Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: What does your *real* name mean?
on: January 28, 2007 07:38
My name in English is the Pleiades constellion. It also means 'The Cutters'(sounds like a lousy low budget horror movie, huh?)
ClumsyElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 12:00
So here is my name: Sarah Rose Buchstaber

Sarah means princess and one who laughs, both I think are hebrew

Rose, well I think we all know what that means

Buchstaber means book letter, I think, which is intresting because I love to read and write. That ones in German. If I'm wrong about what it means someone please tell me.

SARAH
ps: my middle name came from my great grandmother.

Pipina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 08:46
My real name is Rossella; the translation is Scarlett.

Sorry, but I don't know how to explain the meaning!
LadyBrooke
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2007 09:02
Well people debate what my first name means; according to who you ask it could mean toture, My consecration of your name (consecration means a solemn commitment),or pure.:love: Quite different from each other, arn't they?

My middle name is Brooke and means one of two things a.) somebody who lives by a brook or b.)
Long before the medieval times the brook was thought to be a significantly smaller body of water than we do now, comparable to what we now refer to as a puddle.
Because of their size, it was often fabled that tears had caused these water spots to come about. Though, since their size was obviously much too big for mere tears to cause this, it was said that angels brought them about as they watched over the world in the clouds; thus creating their beauty. Henceforth the meaning, 'beautiful pool of tears', was brought about for a brook as well as both names Brook and Brooke.
As time passed brooks were considered to be larger bodies of water, as we see them today. The names were then used to recognize one who lived next to the stream-like body of water instead of the meaning of the pool itself, though many prefer to use this meaning today.
I prefer the second one.

My last name means twin. I don't have a twin, unless they mean the voices in my head.

Also I never use my real first name, i go by the nickname Kati (which is prononced K T no dagged out e sound on the end like in Katie); though people also call me Cate or Kay. I've never figured out why when people write out my nickname as Cate they use a C and then use a K on every other nickname I have that they write down (not that I mind, I like that spelling better.)
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 03:18
Here's what my name means:

Kayla: Crown of Laurels

Drew: Male or warrior.
Eletúrë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2007 02:33
My real name means "Elf Victory"
I like it because I can relate it to LOTR but everyone has trouble pronouncing it.

nightfairy
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2007 11:28
Buchstaber means book letter, I think, which is intresting because I love to read and write. That ones in German. If I'm wrong about what it means someone please tell me.
You're right, Buchstabe means letter as in 'Das Alphabet hat 26 Buchstaben.' (the alphabet has 26 letters). Nice name!

My name's Claudia, which is Latin. I looked it up, and it seems to have no perticular meaning but 'one from the family of the Claudians'...who seem to have been genetically lame or crippled, because they gave the name the metaphorical meaning 'the lame'. *sighs* Not very flattering. But I know my parents chose the name for other reasons and I pride myself of the fact that the great city of Cologne was once named Colonia Claudia Agrippina - after the empress of Rome at the time the Romans founded it.

hugs

[Edited on 28/6/2007 by nightfairy]
JaimeLouise
CoE Volunteer & Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: July 07, 2007 07:32
My name (Jaime ) is French and it means "I love". :love:
I love my name, but hardly anyone spells it correctly......and my last name is often spelled incorrectly too, because there are several other last names that are the same but for one different letter. LOL. So I've received mail with both names spelled wrong.
Oh, well.....such is life.

Visit my website & Etsy shop! ~ Ephesians 4:29 ~
Nelladiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2007 09:24
My name Migle in my language ( lithuanian ) means mist
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 17, 2007 12:01
My name Barbara is English and means stranger.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2007 03:02
Let me see, where to start.

Elisheva (a name I asked to get, and changed some years ago and made it teh one to be called upon), means "my GOD is oath - meaning HE keeps HIS promises

Astrid (a name I used to have, but decided not to have anymore, because of it being from ancient Swedish believes) meaning: beautiful as a godess/loved by the gods

Iréne = the peaceful one

Elisabet - I have heard two versions: one, that it is the same as Elisheva, and two, that it actually comes from Elishabbat which would mean: my GOD is (my) rest (a special rest, that gives strength and recovery). It is also by this one I was used to be addressed before I moved Astrid and added and made Elisheva my main name.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: What does your *real* name mean?
on: March 01, 2013 05:31
Sydney-mix easily with people, creative, many ideas, plans, and ambitions, seek change, inside-lack self-confidence, apparently cause tension to others. Sorry, I just got it off a website.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 04:35
Michelle: (French) Who is like God?

