Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
Stridlas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: January 18, 2005 08:04
"And what of Aragorn? he will surely want the throne, someday. Also, if he produces heirs wouldn't they truly be the first in line?" Lilona did not know a lot of Aragorn, she had met his daughter once, at her own pub, back when she worked there as well as owned it.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: January 18, 2005 03:53
ooc: I'm so confused :dizzy:

Miranda was woken up by Rupert's loud snoring. She listened to Inwe talking about being a Princess. "I wonder what it would be like to be a princess?" she thought to herself. "Wha....What?" Rupert woke up with a start.
"I'm sorry dear, I was just talking to myself, sorry to wake you," Miranda replied. "The sun is starting to peek out anyway. Should we get some breakfast started?" Miranda didn't wait for Rupert to answer, her stomach was grumbling loudly. She got up and went over to get supplies from one of the packs. "Hmm....not much here." Her stomach rumbled in reply.
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 10:02
Myrrima woke up before everyone else, before even the sun was up. She had never been a light sleeper. She slept deeply for short periods of time and then woke up refreshed. It was what her other used to call a '20 miniute power nap'. She smiled then mounted her horse, Stardust, and began scouting the area. Maybe she would find some food to snack on.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 05:18
ooc: I think we kind of ran out of steam with all of this travelling, so I'm going to put us back at the pub and if we keep going, fine, if not, it's been great!

The group managed to scrounge up a meager breakfast, which made them all the more ready to get moving. They packed up what they had, and continued, some on horses, some on foot. On and on they went, only this time there were no orcs to battle, and no fires to put out. No injured to tend to, and thankfully, no dead to mourn. Just peacefull travelling, in good company. They stopped to rest occasionally, the hobbits tiring more easily than the others. Soon, they were on very familiar territory. It was just nearing dinnertime on this day. Rupert had lost count of just how many days they had been walking, but he knew that he wanted to sit down and lose count of how many days he had been sitting. He saw the gates of Bree, and they seemed very far away.

"Rupert, look!" Miranda said excitedly. "Come on!" Miranda started walking faster, almost running.

"Where are you getting all of this energy?" Rupert said with a laugh.

The group hurried on, and made it to town quickly. Rupert grabbed Miranda's hand and led her into the pub, the others in the group standing aside to let them go in first. As the door opened and the group walked in, Rupert's cousin Duncan was tending bar, and Glinniel was serving a group of unruly dwarves.

"Duncan, really! Can you please get these "gentlemen" to quit being so loud?" Glinniel said irritably. "I can hardly hear myself think!"

Duncan was too busy hugging Rupert and Miranda to hear what she said.:love:
Kahlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 05:36
(ooc: yeah, I know what you mean. That's been happening in a few of the other threads as well.)

Myrrima gasped in wonder and she smiled happily. Now this was what she called an adventure. Traveling across the land, making friends, and then coming to a pub at the end of it and sharing food and drinks. And the others were happy as well. She led her horse to the stable, made sure she had plenty of food and water, and then went back inside.

"This is WONDERFUL!" she said. She was so happy, being here. She had known it was about time she had some adventure in her life. This was it. Now, she needed the rest, and she couldn't wait for her next adventure to begin, though she was quite sure this one was not yet over.
otterling
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 08:52
((OOC: Hey...newbie here. I'd like to stretch my RP legs but this thread seems to have died a horrible death....last year. So are plans out there to re-open it? Can I still do something here? Can we start a new, less convoluted thread that isn't 20 pages long? ))
Backyard_Ninja
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 05:44
Jay walked into the pub on the side of the street. It had been a while since he had left Fangorn Forest, and he hoped to get a couple drinks for low cost, since he was short on gold.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 04:49
((I think we should try and get this thread up and running again, I haven't rp'd here in a long time))

Eeva brushed her dark locks out of her face, her honey colored eyes locking on the newcomer. She quickly grabbed the troublesome ferret Jet and placed him inside her bag so he couldn't be a nuisance, then greeted the man. "Good afternoon sir, what can I get for you?" She once again pushed the stubborn lock of hair from her face, frowning a bit as it fell once again across her eyes.
Lindoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 04:06
Líndoriel walked into the pub and sat at a corner table. She stroked the white eagles perched on each shoulder, who were bating. She spoke to the eagles in a low tone.

"Shhh, Histël. Shhh, Árael. Calm down." She saw Eeva stuff a ferret in a bag, and smiled, saying,

"No, you mayn't eat it. It's probably her pet." She rubbed each of their beaks and ruffled their feathers, calming them down. She looked up and asked Eeva,

"Might I have a glass of wine and some food for myself and these two?"
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 05:40
Eeva smiled as she approached the women with the eagles. It was a good thing she had placed Jet in the safety of her bag.

