Register

Author Topic:
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Aramus Inc.
on: June 25, 2004 01:00
::Jazira Sparrow::

I sighed, not wanting my crew to starve to death I got out of my chair and headed into the galley. It seemed very much like my old ship's galley, so I felt right at home. I started searching for the ingredients for Korean beef stew.

Pretty much everything was here so I started chopping vegetables, cooking noodles, and frying the beef. I was actually doing pretty well, 'cause the spices made the room smell awesome.

Once it was done, I smiled at my work and left it there to cool for a bit. I returned to the dining hall to clear up the *cough* "food" *cough.* Wow! It smelt even worse than it had before... must spoil easily.

After dumping Kaori's dish overboard I returned to the others with my stew. Hopefully someone will learn the art of cooking sooner or later, I mean... she'll probably have to cook for Rhys in the future *cough.*

I spooned it out, then sat at my seat and began eating. Man I love this dish. I looked up and saw that a few of my friends were staring at me. "What?"
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 03:49
((YAY!! I'm back from Disney World! I luuurve the Tower of Doom!!!!!))

::Kaori Saekye::

"That looks...delicious!" I cried, quite close to tears in releif. "No one has to eat Gaerwyn's hairball, afterall!"

"Uh, yeah," Jazira slightly blushed. "My specialty, beef stew."

Yum. So we all dug in.

((Sorry to be so short, I have a lot to do tonight!))
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 02:54
(I've had Korean beef stew before a lot! btw, I like your humor aragornlvr... *cough* Just to let everyone know, I'm going to be gone for a week so someone post for me. This thread is still going to go on)

::Réquel de Vilet::

Full and content, I drank the rest of the "imported wine" (you don't really know where it's from) and sank into my cusioned chair. Jazira was a good cook, a far better one than Kaori. Rhys had not return. It only made our dinner retard-free.

Feeling laid back, I excused myself and strolled on deck. A burst of cool air caused the lace at my neck to flutter. Bright stars were abundently spilled in the night sky. They weren't specks, they were large enough to be called dots... It was as if someone could reach up and pick a star out of the midst. Maybe this was why people escaped into virtual reality, to experience things that would be impossible to happen in real life. It's scary how I'm starting to understand weirdos like Saeran.

"Here. You don't want to catch a cold, do you?" Kaori handed a blanket to me. She had one wrapped around her and Gaerwyn.

"Speak of the devil," I murmmered, though secretly, I was happy that she came out. The temperature was starting to get to me.

"What?"

"I said: thanks."

"Oh, you're welcome," she said, letting the breeze play with her hair. We stared at the sky, then a thought came to me.

(I hate the Tower of Doom, at least the one at home. It was the first ride I've ever been on. I like everything else though.)

(I have to go, my dad is being a jerk and making me get off. The only thing I have to say is, stay on the ship until I come back)

[Edited on 28/6/2004 by gabriel_legolas]
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 07:17
((Ah! You didn't finish your thought. *sigh* I guess I will, then.))

"I think...," The marquis paused. "I think...this world is really beautiful." He looked like he wanted to say more. I kept my face neutral.

"And...?" I decided to help a little.

"And I think," There was another pause, "that it is worth saving."

I smiled and gave a short laugh. "That's why I'm doing this," I said, leaning on the railing across from Requel. "There's more love here than you could imagine, Katherine. Why do you think people keep returning here? They love this place, like I do. I want to save it also." There was a pink tinge to Requel's cheeks.

And we stood there for a while, just looking at the moon, quietly. Gaerwyn was unmoving--for once--and let me cradle him in my arms. The moonlight complimented his celery-colored eyes and creamy fur quite nicely, in my opinion. Yet another subtle beauty in this crazy place, I thought to myself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I left Katherine alone after that. She seemed to want to have only the company of Requel, right then. I could understand. After all, she had just admitted that she was willing to save The Affair. She had just admitted that she was willing to risk her life for this place. I felt relieved, but also a little sad at these thoughts. I didn't want her to die. I was just finishing my thinking, when I bumped into--of all people--Rhys. His handsome face had an expectant look on it. Well, at least he wasn't green anymore.

"I'm still mad at you," I snapped, shifting Gaerwyn protectively.

"Same here," Wow! For once the bandit king was being serious. The expectant look remained. There was a long silence.

"I had to do it," I whispered. "I had to keep it a secret. I had to lie."

He leaned against the wall and stayed quiet.

"It was your fault, too!" My voice suddenly got louder. "You're always acting so stupid! If you were ever serious like now maybe I could talk to you more about my lies! It hurt me, too, lying to all of you, you know!"

"You know what?" Rhys didn't look angry. He kept his face calm, but I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes. "I act like this because it's the only time I can. I belong to a rich family. It is required that I have manners and always act intelligent and at ease. Inside, I want to scream at them all. My parents and everyone else never let me be my own person. That is why I come here, Kaori. I was always lied to as a child. I was told I could be my own person. Now you are lying to me, also."

