Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: January 17, 2004 09:07
Karenik's hood turned to the newcomer, he listened to the ranger's question. Excitment sounded interesting, though he wondered what it intaled. Oh well, it was unlikely the ranger would want someone like him along anyway.

[Edited on 18/1/2004 by eldir]
Elfstones_Sorrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: January 18, 2004 02:40
Raven was not at all surprised by the response, it seemed hardly anyone had noticed she was there. That was her own fault she supposed but she would give anyone a chance, a wolf and a girl on a long journey is a lonely one.
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 04:45
Halbarad comes downstairs decides to ask about the job. He walks up to Rupert "Hullo, I saw the sign do you have any thing like animal feeding? I don't mean to brag but animals love me, well talking of animals I'd better go and feed my horse, Calenardhon." With that he went out side to feed and groom Calenardhon.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 05:11
amarth was a little flustered by the look he was a shy man to be truthfull and had no interest in puting the energy into human contact that was required for relationships, besides he was imbarased by them. he disded to just have a pint bein a regular he simply went over behind the bar and poured himself one he was interested in this rangers offer but was, as usual, unwilling to talk to a stranger
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 05:59
"Feeling better now miss?" Rupert asked the newcomer when she came back downstairs. "Have a drink on the house, and welcome to Rupert's. I'm sure you'll be able to find some excitement around Bree. I, being a hobbit, prefer to stay in my homey pub and listen to other people's adventures. If you don't mind me sayin' so, that um...man over there looks like he may be ripe for an adventure." Motioning over to Karenik, he continues, "I'm not sure what to make of him, keeps to himself mostly, but you may want to give him a try."
Halbarad approaches and asks Rupert about the job.
"Oh you saw my sign!" A pleased Rupert reaches up to slap Halbarad on the back. "Are you sure you wouldn't rather accompany that fine lady on a quest? Or do you not like excitement?" As the Ranger went out to feed his horse, Rupert returns to the kitchen, and brings out the snacks he's prepared.
"Amarth, have some mushrooms to go with that brew. Fresh from the oven!" Plopping himself on a tall barstool Rupert eyes Amarth. "So, what's going on between you and my help? Maybe it's none of my business, but she's a fine one. Wish I could find a pretty young hobbit for me. I don't know who'd put up with me anyway!"
Holding up his mug, he drinks a silent toast to pretty hobbit girls.:love:

[Edited on 19/1/2004 by CarolP]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 09:32
Vana smiled at the warm welcome and accepted the food and began eating. She had only just finished her bacon when she felt someone was watching her intently. She looked in the direction of the stare, and briefly met the eyes of a hooded figure before it looked away from her.

Another woman entered the inn, and said something about an adventure. Vana was interested, but she was in Bree right now to rest for a time.

Intrigued by the strange character in the corner, the elf woman picked up her plate and walked over to the corner. "I could not help but notice that you were looking at me before, good sir. May I join you?"

[Edited on 19/1/2004 by eldir]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2004 05:21
Eeva walked back inside, tying her hair in a low pony with a strand of leather, showing off her soft features. She walked up to Rupert. "Anyone ask about the job yet?"

She sat next to Rupert, smiling a friendly smile at Vana as she passed her.
Elfstones_Sorrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2004 07:39
Raven looked Karenik over, If you feel up to it sir I would take you on but first I have a few questions, if you can answer them all with an unhesitating yes then you are welcome to join me.
She stood up, Firstly, are you willing to risk your life on this adventure, secondly will you defend all other party members to the best of your ability, even if it means death, thirdly can you travel unflinchingly into the wilds with only insticts to guide you, and lastly, can you travel without fear of a wolf?
She looked him straight in the eye, If you can answer yes to these questions then I will tell you more about the adventure.
Elrin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2004 08:16
Elvereth entered the bar, looking and feeling more than a little out of place. She drew her cloak closer around her as if she was cold. Looking around she finally decided on a table near the door. Sitting down Elvereth relaxed slightly and studied the room.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2004 08:33
I'm going to take these events as not occurring simultaneously:

(1) Karenik spoke to Vana in his whisper like voice. "feel free, you reminded me of someone I knew." Vana sat across from him, and looked again in to the hood, finding herself unable to locate even the hint of features in its shadows.

