Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1516171819Last >>
Author Topic:
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Started off on Hong Kong, now US server.

WiFi and WLAN seem to be pretty much synonymous. To quote Wikipedia: "Such an access point (or hotspot) has a range of about 20 meters (66 feet) indoors ..."
Distance between my WLAN router and my notebook is about 9 feet. But that means that the connection to a server is via the telephone cable. So ...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Definitely contact your electric supplier, just to make sure. They could be charging you extra for the accidental server jumping.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Hong Kong, Europe, Hong Kong, Europe - and currently response times are extremely tiresome, running to minutes!
Enough of this garbage for today, heading for bed

[Edited on 06/26/2014 by Gandolorin]
Melahny_oftheWoods
Council Member
Send Message
I can't access my profile. This message appears when I click on the edit profile button: Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 132

Could anyone help me out with this?
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I get the same thing, Melahny. You may have tried to upload an avatar that was above the 80 by 80 pixel size like I did. It'll get fixed eventually.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, so I try to click on someone's profile, and it leads me here:http://www.councilofelrond.com/imagegallery/members/122821/ Is this normal, or is it just me?

[Edited on 06/29/2014 by elven_fencer]

[Edited on 06/29/2014 by elven_fencer]
ImageImage
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
The staff know of the issue. It will be addressed.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
The excercises in the Quenya workbook arent working for me. I tried to do what it said to do but it didnt work. HELP!!!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
@ owlhunter21 - a triple post .... does this mean you're a triple threat? Unfortunately, removing the extras kinda halved your total post count, but there's always tomorrow. LOL

Love your name btw.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
Owlhunter, I suggest contacting our Quenya admin, Malinorne.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
owlhunter21
Council Member
Send Message
thanks noleme
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
elven_fencer, you were trying to look at Maxie's profile and there's a problem with it. Even she can't see it. Try this:
http://www.councilofelrond.com/members-list/user/122821/
It gives an error for Maxie but works for most other members. You have to replace the number though. See the thread called Members list FIX to find out how.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Well, the first link didn't work, but I tried the Members fix, and that did work. So thanks!
ImageImage
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
So I went to change my avatar, but I think my image link was wonky. Now I can't access the "edit profile" page at all. D= I just get an error message:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 132

I have no idea what that means or how to fix it. >_<
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Unfortunately, this has happened to a couple of members. It would appear they were trying to upload an avatar that was more than 80x80 pixels. The admins are aware of the problem and it's on the fix-it list.
Ireth_Telrunya
Council Member
Send Message
Aah, yeah, that'd be it. I forgot the site didn't automatically resize stuff. ^^; Whoops.
Far over the Misty Mountains cold, to dungeons deep and caverns old. We must away ere break of day, to claim our long forgotten gold.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
It'll get fixed soon, Ireth.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Online Users isn't working. It says five members online but when you click on it it shows zero users.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Cenor said:I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Online Users isn't working. It says five members online but when you click on it it shows zero users.

Yes, same odd behavior here.
tarcolan
Send Message
Seems OK today, apart from multiple Gandos of course.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Well it started working today. There's always multiple Gandos.
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, in fact it went back to "normal" later on August 17. But I still refuse to accept my user behaving like bacteria as normal! Image
tarcolan
Send Message
You're not the only epidemiological example Gando.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
tarcolan said:You're not the only epidemiological example Gando.

You mean multiple posts? Yes, I found one in I-forget-what-thread today. May be trespassing on Lindarielven's copyright. Image
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Hello all, I had no chance whatsoever to get on the site yesterday, anyone else?
And Users Online is blank right now.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I couldn't get on yesterday either. It looked like the internet had no record of CoE, like it had been deleted. But it is here now! So I don't care.
elven_fencer
Council Member
Send Message
Same problem here. No clue why, but it's back now, obviously.
ImageImage
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
This may have been said before but the map doesnt work, and it sounds cool.
And i want to look at it
and im upset because i cant
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
rhodilwen
Council Member
Send Message
I get email updates for several threads, but when I click on the link in the email it takes me to this page http://www.councilofelrond.com/dictionary/thread/36265/ instead of to the actual thread page. Anyone else have this problem? It happens on both my computer and my iphone.
The men of the east may spell the stars/ and times and triumphs mark/ But the men signed with the cross of Christ/ go gaily in the dark- G.K. Chesterton ~Member of the Realm of Ulmo~ http://clairembanschbach.wordpress.com/
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
A random redirect! Yes! I always get sent to Gallery, rhodil.
tarcolan
Send Message
Not random. Pity the poor little server. It can't find the link so it looks up the word 'thread' in the dictionary instead. That's so sweet. It thinks it's people.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Ah yes. And the poor little Hong Kong server has taken such a liking to me that it replicates itself as me in Users Online with almost every one of my mouse-clicks? Image
Well, that proves one thing, anyway: it hasn't got a life yet! Image
Lukiaartimis
Council Member
Send Message
My submitted quenya excerises have been deleted I think do to the error. Should I just do them again and re-submit?
Lukiaartimis
Council Member
Send Message
Oops never mind. Sorry, still new.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Response time has been a bit slow the last few days. And one time I had a disconnect with a server error message and was not able to reconnect.
<< First1516171819Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email