"Might I have a glass of wine and some food for myself and these two?"

"Of course, I'll be right back." Eeva hurried back to the kitchen, carrying her bag with her. She set the bag on one of the counter tops, grinning at the ferret that peeked his head out. "You'd be best to stay in there little one. Those eagles would have no problem eating you." She scratched his little head before gathering a glass of wine, plate of cooked meat, bread, and cheese for the woman, and a plate of raw meat for the eagles.

She left Jet alone in the kitchen, warning him to stay out of trouble while she was working. She brought the items to the woman's table and set them down. "There you are. Let me know if you need anything else."

Eeva reached down suddenly, plucking the ferret from underneath the table where he had tried to sneak past her. She cradled him close, speaking to the woman about her eagles. "Those are very beautiful birds. I'm sure they would enjoy eating a troublesome ferret such as Jet, wouldn't they?" She looked down at the ferret who, almost as if he knew what she was saying, was trying to burrow deep in her arms to hide.
ArnissëManeharyamë
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2007 11:12
A small hobbit girl rushes in

"Eeva!!!! Eeva!!!!"

She has dark curly hair and light brown eyes. A huge smile covers her face. Clearly she has been playing, for her dark green dress is muddy and a bit torn. She looks to be about four, and as most four-year olds are, she was very curious. She looked around at the people around her, saying hello to the ones she knew, until her eyes rested on the two white eagles and the new person she didn't recognise sitting in the corner.

"Wow! Look at those birdies!! Hi, I'm Dimple Brambleburr, I live just outside here. Are you an elf? What are those eagles names? They're nice. I'm looking for Eeva. Wasn't she just here? Oh there she is, hi Eeva! Posie told me she would give me a cracker if I came a said a message for your help. Are you busy?"

Dimple spoke at a mile a minute and never stopped to let others talk. Dimple lived with her parents and eight siblings, of which she was the youngest. Her oldest sister Posie (thirteen) was very fond of Eeva and often came to visit and talk and ask for advice; today she had sent her sister with a message.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 10:19
Just an interesting thought.....eagles weigh easily 10-20 lbs each, with a wing span of 6-8 feet,which makes me wonder...how does a woman manage to carry two, one on each shoulder? She must be one mightily strong person.

And where does the idea of carting arbout pets (wolves, eagles, hawks, ferrets, etc.) come from in the first place? There is very little mention in any of Tolkien's works of such accompanying his characters.

I realize that this is 'Tolkien RELATED' but, folks, could we please keep the animal buddies to a minimum. And if we must have them, could we be at least realistic about them (back to those weighty eagles again).

[Edited on 4/1/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 06:17
Eeva grinned and knelt before the small hobbit. She waited patiently for Dimple to direct her attention back to her.

"...Are you busy?"

Eeva looked around the pub. "Well, things seem to have calmed down a bit now, so I think I can spare some time for Posie. Where is she at?"
Lindoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2007 07:27
Líndoriel accepted the tray from Eeva with a smile and murmered thanks. She smiled at Eeva's compliment to her birds, and her question.

"Yes, they probably would. I swear, though, I will keep them in line." She raised her right hand and placed it across her heart as she gave her word.

She transferred Histël and Árael from her shoulders to the back of the chair next to hers and attatched the jesses that she carried in the pouch at her waist to their ankles and to the chair they sat on. Histël and Árael complained briefly at being removed from their comfortable perch, but were soon placated by bits of the raw meat that Eeva had provided. Líndoriel told Eeva with a slight bow and a smile,

"See, they will prove no trouble to anyone while tethered."

She then stretched complaining back and shoulder muscles, smiled at the young hobbit, and answered,
"Yes, I am an Elf." She pointed in turn at Histël and Árael and said,
"His name is Histël, and her name is Árael." But she saw that the little one had already hurried off. Líndoriel turned back to her supper and ate with one hand while she fed Histël and Árael with the other, alternating eagles. She hadn't realized that she was so hungry until she started eating.

(OOC: BerethEdhellen, I PM'ed you on the subject of the eagles, so as not to clutter up the RP.)

[Edited on 25/1/2007 by Lindoriel]
Lindoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 07:38
(OOC: Real life is making it difficult to keep up with online stuff, so I have to go. Bye!)

Líndoriel finished her supper, left the payment in silver on the table, and resettled Histël and Árael on her shoulders, tying the jesses to her wrists. She smiled at the young hobbit, nodded to Eeva, and walked out of the pub, turning towards Lorien.
Nienna_Ar_Feiniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 02:47
Sirewen walked in and shook the dust out of her hair. She walked over to the bar and asked "Do you know of a stable where I might keep my horse? I would also like a room for the night."
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email