Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Illuin
Council Member
Send Message
Post Drawing
on: May 20, 2004 06:57
Drawing is one of my favorite things to do. I really can't decide between pastels or charcoal which is my favorite--any one else like Drawing, or have an interest?
Lady_Firniswin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Drawing
on: May 20, 2004 09:06
:wave:

I LOVE TO DRAW!!!!!!!!!

I like both charcoal and pastels, though I think I am better with pastels. Charcoal I just get everywhere . HEhe!

God bless!!!!!!!
Fhêndil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 11:55
I really love drawing! With all that stuff I have on my drawing-desk, pencil, graphite, ink, pastells, sepia, or whatever!

I also love to draw pixelarts directly at the PC using my mouse or tablet! Coloring inked drawings on the PC is one of my big addictions Anyone else doing this, that much?

*waves*

[Edited on 21/5/2004 by Fhêndil]
Náredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 12:56
hehe, i love to draw!, i'm still only in H.S. but i'm going to focus on majoring in the arts. I love drawing with charcoal (except when it gets everywhere, lol) and i really like pastels and graphite pencils.

Fhêndil, lol, you're good at art (seen all your art from your site) and thanks again for all the pixel art youve done for the realm and myself
Kionurin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 02:44
Hello!
I love drawing too! Especially I like to draw, when I'm tired from my studies or job. I like to use different things, such as oil paints, charcoal, colour pencils, water colors etc.
It's nice to see here a lot of beatiful fans creations
Divinity
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 03:37
I LUV TO DRAW !!!! I mainly draw with just a reguraler pencil. Like to use charcoal too. I'd put some of my pictures up on Coe if I new how.
Illuin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 08:33
I think the only way to post ur stuff is if u have a scanner--which I don't have and not to mention my annoying computer which goes psyco on me sometimes ... :killcomp:
But yea thats just me....what is sepia, Fhêndil??
Fhêndil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 09:01
But yea thats just me....what is sepia, Fhêndil??

Sepia is like all the other Sanguine pencils are comparable with charcoal pencils. Sepia is a reddish-brown toned color, Sanguine is available in different brown tones, from almost black to light brown (I dont own any Sanguines, because they are hard to get here) A simply sepia sketch looks like this:
http://www.freepgs.com/lizkay/Verdego01.jpg

Sepia isn't that blurrable charcoal is, and you better dont try to erase stuff... but I really like that medium, specially skin, hair and scale effects are pretty easy to create, they also work great with paper stumps!

[Edited on 21/5/2004 by Fhêndil]
elvenmaidofmirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 10:21
DRAWING ROCKS!!!! Anyone like to draw dragons?
woodstar
Therapist for Gollum
Send Message
on: May 21, 2004 01:41
I love to draw, though I don't do it often enough. I am planning on switching my major into the Arts, but I still need to apply. But, right now I am into drawing with charcoal and graphite and occasionally colored pencils, Prisma of course! But I do love to draw and I am working on photo-realism, but I am not quite up to par yet but I am getting there. I am also trying to draw all the LotR characters, but it is tough finding the right pic or screen cap to draw.
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 03:30
My drawings aren't that good since I'm still learning, but I LOVE to draw! I really like using charcoal and...a normal pencil. ^^
Caegaraneva
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 06:27
I love to draw ents and dragons and warriors and trolls and orcs and landscapes and castles and EVERYTHING having to do with the lord of the rings!!! I draw a ton, with charcoal and pencil, but one of my favorite things to draw with is a felt tip pen.

Anyways...i was wondering, how do you submit things for fan art? I have a scanner, and i think i could tool up some of my drawings in acrobat to reasonable levels of goodness, but i dont know where and how to submit. ANy advice?
SuziDragonlady
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2004 11:47
I love drawing, I'm addicted in drawing! Oh, especially DRAGONS *g*, but I draw nearly all, except humans.

Thee is a neat page/community were you can get a free account and put up as much pics you want. Others can look at them and post comments, and you have a journal page too.

Have a look at http://www.deviantart.com

See ya! :heart:
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 10:42
I draw ALL the time! I love it. Sometimes I draw people, but animals are alot easyier, and mythilogical creatures are more interesting. I'm also ace at cartoons! I have hundereds of pictures that I have done on paint. But it's a bit easy, so I have taken up acting too. :heart:
woodstar
Therapist for Gollum
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 11:00
I am just curious, but who here has a DA account. I have one, my name is Babymint34.
Tinwetari
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 11:30
I have a DA account but I don't have anything up yet.

I love to draw, especially fan art. Lately I've been too busy to start new drawings though.
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 03:25
woodstar said
But, right now I am into drawing with charcoal and graphite and occasionally colored pencils, Prisma of course!

I recently have taking up drawing again after not having drawn anything in a long time, and I love colored pencils. I've been looking for Prisma pencils but cannot find them around here ... will probably have to order them online, so if anyone knows of good sites to order drawing supplies from, please post here.

Btw Lee Hammond has some great easy to follow books on drawing. Her techniques have helped to improve my own drawing, especially when it comes to drawing realistic faces. I still need more practice though ...
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 10:33
I love drawing!! i mainly use pencil, but i just started to try watercolors and they are coming out great. If anybody cares to look at it i have a folder in the members art gallery. I want to try charcoals and other paint mediums so my mom is thinking about letting me get a teacher!
Aeliessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 03:22
Drawing is my life! Well, close. I haven't really ventured into painting but all is well, I am more comfortable using pencil or pen & ink. I will be posting some pictures on CoE soon I hope. Once I get started, I won't be able to stop, heh. Anyone else?

