Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Any aussies?!
on: September 03, 2004 09:25
I go to North Sydney.. the uniforms aren't weird!
briseis_orqu_apollo
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2004 11:40
i got lotr freek friends going to north sydney - boys and girls...hmmm...k

Eldirn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 07:32
So...um...how many of ya would be willing to meet up with a Yank when I finally get the money saved up for my dream vacay Down Under???
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 11:20
That would be cool! Where are you going when you get here?
Eldirn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 10:02
Where are you going when you get here
?

Hehehe -- YES!

As many places as I can get! Sydney -- cuz I wanna see the Opera House, and Mr. Weaving; I wanna see the Australia Zoo (queensland?) and the Barrier Reef and Uluru and hike in the Outback and...

Oh yes, I want to hold a koala and see some kangaroos. I wanna see a platypus too. I dunno, I think God was playing a practical joke on somebody when He made platypi.

Stuff like that. General touristy stuff I guess.
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 11, 2004 05:08
Cool! There's heaps to do here, if you know where to go. Hope to see you here soon!
Eldirn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2004 09:46
Geez, I hope I GET there soon. Or in this lifetime, anyway. It costs a bundle for the airfare....
Ohtarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 12:49
Ohtarwen lives in Sydney, but she couldn't care less about the football
She also happens to be on the North Shore... and thinks it's cool that she's not the only one!
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 01:07
Ohtarwen lives in Sydney, but she couldn't care less about the football
She also happens to be on the North Shore... and thinks it's cool that she's not the only one!

Yay! I agree!
Miss_Hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2004 08:21
I'm an aussie! I live on the Great barrier reef in Queensland!
It rocks, definatley have to check it out!
Eldirn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 05:38
BTW, folks, I am now a proud Yank koala mum! I just adopted a koala joey thru the AKF! :love: :heart:

I :heart: koalas!
briseis_orqu_apollo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 08:01
Awww - how schweet! Koala pet??
Aranel_Calafalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 03:45
hey there,
im curious to know if anyone on here is from the blue mountains? if there is anyone from around here, i would love to meet up with a group.
Eslyssa
COE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 01:01
Sydney Northern Beaches here. ^_^

Wouldn't it be funny if you'd been chatting with someone on CoE for ages, and then it turned out that you knew them in person too?
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: November 21, 2004 03:38
im curious to know if anyone on here is from the blue mountains? if there is anyone from around here, i would love to meet up with a group.

Unfortunately, I live in Sydney's western suburbs (Parramatta, thereabouts), which is a bit closer but still not all that helpful, otherwise it would be fun to meet up.
briseis_orqu_apollo
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2004 03:22
For me, it takes about an hour to get to the Blue Mountains
dileon
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 09:55
im from a little bitty town in SA.
anyone who is coming from overseas is more than welcome to come here! we have kangaroos by the thousands as my cousin and i found out as we walked over a hill and it seemed like billions of the suddenly jumped up and ran away.
but i guess our little town is kind of a hole. we arent on a main highway, or close to anywhere.
how hot has it been lately!!!????!!! jeepers! but a cool change, its raining right now! very hot year. i hate summer, i think i will move to the northern hemisphere for summer!
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2004 10:01
haha, SA eh? I know a few people who used to live there and stuff, but the best was triple j's 'Adelaide It's Ok' thing. Where abouts SA? are you near that little american town thing?
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 03:18
i'm from southside brisbane near garden City.
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 05:44
hey Dingil that's not far from me! Probably about 10 or so minutes away.
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 07:01
serious!?! that is way scarey oh wow!!! how werid!?!
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 10:34
Okay, so it's about four days late. Still, better late than never... Happy Australia Day, everybody!
orlando_obsessive
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 12:46
hey
I'm a Aussie!!! I live near Brissie, in Ipswich. It's awesome! I reakon we have enough people here from Brissie and around here for a meetup thing. I didn't think there would be so many .... What do you think?

Bernie
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 02:37
sounds pretty spiffy orlando_obs. except i'm not allowed out much during the term, and i've already got a couple of formals that are coming up (and that was pushing it a lot to be allowed to go to both) but yeah, in the future i think it would be a great idea...

then again, if you guys wanted one soonish and i can't make it, i'd understand *sniffle*
~Faer_od_Arien~
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 05:41
i'm from southside brisbane near Garden City.

Dingil - exactly how close to Garden City do you live? I live 10 mins walk there.... how weird... *starts singing, It's a Small World...*
I agree orl_obs - we could meet up... that would be cool!!
unfortunately, due to time constraints, I rarely come on forums, so if any plans are made for such (I would love to be a part of them!!), let me know via a pm... please!! I would love to meet "such excellent and admirable" LOTR fans!!

[Edited on 16/7/2005 by ~Faer_od_Arien~]
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 12:43
yeah im 10 mins walk form Garden City just over the little macgregor street bridge...you could probably run it in like 5 mins though...hmmm..it would be soooo weird tomeet up but cool too though...
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 07:03
gahhh!! why is no one relpying???:cry:
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2005 09:12
okay I'll reply ^_^
Dingil, you and Faer don't live very far from me at all XD have you been to the music express in garden city on the corner of some streets? There's a really hot guy who works there XP just thought I'd share that with you all ^_^

Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2005 09:19
No WaY!! i'll have to check it out..unless u've already got 'im!!
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 12:07
hahaha nah he's not 'mine' or anything, he's just good for the occasional perve. and when i was getting my violin amp, he chucked in the lead for free
orlando_obsessive
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 09:05
you play the violin? me too. how cool!

i live in ipswich, so ill have to pop over to garden city to check out this guy.
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2005 04:34
You guys play violin?!? cool!! i play viola which of course is way better!! and piano...awesome
orlando_obsessive
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2005 07:40
we could have a really weirded out band that are a tribute to lord of the rings! a lot of us play instruments and wel ive in brissy .... we could do a disco version of the soundtrack. lol
Saeraeariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2005 08:59
haha orlando_obsessive that's an awesome idea ^_^ and dingil, i think the viola is really cool too in string ensemble at school, i have to help tune, and i always shotgun tuning the viola just so i can play the c string XP on the other hand, it's always fun to pay out viola players.
elvishmusician
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 11:30
Hi -another Aussie here :love: I'm 17 and I live in Queensland -just took to me a while to find this thread :blush: oooo :drool: you play the violin? viola? Yay!!!! Me too -I play the violin (its my main instrument) and the piano, and sing (are any of you attending State Honours at the Conservatorium in Brisbane?)...I take a string ensemble group at school but sadly don't have any viola or cello players (I tend to just write music for them so that we don't need a viola/ cello -though if one started coming to the school I would be very happy)...in my quartet group (outside of school) I play the viola part on my violin *waits for angry cries from viola players* I didn't get a choice they already had the group together and my duet partner (the group leader) lost her viola player and they weren't any others so she asked me to play it -LOL the only annoying thing is some of the music we get has the viola part as a 3rd violin part or as a viola part or even sometimes in bass cleft -which makes it really annoying when you're trying to sight transpose and have to keep changing you mind set.

[Edited on 22/8/2005 by elvishmusician]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email