Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: February 19, 2004 02:24
When the dwarf stared suddenly over her shoulder, Cwen turned to see what had caught his attention. But, like Dorik, she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. Yet, the longer she watched the gloom which seemed suddenly to inhabit the edges of the room, the small hairs on the back of her neck started to rise.
"Dorik's right. There's something...something..." she broke off, at a loss to explain the source of the chills which were now starting to crawl their way up her spine.
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Newbie Pub (free to join, especially for those who are new to roleplaying)
on: February 19, 2004 02:33
He begins to wonder "Did they see me do they know?"
He drifts back into the shadow of the pub and wonders.
"Should I go through with it?" He knew what he had to do but he didn't know if he wanted to do it "But I have to it's what I was sent here to do!"he said He lifts up his head and see's her "Oh my gosh it's you!"he said.

[Edited on 20/2/2004 by Beleg_Strongbow]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2004 07:53
Eeva began to serve everyone with a free drink when a chill came over her. Images flashed across her mind of an evil being. It was in the pub. She looked around, seeing nothing, but feeling it. Her head began to throb again.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 04:18
After everyone was served, Rupert looked around the pub. Nothing seemed outwardly wrong, but something just felt wrong. "Perhaps it is that orc," he said to himself.

Going into the kitchen, he filled the sink with hot soapy water and started washing the dishes. "Maybe if I sing something, that'll cheer 'em up!" He started to sing a cheerful hobbit tune, practicing for later.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 04:57
Until the very moment when Cwen heard the voice coming from the shadows: "It's you!", she had been able to pretend to herself she didn't recognize the source of the chill which invaded her body. But once the words had been uttered, the silence that followed in the pub seemed to roar in her ears. Feeling as if she were going to faint, she slowly got to her feet and moved tentatively towards the shadows which seemed to swallow the edges of the room so that it was difficult to tell where the floor ended and the wall began.

For a moment, she stood at the edge of the line where the dim lighting of the pub changed into a murky darkness. The room hadn't looked like this earlier, Cwen thought. There was only one person who could be willing the dark areas into being. With her heart thudding wildly in her chest, she moved forward, using her hands to feel the space before her, like a blind person, as she stepped reluctantly into a suddenly fog like gloom. She opened her eyes as wide as possible, trying to make out something, anything. And that was when she saw them: the eyes. How could she have forgotten how intense their gaze could be? She froze, as if paralyzed by the intensity of the stare.
"It is you!" she gasped. "I knew it!"
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 07:03
He couldn't belive it, he didn't understand.
"Why are you here, what are you doing?"
As thoughts raced through his head, He couldn't understand
It wasn't making sense."WHY are you here?"
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 10:13
Marbisk noticed that the pub had become quiet and darker than before. He felt more scared. It was like he was about to be discovered. It was the same feeling he had had when he was traveling. Like someone evil who know he had escaped was following him. "It's probably just your imagination. It's the darkness and the quietness that's making you feel this way. It's nothing. Everything's fine." He told himself.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 12:47
The eyes finally blinked, releasing Cwen from the spell which had been holding her frozen in the inky darkness at the edges of the room. She backpedaled so fast, she came flying out into the middle of the inn, where she collapsed onto the floor, still staring at the gloom.
“Xander” she gasped. What in the world was he doing here? The last she had heard, he had disappeared into a fissure leading deep into the misty mountains, accompanied by a horde of orc.
“Xander?” someone said. “Who’s that?”
“Xander was an elf,” Cwen responded, slowly picking herself off the ground, still staring at the darkness which now seemed to be slowly receding. “Well, I mean, he still is an elf,” she amended, “but...”
“But what?” Cwen didn’t bother to turn around to see who was asking the question. Everyone in the inn was watching her, clearly wondering the same thing.
“He was…is an elf of royal lineage, from a very powerful line,” she began, wondering how much to tell them. “But, at some point, he became interested in the dark arts and, seduced by their power, he turned.” She glanced around, trying to compose her thoughts. Was it her imagination, or was the blackness slowly fading to grey?
“The reason I know all this, is because he and a band of orc descended on our village a few years back. They forced all of us into slavery, so that we could build a kingdom for the great ‘Lord Xander’. They were so many of them, and Xander was so powerful, taken by surprise, we had no chance to fight back. Yet, there were some who resisted, my father among them. And for that, Xander had him killed. I will never forget his eyes as he watched my father’s death.” Cwen shook a little, blinking away tears as she relived the terrible memory. “You cannot imagine what it was like: No place was safe, nowhere secure, because the dark one had the power to conceal himself in a shadow…” Cwen gestured at the pool of darkness across the room, which she saw now was definitely turning a lighter shade of grey as she spoke.
“The last time I saw him, was in full retreat,” she continued with some pride. “Using a powerful talisman which has belonged to my family for generations, we were finally able to undermine his abilities and overthrow his cruel reign. On the run, he, and his minions disappeared into a deep fissure which leads to the tunnels of the misty mountains. I thought I would never lay eyes on him again. But now, now he’s here in Bree…”

