen with the purple chicken in it, and puts the chicken that he caught into the pen. He runs inside and yells at the top of his lungs " I caught the chicken!!!"

[Edited on 12/1/2004 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2004 05:43
Eeva smiled as Elena took Jet from her. She began to top off everyone's drink when she felt a slight headache coming on. Great, just like her body to do something like that on a busy day. She shook the pain away, pushing it to the back of her mind, ignoring it. Seeing everyone was topped off and content, she sat behind the bar in case someone needed her. She placed her elbow on the counter, resting her chin on her hand.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 06:44
Tarneldor watched her for a moment before turning back to Amarth,
"If I may ask friend, what brings you to Bree? Do you come on business or pleasure?" he asks.

it is always buisness, with me, even if i rest it is but to get back on the road, my one true love" he says the last in a joking manner, "i have no buisness but eating, drinking and sleeping in laege amounts this day, or the next few."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 07:38
Karinak looked at his drink. He had been looking at it for a while now. He had ordered it, but realized afterwords that he hadn't had a drink in an age. Could he drink? Would he taste it? Karinak looked around the bar, trying to remember that earlyer life. Then he turned his mind and eyes back to the drink infront of him. Was it to early to have a drink? Karinak had far more questions then answers.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 01:36
Rupert is not the least distracted from his food as children and animals scamper around the pub. When he is finished, he notices that Eeva is not looking at all well.

"Eeva, do you need to take a rest, hon?" the concerned hobbit asks. "I know I overwork you at times, maybe we should take on another helper or two."

Making the rounds, Rupert visits the pub patrons, refilling drinks, and making sure everyone is happy. Noticing the strange hooded customer, he takes a deep breath and approaches him.

"Sir, is something wrong with the drink? Because if you'd like something else I can get you, hmmm...let's see. Would a hot drink be more to your liking?" Not sure how to talk to a race he had heard of, but never seen, Rupert grabs a drink and sits at the bar.

" I caught the chicken!!!"

"I didn't know we were having a chicken catching contest today, I would have joined!" Rupert said to Halbarad.

durroch
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 03:02
After accepting the bewildered chicken from Halbarad and putting it away, young Cimorene entered the pub holding a small bouquet of periwinkles.

"Thank you for giving me help with my mother's chickens," she said with a tiny curtsy while presenting the bouquet. "they are so silly, but they always get away from me."

Without letting Halbarad get a word in edgewise, she skipped out of the door and into the sunshine.

[Edited on 13/1/2004 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 04:49
Eeva looked at Rupert. "I'm fine, just a slight headache, maybe I should take a break. If anyone needs anything, just let me know, I'll be outside. Maybe some fresh air will help." She began to walk away then turned to Rupert saying, "I think it would be nice to have some extra help."

She walked outside, the sun shining down on her black hair, giving it a gorgeous blue sheen. She sat under a tree, a small breeze blowing strands of hair across her face. Her light brown eyes sparkled.

Something bumped into her leg and she looked down, it was a little white kitten, with blue eyes as clear as the sky. Picking it up she spoke softly to it, "Well hi there little one. Where is your mother?" She looked around, but saw no one. Cradling the little ball of fur in her arms she walked inside. "Rupert, do you know who's kitten this is? I found her, well she kind of found me outside. Poor little thing, her mother was no where in sight.

((I couldn't resist, I love kitties :love:!!! Anyone feel free to claim her. If ya don't, well then, I guess we'll have a kitty running around!! ))

[Edited on 13/1/2004 by eldir]
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 10:42
when amarth looked up at eeva and the tiny kitten his face softened and he moved to help he with it, "i can take care of that if you like" he said to her, to the kitten, "hello little fellow, you look to be without a home, lets try and get you fed howabouts, there's milk apleaty around here.

turning away from tarneldor, he took the cat from eeva and cuddled it in his arms
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2004 01:02
Halbarad takes the bouquet, "it smells beautiful" He thought as he put it in a small glass about half full with water. He pulls out a deck of cards from his pocket, and startes to play a game of solitaire.

[Edited on 14/1/2004 by eldir]
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 02:24
"A kitten you say! How lovely!" A true animal lover, Rupert pets the kitten and rushes into the kitchen as fast as his hobbit sized legs would carry him, returning just as fast with a bowl of milk. "Yes little one, we have plenty of milk around here, especially for one that is so tiny."
Smiling and humming, Rupert happily returns to his bartending duties.
"Eeva, do you feel up to making a help wanted sign for the window? My writing is so awful, I don't know if anyone could read a sign that I wrote! Let's see, what kind of help should we get, and what should I pay?" Talking to himself more than to Eeva, Rupert tries to make a decision. Slapping the bar, he makes a decision.
"I've decided...no decisions until after lunch!"
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 06:00
Eeva laughed as Rupert ran to get milk. "I'd love to make a sign. What exactly should it say?" She saw he was pretty much in his own little world, talking to himself. Jumping a little, she tried to stifle her laugh as he slapped his hands on the bar, declaring that no decisions would be made until after lunch. "Fine by me."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 07:21
"Its fine... thank you" On an impulse, Karinak lifted the mug to his face and attempted to drink. The attempt was a failure. He discovered he had no opening there to take the drink in., so though most of it stayed in the cup, some dribbled down his chin and in to his cloak. Karinak put the drink down, and after a little while, reached in to this cloak and located some coin to pay the barkeeper.