I lowered my eyes feeling guilty. "But why does it matter if I--of all people--lie to you?" I finally asked.

"You're really dense," When I looked up he was staring strait at me, "but I forgive you, anyways." He grinned, and walked away.

"Hey!" I called after him. "What about my forgiveness!?"

Rhys just chuckled and went to his room.
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 10:20
((I’m not really sure what to post so I’m going to babble… ))

::Cach De’Lynn::

As soon as the “food” was brought out I left. The smell coming from that thing was bad enough for human noses but mine was as sensitive as forty bloodhounds put to together and I felt queasy from the second we stepped foot in the galley.

I retreated to the crows nest, the salt air a welcome change. A cool sea breeze blew from the east, blowing my snow white hair behind me. Why had I chosen to be a vampire with white hair? It didn’t make sense. In almost all stories vampires had pitch black hair and black eyes. Not white hair and purple eyes. Why had I chosen to be a vampiress at all? I couldn’t remember…

I joined this because I wanted to get away from my real life. My drunken mother. My father who left us. The bills. The rent that we could never pay because my mother always spent her paycheck on drugs and beer. My brother who left me to tend my mother by myself. My friends who were on the brink of jail time or suicide. All of it. So I created a character that had no past. Except for that creep. He’s gone now so I don’t have to worry about him.

“But,” I whispered to myself, “I think it’s time to create a past for Cach De’Lynn.”

((You can add things to your characters halfway through right?))
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 06:20
::Jazira Sparrow::

I finished my stew and left, hoping to find some quiet time to myself. Everyone on board probably thought I was being too bossy. Acting like queen of the world or something. I wasn't really like that, it's just hard to stay calm in dire situations.

I walked to the bow of the ship, hoping to find something interesting... but all there was was ocean. I leaned against the railing and stared out at the stars. I closed my eyes and started singing to myself that 'A Pirates Life For Me' song.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.

We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack.
Maraud and embezzle and even highjack.

We kindle and char and in flame and ignite.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.

We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villians and knaves.
We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs.

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads,
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,

I blushed. Hoping no one had heard me. I sat down and leaned against the rails, taking in the wonderful salty air.

((Talk about everyday babble!! LOL!! Babbledy babbledy babble... I'm bored can't you tell?))

[Edited on 7/2/2004 by aragornlvr912]
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 11:28
(Well... for everyone who's bored, you can't expect day to day life to be action packed. Even rpg heros got to rest once in a while. )

::Vindarius::

I stared at the dirty plates that everyone seemed to have "forgotten" to take away. Who's going to clean up? Whatever... someone's got to, I tried to convince myself. After all, washing dishes was my job at home in reality, with Dad being a cook and all. (He makes really good ribs and salads)

Rolling up my sleeves, I began to stack the plates. Rhys's area on the table was the worse to clean; he had noodles splattered here and there. Requel on the other hand had every fork and spoon placed perfectly so that they looked like they had never been touched. The difference with each person... Chuckling, I though of Jazira and her manner of commanding the Conquistador and how our bandit annoyed Cach by being himself. Kaori could be strange sometimes. How did her spirit get separated into Gaerwyn?

"Hey, uh, do you need help?"

The voice was Rhys no doubt. At times, it felt like he was stalking me. "You'd be better company if you just watched. Don't bother trying to act nice around me." I was afraid that there would be an accident if he tried handling soapy silverware.

"Um, okay. Guess we could talk then," he said, smiling hopefully.

I gave him no answer but a grunt. This was going to be a long night for the both of us if he decided to stay. Maybe tomorrow he might realize that Vindarius doesn't talk unless if he had to.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 02:10
(Hey! I'm back. Saeran, my thought was very different from yours. But anyway, I'll just post now. And Cach, go ahead and add things to your character, just don't make them too out of place)

Something about the waves gently bumping into the vessel and the sea atmosphere left me dozing. Most people had quit for the night and it was about right that I took my leave too. Kissing (not literally) the stars goodbye, I stumbled to a empty cabin. Dumping myself on the hard wooden bed, the only real conscious thought that ran through me was I knew I was too tired to think straight. Sailing can make people exhausted... I wonder if my horse was doing okay... ... ... ...

A rush of salt water in my face shook me from sleep. I coughed, it must have gone up my nose. Opening my eyes, a steel blue ocean sat before me. I was lying on brown sand. Was I at a beach? Standing up, it came to mind that I was back in my, Katherine’s body. My original clothes clung to me. I was soaking wet. Somehow, that wasn't a surprise. There was sand in my tangled hair and the salt stung my eyes. Yes, this was a beach, but why was I here?

What have you got to show me Réquel?

