Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
Post RE: Any aussies?!
on: July 25, 2006 05:00
Heads up! Channel 7 is showing ROTK this Sunday, 8:30. Though most fans should already have the dvd, this is yet another fantastic opportunity to convert the rest of the family (if it hasn't happened already). This is applicable as far as I know to all... in NSW (what does one call a New South Wales person, Waler? Welsh?) and the other eastern states. Those out west will want to check their tv guides.
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2006 09:32
Rotk on tv!! very awesome!! but heck how annoying would it be to be in the most exciting bit of the movie and then suddenly on come ads!?! i would murder the tv:evil:
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: August 01, 2006 05:39
but heck how annoying would it be to be in the most exciting bit of the movie and then suddenly on come ads!?! i would murder the tv:evil:

Oh, totally. For some reason, after my regular viewing, I was foolish enough to switch over to Ch. 7 and watch the rest of the movie, ads and all, to 12:30. I was almost dead for uni that morning. :evil:

On the positive side, it did stir this urge in me to read LOTR again. :love:
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 05:24
Yay, some Aussies!
Well I've moved and am pretty much settled in Palmerston, just outside of Darwin. Was wondering if anyone else is living in the NT?
Also, I know a lot of folk are coming up for the Darwin Cup Carnival. I'm going to be working there and was wondering if any of you guys are coming for it?
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: August 03, 2006 06:15
Hello AE! How are you finding NT, and Australia in general?

Was wondering if anyone else is living in the NT?

It would be interesting to see if there's any CoE members from NT, as it only makes up 1% of Australia's population. Anyway, I'm not going... it's too far, and it would be far easier for me to go to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup festivities. I would like to visit NT some time for all the touristy sites though (and the crocodiles).
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 04:13
Hey, I'm v much enjoying NT and Australia in general although I only have 2 more weeks left til I fly to Scotland and then Germany for my year abroad.
Have seen lots of crocodiles whilst have been here. It's quite random - even saw the one from crocodile Dundee...v cool, lol.
Belthoron
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2006 03:22
Awww this is a shame looks like im the aussie loner
I live in Hobart all the way down in the tassie hole
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2006 01:06
Is Tasmania even part of Australia?? ... Tasmania is awesome!! there are like some really awesome cricketers from Tassie.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: November 11, 2006 05:37
there are like some really awesome cricketers from Tassie.

Heh. Boonie.

Seriously though, I'd love to visit Tassie sometime. The scenery must be gorgeous.

Also, is anybody worried about the water situation in Australia's eastern states?

Edit: Aww, Belinda Emmett died.

[Edited on 12/11/2006 by Fíriel]
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2006 02:08
so yes! water shortages are crazy!! Brisbane is on level 4 water restrictions now... I think we should start using recycled water now, but everyone else seems to think that its really gross, but for crying out loud, the water has been cleaned!
Dingil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 04:01
Anyone else REALLY excitied about the ashes? My whole family is like cricket MAD so i am going to be glued to the couch for the whole thing!! yipee!
elenlhach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 12:52
Myself, I don't watch much cricket, but my brother is excited about the Ashes
With reference to the water crisis, try living in Toowoomba. You get people like the 'No' campaigners, plus level 5 water restrictions.*shudders*
I'm very thankful for rainwater tanks.
OselleElentari
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 04:42
Aussies!!! Woo hoo!!!

Well my family has just moved from Prestons (near Liverpool), Sydney to Goulburn - which is also in the depths of drought, Level 5 restrictions, nothing in the town dam etc. But we're okay because our land has a dam and two water tanks so we don't use any town water (we get water delivered to drink, thankfully!!! town water tastes like dirt, no offense!)Are there many other country folk out there?

And the Ashes!!!!!!!!! MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did we smash those Pommies or what??? It's so sad that Warney's leaving now, though!:cry:

I'm afraid I'm rather unpatriotic in that I despise all forms of rugby/footy! I love the soccer 'football' though, and cricket's fine - so I suppose I'm not all that unaustralian!
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 03:59
If being patriotic depends on one's interests, then I'm the most unpatriotic Aussie ever, and I dislike the sporting culture too. I don't mind watching union, but I draw the line at league and AFL. I have a soft spot for cricket, but really, I love football the most. (And yes, those Poms were appalling!)

