Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
The bits of lilac faded out and went right back to being the sun kissed strands, Maxie. I have gone to the same stylist/colourist for 6 years, she is brilliant. I would never put dye all over my hair and here in Florida, the sun takes care of the highlights. Adding a bit of colour, like the purple, is a lot of fun.
Light Blonde
73% (1)
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Ive never added any chunks of color, but like I said previous, I was thinking about putting in some highlights until my hair returns to normal. In summer time, it's auburn with red highlights, as seen in CoE Video Blog One. lotrelessar and Rodwen told me in the summer that i had "Elf-like hair" as they went through my hair examining me for natural highlights. (? I have strange friends )

Anyways, the red from summertime has faded and the brown hasnt set in for winter, thus, I am an odd olive green. But I would do my highlights myself at home with store bought dye, and I have a feeling it would look bad. I just need something for a few weeks, but I dont wanna look worse off than I did to start with.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Well, as for me, I would not attempt any hair colouring on my own. I am lucky the sun gives me my highlights without having to use any bleach or dye. As for the fun colours, I have had pink, tourquoise, lilac and now this purple. I might try it myself because it is just vegetable dye and fades away all by itself. But we all have fun at the salon so I think I will just leave the fun colours up to my *girl*.

If you have a feeling it would turn out bad, then I would not do it.

What is Elf-like hair? I want some!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
HAHAHA! I remember that Maxie! You do have a lot of random natural highlights. But me, on the other had, have none. Or is it has none? IDK… That's why I'd like to add some un-natural ones. That'd be cool.
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
I've been researching ways of dying my hair using Kool-Aid. But since my hair is very dark, I'd have to first lighten it using honey until it was light enough to be able to see the dye. I'll have to wait till it gets longer, though... it would look weird on short hair :/
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I have heard of using Kool-Aid and even Jello powder to colour hair but not if it is too dark. But honey to lighten it? Now that is something I have not heard of.

I think a fun colour on short hair would be, well, fun!
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
My friend used Cool-Aid to dye her hair and it was really dark! I was surprise cuz she did it in the beginning of the school year and it's still in now! O.O Weird..
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I thought you used Kool-Aid for red or other colored chunks of hair by boiling it and dipping your hair into it in sections. Am i missing something?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gilrin
Council Member
Send Message
Proud redhead here suuuper thick. gets annoying actually
13 Powers do the Witches claim. Their right to lineage by Hecate's name. Tie a knot and say the words, or hand on head- the blessing conferred.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, Lindarielwen, according to Rodwen, Elf like hair is long and has natural highlights. Sorry, forgot to mention that back a few posts ago.
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
I'm a brown/ginger ringleted curls way past my shoulders
I miss you. I miss you both. I miss you every week, ever day, every hour, every minute. Every second I shatter once more under the weight I have to carry. My heart bleeds afresh from this old wound.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, is that a pain to brush through?

I know I mentioned it on another thread, but I just got new bangs cut. They go along my jawline on the left side of my face. Im still working on getting them "trained"; right now they like to fall in my face.
Eusonia
Council Member
Send Message
Not really a pain, as long as I do it regularly or it is murder.
All my family are of celtic descent but apparantly the curls come from an African slave.

[Edited on 03/29/2014 by Eusonia]
I miss you. I miss you both. I miss you every week, ever day, every hour, every minute. Every second I shatter once more under the weight I have to carry. My heart bleeds afresh from this old wound.
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
My hair is a red-brown color, but sometimes it looks more blonde. I've only dyed my hair 3 times, and I'm doing it again after prom!
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, what color?
EthelynnGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
I can't tell you!!! It's a secret. Let's just say, it's gonna be REALLY different and mom might not approve
"A sprinter learning to wait."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I would never dye my entire head. O.O The most I would do is maybe the ends.
Council Member
Send Message
I have long (about the length of Thorin's in the prologue to AUJ) naturally curly strawberry blonde hair. I'm still trying to decide whether I should keep my current length or grow it as long as Thorin does in later years (it used to be the same length until my mom whopped off eight inches. I should have stuck with my original plan and told her to only cut off four inches, since you couldn't do anything with it that short. If it were any shorter, I would have looked like a guy, a style that does not suit me at all). I'm finally starting to like it again, since now I can wear it back like Thorin does in the prologue (even if the barrette I use is more human, and close to my own hair color, so you can't even see it).

[Edited on 02/12/2015 by Lady Oakenshield]
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
I've got red hair. Never have dyed it don't have the nerve to lol
Lothriel
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I bet your hair looks lovely, Hawkins! Naturally red hair is always so nice.

Ooooooooh boy, looking back at my last response has be laughing. 2014 Maxie would be shocked as her 2016 self plans to dye her entire head dark brown with red underlay, and chop it to shoulder length.

But as of now, my hair is still super long, painfully so. I'm saving up the money to cut it off and dye it. Hopefully I'll be able to do so in February or March of 2017, depending on my work hours and tuition statements. It's been so long for so many years, and I'm ready for a change.
Hawkins
Council Member
Send Message
I've never cut my hair, other than trimming off an inch here and there. when I was little I wanted hair like Rapunzel, but I'm happy with it going 3/4 down my back lol
Its funny how our styles change, your new hair color sounds amazing!!
Lothriel
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
My hair is longer than it usually is, but it's still short. Right now it's a dark burgundy shade with a lighter burgundy overlay, and turquoise and blond highlights.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Both the head stuff and the face stuff are at a point where normally I would be considering a trim. But then, we have had some cold snaps since late December, so currently my resemblance to my avatar is increasing - though it is still rather marginal.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email