[Edited on 11/6/2004 by Aeliessar]
woodstar
Therapist for Gollum
Send Message
on: June 10, 2004 03:37
Btw Lee Hammond has some great easy to follow books on drawing. Her techniques have helped to improve my own drawing, especially when it comes to drawing realistic faces. I still need more practice though ...

Hmmm, I might check them out. I would love to know how to draw realisticly without having to draw from a reference photo. I want to be able to put some of my own creations onto paper, but I haven't been able to do that yet and be satisfied. I also am thinking of doing a study on the face and skull, so I can get the muscels and placement of features better. You can check out some of my stuff here. Any critiques would be helpful.
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 11, 2004 01:30
Wow woodstar ... those drawings are awesome! My favorites are Frodo and Aragorn, but they're all fantastic!

Well with more practice, I might be able to draw just as well someday . I'm totally inspired now ... thanks for sharing your drawings!
XxMerrys_baby_girlxX
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 08:02
i love to draw. my last big drawing was wiht pastel ,it was for school. I love dragons but i find it hard to draw them just from my head. i have to have a picture even then its pretty hard. I can draw very good if i have a picture infront of me. But im also not so bad making things up. I guess my mom kept that talent , shes an excellent artist. She can draw just about anything. I guess i could get her to teach me some things
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 11:19
Yep, what little bit of artistic talent I have - comes from my mom. She's very talented with painting, drawing, sewing, and various handcrafts. So yeah XxMerrys_baby_girlxX ... you should definitely ask your mom to teach you some things ... she'll probably be happy you asked her!
Illuin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 06:09
Yep, what little bit of artistic talent I have - comes from my mom. She's very talented with painting, drawing, sewing, and various handcrafts. So yeah XxMerrys_baby_girlxX ... you should definitely ask your mom to teach you some things ... she'll probably be happy you asked her!

talent came from my mom 2 lol!! and my mom's talent came from my grandmom-I think like all the talent comes from the women in my family lol :angel:
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 11:36
i think my talent came from my great-grandma and my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great- ((repeat trillion more times)) grandfather...cause my great-grandma was a really good amateur artist...she went to this really prestigiuos art school and stuff....and if youve ever heard of him.. my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great- ((repeat trillion more times)) grandfather was Titian Vecellio...he was the greatest painter of venetian times! i looked him up on the internet hehe...
none of my imidiate family can draw for beans!
XxMerrys_baby_girlxX
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 06:15

talent came from my mom 2 lol!! and my mom's talent came from my grandmom-I think like all the talent comes from the women in my family lol :angel:

im sad to say that the talent i have only comes from my mom and i keep trying to figure out where she got it lol
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 11:06
The talent comes from both side in my family!
Nimfalas_Mithwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 09:26
Drawing is one of my favorite things to do. I really can't decide between pastels or charcoal which is my favorite--any one else like Drawing, or have an interest?

I like to draw too. I'm only in the 7th grade, but I'm one of the better artists in my class. I had an assignment to "draw a picture that told a story." It could be any story, so I chose LOTR. Yes, the whole series. It turned out awesome, and it was sent to Scholastics for an art competition. We (my art teacher and I) weren't sure if it would be disqualified or not, (because of copyrite) but it didn't win anything anyway.
Nimfalas_Mithwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 09:29
I got my talent from my mom.:love:
outlawgirl09
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 11:00
I love to draw! I usually use pencil, but I am experimenting with different medians. I am not that good right now at anything except horses and sometimes people. I am currently working on dragons and dogs. I have to study other pictures to learn how to draw things. I got my talent from my grandpa I guess.
Faramirs_first_kiss
Mearhwine Namsmið
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 09:25
I really enjoy drawing but I am no good at it. I practise a lot and look at tutorials and all sorts, but I just can't get better. I can draw weapons and buildings and anything that isn't alive, but when I try to draw people they just lack any sort of life. It annoys me no ends, because as a result no matter how much time and effort I put into the pic it looks bad. From time to time I manage, completely by accident, to draw a good picture where the person looks really realistic etc, but I'm sure thats complete fluke. The more I draw the more of these flukes I have but I still don't know how I'm making them.

My worst downfall is faces because I just don't have a style for drawing them; anime doesn't like me, realistic face look like shop window dummies... It's annoying, since all I'm generally trying to draw is characters and scenes and without a face, however good the rest of the picture is, it looks pointless. My best pictures show people from the back.

Ah, okay, annoyed-at-self rant over
Kiss
outlawgirl09
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 03:02
I know how you feel, FFkiss, My best pictures are when I am doodling in church. :rolleyes:
MirkwoodsArcher
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 05:07
Drawing and art in general is great

There's no better past time ...( or Job for that matter )

[Edited on 6/9/2004 by MirkwoodsArcher]
Legolasfan1113
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 08:01
I love to draw!:heart: I love it even more when other people like what I've drawn.:love:
I use graphite pencils, charcoal, paper stumps, and erasers for my work. I draw for my homeschooling, but also for fun. Being homeschooled let me pick out what I would draw, which has been fun. I'm still working on the photo-realisim. I'ver seen some of the other posters' work, and have to say it's way better than mine right now.
I think I got my talent from, first and foremost God, and from both sides of my family. My Great Aunt, on my dad's side, is an artist, my mom is talented as well. So was her mom.
I've drawn mainly Lord of the Rings characters, horses, and Rebecca St. James ( a music artist).
If any of you would like to see a picture i've drawn just PM me.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 11:14
ooo i am happy!! i just got back from the art store with some new supplies!! yay!! my "teacher" wants me to try out pastels instead of the pencil i have been using. last night i tried drawing with the old pastels i found in my closet and i have to say it came out pretty good. does anybody else here use pastels or know any good tips?
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email