Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Marlewyn
Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Post RE: Funny Names
on: April 29, 2011 05:19
My brother tells me the odd names he hears as a cashier; my favorites are La-a (pronounced La dash a) and Ladynasty (La dynasty)
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2011 04:10
How about the name Eustace? LOL, sounds like "useless".

~Frodo (the Second)
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2011 12:18

~Frodo (the Second)
you know it, I said that when I watched the movie the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2011 03:13
TeQuila. No lie. I also know of another's name that I'd get in trouble for posting on here. Seriously, what are parent's thinking when they name their kids?
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2011 10:28

~Frodo (the Second)
you know it, I said that when I watched the movie the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Me too!
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
Pimpernel_Took
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Funny Names
on: June 28, 2012 03:22
I sort of thought the same thing too! Or wasn't there a rhyme or poem somewhere combining Eustace and Useless in some way? At least I thought so... *puzzled*
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2012 09:17
Well, there was a girl at my school a few years ago, whose last name was "Butkiss" (I'm not 100% how to spell it, but I think I spelled it correctly.)
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2012 10:19
LoL, how about, get ready for this...GOLLUM! Weird name, right? hehe
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2012 11:14
Haha
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2012 09:17
Srsly?! Lol!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2012 09:35
A new student's name...Michael Myers. Being old, I didn't realize anything amiss until my much younger co-teachers told me about the Halloween movies. Having never watched them, I didn't know to make the connection. I think it's going to be a long year with my compatriots giggling the whole time...
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2012 09:56
lol, have fun scots!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2012 07:58
Qoute from Pimpernel_Took June 28

I sort of thought the same thing too! Or wasn't there a rhyme or poem somewhere combining Eustace and Useless in some way? At least I thought so... *puzzled*

Yes there was Pimpernel_Took. It was in the book, not the movie.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2012 10:26
Actually, I think it may have been in the old movie also, not just the book...
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
It was in the book, at least the audio book I've listened to about a million times.

Um...let me see here. Canon. A friend of mine said someone she knows had twins and named them Cruz and Cannon. I don't know how they spell it though...I personally think they are pretty cool, albeit unusual, names.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
This is almost like the one at the top of this page...Shadynasty..looks like shady nasty but is pronounced..Sha Dynasty.

I met 2 little kids and their names were Sunshine and Stone.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I know two from my elementary school that were Clover and Dandelion.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Those are adorable names! Sounds like two little pixies.

I saw something on Yahoo once about these people were so obsessed with Twitter that when they had a daughter they named her Hashtag. The poor girl! What in the world would people be able to call her? Hashie? Seriously. That's just plain mean to give your child a dumb name like that.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
The surname of a teacher at my school is Proudfoot! Proudfeet! *starts laughing hysterically*
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Jedi Knight Elrohir Sparrow
Council Member
Send Message
I agree! I love the Voyage of the Dawn Treader!!
'There once was a boy named Eustace
Who read books for the facts that were useless.'
Heeheehee...
Anyway, I hear one couple named their poor child Facebook.
"A time may come soon, when none will return. Then there will be need of valour without renown, for none shall remember the deeds that are done in the last defence of your homes. Yet the deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised." --Aragorn, Return of the King, pg. 767
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Johnny Cash's song "A Boy Named Sue" - and as Wikipedia informs me to my surprise, it was originally a poem by Shel Silverstein!!! Image
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Well, at the YMCA where I am a lifeguard, there was this kid that came in to "swim" (He couldn't actually swim, and therefore couldn't go past the 4ft, but was trying to convince me that he could). Anyway, this kid's name was "Born King." Yeah. And he acted like he wanted to live up to his name. Everyone called him Boogie though.
ImageImage
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
My friends older sister is naming her daughter Katniss. From the Hunger Games. And her middle name will be Rue, which is another character. Katniss Rue.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email