Jeanne: (Scottish, though I use the French spelling) God is gracious.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 02:09
Seth: (Hebrew) Appointed. Referring to Seth being the appointed son of Adam to "replace" Abel after Cain murdered him.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2013 12:28
Samantha: Aramaic for "Listener." Strange because it describes me exactly. I'd rather listen than talk anytime. "Quick to listen, slow to speak." Pretty much sums me up, yet being quick to listen can be both good and bad...
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2013 01:54
First Name: David -From the Hebrew name דָּוִד (Dawid), which was probably derived from Hebrew דוד (dwd) meaning "beloved". David was the second and greatest of the kings of Israel, ruling in the 10th century BC. Several stories about him are told in the Old Testament, including his defeat of Goliath, a giant Philistine. Jesus was a descendant of David.

Middle Name: Michael -From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God. Michael is one of the seven archangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible. In the Book of Revelation in the New Testament he is portrayed as the leader of heaven's armies, and thus is considered the patron saint of soldiers.

Last Name: Hammond -means 'Protector of the home', or 'High protection'

Source (behindthename.com)
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2013 12:17
Jordyn means descendant! cool.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
My name, Michelle, is the female form of Dave's middle name, Micheal.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
Karissa derived from 'Karis' which is Greek (I think that's how it's 'spelled' Greek is all in symbols ) meaning 'Grace'. And my middle name 'Faith' is rather self-explanatory
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
My name means pink, or horse, or rose. My middle name means bitter or star of the sea.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
First name, Julia, is Youthful or Guided by Faith. Coolio
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Silmariel-Feanors-Child
Council Member
Send Message
my parents gave me 3 names

my first Name is Leya, it means Eternal Circle.
My 2nd name Catherine means The Pure.
an the 3rd Claudia means the Locked

Light and Darkness belongs together . neither can exist without the other ! The first step will lead you mostly to the correct location but a wrong step will be your ruin quickly. ImageImage
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, and my middle name, Suzanne, means Lily, as in the flower. So I am a Guided By Faith Lily! haha, sounds interesting.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
My real name is Lora. It is a Latin name, and it means alluring one, siren, crown of laurel leaves, wine, and victory
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Mellwen_Bronwewen
Council Member
Send Message
My real name is Charity, it means love. And my middle name is Faith, so I am Love Faith.
“That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo… and it’s worth fighting for.” – Sam “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mellwen, or Charity, your name is beautiful! I had never heard of that name being used before. Would you mind if I borrowed your name for my Creative Writing class sometime?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I just asked her, and she said that yes, you can. And she said thanks.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you I'll send you guys a copy of it once it is written.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
From Google:

•Your name of Julia has given you a practical, efficient, and capable nature, with a desire to participate in business ventures.

•Able to see how the details of a situation fit into the overall picture, you have good judgment regarding anything of a practical or technical nature.

•You are efficient, and capable of carrying a lot of responsibility, but your nature is so serious that personal association suffers.

•You demand as much from others as you do from yourself.

•It is difficult for you to merge your nature with others to create understanding, or to show love and tenderness to those close to you.

•You experience much misunderstanding and unhappiness in your personal life as a result.

Some of it is true. Its hard for me to judge myself. Those of you who know me, what do you think?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Uh....I don't think that sounds very much like you...'course, I haven't met you in real life.
Gilrin
Council Member
Send Message
well my real name is Kristine which basically means... Christian (as in the Christian faith) I believe. Ironic seeing as I am Pagan and a Witch.
13 Powers do the Witches claim. Their right to lineage by Hecate's name. Tie a knot and say the words, or hand on head- the blessing conferred.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, the last bullet isn't true, no worries.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I think I would have realized that by now...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im glad you agree.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
My first name Megan means pearl, and my middle name is Louise which (I think) etymologically comes from 'Ludwig' which is famous warrior
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email