Information was sent in my head… It was like conditioning all over again. This was different, the new conditioning was telling me that the virus had been wiped out and all that was to be done was achieved. Then why wasn’t I happy?

Gazing out into the coldness, I could see that another wave was forming in the ocean. “Move away, move away,” I mouthed. More than ever, I have the urge to flee, to distance myself from the abominable shore. Yet I couldn’t. My body stood rigid, rebelling against all wills. “Move!” I whispered, desperate and panicking. The wave grew taller, inching closer. I wanted to scream… but my state of mind restrained me from doing so.

Slowly, like a flip book, the liquid monster crashed down, instantly swallowing me alive. I felt no physical damage, but I knew I was drowning. There was nothing to do except wait.

Why is this happening?

I was washed on back on shore, only now, Réquel was standing next to me. There was something wrong though… there was something wrong with the scene.

“Tell me what’s going on,” I said, glancing up at him. He smiled, assuring me to not worry. It didn’t help.

“Farewell, Katherine,” Réquel muttered and tossed his hat. Taking a last look at me, he walked towards the ocean. His boots were surrounded ankle-high with the foamy water, yet he continued walking.

“Wait!” I cried, not wanting him to bid farewell. I leaped out and a sharp pain caught me halfway. Peering impatiently, I realized that I was in shackles. I was chained to the ground.

“Réquel, no!” I screamed. He ignored me and kept going. The ocean was up to his waist. There were so many unanswered questions… “Wait…” I sunk into the sand on my knees. Tears welled up in my eyes as the last of him disappeared into the blue. “What… wait…”

“Katherine! Katherine!” I rose to the sound of Kaori’s voice. “Vindarius’s spotted the island! We’re preparing to leave and- Are you okay?” She studied my face. “Why are you crying?”

I gasped and quickly wiped away any remaining signs of moisture. “No- nothing, it was just a nightmare. Of course, that was all.” She stared at me. I was still a girl, just because I look like a guy doesn’t mean I can’t cry.

“Um… um… okay then. I hope… you…”

“If you can’t stand men crying and having nightmares then get out of this room,” I snapped. Kaori turned red and turned to hide her grin. She slid herself to the door and was about to leave when I stopped her.

“Hold on, Saeran. I need answers.” I looked intently to her so she would understand the seriousness of the situation. “Tell me, and don’t lie, I want the truth, tell me what would happen to Réquel and I once, IF we defeat the princess.”

She hesitated and her smile was gone. “Well?” I demanded. I didn’t want to offend her, but I was desperate.

“If we do… then…” she took a breath, “Katherine, you have to listen, this is complicated. If we do, Réquel will return from wherever he came from, possibly a digital sanctuary and you will be yourself again. I’m sorry.” Kaori’s eyes avoided mine.

“What? Why are you sorry?” I asked. There was no reply.

“TELL ME WHY ARE YOU SORRY! I’M SO SICK OF NO ONE ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS, IT’S LIKE I’VE GONE BLIND OR SOMETHING! YOU AND THIS GAME!” I threw my hat on the floor.

Kaori was the one in tears now; it made me regret my action. “I’m sorry because… you and Réquel will never be together or see each other again. Your connection will be broken, even if you play this game again... I know how much you’ve meant to each other.”

I was speechless. So that’s why he showed me that horrible dream.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 01:09
((I'm sorry! I didn't know what to post because you kind of left me hanging....... :killcomp: Glad you're back!!! :rolling: ))

"I'm sorry!" I turned away, not wanting to see Requel's---no---Katherine's broken-hearted face. It hurt me, too, so I cried. I finally don't lie and this is what happens! I thought furiously to myself. I always have to hurt people! She looked stunned. It seemed unnatural in Requel's body. "I just...hurt you all the time don't I?" I finally whispered. It was my fault.

I ran out of the room.

(Gaah, I have to clean!)

[Edited on 4/7/2004 by Saeran]
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 11:52

A crop of land lay in the sea, not too far from where we were.

"Not too much of a paradise eh?" said Rhys. He was looking through my spyglass, even though you could see the island perfectly with the naked eye. I snatched the item from him.

As ridiculus as he appeared, Rhys did have a point. The environment was dreary; something that Edgar Allan Poe would write in his stories. Its dense forests covered most of the area and what little beach there were was brown and hard. In place of a tropical sun, a stormy sky thundered above us. We had finally arrived.

"Prepare to land!" ordered Jazira. "Lower th' anchor! And what happened to Kaori and Réquel?" she added, slightly frustrated, "Don't they know there's work abord to be done? Oy, forget it." She jumped down from her helm and readied the transportation boat.

The anchor was lowered easily, at least it took less energy than raising the anchor. In no time, our crew was ready to leave. All we needed were our last two members. What was going on?

