Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
peamaps
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which parts in any LotR made u cry?
on: October 22, 2011 04:37
When the Rohirrim reaches Gondor.
They never been helped by them but they go, even if that means the end of a country. Beautiful!
Théoden's speech, everything made me cry.
I think regular earth should united as they did in Middle Earth.
tari_yevetil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Which parts in any LotR made u cry?
on: January 29, 2012 06:19
I always cry when Haldir dies
"Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty.The obedient must be slaves."-Henry David Thoreau
coral
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Which parts in any LotR made u cry?
on: March 22, 2012 09:34
Theoden's death, and his speech before aiding Minas Tirith, and that cry-"Death!!!!"
Aelar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2012 09:33
haldir... I feel bad for Rumlin and Orophin! No big brother to care for them!!!!
I don't want Edward or Jacob! Give me Legolas!
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2012 07:56
I basically cry my eyes out in the last thrity minutes of every movie.XD What am I saying?
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2012 07:59
Oh,and I agree with your quote Aelar.XD
lucie01
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2012 12:55
has to be theodreds funeral and arwen/aragorns wedding, also when bilbo and frodo are in the cart together and then frodo says goodbye
Lucie bethan suzie Alice Costello 'I am the night, I stand for truth and loyalty, I reach into the flame and find peace."
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2012 04:34
i to tally agree with you
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 02, 2012 03:27
I agree, Theodred's funeral is devastating - particularly the line that Theoden says, "No parent should have to bury his child" - that just kills me!

But the scene that most turns me into a blubbering mess is when Frodo leaves at the end. Because by that stage I'm so emotionally invested and I can't handle the fact that he can't be truly happy in the Shire! And then I remember how happy he was at the start of FotR and gosh, someone pass me the tissues please?
Dragonwings
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2012 06:21
The one scene that gets me is when Eowyn is on the battlefield sitting next to Theoden. Just shed a few tears though. Was trying to hold back. But yes, that's the one scene where I cry.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2012 08:44
There is only two scenes that get me to the point where I almost start to cry. Both are in the RoTK....the Coronation scene, where the Hobbits bow to Aragorn and Arwen then Aragorn says, "Friends, you bow to no one." Even though I'm on the brink of tears I can't help my make the joke about how the Hobbits can *finally* see over everyone's heads.

And then the Grey Havens scene...and it's most likely because its the end of the Lord of the Rings...no more tails... /sad face.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
I-Am-Figwit
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2013 05:03
When Sam gets sent home by Frodo, Bridge of Kazad-Dhum (probably spelt that wrong), when they are on the rock at the base of Orodruin and when Frodo sail off to the Grey havens. The amazing thing about the Orodruin scene is that for once, it is Frodo who is comforting Sam rather than the other way round.
Grizzwald
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2013 07:07
RoTK. When the Rohirrim arrive on the Fields of Pelennor. Always gets me emotional.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: February 11, 2013 11:40
"Rosie Cotton dancing. She had ribbons in her hair"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 12:44
tarcolan, when Sam says that phrase it pulls at my heart. No matter how many times I see Return of the King, my reaction is the same. It is absolutely my favourite phrase from all 3 Lord of the Rings films. For reasons of my own, it is very special to me.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Ironfoot
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 01:28
In order...
The death of Gandalf, the death of Boromir, Sam's speech at the end of the Two Towers, Faramir's suicide charge to Osgiliath (with Pippin's song), the charge of the Rohirrium on Pelennor, Gandalf's description of life after death to Pippin during the siege, Theoden's death, when Sam thinks Frodo is dead, when Sam carries Frodo up Mt. Doom, when Sam and Frodo are seemingly stranded atop the crumbling Mt. Doom and are rescued, Aragorn's song as he is made king atop Minas Tirith, and (the most tear-jerking of all) when Frodo and the others leave Middle-earth at the Gray Havens to go to the Undying Lands...
Wow...that's a lot of tears
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2013 10:10
And no matter how many times you watch the movies, the reaction is still the same.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
TofuFishy
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2013 06:57
There will be spoilers in this post!
Oh gosh, guys. These movies... I can't wait to drown in my tears when I encounter all these scenes in the books! But of the scenes that make me cry most...

At the end of the cinematic edition of The Fellowship of the Ring, when Frodo saves Sam from drowning and they hug and cry. Let me remind you that Frodo's parents drowned in the Brandywine River when he was younger and now here he was, watching his best friend drown for him. How loyal Sam is! And how relieved and grateful Frodo must have been! And what a beautiful friendship!

