Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
_LadyEowyn_
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hair?
on: August 22, 2004 09:07
I have browny blonde hair. In the winter it's darker, and in the summer it's really golden. It goes half way down my back, and it's slightly wavy. Oh yeah, I have a very long fringe. (or bangs if your american)

It's to about the middle of my back and is really curly*pouts*my sisters both got straight hair.

Curly hair is lovely!
Light Blonde
73% (1)
Tantalurina
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 05:30
Curly hair is lovely!

It might be but it's a pain trying to brush it considering my hair's really thick and frizzy.It's just a pain to try and keep looking halfway descent at least it is for me anyway.
Diva
Viggo Vixen, Supplanter of Arwen & Anti-Hugging Harpy
Send Message
on: August 23, 2004 06:48
I find that the best way to maintain my curly hairis actually not to brush it.

Brushing it only ruins the curls, and often makes the hair much larger and much more frizzy. A hard learned lesson it was [thick curly hair,here.]

Oh and in the shower, I always rinse my hair upside down, rather than standing upright under the showerhead, and allowing the water to plaster down the top of my hair,which kills the curls on the top of my head. Also,when I get out of the shower, I wrap my hair in a towel only for a minute, so it's not dripping any more, but then I take the towel off,to keep it from pressing out the curls.

Tantalurina
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 06:29
I find that the best way to maintain my curly hairis actually not to brush it.

Brushing it only ruins the curls, and often makes the hair much larger and much more frizzy. A hard learned lesson it was [thick curly hair,here.]

Oh and in the shower, I always rinse my hair upside down, rather than standing upright under the showerhead, and allowing the water to plaster down the top of my hair,which kills the curls on the top of my head. Also,when I get out of the shower, I wrap my hair in a towel only for a minute, so it's not dripping any more, but then I take the towel off,to keep it from pressing out the curls.

That actualy sounds a lot like what I'm doing now especialy with the not brush it part unless I want to completly soak it with my spraybottle after I brush it.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2004 08:12
My hair is light brown with gold highlights and a bit of copper-red. It is very curly! When left alone, it barely reaches my shoulders, but when I straighten it, it reaches halfway to my waist! (Talk about coil-power)
Brandi
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2004 01:25
Currently black hair past my shoulders....straight...fringe of bangs in front.

I like my hair. I like changing the color though. It's one of my hobbies. lol.
LOTRcrazy
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 04:37
I hate my hair. It dark brown and really curly and frizzy and almost impossible to control
ShotoKid
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2004 10:05
I have medium to dark brown hair, which curls naturally at the end and is getting close to my shoulders
falather
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 05:48
Hmmm...My hair is a darker brown and kinda curly, especially the towards the back. It's rather unruly, so I just let it do what it pleases now. *shrugs*
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 06:04
My hair is brown with grey in it and long to mid back, with a rising hairline and thin atop. I have the true blue David Crosby look. Yep I'm one of those old guys who is losing it but refuses to cut!

My avatar (Cherif Fortrin) has my look of when I was 25.

I should add I have a natural multicolor (black, brown, red, and more and more grey) beard as well.

[Edited on 9/9/2004 by Arveleg]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Silversnow
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2004 11:13
My hair's quite strange. I grew it out so it's half way donw my back (the farthest it can go) and is rather thick but not tremendously thick. It's dark brown but sometimes can have red highlights. It's limp and hard to keep in a postion for long so I usually have it up in quick positions like a ponytail or bun or just leave it hanging around my face. I don't have bangs but am thinking of getting two long swoops on either side of my face. It's usually straight but sometimes can get wavy or slightly curly. If I don't put it up in something after taking a showerit frizzes out every where and looks awful! I still like my hair, though.
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 05:54
I have short, Frodo-styled hair that's dark auburn. My hairdresser is always raving about how thick and nicely wavy it is.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Ataralassë_Manveri
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 11:49
I was born with jet black hair too, but it fell out and came back brown. My dad has either black or dark brown hair. I don't remember which. My mom was born with red hair which "morphed" into reddish brown when whe was in middle-high school, and she started getting greys at 21. Dad got greys in his late 20's. I'm 21.. no greys yet. I also don't smoke, unlike them. Nasssty habbits.
Mine is weird. I put sun-in in it last summer, so it's half my color, half blondishy. :lol:
see? http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=23062&orderby=
or just search my username in the gallery.
My hair will HOLD some curls. lol. When I was little, you know back when we actually hated showers, my grandmother would curl my hair for sunday school, and it'd say till Tues or Wed, or until she could convince me to bathe. :lol:
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 03:59
It's rather unruly, so I just let it do what it pleases now. *shrugs*

Sounds like me! *lol* I mean, I'll put it up (usually in Legolas' braids or something like it) but I'm not one of those who constantly fixes their hair *rolls eyes at gym class' antics*

My mom calls my brother the German baby (or did. He's in his twenties now)-- he had the brightest white towhead you've ever seen (and plus, his first words were "Das est min" O.o not kidding. That is mine!) and his hair turned dark dark brown when he was thirteen (then bright blue, but that change wasn't natural). I've apparently escaped that fate. And I've decided to not cut my hair for as long as I can hold out-- I haven't cut it in the last four years but oh well. Thing is, it shreds at the ends (and yes, I condition it and all that; i've just got baby-hair, super fine) and doesn't grow past where it is now. But oh well.
Bealocwealm
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2005 08:06
I'm a strawberry blonde, but i've been able to find nearly every colour in my hair (including a white one - not grey, white). It's about shoulder length, slightly wavy, and in a ponytail. i wanna get it cut funky short and spikey though.
GrimaWormtongue
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2005 08:56
Natural colour - light-ish brown
Dyed colour - black

...and rather matted at the minute, like proper Wormtongue hair - only mine's washed
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2005 02:16
My hair has a mix of colors since I haven't cut it in like 5 years. So the top of my head is darker than my tips. But the basic colors are light brown, and darkish blonde. And it's down to my waist, but it shall be cut to my shoulders this Spring!!!

