Post Re: Any aussies?!
on: May 23, 2012 03:29
Hi, im Aussie aswell! i live in Sydney.
Lamaidith
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2012 06:52
A true blue south aussie right here. When it come to footy though, Sydney Swans all the way bru!!!!
So what every one up to?
Proffesional llama whisperer, dancing fanatic and shoe hoarder Keep calm and llama on dudes
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 08:11
Good to see some few of us here. This thread gets a post or two every 6 months or so. Still kicking it in Brisbane since 2007.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
I'm Aussie too! And I live in Newcastle, NSW (the best city any of the other Novocastrians still around?
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Hi Marille, I haven't seen any of the above people here lately. There is at least one active Aussie here, the remarkable Lord_Sauron. I'm a pommie myself, but I've got an auntie been in Brisbane for the past 60 years (ten pound pom) and a brother in Fremantle.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
Hmm, I'll have to find some more then! My mum is a pommie too, but has lived in Aus for a long time now. Have you ever been to visit them here?
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
No I've not been over to Oz, me and flying don't get on 'cos I get really sick what with the upping and downing. Same reason I don't go on roundabouts and swings. My mum and dad have been over to Fremantle a few times, they loved it.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
Fair enough. I'm not a fan of flying either, planes are horrible when you have to sit in them for hours. That's cool, I've never been to Fremantle, but I do hope to get there one day, I have heard it's great.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
As tarcolan says I am from Australia. to my surprise I haven't posted in here lol
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
Are there any other Aussies around? I don't think I've come across any so far. It's always nice chatting to people who are in the same time zone
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I stop in now and again. In Brisbane.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Flying Elf
Council Member
Send Message
I'm an Aussie in Alice Springs, Northern Territory. Lived in SA for 7 years in a tiny town, not sure if the same one as the SA member on page 2, there are many small towns around, so probably not. Went to Melbourne in March, would have met up with some if had of been on this site before, but if anyone wants to visit Alice Springs I'm happy to meet and show you around
Home is behind, the world ahead...
SidhAAgar
Council Member
Send Message
Australian Born and Raised, great to see there are some fellow australians on the forums.
Gnomie
Council Member
Send Message
I'm Aussie too. From WA. Born in Boots
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
G'day Gnomie!
Gnomie
Council Member
Send Message
Arveleg, you were originally from the USA, weren't you? I have wondered what it is like to be someone from another country in Oz. I don't know about the eastern states, buy in WA they are often treated like curios or nuisances.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Isn't Aussie phonetically incorrect? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it should be spelled Ozzie to get close to the correct pronunciation.

(Image this smiley is supposed to be me - Image - decide for yourself.)
Gnomie
Council Member
Send Message
Actually, yes, that is how it is pronounced. I remember hearing an American trying to say Aussie words after having seen them but not heard them. He said orssee and gee' day. Facepalm.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Gnomie said:Arveleg, you were originally from the USA, weren't you? I have wondered what it is like to be someone from another country in Oz. I don't know about the eastern states, buy in WA they are often treated like curios or nuisances.

That is correct. I have experienced the curious, and the Nuisances. Fortunately, being from Seattle, I can if deemed necessary pass myself off as Canadian.
Araloth_the_Random
Council Member
Send Message
Melbournian here! I guess that automatically makes me a hipster.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Melbourne is a cool city. Usually enjoy myself when I go there.

How are all the Ozzies???
Menegilda Brandybuck
Council Member
Send Message
I'm and Aussie! Hallo to all you probably long-gone CoE friends!
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I did relocate from Brisbane to Melbourne in early 2019. Now stuck in a plagued city.
How is all the Aussies?
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
I’m in Victoria as well Arveleg
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Glad things are moving again here in Mel-Bin...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email