"Kaori!" shouted Rhys as the girl ran out. There were streaks of water trailing down her eyes. She clutched Gaerwyn tightly. To my awe, he didn't seem to care. Where had his famous glares gone? Réquel followed her curtly. His brows were furrowed and there was a harshness in his eyes. Did they have an argument? When will they ever set things straight?

Cach rested her hands on Kaori's. "Now isn't the moment to morn for whatever austerity life has bestolen upon you," she soothed. Her voice was soft and calm. "There will be a day when we look back and laugh at everything. Mistakes are made by all and no one can help it. You must appreciate the facts... won't you?"

"Thanks. But it is not only I who will need support," she muttered. This had to do with her and the marquis, but I was clueless on what.

Rhys cast a glare at Réquel, as if to say "This is your fault." But whose to judge who to blame? They both might be innocent.

"If you're all done, I think we should get a move on," I growled. The soap opera action was pushing past my limit.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 07:52
(Guess what? I bought two posters! One has Legolas on it and another has Will from PotC. Now you're thinking I'm a big Orlando Bloom fan... well, not really but they just happen to have posters from movies that I like. *sigh* I think Adrien is right. Katherine's becoming too depressing... what happened to her vain and sarcastic side? Okay, I'm going to bring some of it back)

A large percent of me wanted to stay on the Conquistador. Why should I risk my everything just for the geeks who were too miserable to live in reality? Why should I sacrifice my time with Réquel? I didn't deserve that dirty look Rhys had thrown at me and I didn't choose to upset Kaori.

As the seven of us boarded the boat, including Gaerwyn and General, we were automatically lowered into the sea. We didn't need to do much, since it was a motorboat, but as we neared shore, the waves grew, making our trip a rough one. The water sprayed in my face. I couldn't help smile a bit with the adrenaline kicking in and Rhys's glares turning into expressions of nausiation. So much for being a man.

If this is really going to be my last moments with you... then I might as well make them happy.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 07:45
((I sprained my ankle yesterday and I can't do anything but sit around the house, now :sob: Yay, we have our plan!!))

I still felt bad for Katherine, even though I wasn't crying anymore. As we washed up on the desolate shore, and took our first steps out of the boat, I couldn't help but feel as if we were one step too close in the enemy's territory. It also reminded me of Requel's fate, which wasn't exactly on my top list of things I wanted to remember. To get my mind off things, I flung Gaerwyn over my shoulder and let him rake at my back with his claws. At least that way I could concentrate on the pain and nothing else.

Looking off into the distance, I saw a spindy castle twisting into the sky. It was sort of a demented version of the Disney Castle. Instead of being a cheerful blue, it was a mixture of gray and brown swirls. It was vulgar enough, in fact, that I quite felt like puking, myself.

"Hey, you guys," I pointed towards the twisted form of it's highest tower. The group turned, and I saw Rhys go green, again. Hmmmm, I wasn't the only one who was disgusted by it's appearance.

"So that is our destination," Requel said, a little sadly.

'Yeah," I nodded. Gaerwyn was scratching my back methodically, as if I were a couch or something.

"Well, let's get goin' mates!" Jazira turned around energetically.

"We should get a move on," Vindarius admitted, following the piratess.

I shrugged, as if it didn't matter, but deep inside my well of uneasiness seemed to grow by the second.....
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 02:54

I mounted General and followed their trail, riding slower than the rest. Somehow, horseback riding relaxed me, no, Réquel. He must have done a lot of it back when he was a kid. Rich people do this all the time... (just like how they call their curtains "drapery") My horse was happy that I was finally paying attention to him again, rather than locking the poor thing on some ship. Sorry General...

The rain fell from our dreary sky, landing heavily upon us. Luckly, I had a hat to block the drops from my face, though that was about all it did. The feather that had stuck out so bold and proud was reduced to nothing but a thin whip. Its puffiness had gone out.

"Wait!" I shouted after them. Vindarius and Jazira, who were basically leading the group, paused in their steps.

"We're listening," answered Cach, who was the closest to me. She wasn't as wet and sorry looking as the rest of us... Somehow, her hair still had some glory left, unlike Kaori and Gaerwyn who's hair clung to their soaking bodies. Her pale skin glowed like white jade, emphasizing her violet eyes. Altogether, she came out very attractive.

"I just... don't believe this is an appropriate time for us to come staggering in that chateau. Our enemy might have certain advantages," I ranted, trying to bid some more time. Jazira stared at me in a way that I didn't approve... "What proposal I am trying to introduce is... we need to prepare. For whatever uncertainty that lies ahead of this grim road."

There were more annoyed expressions. Vindarius was especially upset. The problem with him is, he was too realistic and walked this pilgrimage as if it was no different from finishing easy homework or taking a shower. "What do want me to do? Where should we stop to build you a mansion so you could sleep your beauty sleep and make your hair pretty and dress up like the rich noblemen you are? Study your environment boy! Do you see a Holiday Inn? Where, sir, can we give ourself mental psycology?" He barked, stating other facts that I should have acknowledged.