It is also wavy at the bottom if I don't blow dry it straight.
woot4tolkien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 12:15
My hair is a deep reddish auburn color with highlights, which everybody likes for some reason. Its different, which i do like, but i want to color it. Its shoulder length, which i am growing out, and wont hold a curl for more that about 5 minutes(seriously) and if i dont brush it about once every couple of hours it gets to be kinda matted and messy looking.
~LadyofMirkwood~~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 11:31
Mine is blonde and for that I get teased a lot! But it is really thick and quite wavy, and is mid backlength or so. I keep hoping I will get the nerve to get it cut shorter because I'm really tired of it being so wicked long and stuff, but I'm afraid if I get it cut it will be too short and thick so I'll just have to have it the way it is...
EllaBeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 12:37
I guess my hair is okay. I sure prefer having rather than not having! It is dark brown and straight as a board, exept for a little segment behind my left ear that curls in a spiral. :twitch: ( no idea why it does that) And believe it or not, down at hip level in length. ( the curly bit is only neck length and always has been for some odd reason)
I almost never wear it down. When I do, I always get it caught on door handles and stuff. (yes, door handles) Sitting on it is also VERY annoying! Hurts too, if your not expecting it.
-EllaBeth
Soronumë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 05:36
To the end of shoulder blades, light brown/dark blond and straight. At the moment with blond stripes. ^-^ Never fully coloured my hair, once I got a perm that that's nearly an year ago..
And I LOVE my hair! ^-^
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 03:52
SOmetimes my hair is tamable, sometimes I wake up looking like something out of a horror movie. My hair's dark, semi-curly. Very pretty when it sits down properly. But when 'boofyness' attacks, ti's torturous.
EllaBeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 01:11

ABagginsOfTheShire: Lol! 'boofyness'! What a perfectly descriptive word! I got a wonderful mental picture of what your hair does, just from that word! *laughs*
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 07:22
Lol, and there's nothing I can do about it sometimes! It's okay when it's left out, but when I tie it up in a ponytail... okay, it's like this. When it's left out, all the boofyness is kinda spread out and my hair just looks nice, with a good amount of volume. But when I tie it up, all that boofyness comes together to make one big boofball. It's horrible.
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 06:23
Boofyness, eh?
My hair is mid-blond and very straight. I just cut it a couple of weeks ago, it's pretty short now. It is between my shoulders and my ears, and it's shorter around my face. It's also cut in layers, so my stupid thin hair finaly has some volume.
Soronumë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 08:50
I managed to take a good pic of my hair in a natural light..
http://elftown.lysator.liu.se/_Soronumë

it's the lower one
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 11:48
Ooh, it's very pretty! You look very nice in this pic!
Soronumë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 08:48
Thanks. ^^

Oh, I LOVE my hair!
ViggoBliggo
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2006 09:27
My hair is somehow between auburn and dark brown and it is usually really shaggy and difficult to comb...I am a hobbit and my hair is past the shoulders....it is not curled thank god but a bit wavy...right now I have stopped shaving too and trying to grow some beard....it is not full beard though for I am a hobbit and a young hobbit....
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2006 04:18
Let's see... I've got light brown hair that's about all the way down to my ...backside. It's about 1 to 2 feet long. And BTW, I'm a dude.

I like to braid my hair all the way for about 3 weeks at a time, then let it out. Then I get the lead singer of Led Zepplin look.
It's usually pony-tailed (a la Steve Segal, who I hate) but I also like to put a few large braids in it, going for that "Viking" look.

I dyed it black once. Big mistake. In 10 years I've only cut it once, and it went from super-long to super-short in 10 minutes. Last time I do something like that for a girl...lol

Krono
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 02:22
My hair is curly and brown. It's a little bit past my shoulders because long hair always annoys me. I always get it stuck on everything when it is long.
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2006 10:43
My hair's mid-brown, reaches half-way down my back, is naturally wavy and very thick.
I've been trying to grow it for the past five years, and I'm not sure when I'm planning on stopping. I've also been considering joining what seems to be the fasion today and straightening it. I've even bought a (very expensive!) hair straightener, but so far I've been to scared to try it!

[Edited on 28/1/2006 by Anoria_Miriel]
Alatariel1013
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2006 04:11
Hey look, I got a haircut! I like it....my hair is really dark and everyone thinks it's black but it isn't....it's just really dark brown. And straight. Oh yeah, and thin.
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 08, 2006 10:55
I have very dark brown, almost black hair that goes a few inches past my shoulders. It's also very thick which can be both a good thing and a bad thing (it's very hard to control sometimes. :dizzy:.)
Drauglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2006 02:56
I have very dark brown, almost black hair that goes a few inches past my shoulders. It's also very thick which can be both a good thing and a bad thing (it's very hard to control sometimes. :dizzy:.)

I know that's right! Some days I just wanna shave my head instead of washing/conditioning/ponytailing it.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email