Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First678910
Author Topic:
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Sara Maitland's 'Gossip From The Forest'. The tangled roots of our forests and fairy tales.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
'The Ocean At The End Of The Lane' by Neil Gaiman. He's getting the hang of this writing lark.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
Am I breaking rules if I recommend my book "The Rise of Aredor"? I'll go hide in a corner if it's not allowed.
Other than that- The books by Marissa Meyer- Cinder, Scarlet, Cress (i haven't read Cress yet, but I can't wait!!)
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Storybound by Marissa Burt was an amazing book! I really want to read the sequel, Story's End.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Ranger's Apprentice series and Brotherband Chronicles series by John Flanagan. If you like(love, whatever) LoTr, then you'll love them. I know, I didn't think I'd like them either. Until I read the first book. I am currently rereading the series now.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Divergent, by Veronica Roth. But not the second two books. Just read the first and smile and pretend the series is done. Trust me.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Sarniel
Council Member
Send Message
Not sure if someone mentioned them already but Joe Abercrombie's The First law trilogy is pretty good, I did not like the sequels though.
Also, if you havent read it yet Antoine de Saint-Exupery: The little prince, you may think it's a child's book but it will surprise you

I noticed someone mention web comics: The Dark Legacy comics are cool, if you ever played any WoW.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I read "The Little Prince" in it's original language and loved it! I strongly encourage that it is read!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I read "Der Kleine Prinz" in German - less of a child's book than The Hobbit. And TH was unusual for a child's book in several aspects in 1937!
Sarniel
Council Member
Send Message
That is exactly what I meant, but most people view it as a child's book. I tend to read it every year or so, and it feels a bit like the book is changing with me (although it is the other way around ).
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
<< First678910
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email