(ooc: I’m still really new at this, so if this all doesn’t make sense, please let me know! LordofLothlorien wasn’t sure where to go with it, so he agreed to let me make up a backstory (thanks L!). But I’m starting to feel like I’m hogging the whole thread and I’m just learning here, so please, please everyone jump in! Striders_Star, your character Marbirsk is awesome. Maybe he knew Xander back in the old days? Just a thought. Thanks for letting me ramble everyone, and please feel free to change anything you don’t like or that doesn’t make sense!)
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2004 01:18
His eyes flamed He couldn't belive it.
"What were the odds How could she find me?"
As he seemed to drift back into the shadow he wondered.
"Did she even try,or was she as suprised as I was?"
He didn't have time to think, but he knew that he had to get out of that pub and fast !

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 05:42
Rupert finishes up in the kitchen and goes back out into his pub. He is stopped short by the sudden darkness that has spread over the common room. Grumbling, he looks around to try and find Halbarad. "Halbarad, we need to light some extra candles! What has happened in here?" A little frightened, he bumps his way around, trying to make sure his customers are taken care of.

Suddenly, the girl is out in the center of the room, telling her story.

Rupert sat down and listened, wondering what he should do, if anything, about the evil in his pub. Looking sideways, he saw Marbisk, looking very upset.

"What can I do about this? What can I do?" he thought to himself. He wondered if it was safe to approach this Xander.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 09:24
An elf that runs with orcs! This is indeed bad news. How are we to defeat someone with such power.
Visit my Etsy Shop: The Tower of Or and Sable
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 09:32
While listening to them talk he muttered grimly
"You can't." Thoughts raced through his head
He had to get out.That's all he could think about
How can he get out?"What can I do?"he said. But then....
A band of hidious orc's
(to whom he owed money to)
barged in and Growled...
"Where is he? Where is that sucm?"

[Edited on 22/2/2004 by LordofLothlorien]
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 05:32
{ooc: Thanks GwennethSindalúnë! I'm new at this too. All the stuff u wrote and ur character are really cool! (and so is everyone elses!) ok..}

"Everything's fine! Everything's fine!" Marbisk kept telling himself. "Xander!" he heard the girl who was attacked say. "Xander!" He thought to himself. "Oh no. I wasn't imagining things." He put his head in one of his hands, hiding his face from the gloom and trying to bring some comfort to himself. "He doesn't see you. He doesn't even know who you are. Its fine!"
Years ago Xander had been gathering orcs to join him. All the orcs began to hear things about him. They had spread his story around all the camps, about his evil powers and what he wanted the orcs for. Marbisk's orc band leader had joined with Xander, forcing the whole band to do this. Well, it wasn't really forcing since all of them agreed, but it was forcing to Marbisk. He went with Xander, but was never really noticed by him, since he wasn't the most important orc to the elf. "Thankfully." Marbisk thought to himself as he remembered the story. When he was to participate in an attack on a village Xander wanted, he saw the poor villagers. He heard their screams. He couldn't do it. He ran. Realizing he couldn't just wander while the evil was still around, he found another band of orcs, a huge one, and slipped in unnoticed. "It's a good thing I'm never noticed." Marbisk smiled as he thought this, trying to make himself find humor so he wouldn't be so afraid.
He ws busy in memory when the door to the pub burst open.
It was orcs, orcs that had been with Xander. The elf might not remember Marbisk, but if the orcs were from his band they would.
"Oh no! What are they here for? What do I do? What do I do? Will I be able to go upstairs without them seeing me? Is it worth the risk? That kind woman wouldn't let them get me, right?" He decided to make a break for the stairs. He could still listen to what was going on, but do it from a safe, hidden distance. "I hope they don't see me!" He thought, as he got up quietly.