(2) Raven sat across the table and spoke her terms. Karenik chuckled to himself as they finished. "Death nor an eternity lost holds no fear for me, and if your wolf can brave his fear of me, then I will extend the same service.

P.S. Raven, you may want to look at my profile and make sure you want someone like me in your group. (Karenik the lost)
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 04:06
(ooc: heehee, looks like everyone wants to get Karenik out of his shell, I mean hood! I'm going over to ooc to start an ooc thread for us. It may be useful!

[Edited on 20/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 21/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 05:15
"Halbarad talked about becoming our stableman, but I don't know if we have enough business for one. I wonder if he is handy with tools and such?"
Noticing a newcomer sitting by the door, he went over at once to welcome her.
"Hello miss, what may I get for you today? I have a fine ale, or perhaps some tea is more to your liking? You look a little cold. It's warmer over by the fire, if you don't mind me saying so. We're a friendly bunch here, well those that I know are friendly, but the others...." Getting tongue tied in his usual manner, Rupert waits for the customer's order.
Elrin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 05:26
Elvereth looked up at the bar owner and gave a smile. "I would love some tea, thank you" Then taking the owners advice, she moved to sit closer to the fire.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 06:00
Vana studied the figure before her. She knew from the voice that he was a male, but other than that, she could tell no identifying features. His hood was a complete cover.

"May I ask who I reminded you of, sir?" The female elf asked before picking up a piece of toast and munching on it.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 06:07
(1) "I... I do not remember. She was.... long ago. I think." Karenik's gaze drifted down to the table as he started searching memory again in vain.

[Edited on 21/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 05:14
Halbarad walked back inside, messy because Cale had pushed him in the mud outside. He hears Rupert talking about his offer:
"Halbarad talked about becoming our stableman, but I don't know if we have enough business for one. I wonder if he is handy with tools and such?"

He walks over to Rupert, "I overheard you and Eeva. Just so you know, I am well versed in the use of tools."

Remembering what a mess he is, he walks up to his room to get cleaned up.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 05:52
"Then tea it will be for you miss, piping hot!" Rupert scurries to the kitchen and brings back the tea, placing a plate full of seed cakes next to it on the table. "Let me know if you need anything else, or my helper Eeva if I'm not around. Welcome to you again."

Rupert starts to clean up some of the tables when Halbarad approaches him again to talk about the job.

"So you are handy with tools. That's very good, because I tend to be clumsy, though I hate to admit it. Another thing, will you be able to take care of the other animals around here? What I mean is, not only horses, but cats, dogs, ferrets, and even....um wolves? I think I heard someone say they had a wolf with em! Not that I think she'll ask you to take care of her wolf, but you never know. I....well I just don't know about this. People travelin' with wolves now!" Rupert starts muttering to himself again, wandering away from Halbarad. "Eeva! Can you talk to Mr. Halbarad here about his duties as handyman and stableman...I have kitchen work to attend to!" Passing the new pub employee on to Eeva, Rupert grabs a brew and heads back to the kitchen, giving a friendly nod to the customers as he passes them by.

[Edited on 22/1/2004 by CarolP]
Elfstones_Sorrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 09:27
I read his profile and it says he wants to find his heroism, maybe this is just for him, besides having one such as he would be quite interesting.

.......................................................................................

Raven nodded, Very well, My name is Raven Goldwing and I am a ranger of the north. Though our services no longer be needed to such an extent I have been sent on a quest by my father, Horrim. She sat down, the strange hooded man seemed interesting, it seemed as though he were ready for adventure.
I have been sent to find a relic, it was made by the dwarves of Erebor- The Kingdom under the Mountain- long ago. My father has searched many years for it and has only just recently discovered it's location, but he is too old to look for it himself. She sighed and remembered the look on her father's face as he explained everything to her.
I cannot yet tell you what the relic is for I do not know myself but I have this amulet that will glow red when we are near. She held up the amulet, it was made of silver, a snake with ruby eyes.
He found that the relic is in Nimrais, She stood, an impish smile coming onto her face. Soon we leave for adventure!

