Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Hair?
on: March 30, 2013 04:40
REEEAAALLLYY!!!!!!????? I did NOT know that. But let me guess, one of the CAUTIONS on the back probably says, "may make all of the hair on your scalp fall out." Maybe I'm just being paranoid....Well, I'll see if I can find it. Isn't that for old people though? It would be a sight in Walmart if a teenage girl was buying a bottle of old people Rogain! LOL! Wait...I just searched it on Google and found out that they have GIRLS Rogain........okay, I'm buying that tomorrow.....lol
Light Blonde
73% (1)
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Ariadwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2013 07:44
LOL, hope it works for you!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2013 11:05
Rogaine does not help hair grow faster. It is for people who have thining hair or are losing hair and it makes new hair grow. Hair loss has nothing to do with age. Hair grows about a half inch a month and that is that. It grows faster in the summer for some people. You can try a bit of scalp massage to stimulate your hair follicles and maybe that will help. It was a wonderful thing you did to donate your hair. It will grow back. In the meantime, get some pretty clips and try doing different things with your hair.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2013 04:33
After trying Rogaine on my patchy "beard" for a month, I can attest that it does not work as expected.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2013 07:28
I didn't think it would work. Things like that tend to be scamy. :/
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2013 07:41
Yeah. Especially if it was made in the U.S. LOL! Sad but true. So, quick question. If you could dye your hair any color/colors you want, which one would you choose? ^_^
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2013 08:41
Hmmmm.... I've never actually dyed my hair before, at least nothing radically different from the plain brown it already is. Maybe I'd like to try adding some highlights, or maybe making it more reddish. I don't know, I'm not experienced in the areas of fashion and outward appearances
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2013 02:25
Though it would more then likely look horrid, I really want to try dying my hair red. Not an ugly bright red though.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2013 05:32
I see this is a popular female topic lol...my hair is short, dark brown, but sometimes in the sun the edges can look golden...it sticks up all over the place if I don't control it, which is kinda funny on some days.
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2013 09:33
I would dye my hair light blonde or bleach it and then add in highlights/lowlights of different colors light blue and green and red. I would feel like one of those My Little Pony things. LOL!
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2013 06:27
i have VERY short blackish hair with blonde highlights... It's so short cuz a year ago i shaved my head for BALd for Bucks. So, all my hair was gone... It's still growing back But i miss it :/
"A sprinter learning to wait."
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2013 07:19
That was very nice of you! God will bless you for it! It will grow back. Just be patient with it.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2013 02:44
RodwenAravilui5136....Yes, do it! It would look awesome! I had light pink and turquoise highlights maybe four years ago and I loved it. Now it is back to its regular light brown with the little sunkissed strands.

[Edited on 05/01/2013 by Lindarielwen]
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
AW! Sunkissed sounds so cute. My hair is not effected by the sun except when it's EXTREMELY hot out. My hair is really stubborn. :/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, Rodwen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha....
I've never dyed my hair, but may want to try lowlites...
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
yeah, you would look good with some low lights. haha! Your hair is especially pretty when you braid it! OH! You got a new signature! YAY!
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
When my hair is down, it just touches the chair I'm sitting on. My natural color is light brown, but I started going grey and didn't like how it looked. I've been dying it with medium brown henna since last fall. For some reason it turned out to be reddish when I did it, and I really like that.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
See! Sometimes mistakes turn out great! I will Dye my hair the first time i see a grey or white hair.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Geez Rodwen you're very good at getting you two cents in every time you post...sometimes four Just kidding. I think I would actually like to try dying my hair with henna. That would be interesting. It looks very pretty on a lot of people. If I could get my hair professionally dyed (which I've never had done), I would try highlights for the summer. Or maybe I could dye the lower layers of my hair blonde, so it would contrast with the dark brown and you could see it whether its down, in a ponytail, or straightened. I never know what to do with my hair :/ It's getting pretty long (touching my lower back) and I'm at a point where I can't decide whether to chop it off or not because of summer coming.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
You should chop it off. Ethelyn bugged me to do it and I did. It's your turn to cut it. Besides, your hair is longer than mine was so someone can use your hair. Especially if they have no hair at all and no choice. Trust me, you'll feel better without all of it getting in the way. It'll grow back.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, I was you lotelessar, I don't think I would. But I am trying to grow my hair out, so maybe that would have a little affect on my hair advise.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I didn't want to cut mine either but when I did I loved it.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think a girl has to have a certain "attitude" to wear her hair short. For me, my hair will stay long.