This water crisis will get no better, at least not this year, with all this politicking. I'm already sick of the rhetoric by political parties and the election year's just started. :rolleyes: Recycled water deserves a better consideration than people's kneejerk reactions of 'EEEWWW'. I'd drink it.

On the other hand, I'm cheered by all the focus on the environment this year.
Adonnenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2007 06:33
Wow, aussies, never thought that i would see some of us on here (stupid me)....the closest i've come across is New Zealanders. Its also seems like it is mainly QLD's and Sydney-siders on here.

I'm from a small town called Bermagui. You may have heard of it? It's about 5 hours south of Sydney and was named WHALE BOAT BAY in the movie 'THE MAN WHO SUED GOD'. you guys seen that?

Unfortunately i had to move away from Paradise (it is sill green even though we are in drought) to go and study in Wagga Wagga. Anyone from those two towns (or around them) are
welcome to PM me.

I don't really go for teams but i would say i go for Collingwood (my grandfather would have killed me if i said otherwise) or Sydney Swans ~ My high school English teaher was a Swans Fanatic! And you are all going to hate me now, i actually support the English in most sports *Ducks from flying objects* Sorry but thats just me.
Fíriel
Enethdan Edhellen
Send Message
on: March 22, 2007 02:53
Hello there! I was actually becoming befuddled by the seeming rarity of Aussies on CoE. I run into them everywhere else on the net, but there don't seem to be many Aussie Tolkien-geeks (or even the vaguely interested) out there.

I'm sorry to say I'd never heard of Bermagui until now, but I just looked it up on Wikipedia -- it does look pretty.
lena0
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2007 11:56
This thread is rather old, but I thought I'd drag it back up again just to say I AM AN AUSSIE hahahaha.

I'm in Newcastle, NSW. However, if we're talking AFL, I must say I'm a staunch West Coast Eagles supporter hehehe.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2007 02:05
I'm formerly from the Washington State thread, but am now in Brisbane Australia.
I just figured out my old login for CoE too.

Water rates seem rather cheap here compared to water-abundent Washington state, and that is after I did the measure conversion and dollar conversion (which isn't so much different these days).

Anyway, glad to be here I am!
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
mayrhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2007 04:29
Hey guys - 'nother Q'lander from the Sunny Coast. It's amazing how many Aussies are here - that's if you're still on the board!!
So momentus weekend with the Labor Party getting voted in and the upset with the Liberals having to find a new leader
'cos Costello has stepped down too.

Just passing through - thought I'd say 'Hi'!!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2007 02:05
Yeah, I got to witness the Aussie election first hand. So what was the actual final vote count? So afterward, the Libs re-shuffled and they melted down here in Queensland. I haven't seen any vote count ever, just percentages as given by the media, and talk of 'preference votes' and stuff. A conspiracy theorist could have fun with this...

I heard rumor there's a microbrewery up there called Sunshine Coast Brewing. Cant seem to find any info on it though. There is one in Townsville.... gotta visit it someday.

[Edited on 12/10/2007 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
mayrhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2008 07:00
Actually Arveleg there is a small brewery around here, funnily enough the owners daughter is going out with my 19 year old. We had a few of their limited edition summer releases over Christmas...mmmmm.
The location is in the suburb of Kunda Park, the industrial zone of Maroochydore....probably worth a day trip...maybe a weekend if you're going taste testing!!!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2008 09:03
I think if I do any taste-testing I'll be heading to Melbourne, but that is a major plan. A Sunshine coast drive is totally feasable, and it would have to be a overnighter if I were to uh 'sample the wares'
mayrhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2008 03:56
Arveleg, you missed a great opportunity yesterday @ the SCB - it was their 10th birthday - as well as Australia Day so they had a big party - well a sausage sizzle!. It was great fun and it would have been nice for you to come and have a taste test of some of their new lines.
Apparently First Choice have a couple of the SCB lines in store - chilli beer and something else, their are currently going through a refurb of their labels and stuff, so there may be some promotional stuff coming up this year - will give you the heads up, so if you are interested you can always stay here for the overnight part (lol) - that way you can party hard!
Maree
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2008 04:08
I ended up having assorted bottles from various Aussie craft brewers while listening to Triple J's hottest 100 on Australia Day and had our own sausage sizzle.
I will get up there in the near future, and thank you for the offer. I'll PM when the days, likely a weekend, is set in stone.