{hope that's all fine and makes sense}
LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 05:48
"Marbisk you fool thinking I wouldn't see you!"he said while watching him as he made a brake for the stairs
"Well you were loyal to me."he said thinking"Oh fine"he said and then,he covered Marbisk's path in shadow leading him to safty up-stairs "But then he left me in an hour of need"he said full of anger"Yes run up-stairs into your false sense of security,and then you'll see what anger is!"He muttered as he followed Marbisk up-stairs"Then you'll see what anger is."

(ooc:If anyone has any idea where to go with this feel free to PM me!)

[Edited on 23/2/2004 by LordofLothlorien]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2004 06:30
Eeva saw Marbisk heading for the stairs. As he walked, he noticed that he disappeared within shadow. Curious, she followed him. "Marbisk?" A chill came over her as she neared him. She could have sworn she heard someone speaking, but brushed it away. "Marbisk?" he had come into view again. "Are you alright? Why did you come up here?"
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 05:40
When the door burst open Dorik jumped up on the table and held his axe ready to strike. "What do you want!!! If your looking for trouble you came to the right place!!! Rupert, hide Cwen!" he yelled in his dwarvish "shoot first and ask questions later" style.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 09:45
"Hide?... Hide? What does he expect me to do: crawl under a table and cower or something?" Cwen muttered to herself as she swung around, searching for something to use as a weapon. She was somewhat offended by the dwarf's assumption that she would be useless in a battle. After all, she had been traveling alone for several years now and was quite capable of taking care of herself, thank you very much. She might look like a lost waif, but anyone who had tangled with her sword knew better than to cross her!

Oh, if only she had her sword here with her! Why had she been so stupid as to leave her best defense back at camp? "I should know better!" Cwen muttered savagely as she flung herself over the top of the bar, landing on all fours on the other side of the large maple fixture. Surely that hobbit kept some kind of weapon hidden back here. Most Innkeepers did! You never knew who was going to come waltzing in the door...like a band of angry orc!

Scrabbling madly, in her frenzied search, she finally hit gold: her hand closed upon the hilt of a long and dangerous looking sword. She drew it quickly from the scabbard and gasped: it was inscribed with intricate elvish writing! What in the world was the hobbit doing with such a weapon, she wondered? But Cwen didn't have time to translate the inscription or muse any further on the origins of the blade...already, she could smell the familiar unpleasant odor of a horde of sweaty orc, now invading the small inn. She braced herself for action.

Just let one of them poke their ugly heads over the counter, and she would be the last thing they would ever see, she thought grimly, as she hefted the blade.

(ooc: Thanks, Striders_Star! CarolP, hope you don't mind the direction this seems to have taken, with a band of orc crashing your tidy inn! Sorry! )
striders_star
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 04:13
Marbisk quietly climbed the stairs. He became covered in gloom. "Oh no. He saw me! What's he doing? Why is he covering me?." Marbisk thought. This had to be a trick. Why would someone he betrayed, someone evil, lead him to safety? He heard his name called by a familiar voice. Fearing it was a trick of Xander's, he kept climbing and picked up his pace. Eeva, the kind woman, approached him and called his name again. He stopped and looked at her. She asked him if he was alright and why he had come up there. As quietly as he could he replied, "I have to get away from those orcs and, and, that elf," not wanting to say his name. "They know me, and I don't know what they'll do to me if they find me." He began to back up, climbing further, for he felt he wasn't safe enough to stop where he was. He saw a pair of eyes a ways behind Eeva. "Oh no!" He turned and ran further, hoping she would understand that she needed to run too.

[Edited on 2/24/2004 by striders_star]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 06:12
((hey guys, CarolP and Halbarad won't be posting for awhile their comp is broken. She wants me to take over for awhile, and gave me permission to play her char. I don't think she minds on how this is going, its getting really exciting.))