And then there is Sam's speech at the end of The Two Towers. It was a beautiful speech and I can't even begin to explain how hard that hit home. Especially because I first saw it during a stressful time and so I really needed to hear that the shadow is a passing thing and that there was still some good in this world that was worth fighting for. And it's just so true! Sean Astin did a wonderful job, he really did. And once again, the loyalty Sam shows towards Frodo and their friendship is a beautiful thing. A little bit before that, "Don't you know your Sam?" always breaks my heart.

This is more of a collection of scenes but Denethor's decision to burn himself and Faramir alive, not listening to Pippin even though we all knew he heard the poor hobbit exclaim various times that Faramir was very much alive and simply needed medical attention always has me down in tears. How can one be so cruel as to not acknowledge their own son? To label them as lesser than the first born? Yes, there are some cultural things to take into consideration (although I never thought about them before) but there is a difference between a cultural preference for the first born male and downright saying one child is better than the other. I mean. Burning your own son alive.... whether it was for vengeance or to keep him from prosperity any other reason... how much worse does it get?

"I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee. Here, at the end of all things." thEIR FRIENDSHIP. It's so pure, so great, so beautiful and wonderful! I know i've siad it 200 times in this post and will probably say it 200 times more but honestly!

And last but not least... the last scene of the last movie... when Bilbo asks Frodo if he could see the Ring one last time. It had taken such a hold of him, affected him so much, that even after being without it for so long and possibly barely remembering what the One Ring really was at that point, he was still giving into the temptation. It's really pitiful and tragic... it never fails to put me in tears.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2013 10:49
Oh jeepers, here we go. I absolutely LOOOOOVVVEEEE these movies. This will probably be out of order since I'm just typing as I think of these scenes.
- When Boromir is about to die, and he calls Aragorn "my brother, my captain, and my King." I just loved that bit of foreshadowing! It seemed to me that Boromir was always jealous of Aragorn, and to hear him admit that as he took his last breath was pretty epically awesome. I never really liked Boromir until he died. That quote was his redemption shot. No offense Boromir fans.
-When Sam gives his speech "There's still some good in the world, Mr. Frodo, and its worth fighting for!!!" I absolutely LOVE that quote because it is so relevant to our world today. Go Sam!!!!
-Theodred's funeral and Éowyn's song. Gave me the shivers like nothing else. Also Theoden's quote that parents should never have to bury their children. Still relevant today.
-Scene at Helm's Deep in slow mo where they're giving the old men and the young boys armor and swords, the ones "who have seen to many winters, or too few." That was pretty sobering.
-Denethor's quote before he kills himself: "There is no hope for men," but then they pan to the tree of Gondor and a tiny flower is blooming on it. I want a tattoo of that. Sweeeeetnessss!
-Haldir's death, of course. With all those slow motion shots and Elvish music. Elvish music really gets to me. It's sooo pretty. Very ethereal and otherworldly.
-When Denethor says to Faramir that he wished that Faramir had died instead of Boromir. The tears in Faramir's eyes made me cry. He's my favorite dude, second only to Aragorn.
-Pippin's song. I love how they paired his song to the raid on Osgiliath. Made me cry the first time, and I get misty-eyed every time I watch it now. I hate Denethor for his obliviousness and I love Faramir for his determination to win his father's love.
-After the ring is destroyed, when the four Hobbits bow to Aragorn, and Aragorn says "You bow to no one." There were tears, folks. Lots.
-At the scene of the Grey Havens, the whole darn scene makes me cry. I think it was the realization that I've become overly attached to these fictional characters. I had such a feeling that it was real, and that they were going away forever.
Thank you, JRR Tolkien for creating this world and sharing it with us. I cannot get through an hour of that darn movie without finding something to cry about.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 01:36
The end.
~Nev~
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 02:58
I quite agree with those scenes, lotrelessar94. Another part that makes me cry is when Frodo and Sam are going up Mt. Doom, and Frodo says, "It's to hard, Sam. I can't do it." then falls to the ground. Then Sam says, "I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you!" and picks him up, and starts walking epicly towards the mountain. And now I'm about to make myself cry just thinking about it! Sam is AWESOME!!!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
kimmishrooms
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2013 03:15
I was pretty much a mess throughout the entire ROTK, mainly because having read it, I knew what was coming, and just the fact that I was watching the final installment made my emotions shoot through the roof. But the top scenes that made me cry (and still do) were Merry and Pippin separating, Frodo turns Sam away, Sam thinks Frodo is dead after his encounter with Shelob, Theoden's death (Eowyn's crying gets me every time), and the Grey Havens. I tell myself I won't cry each time, but gee...come on! That's just impossible. Yeah, like I said, I was an emotional wreck.
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2013 11:03
Boromir's death at the end of the Feloowship. I wept the first time I saw it....and I was 10. ha ha! Get me in the right mood and I still cry.
The first time I saw ROTK, I started tearing up right after Mt. Doom with Frodo and Sam. But I was an emotional wreck by the Grey Havens. =P Those are the only parts that make me cry.
I get chills every time I watch the Helm's Deep charge and the Pelennor Fields charge. (<3 Eomer!!) and Faramir's charge to Osgiliath.
Oooh, one other part that makes me really sad is when Eomer finds Eowyn on the battlefield in the EE ROTK.
(Can you tell I don't like Eomer or the Rohirrim at all?? lol!! )
And basically any tragic death scene where a man starts crying because he's losing his friend or whatnot, makes me bawl like a child.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2013 10:59
Totally! Guys crying generally makes my want to cry.