For once, I was lost on what I should say. I guess Réquel was offended with Vindarius's prejeduce against wealthy people. He was true though... we were wet, depressed, and in conclusion, we weren't happy campers anymore. I could understand why he wanted to struggle on... to end this misery once and for all. But could he understand my reasons for staying?

"Be quiet, I hear something..." muttered Cach. Vindarius stopped. I waited, eager to know what was going on.

"What's that growling noise coming from the bushes?" Rhys whispered loudly so that the sound suddenly vanished. I held General's reigns tightly. My horse whinned in terror. If he was scared, then there was something out there.

"Shhh... that's a good hero," I said, getting off the sadle to calm him. It didn't help. General stomped and neighed, reminding me of a scream. "Whoa! Stop!" I shouted. Hugging his head, I felt him shiver. "It's okay... I'm here to protect you..."

He finally settled down, yet it was as if he was frozen in fear.

"It's still here. It's still here..." squealed the bandit. Fumbling out his pistol, he shot in the shrubbery (A SHRUBBERY!) two times.

Silence.

Then it moved... and something emerged from it.

A grotesque figure stumbled out. It wore a samurai lord's armour, and lowered its katana with steady skill. His face and hands were rotten to the point that we could see his bones under the brown flesh. A pugent smell stung the air. I hope Rhys wouldn't be sick again. The undead's eyes were like yellow jello floating in the empty sockets. He opened his mouth and screamed words that were undectectable to the human soul, though it slightly resembled Kaori's singing when she was taking her bath.

So this was our new opponent.
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 04:34
(I'm tired from lack of sleep... :yawn: )

Rhys had sure hit something. The zombee-like thing had two bullets sticking out of its head. I narrowed my eyes at the problem that I couldn't defeat this thing with my usual methods. But what should I do? Me without my gun was like Kaori without her cat.

"Hurry! Light a fire, that'll scare them away," advised Cach. Kaori pulled out one of her matches and lit it. A tiny bulb of light emerged, hardlly enough to burn Gaerwyn's whiskers. The monster stared at it, then with one decisive move, vanquished the flame with a stroke of his katana. We jumped back, carefully watching his next move. For the moment, he was slightly dazed, as if he had just woken up from a century's worth of sleep.

"Can't you do something else?" whinned Rhys nervously. He shifted from one leg to another.

Réquel pulled out his sword. "You have the ability to create bombs, why can't you make fire?!"

The samurai lord raised his head and screamed. It caused me to shiver in my heavy coat and a chill crawled through. General neighed in panic but had not fled. For a horse, he was more loyal than we gave credit for.

"It's not what you think!" snapped Kaori.

IT made the creepy noise again.

"You'd better be quick Kaori," I warned, "I think he's calling for help."
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 12:12

I was out of ideas on what to do and everyone was looking to Kaori to save us. The zombie cam closer to us, waving that sword threateningly. I slashed my aura at it, slicing it’s blade in half. The zombie screamed again just as more zombies began appearing through the darkness.

“Get behind me!” I yelled to the others, stepping in front of Vindarius and gathering my aura. Closing my eyes I lifted up my hands summoning all of my powers. A wind picked up, blowing my snowy white hair around me and causing it to swirl up above me just as white fire flowed out around my fingers. The fire slipped around the others making an almost solid dome. With my eyes still closed I pressed my aura to completely surround us. I felt the zombies pull back but not retreat.

“This will give us enough protection until we can desided what to do.” I said softly, the wind still blowing my hair around drying off the others. I opened up my eyes and turned around to where the others stood staring at me in surprise.

“Why haven’t you told us that you could do this before now?” The Marquis asked trying to keep his voice level.

“I’m not required to tell you all of my secrets.” I said smiled mysteriously.

((That’s all I got right now. If you guys have a plan you should let us so we know too.))
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 11:15
(Check out Katherine's new profile! click here! I added a picture too. By the way, everyone go read the OOC)

It was, altogether, strange. Our scene was like Ocean Journey, where all the sharks and ocean inhabitants swam above you while you walked in a hall made up of glass. Only instead of staring at fish, rotten things stared longingly at you.

"ARrrr" growled Rhys at the undead, immitading a pirate. The warlord backed off, not daring to touch the fire. But if they were actually scared of the bandit's attempt, I wouldn't bet money for it. "ARRRR!!!" He tried again. "Not so big and tough are you?"

I snickered as Jazira whispered something about how pathetic he was. If there was anyone who could talk like a buccaneer, it was her. "It's probably not wise to provoke them, you never can be too sure on whether if they require anger management or not," I said dryly. Rhys was the shame of our company. He should be shunned...

