Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
Post Something not working?
on: June 01, 2004 04:37
I have now gone through all the modules of the site, and have fixed all the obvious problems. Now's your chance to help the site, by reporting any other problems that you have come across on the site. Please report the following in this thread:

1) Any sections of the site that are not loading properly, or giving you error messages.
2) If you have access to something you shouldn't (i.e. edit/delete links, and you're not a mod/admin)
3) Anything else that looks odd, or appears to be missing a functionality that it used to have.

Please note: I am aware of a few sections that will need to be rewritten or heavily modified, and that are not fully working properly at this time:

Mailing_List/Newsletter
Workbook
Games

Please do not report any errors with the above modules.

[Edited on 2/6/2004 by Rivka]
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Post RE: Something not working?
on: June 01, 2004 04:53
Rivka, first let me say THANK YOU very much for all of your hard work!!! :heart:

Two things that are missing:

1. Our location doesn't show in our PM's anymore;
2. Our signature doesn't show in the PM's like it does in the Forums.

Thank you again for all of your help!

I found another one:

3. The Preview function in PM's doesn't work. It brings up the form again but the message is gone.

1 & 3 Fixed. Not sure what you mean in #2; sigs are displaying fine for me...

[Edited on 4/6/2004 by Rivka]
tsproffitt
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 05:22
Yes, thanks for all the work you've done!

I've just found one thing--I don't have access to modify my realms page(Ulmo)

Thanks again!

Fixed

[Edited on 3/6/2004 by Rivka]
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 07:35
One teeny thing I saw was that it doesn't say member # in the comments on the journals. No biggy. I just saw that it was missing. Thanks for the hard work.

Fixed

Nan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 08:46
The list of birthdays from the forum menu is still missing.

Also while looking through the realms I noticed that somtimes I see a "modify realm" link but not always. and I don't even belong (yet) to any realm.

Fixed

Nenyia
Elrond's Herald & Númenor Fanatic
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 09:01
First of all, thank you so much for all the hard work !!! :love: :disco: One thing I've noticed in the Realm of Vaire is that in the Members List (which now shows up) there is a small (d) next to each name, and the Modify Realm option appears again, but only when accessing the Members List. Hope that helps

Thanks again ! :love:

Fixed

Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 09:51
Well, I just tried to send a PM to a member (wraith_king) and it said that he wasn't a member. I went to the member lists and searcher wraith, but it didn't come up. When I searched wraith_king, it came up, but the PM still wouldn't send. Also, there is a slight programming error I think because when I wanted to send a PM to myself, and I didn't put a subject, it sent me back, but it had these------> around "subject". Those are suposed to make it bold I suppose, but it didn't work. That's not a biggy, just lettin' you know. Thanks so much!

Rivka says: the bolding thing is gone now. I just sent a PM to wraith_king with no problem. Are you sure you were spelling it right?

Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 10:00
Thank you so much for all the effort you put into this site!!!!! It is really a great place to be....:disco::disco::love::love:

For now I have only noticed to things -I am able to modify the realm of Vairë when I go to the member list and other places, though not a leader....
It says there is an error, but in a CoE'ly way, when I try to open the Cast List page:dizzy:
I hope it'll help!!!!:disco:
Thanks!!!!!!!!

Fixed

Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 11:01
In the forums, some threads show a black block to the right, and some text is placed where the Av should be.

Rivka says: This is due to bad html on the part of a user. Go through the thread deleting the signatures (edit to do this) until you find the culprit, and then contact them.

Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 01:48
There isn't any staff listed in the CoE Staff thing.
Thanks for getting Manwe back up and everything else.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 02:10
In the forums, some threads show a black block to the right, and some text is placed where the Av should be.

This is a problem with peoples signatures. I know its a pain but you need to go through and edit posts to remove signature until you find which one it is, then PM that person and ask them to check the HTML in their sig since its wrong.
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 04:15
There isn't any staff listed in the CoE Staff thing.

Actually you have to scroll down to the very bottom, there's a huge gap of empty space.
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 04:26
I'm randomly also getting the modify realm opition

Fixed

Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 04:34
An absolutely fantastic job. :love: Wonderful job Rivka and Veaglarwen. Thank you.

I love the Profile layout.

One little niggle. My name on the Nienna Realm Members List shows my registration date at 2004-01-05. I actually registered 2003-19-12. The date that shows, is when Bronwynn and myself took over leadership of the Realm. Could it possibly be altered. Thank you.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 05:01
The themes preview option doesn't seem to be available, at least through the My Account page.

Fixed

shirehobbit
Hobbit at Heart
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 05:38
Two things...

At the moment, I seem to be set up as a Mod instead of Vana Realm Leader. I'm allowed access to the Mod Forums (I think), but I'm not allowed the Modify Realm option.

Also (and this isn't as important) how am I supposed to access my private avatar pool?
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 06:03
Also (and this isn't as important) how am I supposed to access my private avatar pool?

