Register

Author Topic:
Onaneth
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Need help finding an item?
on: May 30, 2005 01:33
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had seen this map for sale that I have been looking for for ages. It's the one from FOTR that Gandalf picks up in Bilbo's house. It has the lonely mountain, etc. on it and it's framed in wood. I don't need it to be framed in wood, I can obviously do that myself, but if anyone has seen that map and could tell me where I could purchase it that would be absolutely awesome! Thanks so much!
naiceli
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 08:25
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post (if not, please direct me to it), but I need advice on something. I want to give a 15-year-old boy a present that's LotR-related. But I can't afford to pay more than $120-$130 (which is a lot less than what all the swords I've seen cost). Any suggestions?
~Aranel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 10:36
I'd say maybe something from Sideshow Weta, or kultofathena.com have the United Cutlery Sting sword for $114.95 if you want to get him a sword
Melkortheconsumer
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 10:17
Can you buy good quality rings of power for not too much money? Just asking!!!
Lingua
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 05:44
We found some amazing Nenya/Narya looking silver rings At Silver in Santa Barbara, and I found a killer Narya lookalike at a used jewelry store. It takes some snaffling around, but deals can be found.

Hey, we are looking for a full-size adult pattern for the cowl-neck pale green/blue Arwen dress in the window scene where Aragorn is on the fainting couch, then rises to say he does not know his way, yadda yadda, that lovely maiden dress...for a wedding of a friend. Googled all over, no luck with that particular dress. Anyone?
Lady_of_Edoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 06:06
Hey Lingua,

I don't know of any sites that have an actual pattern, but the website alleycatscratch.com has a bunch of pictures of the dress and they tell you how you can make one.
Hope that helps.
Lingua
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 07:44
Hannon le, we'll try that!
SuzyQ
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2005 01:35
hello, My first time here.
Lookimng for the ToyBiz action figures. We have many of the Fellowship, but have never found a Pippin from any of the movies. I have looked in Wal-Mart and KB Toys, the only two store around here that tend to carry LOTR figures. I would also dearly love an Eowyn, if their is one. I got my son (12yrs lod) the Lothlorian Gift Set which included Galadriel,Celeborn and Haldir. Steve was very pleased. Are there any horses to fit this size figure?[6 1/2 in.]. Thnks to anyone who can help.=)
Zaarin
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 06:11
Hi, could anyone point me in the direction of some Elf-like ear attachments or the like? Thanks.
--AZ
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 02:43
Um...I didn't know where else to put this but...I'm looking for the LOTR Musical soundtrack. I don't know when or if it will be released so if anyone knows could they please PM me or something. I loved that musical (went to it twice I'm proud to say) Or if anyone knows where I could find some lyrics to the songs from there. Any help is welcome.
Please and thank you!
Shawn623
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2006 11:11
Hey all.
I need help finding a replica of Galadriel's Ewer and some links to good wigs for her as well. At this point I'm willing to spend a bit of money if that's what it takes.
Thanks.
Shawn623
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2006 01:32
Actually I need to expand my list of things to get. I need a good Galadriel wig, ewer, phial of Galadriel, and her crown. Any suggestions? I need these ASAP.
Thanks
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: September 23, 2006 06:35
Go here for the phial and they also have her brooch, ring and a few other things. Sorry but I can't find any of the other things. Tolkientown.com used to have her headdress but no longer do.
fotnfatrod
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 04:31
Maybe on some crazy stroke of luck you'll be able to help me find the item I am searching for.

In some catalogue in the past 4 years, I saw a computer mouse that had a liquid in the one half which contained a golden ring suspended in it. I have been searching for it for a few weeks now and no one seems to have seen it or anything. nothing on e-bay, or in the CoE stores either...

help me pwease?
Dolwen
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 07:19
Tolkientown.com used to have them, unfortunately they don't carry the one ring anymore but they do still have a Gollum and Mt. Doom one if you want to see those. Maybe the one ring isn't being made anymore. http://www.tolkientown.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=liquid+mouse I wish you luck and if I do come across something I will post.

[Edited on 1/25/2007 by Dolwen]
fotnfatrod
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 04:08
Thank you.

I do hope to find the one with the ring before my birthday...

people have been asking me, I keep telling them things, and no one can find them...
Tholinnas3
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2007 08:26
Hi everybody. I'm wondering if there is a small replica of Galadriels swan boat as seen in FOTR. I want to build a full size one and having a small replica to start planning would be most helpful.

Thanks
kellymulder
CoE Volunteer & Seagull of Ulmo
Send Message
on: August 25, 2010 11:59
Hey all, I am looking for a nice special hardcover edition of the HoME. I don't mind spending money on it as I'd love them to fit in with my other special edition LotR and Silmarillion books... any tips? This is the style in which I have all the other books, but I couldn't find anything matching them up till now
Lingua
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2010 12:17
When my entire lifelong collection was stolen during a loan to a school, I was devastated until I learned that I could buy everything I'd lost and then some directly from the American publisher. I bought 27 gorgeous hardbound Tolkien books directly from Houghton Mifflin Company, many lavishly illustrated. Unless you are a teacher with a school license, you will need to pay retail price, but for these tomes it was worth every penny of the some $900 I spent (I am gazingly lovingly at the full shelf to my left as I type this!). Go to their website, it will take some navigating, but you can find the Tolkien things.
Gladhaniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2010 12:30
Hello everyone
I'm searching for a 53 x 158 cm LotR poster, but can't find any. The size is important because I want it to match in my room. Can someone help me in my search? Thank you very much in advance.
altoelfo
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2011 09:58
Hi everyone, i'm looking for an elf costume based on the last alliance armour and dresses of the elves' warriors. I haven't been able tofind anything but swords and shields repilcas to buy. Any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance
Gwennetheoyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2012 07:38
Hello,

I have been looking for lotr style elvish decorations and tapestries, but can't seem to find any store that sells them. The closest I have gotten in my searching seems to be celtic decor sites, but they are just not the same. Help is much appreciated.

~Gwenn
Dolwen
Send Message
on: February 24, 2012 10:47
There are a few on amazon but they are a bit pricey and only one or two left in stock.

here if you keep scrolling down you'll see more. There should be about 14 between page one and two. The problem is that the movies came out so long ago now that a lot of merchandise isn't being made anymore. Hope these help though.
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Need help finding an item?
on: April 13, 2013 09:21
I am looking for the grey lothlorien cloak, the weta edition the lord of the rings : gandalf the grey cloak by stansborough. This item is now unavailable through weta, so if anyone knows where I could get one, please let me know... Thank you
email: [email protected]
...all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us...
Lenielestel
Council Member
Send Message
Has anyone seen any *Functional* replica bows recently? I know there used to be two Legolas ones, his original recurve (the one I wanted!) and his longbow from Galadriel. I've only found decorative replicas from The Hobbit so far.
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
Does anybody know where I could find an inexpensive Ring of Barahir or the evenstar? I I'm going to need them both for my Strider costume.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Valannon
Council Member
Send Message
Hey everyone, I'm looking for some figurines for a giant Lord of the Rings Risk game. Basically, I'm trying to build a bigger version of this: http://www.amazon.com/Risk-The-Lord-Rings-Edition/dp/B00006653W

The game comes with 4 armies, 2 good and 2 evil. The good ones come with a bunch of elves, riders, and eagles, while the evil ones come with orcs, black riders, and trolls.

If possible, I'd like to find figurines of elves, men from Gondor, riders of Rohan, eagles, orcs/uruk hai, black riders, and trolls.

Let me know if you know of anything like that!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email