Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
lanfear
Craziness' Guidance Counsellor
Send Message
Post RE: What made your hair stand up on end in ROTK?
on: February 03, 2005 09:47

4) Arwen seeing her son. The Twilight and Shadow music gets me every time. So sad and sweet. "There is nothing for you here. Only death."

2) Pippin's song. One of the most poignant movie moments. The intercutting of the scenes were a masterpiece.

1) The Rohirrim at the Pelennor. So hauntingly beautiful, almost unearthly...sends shivers down my spine... more so than any other part of the movies.

Yup those 3 would definitely be mine -all of my neck and arm hair attempts to stand on end every single time.
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 09:47
These are the ones I can think of (in no particular order):

1) The Rohirrim charging on Pelennor Fields crying, "DEATH!" repeatidly. So very moving.

2) The cry of the Nazgul and the cry of Sauron's eye when it starts to burn (thou isn't it weird? The eye of fire was set on fire...) I heard they actually used a horse's scream for part of that sound. God that's painful if you've ever heard it.

3) When Sam carried Frodo up Mt Doom.

4) Eowyn saving her uncle.

5) When Sam and Rosie kiss at their wedding day. Awww, ^^;

GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 11:09
The whole scene outside Minas Morgul in RotK, especially the huge "vwooooom" thing

~ Grima
Morwen_the_dark_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 11:02
i have to say the part at minas Morgal. That part was freaky and defenitly made my hair stand on end. Nazguls are to d***
loud.:eek

"monkeys will take over the world. if it's not monkeys then it will be silverware." ~my best friend kaille:twitch:
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 12:12
I agree - but sadly, you don't get the same effect on the TV as in the cinema Still my favourite part though!

~ Grima
Belthronding
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2005 09:23
It scared the heck out of me when the Nazgul's bird thing starts screaming. I was in the theater and the volume was really high.
nolofinwe
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2005 09:17
there are just to many to mentione but this is my top-5

5-"for frodo"

4-"you bow to no one"

3- the beacons what a great music

2-DEEEAAAAATH

1-that great speech of aragorn before the black gate
Shadow_fax
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 03:03
Well apart from the whole Film here are some of mine:

The lighting of the beacons.....breathtaking and the music to go with it was outstanding.

When Gandalf and Pippin ride out of Minas Tirith and Gandalf lights his staff. Again I loved the music here.

The more I watch the more I am in awe of the acting between John Noble and David Wenham in their scenes together. Very intense delivery imo and superbly acted.

The Rohirrim battle cry.....Bernard Hill at his best here I think.

Arwen seeing the vision of her son. It had a lovely feel to it with the scenery and the singing of Twilight and Shadow.

Then I was on the edge of my seat and sniffling from Sam saying, "do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo?" rightl the way through to the end credits. I didn't stop. And again the Music here, especially James Galway's flute.....that stays embedded in my memory, stunning!
Unebriwen_Lómónduil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 02:36
Here's my top ten.

1) Gollum biting into the raw fish (sooooo gross. Not something to watch while eating!)

2) The spider.

3) The lighting of the Beacons (and with that amazing music too!).

4) The spider.

5) That fab aerial shot over Minas Tirith as the Nazgul arrive. (In fact any aerial shot of Minas Tirith)

6) The spider.

7) Gwaihir and co arriving and giving the Nazgul a whumping. (okay there were twinges of Deus Ex Machina in it, but it still looked cool - particularly when the moth flies across Gandalf's vision).

The spider.

9) The fall of Barad-dur

10) The spider.

Runner up - anything involving Minas Morgul which looked dead evil with all that green lighting. And the spider. brrrrrrrrrr
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2005 11:43
I don't think anyone said this yet. I still get goosebumpy just THINKING about it.

Théoden: "Arise! Arise! Riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword-day! A red day, ere the sun rises!"
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 07:32
There are so many! I guess the most memorable would be

1)"For Frodo."
2)"I can't carry it for you... But I can carry you!" (love that one, especially with the addition of the "Into the West" theme crescendo-ing[is that a word?] alongside it)
3)"Don't you let go... Reach!"
4)The Beacons, amazing. absolutely stunning work.
5)The Rohirrim arrive at Pellenor Fields. The whole thing really (especially when Theoden charges down thte line then shouts "Death!")
6)When Mordor is collapsing and then the volcano erupts. Watchin the fellowship's reaction as they realize that Frodo and Sam aren't going to survive. Especially Merry's face. Always gets me.
7)The beginning of "Into the West".
My all-time favorite is when Pippin sings. Watchin Faramir ride out, with no voices other than Billy's and only the sound of the horses and weaponry. Love it.
9)Also right at the beginning. Just being in the theatre, I was shaking I was so exited.

[Edited on 18/3/2005 by Bealocwealm]
fbc
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 04:17
The whole ending of ROTK
Morna_Child_of_Eru
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 06:53
When Gollum bites of Frodo's finger. That image is going to stay with me a long time, and not just cause I keep watching the movies over and over and over.

ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 05:27
The whole Shelob's Lair sequence. No matter HOW many times I see it, I still end up shaking in my seat. Hair on the back of my neck stand up...

And the lighting of the beacons. not because it is scary, of course, but becasue it's just awesome, with the music in the background and everthing... I Love that part of the movie. Sends shivers up my spine.
Ovëlyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2005 08:03
The first scene that comes to mind that made my hair stand up on end was the scene with the Mouth of Sauron. *shivers thinking about it*

I was so happy that they decided to include this scene AND that they did a fantastic job with it! Every time I think of (and watch) Aragorn, Gandalf, Legolas, and Éomer talking to the Mouth of Sauron I get goosebumps all over my arms. (:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email