It seems to be gone through the "Change your info" option, but you can get to it through "upload avatar".
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 07:00
One little niggle. My name on the Nienna Realm Members List shows my registration date at 2004-01-05. I actually registered 2003-19-12. The date that shows, is when Bronwynn and myself took over leadership of the Realm. Could it possibly be altered. Thank you.

That date is correct--we have registration dates for the realms in place and they are seperate than your actual registration date. This is to keep track of how long a member has been apart of a specific realm.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 07:00
One of my friends(that i asked to get logged into CoE) has not gotten an e-mail back for her password in a week. She has tried twice and she still can't get on.
Please try to find the problem.Thanks!
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 07:09
Legadriel - have her contact [email protected]
Nan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 12:16
OK I dont have access to the "modify realms" thing anymore.
but it looks like the list of todays birthdays is still missing.

Yay! almost everything is working!
Nauma
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 01:36
First off- three cheers for the hard-working Rivka and her staff! :love:

On the members tab in my Realm, I can see the names, but when I try to link to the profiles from them, I get a page that says "Bad arguments for API function".

Fixed

Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 01:58
This has happened to me a couple times now:

When I'm logged in, and click a link in a post (to the Encyclopedia, for example), it takes me there OK. But, when I close the window that clicking the link opened, especially if I've followed another link from it, I get logged out of the site. Also, the new window doesn't recognize me as being logged in, but opens with the default theme and the "join our site" link in the upper left corner.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 02:42
morwin have you tried checking your cookies... go to tools then internet options and choose the general tab, delete your temporary cookies and temporary internet files. then go to security and privacy and see they are both set to medium. If this doesnt work then post again
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 06:43
Make sure you click "Remember Me." I can't say this enough. If you are having log out problems, then make sure you click that.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 07:11
I don't know if this will work or not, but I have been unable to post replies to my RPG thread in "Totally Tolkien". I just says that an internal error has occured and to report it. But posting in our OOC thread was all right. Thanks for all of your hard work! :love:
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 07:38
Niere, when it says that, it's because you put some text that is not allowed (the server thinks you're a hacker). Make sure you don't have anything that is in forward slashes just/like/this.

Also, if you don't have anything like that in what you're trying to post, then try just a simple test post with only the word test. If it works, then you know that there's something in your previous text entry that is not allowed.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 08:33
Again, thanks for all your hard work.

I don't seem to be able to access the 'Cast List'

404 Error Message:
Page Not Found on http://www.councilofelrond.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're sorry. The page you requested, http://www.councilofelrond.com, doesn't exist on " Council of Elrond "

This is the message I get on the page that appears, together with a 'text' box and other information.

Fixed

Caunwaith
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 02:57
A friend who is a member of CoE reports that she is unable to log in. Could you please check on it? Her s/n is billyboydluvr25.

Thanks for all the hard work,

Caunwaith
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: June 03, 2004 03:21
she should contact [email protected] telling me exactely what happens when she tries to log in. she should include her user name and the e mail she registered with.
Niere
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 06:50
Um, Rivka? This is Niere, with the same problem of not being able to post in my RPG thread. I did what you suggested about posting a short phrase, and it worked. Then, I typed everything out without anything the comp might object to (no italics, bold, or slashes), and it still didn't work. Also, HTML is turned off, and does that mean anything? I'm sorry if I'm a nuisance, but this is really frustrating and I'm kind of on a time limit. Thanks again!
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 07:59
Please send me an email ([email protected]) that contains the exact text of what you were trying to type in -- the best way to do that would be to type it in first into the forum, copy it, and _then_ hit submit. If it goes through, then don't contact me. If it doesn't go through, then paste it into an email to me.
haldir_of_lorien
King of the Dead
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 01:15
I have a problem with changing the time zones in the forum. When I try to change it, it messes up my avatar and it doesn't change the time.

~Haldir

Should be fixed.

[Edited on 6/6/2004 by Rivka]
Ranewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 01:57
I'm having trouble changing the time zone thing in my profile. I've set it for -4:00 in my account but every time I try to change it in my profile in the forums it goes back to -8:00. I tried switching it to others, like -1:00, and that worked, but it won't go to -4:00. However, mine doesn't affect the avatar, like Haldir's. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Also,while we're on the subject, does that affect just my computer or does it affect what everyone sees? What exactly does it do?

Fixed

Rivka says: It just affects what you see. It's so you can see the posting times in _your_ time, rather than on the server's time, which is set to PST.

[Edited on 6/6/2004 by Rivka]
slayer9649
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 06:01
The PM's seem to have a tiny problem. All of my quotation marks appear with a back-slash in front of them. That makes for some fun reading, huh? Also, it won't give you new paragraphs anymore. *shrugs*

All things considered, you deserve a dozen roses and a big round of applause, Rivka. :cheers:

Thanks for your hard work,
Patricia Pleasant
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email