Rupert decided against approaching Xander after seeing the look on Cwen's face. He was going to bring Cwen into the kitchen when she found the sword. "I'm going to, to be in the kitchen." He hurried off to the kitchen, shutting the door behind him.
---

Eeva turned, seeing the eyes. She ran up the stairs after Marbisk. She pushed him into a room, shutting and locking the door. It was her room. Running to near her bed, she knelt and pulled a rolled up blanket out from underneath. She unrolled it to reveal two daggers, and many silver stilettoes.

She put on a long sleeved black tunic over her tank top, then wrapping strips of black fabric around her wrists. She began slipping the stilettoes into the fabric, concealing them beneath her sleeves. She then grabbed the daggers, putting on a black leather belt with a dragon etched into it which bore their sheathes. She sheathed them both and turned to Marbisk. "You're welcome to stay in my room. But I can't let those orcs think they are taking over." She headed towards the door, Marbisk beginning to speak. "Believe me, I can fend for myself well enough." She grinned as she shut the door behind her.

Walking back down the stairs, she saw an orc headed her way, looking angry. He had obviously seen Marbisk. She placed her hands on her daggers, pulling them out quickly, startling the orc. He spoke to her in his growling voice. "Get out of the way girl, I wouldn't want to hurt you." Eeva pretended to look scared and raised her arms in surrender. "Ok, okay, just please don't hurt me."

The orc proceded past her, Eeva putting away her daggers. As soon as his back was turned on her, she flicked her wrist, throwing a stiletto into her hand. She muttered, "Sorry for the mess Rupert," then threw it, hitting the orc in the neck. She watched with satisfactory as he fell to the ground, dead quickly, she then ran down the stairs to see how the others were holding up. As she went down, she could have sworn she had seen a shadow sneaking back up.
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2004 06:28
When the orcs advanced, Dorik started cleaving heads left and right. "Stand clear if you like having your head within a foot of your sholders."
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2004 10:55
Cwen grinned as she heard Dorik's battle cry. She had always heard that the diminutive people were fierce warriors. But I didn't know that they had a sense of humor in battle as well, she thought.

Just then, the deformed face of an orc appeared just above her, glaring down at her as the lothesome creature caught sight of her. But the small squashy eyes barely had time to register surprise before Cwen started to swing.
"Huh, not bad, this elvish stuff!" she said in surprise as the blade made a clean cut, felling the orc immediately. She was surprised by the sharpness and strength of the deceivingly lightweight blade.

Now that she had revealed her presence behind the bar, several of the orc who were standing just out of reach of Dorik's dangerous looking axe, started to move towards her. Cwen smiled sweetly, knowing she looked like a mere child to most people, and hefted the blade once more. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Dorik moving closer to the bar, and Eeva creeping silently down the stairs, a dangerous looking dagger in her left hand.

Excellent! she thought. There were only a handful of orc left in the main room of the inn. Between the three of them, it should be short work!

[Edited on 25/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 04:43
Halbarad ran upstairs to get his sword. "Where is Rupert?" he said, returning to the main room. An orc jumped in front of him just as he got to the bottom of the stairs. Not wanting to waste much energy on the pitiful orc, he kicks him over, stabbing with his sword as the orc falls.
"I must get to Rupert!" Halbarad says as he battles his way through the orcs.
Making it to the kitchen, he starts looking around for where Rupert is hiding.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 04:55
Feeling like a coward, Rupert hides in the pantry, listening to the sounds of the battle.
"Why can't I just get out there and fight? It's my pub after all!" he thinks to himself. He tries to go, but he just can't do it.

He hears the door of the kitchen open. What if it is one of those orcs! Now there is no choice, he must defend himself. Picking up a nearby shovel, he slowly opens the pantry door. A shadow is cast from the nearby candle, making the intruder look larger than life. Raising the shovel, Rupert brings it down as hard as he can on the head of the intruder. It makes a loud clanging noise. The now unconscious intruder falls to the floor with a thump.

The very scared hobbit runs back into the pantry and locks the door, afraid to look at the body on the floor.

ooc: we're back, and no, Halbarad isn't dead.

Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 05:17
Eeva killed another orc. hearing a loud noise from the kitchen, she ran in as fast as she could, flipping a stiletto into her hand, her dagger in her other. She raised her weapons, seeing Halbarad on the floor. She knelt next to him, seeing a trickle of blood on his head. She ripped a piece of fabric off her sleeve and put pressure on the small cut. Looking around, she saw the shovel on the floor. "Rupert?" She called out to him, her voice kind, and filled with worry.