(we should defeat them before we move on. Someone can think of a way... I'm trying to, but I haven't go a clue)
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 10:59
(( >_< I posted in the OOC, too. It's a really rough outline of what the story is.....Is it okay if I posted the pm you sent me, Gabriel? I edited out all of the personal stuff XP My time scedule is waaay off. I go to bed at around 2:00am and wake up at 10:00 or 11:00 am))

I looked warily at the zombies, carefully trying to find a solution to yet another problem. They were slimey and not exactly in the zone of perfect hygene. In fact, I believe that someone miles away could've smelt their body odor. But Cach was a lifesver, pretty mutch. She was good at using magic, and even without Reyna, I believed she could protect all of us easily. It was too bad that Rhys had to ruin it by growling at the darn things.

However, they did seem to fear fire, which could obviously be used to our party's advantage. I had matches, but even against about twenty of the things, I didn't think we could manage. Bullets had no use against these creatures, and that was quite unfortunate since both Vindarius and Rhys used guns as their main weapons. Requel and Jazira had their swords, and Cach seemed to be always abundant in magical power. I, of course, had my magic, but that was only useful if and when someone got hurt. I could feel that the battle magic from Reyna had left me, but then again I always had my handclaws. I had never fought sutch wierd things, but then again The Affair had changed a lot since the virus came.

"I think we should try making a big fire," I shouted, widening my eyes as five more zombies materialized out of the dark.

"And how do ye suppose we do that, luv," Jazira stood in a fighting stance, ready to attack.

"Well, uhm, we could---," I felt sweat beading down my neck. "We could---."

I was stumped. The fire was obviously feared, but where could we accumulate fuel for the flames? I saw Cach make a small flame and shoot it at one of the Dead Samurai Lords. With a curtling scream, it disolved into the flames. The fire quickly burned down, and I saw that it was nothing more than a pile of ashes.

"Vindarius," I called. He was standing beside some oddly convieniant large clubs. "If we set those clubs on fire, we can parry those zombies into flames." The gunslinger nodded, and I threw the pack of matches to him.

Now for a distraction. We needed to let Vindarius do his thing without the dead things getting him. Gaerwyn, who was sitting on my shoulder, whispered something in my ear.

Ah,I thought to myself. [/i]It looks like Rhys has a purpose, after all....[/i]
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 08:45
(Sure Saeran, I was going to anyway.)

::The Marquis de Vilet::

"WHAT DID I DO?!?! I DON'T DESERVE THIS!!!" cried Rhys as we tied him up. "KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIII!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... I DON"T DESERVE THIS!!!"

"Someone shut 'im up!" whispered Jazira as she punched him hard in the stomache. ("Oww" whinned Rhys) Vindarius took an apple from our food supply and stuffed it in his mouth. We could still hear his "NUUUNNNNUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHS" loud and clear. There was a large amount of drool dripping out now.

I stifled a giggle. "Well... at least... we're not able to figure out what he's trying to dictate. Right, my dear comrad?" I patted his hair. Rhys glared at me with anger, there were even some fake tears spilling out, its purpose was to trick people like Kaori.

"UNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH! ARRRHA!" He cursed. I shrugged my shoulders. Scream all you like, but you're the one who's going to be bait.

Image (Here's a picture I drew with my mouse. I felt inclined to give everyone a diagram in case my writing was confusing. In case if you're wondering, the blond girl is Kaori and the one hanging from the tree is Rhys. ^_^)

The five of us lowered him down from an ancient tree by releasing our rope. Rhys struggled as much as he was able to when he passed the our protective wall of fire. But... I think we did a jolly good job of binding him. All his legs and arms were tied tightly against his body. The only thing he could do was flap around like a gymnist without limbs.

"Uhhnnnnnn," growled a zombie, leading his fellow undead to the tree. "Uhhhnnnnnn..."mumbled the others. They peered curiously at the retarded bandit; some were smiling slightly. We signaled to Vindarius that he was safe to retrieve the firewood.

Rhys, oblivious to everything that was happening around him except the samurai, swung back and forth. They were starting to jump now, as if trying to pin a pinata with their sword. An uneasy feeling grew inside me as they flexed higher and higher. How far could they jump? Maybe we were being too rational when Gaerwyn mentioned the idea.

"Uh nun!" he squealed. I believe he said "Oh God!"

Hurry up Vindarius...
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 07:26
(Whoa... someone had too much time on their hands to draw a picture. So Gabriel, knowing your skills in "paint" on the computer, how long did it take you? *raises eyebrow*.)

snap! I turned from my process of creating a fire (the wood was slightly wet from rain) and gazed in silent panic as Rhys fell from the tree.

"MUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" he shouted. I turned around and concentrated on my work. Rhys would be safe, everyone was there to protect him. I, on the other hand, had to hurry. I struck a match, but it was blown out by a gust of wind. Grrr... I hate this annoying weather.