[Edited on 22/1/2004 by Elfstones_Sorrow]
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 05:15
"Let us leave whenever you are ready."

[Edited on 22/1/2004 by maeghin]
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 10:52
Vana heard talk of an adventure, and her heart raced. The sensible part of her was shouting that she needed rest, but the part of her that sent her on mad quests was clamoring for attention. At last, she gave up and walked to where the two were speaking of adventures. To her amusement, one of the people was the hooded male that had said she reminded him of someone he knew long ago.

"Hello," she greeted quietly. "I could not help but overhear you speaking of adventures, and I wondered if I may be of assistance." She bowed slightly to the woman.

((There...the two seperate events become one. Whew...that was tricky))
Elfstones_Sorrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 03:30
Raven nodded, Then I pose the same questions to you,Are you willing to risk your life on this adventure, will you defend all other party members to the best of your ability-even if it means death,can you travel unflinchingly into the wilds with only insticts to guide you, and lastly, can you travel without fear of a wolf?
she grinned, Or his master for that matter, if you can answer yes to these questions you are quite welcome to join us.

........................................................................................
Once your character has answered I will put up a new thread, The Lost Relic of the Rangers.
faron
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 03:54
faron was thrown off by his ecperience with eeva, and lost his tast for the social seen, he spent most of the next few days days in an out of the way corner, and left early on the third day.
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 07:07
((grrr, darn school work. End of the semester, which means finals, and projects. thankfully its over now, and hopefully at the beginning of classes we won't get oo much work. And Carol, your sign just now showed up for me, nice, I like it, lol.))

Eeva sat with Halbarad, speaking of what he would have to do. "Basic things such as repairing broken things, in the pub, and in the stables. The animals would need tending too, although some people prefer to do that on their own. I've tended for a wolf once. Was actually very friendly." She paused, thinking. "I'm sure you would have a lot of fun. And I'll help you with anything you need help with."

She smiled. "Rupert is very friendly also." Laughing, she added, "I'm always showing up late, yet he hasn't fired me yet." She thought about what she said, and quickly added, "Not that I recommend being late every day or anything." She placed her chin on her hand and rested it on the bar.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 07:12
Vana pondered these questions momentarily. Her common sense was screaming at her, but she simply couldn't pass up an adventure. "Yes, I believe I can." she replied. "Wolves I do not have a problem with, so long as they are not accompanied by orcs. I am well familar with the wild and traveling with naught but my instincts...and dying for a companion comes with being in a group." She bowed again. "I and my various weapons are at your service, ma'am."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 23, 2004 04:23
Coming out of the kitchen, Rupert overhears the three customers planning their quest. "I suppose they'll be needing some provisions and such for their travels," he thinks to himself, getting as close to the group as possible to try to listen to their conversation. Wondering why anyone would want to leave comfort and warmth behind to gallavant around the countryside, he quietly listen's to Raven's story.

[Edited on 23/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2004 06:46
Eeva walked up to Rupert, a grin on her face. "A wise old hobbit once told me it's not wise to eavesdrop." She laughed as he turned around, startled. "Don't you think you should listen to your own advice? I can always ask them what they need."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 11:40
"My dear, you are right as usual," Rupert said sheepishly as Eeva snuck up on him. "Just one of the many reasons I keep you around. Yes, we'll wait until they're done planning, then we can see what they need."

It did sound a little bit exciting, all of this planning for quests and heroics. Just a mite exciting, not enough for Rupert to ever leave his cozy pub.

"I hope they come back with wonderful stories to tell by the fire," he thought to himself. Listening to a good story was one of his favorite things. Remembering that he had a customer over by the fire, he went over to check on her. Perhaps she would need a room for the evening. The evening was drawing near, the light in the room was starting to dim.