She left halbarad's side for a moment and went to investigate. Knocking on the pantry door, she spoke again. "Rupert? Are you alright? It wasn't an orc you hit...it was halbarad. I'm going to need something to bandage his wound with. Will you please come out and help put pressure on it?" She waited. "The orcs are not coming in here. they can handle them out there."
Thalianost
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2004 05:37
Dorik felled the last of the orcs. "Well that's all of them. But were is our orc friend Marbisk?"

[Edited on 27/2/2004 by Thalianost]
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 01:55
Panting slightly, her cheeks flushed from the exertion, Cwen slowly lowered her blade, gazing around at the devastation around her. Chairs and tables overturned, fragments of serving dishes smashed beyond repair, and everywhere, the stench of black orc blood as it seeped from the now lifeless bodies. Grimacing a little, Cwen wiped the black substance from the sword, admiring the intricate Elvish inscription which adorned the blade. I really must ask Rupert where he got this, she thought.

Across the room, Dorik had efficiently dispatched the last of the orc with a practiced swing of his axe. "Where is Marbisk?" he asked. Cwen glanced around, wondering the same thing. Last time she had seen the orc, he had been fleeing upstairs, terror written all over his face. Perhaps she had been wrong about him, she mused. After all, if he was in cahoots with the band of orc and Xander, why would he have run from them? For the first time in her life, she found herself hoping that an orc had survived.

"I think he ran upstairs," she replied. "But where are Halbarad, Rupert and Eeva? "Surely they can't all be in the kitchen! I didn't even see any orc heading in there. We'd better find them before heading to the second floor because I'm pretty sure Xander went that way."
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 04:00
Hearing Eeva's knock on the pantry door, Rupert slowly opens the door and comes out. "Halbarad? I hit Halbarad?" Feeling foolish and cowardly, he doesn't say another word, but follows Eeva's instructions and gets a cloth, holding it on Halbarad's wound.
Kneeling next to Halbarad, he remembers other brave rangers that have visited his pub.
"I hope I haven't hurt him too badly," he thinks to himself, blinking back the tears that are welling up in his eyes.

LordofLothlorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 06:49
Xander Followed Marbisk up-stairs,he had one thing on his mind.....Revenge and he was going to get it
one way or another.
But than a figure appeared in the door,
it seemed to be looking for Marbisk
"I'll get Marbisk at any price!"Xander said
as looking at the stranger"Any price."

[Edited on 28/2/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
Flash
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 06:22
Eeva hurried and got some bandages. She wrapped up his wound quickly. Seeing the worried look on Rupert's face, she put her hand on his shoulder. "He's going to be alright. Now I have to go check on Marbisk. I'll be back, don't worry."

Eeva ran up the stairs quickly, she reached her door and knocked. "Marbisk, it's me Eeva." She began to open the door, a chill running up her spine. She held both her daggers in her hand and spun around, meeting what was behind her.

[Edited on 29/2/2004 by eldir]
moria_orc2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 12:07
Halbarad moans horribly as he tries to regain consciousness,:dizzy: but falls back into a deep and dark dream.
GwennethSindalúnë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 01:29
Cwen made her way cautiously into the kitchen, using her foot to swing the door open ahead of her. She gaped in suprise at the scene before her: Halbarad was lying on the kitchen floor with blood draining from a nasty head wound, while Eeva bent over him, attempting to bandage the worst of the cut. As far as she could tell, Halbarad appeared to be unconscious but still alive, moaning slightly as Eeva gingerly handled his head. Nearby, Rupert was hopping from one foot to the other, and wringing his hands, looking anxious. One look at the red faced hobbit and the nearby shovel told Cwen all she needed to know about the source of Halbarad's wound.

Who knew the little hobbit would be able to incapacitate a full grown man with just a garden tool? Cwen's respect for Rupert grew. Eeva finished her work quickly, and after a reassuring pat to Rupert's shoulder, she ran past Cwen, heading up the stairs to the second floor, without a word. Clearly, whatever was going on upstairs, it was urgent, Cwen thought, and hurried to follow the young woman, beckoning Dorik behind her. Together, they crept up each step slowly, listening for anyone who might be heading downstairs. Unfamiliar as they were with the winding staircase, Cwen didn't feel comfortable racing up them two at a time the way Eeva just had.