Oooh, one other part that makes me really sad is when Eomer finds Eowyn on the battlefield in the EE ROTK.

Oh, I know! Sooo sad! And also when Pip finds Merry...aw poor little hobbitses.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I'm watching all the LotR movies again. Tonight we watched a lot of RotK EE. LOVE that movie!!!!

Denethor eating while Faramir goes out to his death. (Well, not death.) I'm fine with Gollum, Orcs, Shelob, but I detest Denethor!
MariaElessar
Council Member
Send Message
FotR:
-Gandalf's death
-Boromir's continuing to fight after being hit by multiple arrows & Aragorn saying "I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the white city fall nor our people fail." plus Boromir's last words to Aragorn "my brother, my captain, my king.."
TTT:
-The Gandalf & the Rohirrim charge down the hill at Helm's deep (not only tears, but shivers as well)
-Sam's speech
RotK:
-Theoden's speech & Aragorn's speech
-When Frodo was hanging off the edge of Mt. Doom...the look in his eyes is so powerful (so much props to Elijah) and he is about to give up, but Sam says, "don't you let go. don't let go...reach!" (not only tears, but shivers as well)
-Frodo and Sam holding each other on the rock after destroying the ring
-"You bow to no one." by Aragorn
-Frodo & Bilbo on the way to the grey havens they just looked so peaceful
-Grey Havens
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
I once watched all three EEs in a row. To put it one way, there ought to be a warning something like the "Don't do this at home!" warning when stunt people do some tricky stuff that just LOOKS easy. It was draining, and when Sam ended the film with the last words of the book, "Well, I'm back.", the tears ran. There is only one other thing that gets to me practically every time, that's Martin Luther King Jr.'s awe-inspiring, unsurpassed "I Have A Dream" speech.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I cried at the end of DoS, because of the first line at the song at the end:

"Oh, misty eye of the mountain below, keep careful watch of my brothers soul, and should the sky be filled with fire and smoke, keep careful watch over Durin's sons."

And then, same song:

"And if we die tonight, we should all die together, raise a glass of wine for the last time."

And yet again...

"And if the night is burning, i will cover my eyes. For if the dark returns then my brothers will die. And as the sky is falling down and, crash into this lonely town, with that shadow upon the ground I, hear my people screaming out, I see fire."

*sobs*

Im done.

We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Nevaratoiel
Council Member
Send Message
The end of Return of the King did it for me. With Frodo leaving on the ship in the Grey Havens. I'm a sucker for crying people, even if it's fiction. I can't help it, it's not even a choice...
~Nev~
TaraMirkwoodElf
Council Member
Send Message
I cry at the end of all the movies. I cry at everything!!
elfprincess2931
Council Member
Send Message
When Eowyn sings her lament for her brother Theodred at his funeral
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
She did that really well didn't she elfprincess? It should have been in the original film.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Acually Theodred is her cousin elfprincess

Every sad part in the trilogy or emotional part too. Theoden's death especially.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
amber.of.dragons
Council Member
Send Message
I agree 100%. I can't help but cry in that scene. [list][/list]
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Oh and when the Rohirrim charge at Pellenor, gets me every time. A valiant people going into almost certain death. :sob:
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email