Pulling out another match, a bubble of fire emerged as I scraped it along a rough surface. With as much patience as I could muster while Rhys was screaming, Cach throwing fireballs, Jazira hacking at everyone, the marquis acting like a valley girl but at the same time fighting with his godly skill and Gaerwyn and Kaori rushing to save their love... I carefully faned the flame so it would grow. There was so much love going on between me and my precious lil' flame, I could have vomitted. For some reason, the state of my situation and our groups made me feel like a... sissy. I should be the one fighting.

I blew on it, but not so much. It wavered slightly but didn't go out. Pressing the match closer to my block of wood, I blew on it some more. Smoke started sizzling out, which gave me some encouragment. A stifling smell lingered under my nostrels. It brought back my eighth birthday party, the one when our neighbor that Dad forced me to invite, caught her hair on fire... In a demented way, it was pretty hilarious. But on the other hand, my party was ruined and there was no more cake and presents. We had to visit her in the hospital. Shaking my head at that sorry memory, I realized it was one weird childhood moment. I had almost forgotten about it, but the smoke brought me back.
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 12:38
(about ten minutes. but don't you like it? I'm being sarcastic of course... Still, you have to admit it's colorful. did your childhood moment actually happen?)

I kicked an undead hardly on the shins. It made a strange noise as his leg fell off.

(I have to go!)
Adrien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 02:44
(No.)

The fire expanded and I tossed a club at Réquel. He seemed to be occupied stomping on something. "Catch Vilet!" I shouted at him. He dodged a blow from the zombie and snatched my object in midair. The marquis smiled to say "Thanks, about time!" I passed more to Kaori, Jazira and Rhys. Cach had her own, therefore it would have been pointless to give her one.

We weaved around them, brandishing our flaming weapons. The rotten bodies surrounding us inflated with the fire, each emmiting an explosion. I guess we were lucky that none of our hair caught on. The entire area about us lit up, exaggerating the density of the forest. It was like Boyscout all over again. There were sparks raising up into the night sky. Thrusting my club into a monsters empty stomach, I related the sparks to artificial fireflys. There was a certain beauty in the way they flew up into the darkness.

A lot of screaming and bloodless violence occured that night. This wasn't what The Affair was about, this was different. The virus had reprogramed too many things. To people like me, it was as if someone had come into my house and trashed the place and stole everything valuable. I wanted to blast loud music into my ears and forget about what I was doing. Forget about the nightmare that has been spreading within me...

But I couldn't. To do so was to die. These were, after all, the princess's minions. And to perish by their hand was to... be erased permanately. I won't let that take place.

Presenting another zombie a thrash on the forehead, I urged myself to keep on going.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 06:02

I grasped the club and stabbed a zombie with it. The thing let out a curtling scream before parishing into dust. My handclaws would be of no use against this demonic force.

But it all seemed too easy. The undead samurai lords were strong, but not against an experienced group like ours. Was this a warning from the virus? Was she trying to make a point about how she had infected the warfare of The Affair? Whatever the reason was, it made me sick, and all the more barbarric against our foe. I will defeat you, princess, you can count on it. I roughly kicked an undead in the groin. It fell to the ground, howling, before I slashed it with fire. Gaerwyn, who was quite useless, watched as he clung to my head. It felt almost like a large furry cottonball had found a resting place in my hair....

(Gah! I must go, too. sorry to be so short )
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 08:39
(I know I keep saying this, but everyone please read the ooc.)

I found a clean spot and sat as the last of our foes diminished. Wiping out some charred flesh that had splattered on my cheek (ewww), I gazed into the "heavens". There were no stars here. Only clouds drawn up by ink. My heart was still pulsing furiously... at least no crucial damage had been done. Yet it wasn't physical damage that mattered, there had been mental damage done. Now, I know I must sound like a phyco patient with split personalities, etc. etc, but I'm not trying to be funny; it's true that my inside hurts. I was tired.

Tired of fighting stupid things all the time.

I stroked General softly on his nose. He was still shivering though had gotten over his gory fears. His white coat was streaked with dirt and stuff I didn't really care to know. My horse nudged me, trying to comfort his master, I supose. I studied his large brown eyes hidden behind long eyelashes. There was a serene expression hovering in General. Somehow, I realized I had made a mistake. He shouldn't be here, he should be safe back home. On the Vilet Estate. How were we going to protect him and ourselves at the same time? It was too late to set him free, we were on an island.

"Come on, we best find a suitable terrain to set camp," I said to General. He snorted to show agreement. "Let's go," I repeated to my party. Since they didn't have watches in the game, I had no idea what hour we were presently in. Whatever it was, I had a hunch we was nearing midnight. Rhys yawned loudly, spreading his disease to us. I yawned too, but in a subtle way.
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 09:02

I stood in disgust at the dismembered and charred bodies strewn around us and believe me; it takes a lot to disgust a vampire. The scene was so horrific that if I didn’t have Cach’s conditioning I was sure I would have lost my lunch. Not that I had lunch but you get the idea.