They had barely reached the halfway point, when a sudden familiar chill invaded Cwen's spine, making her hair feel like it was about to stand on end. Xander had to be somewhere nearby she thought, gripping the hilt of her sword even tighter. A glance at Dorik's pale face and wide eyes confirmed that he had felt it too. Together, they crept silently up the last of the stairs, bracing themselves for whatever they would find when they reached the landing.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: February 29, 2004 01:39
Feeling stupid and ashamed over what he did to Halbarad, Rupert decides to go out into the pub and see what damage has been done. Walking out into the common room, he gasps at the mess that his once homey pub had become.
"I knocked out the best help I had for cleaning this mess. Oh, what kind of hobbit am I? he said to no one in particular.
Grabbing a towel, he starts cleaning up the broken glass on the bar, wiping it into a bucket.
"This is going to take forever!" he moaned.
Glancing up the stairs, he wondered how things were going upstairs. A chill ran down his spine as he thought about the evil that had invaded his pub. The urge to run back into the kitchen overcame him, but he forced himself to stay put.
"This is my place, I will clean it up, evil or no!"

[Edited on 1/3/2004 by eldir]
Frodoisbest22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 11:28
Lavender pushed through the door to the usually homey pub. Her jaw dropped and disbeleif and anxiety became quite evident on her beautiful face when she saw what had become of the place. Shattered glass scattered across the floor, tables over turned... the place was a mess. The inn keeper stood wide eyed at the bar, cleaning up the shavings of glass. "Rupert?" she questioned in a shaking voice. "You need help?" not waiting for him to reply, the hobbit lass tied her curly brown locks back with a ribbon that was in her apron pocket. She began to aid in cleaning up. She opened her mouth to ask what had happened.. but then decided quickly against it, seeing the other hobbits grim expression. Suddenly, she heard sounds issue from the kitchen. She rose and paded toward it. Lavender turned to look at Rupert, who had been following her with his eyes. The young lass cleared her throat. "My I enter?" she asked Rupert quietly motioning to the kitchen.
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 01, 2004 02:45
"Yes, I...I...thank you for the help, you can go into the kitchen if you must." Shaking his head, Rupert looks down at the floor. "There is a casualty of the battle in there, my stableman. I'm afraid to admit it, but he is hurt because of my cowardice." looking glum, Rupert follows Lavender into the kitchen.

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by Gilraen]
Frodoisbest22
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2004 11:07
Lavender beheld the injured Halbarad before her. "o..." she uttered and turned to look at Rupert. "you did this?" She questioned. "thinking he was an orc? O Rupert, I would not say you were a coward... you were only protecting yourself, and did a fine job of it I see!" She laughed slightly but the smile on her full lips faded as she saw the blank expression on the keepers face. She neeled next to the unconcious stableman and took his bleeding head in her lap. "hhmmmm..' she muttered nearly to herself. She glanced up and met Rupert's gaze. "Im quite sure he will be alright..." said the lass. "My mother is a healer... and quite a fine one indeed. She has taught me some of the practice, and from what I can tell, the wound is not to deep, however id say he needs rest for quite as while, even once he is concious again. Here" said the lass, holding out a hand of dried herbs she had removed from the leather pouch tied around her waist. "Rupert, when he awakes, give him these herbs boiled in hot water. IT wont taste well, but it will ease the pain and help the wound heal faster." Rupert took the herbs from her. "You should however, also bathe the wound with the same mixture, while he is still asleep...for it does sting quite a bit. I leave that task to your caring hands Rupert." She said with a gentle smile. Suddenly, Lavender noticed a creaking on the floor above them.... the sound of feet on the staircase. "What...or who is up there?" she inquierd not aware that anyone besides Rupert, herself, and the injured stableman were at the pub. The tiny adventurous part of her heart wanted to climb the stairs and see what the noise was.... and maybe she would do just that. She strained to here more noises, and looked at Rupert with raised eyebrows. "Maybe we should go up there." she said motioning toward the stairway, and not giving Rupert chance to answere her first question. "What do you say?"

[Edited on 2/3/2004 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email