I went for a bang trim this weekend and my hair girl wants to put in some lilac strands next month. My appointment is on the first day of Summer so that will be fun...
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
Eh...I'm not sure if people need to have a certain attitude to have short or long hair. (LOL) I think for the most part that they need to realize that hair does grow back, even if it might take a while. Or in my case, need to realize that if you have patience it will get long as long as you don't turn around and cut it when you get that 'wild hair'.

Even though I probably won't ever have enough patience to grow my hair long enough to donate my sister has a few times, I think it was 17 inches in one go! But she only had her hair cut to the top/mid of her shoulder blade (This is when she was probably around 10ish...) so she could have donated much more if she cut it shorter than that. While she did not like her hair short, she enjoyed helping someone else out.

But I do agree it is a toss up, some people don't mind and others...well I guess they kinda do and either don't want to spend the time to allow it to grow back or just don't like short hair and think that it will not look good on them. Of which that might be true some people don't look good with short or long hair.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Well the reason why I don't want to "chop it off" is because I donated my hair 2 years ago when it was long. The lady at the hair salon said it would touch my shoulders by the time it was off. That was a lie. She put it into 2 ponytails and cut the majority of it off that way. After that, it WAS touching my shoulders, BUT the 2 sides were completely UNEVEN!!!! O.O So by the time she evened it out and put layers in, it was well above my shoulders, and by definition could have been considered "boy-short." I couldn't even put my hair into a ponytail for softball. That's how short it was If you combed it over just right, I looked like a guy. I should post a picture of that. No I shouldn't.

It took forever to grow back. So yeah. That's why i don't want to donate it this time. Maybe I'll grow it out a couple more inches and wait a couple months just to have some extra leeway in case a lady messes up again My rule is no shorter than shoulders. Now all of you know my hair experiences
Lady_of_Darkness
Council Member
Send Message
Everytime I cut my hair to shoulder length (it's as long as Thorin's, but the color of Fili's), I end up regretting it, so even though I'm nearly 41 years of age (come July 25th), it stays long, thank you very much. I can always wear it up when I get older like my grandmother's mother used to do (she had long hair until the day she died, and she lived to be 97). Shoulder length doesn't hold a braid (since there's not enough hair to lock it in place, unless you french braid it), and although I don't braid my hair every day, I like to when I'm in a hurry.
In the darkness you could hear the crying of women, the wailing of infants, and the shouting of men. Some prayed for help. Others wished for death. But still more imagined that there were no Gods left, and that the universe was plunged into eternal darkness. - Pliny the Younger, A.D. 79.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Lady_of_Darkness, I am happy that you have long hair. I do not think age has anything to do with hair length. I could never understand why some women feel they are "too old" to have long hair. Mine was chin length once and I was miserable until it finally reached my shoulders. My hair is happily inching it's way to the middle of my back.

I do commend all of you who have donated your hair.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, I quite agree, Lindarielwen! I want to have long hair when I am old. And wear it in braids.

That is something that is incredibly annoying about layered hair. I can't get it to stay in a braid, even a french braid. Well, it sort of stays in a french braid if I tie it off into a pony tail once I braid it...but I prefer wearing the whole braid.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I can't beleive lotrelessar didn;t mention it, but she and I have begun to create a Braiding Binder. It contains instructions on how to do various braids, intricate and basic. It's starting to get fat, now, with all the stuff we put in. My hair is currently in a Dutch braid (I did it myself, lotrelesser!)
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
She actually did mention that, Maxie. But it was in a different thread that I seem to have lost. It's called "Hair styles/everything hair related" or something like that.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
You guys r making me sad! I used to be the model for braiding until I got it chopped off! Well, good thing my hair grows fast!!! :/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Rodwen, look!!!!! Its you in your little profile thing!!!!!!!!
Sorry, easily distracted. Thanks for letting me know about that post, Mareth. I have never seen that thread before...
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Yeah, I see it!
And I have seen that thread b4 and I don't know why I didn't read any of it... might as well check it out now.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No problem, Maxie.

My hair sort of stayed in simple braids when we went to the eye doc yesterday. But my layers stick out unless I braid it just right. So annoying...
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
My hair used to be Legolas colour and length but not so straight, but now it is more Eowyn colour but not so long and curly. Sometimes I have little curly devil horns of hair on the top of my head. I think I actually prefer my hair unbrushed, because I think it looks more wild.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email