"Halbarad, would you please light the lamps? I'll be off to prepare our nightly special. Eeva, are the guest rooms ready for the night? I expect some of our guests will be planning long into the night, but the others may need to rest."

Wishing that he could rest as well, Rupert dragged his tired feet into the kitchen.

ooc: I won't be posting for a couple of days, we are going out of town.

[Edited on 25/1/2004 by CarolP]
Elfstones_Sorrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 11:46
Raven smiled, I will get provisions and we will be off, I suggest you get everything together now. She walked outside and whistled long and low, in a short time, slinking around the side of the pub came Lupin. He did not like people, and there was a strange smell that made him afraid, but as his master called, he came.
We leave Lupin, she whispered,Now is the time.
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 05:17
Halbarad listened to every word that Eeva said, " I will like to take care of all the animals, when I was a child I worked for my father, feeding the horses and the chickens."

He starts to light the lamps, happy with his new job.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 01:29
Finishing the dinner, Rupert carries some platters into the common room and sets them on a long table. Satisfied that Halbarad will be a good employee, he sets him to work helping Eeva serve food to the customers who would like to eat.
"Now is the best part, Halbarad my friend. The board part of the free room and board! Help yourself to all you can eat, but be prepared to help clean up when you are finished. Though you are handyman, you are still expected to help wherever it is needed." Leaving Halbarad to his dinner, Rupert fixes himself an extra large ale and plate of food. The travelers got ready to leave, loading up on provisions, paying Eeva as she helped them to gather what they needed.
"I never did find out what they were up to!" Rupert sighed.
Miss_Primrose_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 10:40
A young female hobbit named Primrose Took walks in. She looks rather confused. "I don't understand it! Merry and Pippin said that there were loads of hobbits in Bree! They tricked me!" Primrose said with a sigh. She sat down at the bar pouting. :cry:
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 05:01
Eeva walked over to the distraught looking hobbit. "Is something wrong?" She took a seat next to her. "I heard you mention Merry and Pippin. Tell me, what have they done this time? Seems they're always doing something wrong." She smiled warmly.

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 04, 2004 01:42
Finishing his plate of food, Rupert gets up with a satisfied grunt. Taking his plate into the kitchen, he drops it into the soapy dishwater. "I'll do the washing up later. Time for another ale, and maybe a nice rest by the fire," he said to himself as he went back into the common room. Eeva was sitting down talking to a new guest, a hobbit! Happily Rupert grabbed a pint and joined Eeva and the guest at the bar. "Welcome! Rupert Bracegirdle here, sorry I didn't come over sooner, I was in the kitchen and..." Seeing the sad look on the hobbit's face, he stopped talking and plopped down at the bar to listen to her tale.

striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 05:12
Marbisk walked into the pub. He walked passed a few peple to get to the bar and noticed the stares he was recieving, the stares of fright and disgust. He thought to himself, "I knew this was a bad idea. Oh well, what can I expect? If I saw someone like me walk into a bar I'd probably do the same. I guess I'm doomed with these reactions for the rest of my life."

Marbisk was an orc. He had "worked" for Sauron. He hated it though. He always wondered why he killed things and did evil doings for an evil eye. He wanted to get out of it. He didn't want to be evil. So, when everyone was preparing for the final assualt, he snuck away. He wandered through the lands. When he'd heard of his "master's" destruction, he became happy. He thought that he could finally get the life he had always wanted. So he came upon the village of Bree and had walked into the pub, ready to start fresh.

He made his way to the bar and saw an old hobbit talking to a woman and a young girl hobbit. He saw that the young hobbit's face was sad. He tried to smile at her but then remembered sadly that he would probably do more bad then good. He sat a little bit away from them and waited for a bar keeper.

[Edited on 8/2/2004 by striders_star]
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2004 06:25
Halbarad, finishing his dinner, hears the door close with a slight screech " beter get that fixed," pulls some oil out of a cupboard and dabs some oil on the door hinges, and puts it away. "I should go to bed," walking slowly he walks up stairs and goes to bed.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email