"Come on, we best find a suitable terrain to set camp," said Requél. "Let's go."

I nodded in mute gratitude to be anywhere but here and followed as the Marquis lead the way.

((sorry I don’t have a lot of time I just wanted you all to know that I’m still here. ))
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 05:48
((Hey all.. I just have to tell you that I'm leaving today and won't be back for about two weeks. Sorry about the late notice but... this vacation just kinda snuck up on me. See you later!! Maybe on the new NT site if they move us over. Bye!!))
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 09:20

This spot's clean... I though dryly as Vindarius automatically "assembled" his tent without further ado. Kaori collected logs to build another fire. This time for barbaric-free uses.

I studied my companions quietly. It depressed me to see that we were all silent and sullen. Then again, I probably had the same expression. You made yourself the ringleader, now show that you can handle your problems.

I rose casually, waiting for a reaction from everyone. None. Good, that would make my job easier anyway. We were seated around the fire and a flat bolder, in front of us, stood conviently like a miniture stage. I curled my fists and stalked over. Ignoring Kaori's raised eyebrows, I stepped up.

Painting on a steady neutral mask, I cleared my throat. "Ahem." They said not a phrase, but at least they looked over. I had their attention now.

"I have the highest regards for the fact that everyone here understand our situation and the reason, or excuse of why you are where you are. There will be no point in stating that one of us might see the last of our days or how it is still a difficult road ahead. We all know the cost of which we are placing our effort into. This may be a game, but in its way, it's also reality. But no, my defense for standing before you honorable people is not so that I can lecture about my worries and misery, all that I am trying to say is... thanks. Thank you for bringing the will to come with a narrow-minded and self-absorbant mental person such as myself. Thank you for fighting side by side with each other. Thank you for all the contributions you have offered. There are so many things that I could say, so many things that I should have done... but in a fashion, I don't regret it. We are here and that is what matters. Time cannot rewind. The most that we could do is try to make the best out of it. Therefore, I want to thank each and every one of you for everything. For all the things you've said and the friendship that I've earned."

I might have been comfortable to splutter such an awkward topic out of my mouth, but I was uncomfortable and uneasy to the point of having my heart stuck in my throat. *Ahem*...

"Kaori... Saeran, even though we were not the best of aquantences, I am and I will always be proud to get to know you in my life." Gaerwyn snickered. He, I suppose, thought I was lying. After all, people pretend to not know her in public.

"Jazira, Sam, of course we are the best of friends through reality or virtual reality. When we're done kicking everyone's butt up in that castle, we should go out for pizza. Promise?"

She smiled and agreed, "Promise."

"Rhys-" I paused, not even I should give a nasty joke at a time like this. "Rhys Jones, in a way, you were like a brother to me... A six year old kindergarten sort of brother." And I'm just going to leave it at that.

"Cach, not only I do admire your talent and looks, which you have to know that's a lot of admiration, I admire your courage and gentleness towards friends. Never forget that." During some days, she made a strong podium, securing us together.

"Vindarius." I stopped when I noticed that he was signaling to me.

"Please, let's not have a dramatic scene again. And I don't want some Miss America speech for me," he warned. I frowned when everyone laughed. Nevertheless, I smiled. At least my speech was over. Nodding to everyone, I sat back down.

"And thank you Réquel for all the strength you've given to me. You've done so much more, and I will find a way to thank you properly."
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2004 04:36

I prodded the fire with a stick. Requel's little speach had me slightly coked up until the part where he mentioned Rhys. At that point I silently snickered, realizing that Katherine still had a bit of sarcasm floating about in her veins. Vindarius was predictable as usual, and Cach took the compliment stoicly. Jazira grinned, flashing her perfect teeth, and Rhys just sat there, staring at the fire. I had come to realize by then that the young bandit was quite a piro.....

We had sausages hanging on the spit, and greese slowly dripped over it's bodice. It was quite disgusting, really, but I skewered one anyway with the stick, imagining it was the skwirming princess. I bit her head of, and chewed.....

"That wont help, you idiot," Gaerwyn casually jumped to my shoulder.

"Wuhddewa," of course I had meant to say "whatever" but, seeing as there was princess-sausage stuffed in my mouth, I couldn't exactly speak clearly.

"But I must say, I'm quite proud that you've gotten this far in the game," Gaerwyn continued, but he was whispering by now. "I thought you wouldn't be able to do it."

I swallowed the sausage angrily, and began to choke, "It wasn't just me--cough--you know! We all worked togeather...." I then realized that I was begining to sound like a broken Disney Movie, so I shut-up and began stuffing my face, again.

I tried to keep the thought out of my mind, but I knew that tomorrow could be very difficult for us....
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email