I hear the brewer is leaving Sunshine Coast for a new adventure? The onl brews I see in 1st Choice is the Chili beer and the Ginger beer, neither which interests me. Hopefully they'll get a real beer from them to sell someday.
mayrhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2008 07:54
Arveleg, how did you know that? The manager only found out on Monday that he was moving on. He's from Toowoomba (my home town) and is supposed to be heading back up the hill to greener pastures. Apparently the chef is also leaving and the manager's daughter who works in the bar(my son's girlfriend) is moving to Brisbane for Uni this weekend.
Must be time for a change!!!

I passed on what you had said about your preferences and Jackie said that there is something in the works at the moment to get other varieties available.Will keep you posted.

Hope you haven't been washed away in all the rainfall we've had - the sun is finally out here, making it very humid.

Have a good weekend.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2008 01:38
I picked it up on a beer forum. Hopefully whoever takes over chefing & brewing at Sunshine keeps a high standard. a nice Czech-style dark lager would be nice. In Brisbane on Albert Street, the Brew House had Sunshine Coast's Smoked Rausch on guest tap, & it was pretty darn good! I hope to find bottles of that in the bottlo someday!

As for all the rain, I'm still living on high ground so it all ran down into the valleys. One of the houses we looked at to lease got swamped though.

I found Brews Brothers, a small microbrewery in Woollongabba when they had an open day sausage sizzle and free beer.

I'm currently doing another round in the immigration process. So far things are looking ok.... or at least they seem so.
mayrhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2008 12:08
Good luck with the immigration process....does anyone really understand how they make their decisions??

Hope you still have dry feet after this current bout of rain. Have been working as a Traffic Controller here on the coast for 6 weeks now, and standing in the rain is very miserable!

Have my graduation in Toowoomba on the Anzac Day long-weekend and I'm planning a camping weekend on the 10-12 April (last weekend of the school holidays)...hope it doesn't rain!

Take care
Maree
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2010 08:33
ANZAC Weekend was good weather! I went to The Glen and drank Kilkenny, Guinness, & played 2-Up. In the end I must have won enough to pay for all my beer because at the end of the day I had the same amount of money I went in with!

I'll be going to a Medieval Faire at the Abbey Museum in July.

Now, I'm preparing to move to a house, and after that, go to the states for a couple weeks.

Edit: Oi Oi Oi! Where are all the Aussies?
hobbitsrulemyworld101
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2011 01:57
Jeez, this thread isn't very popular!!

But, just thought I'd say that I'm an Aussie and proud!
xXEnchantedKaiXx
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2011 05:30
I wish i lived in Australia =( , I live in the U.S so you know why im upset lol.
Ive always Dreamed of moving to Australia,But moving to a place you have no family in can be diffacult :/.
lovely place though =)
Andromeda_of_Imladris
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2011 12:33
hey guys! another aussie here!
im a novacastrian (from Newy [Newcastle NSW])
lol... so many names one city

hey lena0! where in Newy? im from Charlestown but i go to merewether high

[Edited on 7/2/2011 by Andromeda_of_Imladris]
ImageImage
Eslyssa
COE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 16, 2011 11:12
Another Australian checking in.

I live in Sydney.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2011 04:44
In case you didn't know from my previous posts; I LOVE Aussies! I've want to move to Australia since I was a kid when I watched the Crocodille Hunter. I thought it was the coolest place and if everything works out, I just may get my chance! But if I can't, I'd love to meet an Australian actor or LOTR fan. That would be so cool
Eomer_4_Lothiriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2011 06:36
I'M AN AUUSIE! Second generation Aussie on my mother's side, and half-second gen. Aussie on my dad's side. I'm from outer Melbourne! Looks like the Wallabies are doing alright in the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand, eh?
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Any aussies?!
on: March 14, 2012 04:43
Hello, I'm another Australian - I'm from Brisbane. First post in this thread for 2012!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email