[Edited on 15/1/2004 by eldir]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 08:58
((I'm an oldie around here...but I'm not old! Just thought I'd check this place out, get acquainted with some newbies))

The door swung open again, admitting a tall, blonde elf woman with deep blue eyes. She smiled politely at everyone present as she took a seat at the bar. Her clock fell aside to reveal her sword at her side.

Rapping lightly to get the bartender's attention, she said in a quiet, whispy voice, "May I have some bacon and toast with tomatoes?"

[Edited on 15/1/2004 by Vanalosswen]
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 02:07
Karinak turned his head slightly to better see the elf who had just sat down at the bar. She reminded him of someone, but he couldn't remember who. Someone from a long time ago. Near the begining? Before the begining even? Maybe not. Karinak did not realise he was looking at her for an unusual amount of time.

[Edited on 16/1/2004 by CarolP]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 05:35
Eeva smiled at the newcomer. She nodded as she went in the back. A moment later she apeared with her order. "Here you are." She said cheerfully as she placed it in front of her. "Enjoy."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 06:47
All eyes turn to the door as the newcomer enters. Rupert forgets about his lunch, and goes over to greet her. "Welcome to Rupert's," he says as he looks up at the elf. "My you're tall!"
Mumbling to himself, he decides to get back to work.
"Eeva, I'm going to paint that sign myself. Have you seen the paint?" Going to the nearest cupboard, he starts digging through it. "Eeva, have you seen the big paper?" He throws things on the floor as he looks for what he needs, face turning redder and redder. The patrons of the pub look on in amusement. "Eeva, don't we ever clean these cupboards?" He gets more and more flustered. "Eeva! Oh wait, here it is!"
Taking the paper and paint over to a back table, he thinks about what he wants on his sign.

[Edited on 16/1/2004 by CarolP]
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 03:57
Halbarad now noticed that an elvish girl has walked in. Remembering some elvish food that he had a long time ago, he notices how hungry he is. Deciding to order his lunch, some soup and crackers would do nicely and thats what he orders. Finishing his lunch quickly, he gets a room and goes upstairs for a nap.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 06:01
Eeva looked at Rupert, stiffling a laugh. Shaking her head as he sat down, she grabbed an apple, taking a bite out of it. Finishing it quickly, she cleaned up the bar a bit. she walked over to the cupboard, looking inside. "Yeesh, this thing is disorganized." She began to tidy things up. When she finished she looked at it smiling. "There." She walked over to Rupert, "I tidied up the cupboard, so now you can find things easier." She smiled, laughing a little.

She then walked over to Amarth. "How's she doing?" She kneeled down, petting the tiny kitten. Standing, she caught his gaze. Her cheeks turned a bright pink. She had always had a small crush on him. "I better get back to work." She walked away slowly, going back behind the bar, busying herself with things. ((hope you don't mind faron, just thought it would be fun! lol))
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 07:27
((its ok he needs a love interest))

amarth was sitting quitely leaving the kitten to lap its milk, whatching it with a smile that softened his face to its natural features, less grim and more or less handsome. that look was still on his face when he looked into eeva's eyes, his were deep and sparkling, but it only lasted a moment
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2004 07:56
((then i guess it's settled. lol. this thread has really taken off, how many of you new rpers like it and are more comfortable with the whole board and wanna join other threads?))

Eeva saw that things had settled down a bit. "Rupert, I'm gonna go hang outside for awhile. Let me know if you need me." She walked towards the door, stopping to pet the kitten as she drank. She smiled at Amarth again, walking outside. When she stepped into the sunlight, she took her long hair out of its pony, letting it fall gently onto her shoulders.

She glanced at the stables, deciding to go check on her horse. When she reached Maura, she took her out of her stall, leading her outside in the sun to graze. As she grazed, Eeva brushed out her coat, mane and tail. Patting her shoulder she let her roam around, eating and drinking as she pleased.

After awhile she led her horse back into the stable, checking on the other horses while she was on there. Almost wishing Amarth would come out, she walked back to her little wall, sitting atop it again.

((wouldn't it be cool if we took this thread, and made another one related to it...like a spin off, only the new one could be different, more interacting outside of the inn and things like that...))

[Edited on 17/1/2004 by Flash]

[Edited on 17/1/2004 by eldir]
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 04:25
"Ah ha! Finished!" Rupert exclaims as he picks up the wet sign to show Eeva. Changing his mind as the paint starts to drip, he puts it back on the table to dry. "A job well done, now on to the stuffed mushrooms." He says to himself, puttering around on his way to the kitchen.
"Thank you for fixed up the cupboards for me Eeva. Take a look at that sign when you get the chance." The sign would have been better if Eeva had painted it, or even if one of the children had painted it, but Rupert had done his best:

[Edited on 18/1/2004 by CarolP]
Elfstones_Sorrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2004 08:13
Raven Goldwing walked into the pub, she had been in Bree before but that was a long time ago. Her long dark hair was in need of a wash and her clear blue eyes were bloodshot from sleepless nights. She ordered a room had a sleep and a wash and returned downstairs to watch the goings on of the pub. She enjoyed very much watching people, she had to get a feel of them before she spoke to them. People were not always what they seemed. Raven was a ranger, she had only just recently begun her own adventures in the world and was looking for fellow travellers keen for excitement, would there be anyone in Bree keen to take up her offer?
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email