Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1718192021Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Could your friend have been blacklisted and cannot log in to their account, or even get to the page? I think that happened to Legolas23 awhile back.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, that's right Maxie, L23 had an issue. Well, I hope he can log on soon.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you! Thank you thsnk you thank you to the CoE!

My profile has been fixed after a yeaqr and a half of avatar absense! I have a new sig and a new avi! I am incredible thankful to the staff of CoE and Sundown, who worked for a long time on his own time to see if he could find a solution to the problem.

Hannon le!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Good to see that your profile is fixed Maxie. They say patience is a virtue . As you said the Staff and Sundown did a great job helping you out.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Sorry about the outages everyone, Rivka has been tidying things up and moving the site to a new server, which sometimes leads to glitches like lost posts and down time. We'll be checking the site over to make sure it's functioning properly. If you come across any problems (apart from the ones already mentioned) please post them here.

I have no idea how you got your profile back Maxie . Maybe the old server had a problem with our software. Anyway, all's well that makes no never mind, as my old gaffer used to say.

[edit] I spoke too soon. I've just noticed that a warning message is still issued regarding the avatar. I haven't tried changing my avatar and I don't think I'll bother, just in case.

[Edited on 03/15/2015 by tarcolan]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Either way, I am glad to be back. I will be keeping my avi for a long time, just in case, as well.
Council Member
Send Message
I'm glad you got that all straightened out, Maxie, since I find the "keyhole" avvie kind of boring. As for me, the only time I change my avatar is when my favorite character changes, and I've had the same favorite for two years (and counting), so I won't be changing it any time soon (and I don't use very many avatars featuring the younger version of Thorin), which is why I'll never play the Hobbit, Hobbit, Smaug game.

As for me, I finally figured out how to add a reply with smileys (until I figured this out, I always used the "Quick Reply" option on the bottom, since that's where the reply button is on other forums).

[Edited on 03/17/2015 by Lady Oakenshield]
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
My friend in The Netherlands told me his logging in issue resolved itself the other day. Perhaps it did have something to do with the new server.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Well this is odd... I can't see any images in the gallery. I wanted to check out some of the maps on here that I saw a while back, but when I click on the image it just comes up with the text (ie submitted: 2011 by: whoever etc etc). I tried some more but no picture. I don't recollect anyone saying anything about this before either, so I'm not sure what is going on.

I thought I may need a plug in like java or something, but that doesn't seem to make sense, and my laptop usually says if that is the case...
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
The staff are already aware of the issue, and Rivka has been notified. But thanks for reporting it anyway.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Ah okay cool. Thanks.
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Ummm...my avatar is not working I'm getting this:

Warning: getimagesize() [function.getimagesize]: Unable to access /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttp://www.councilofelrond.com/?attachment_id=190531 in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 127

Warning: getimagesize(/home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/uploadshttp://www.councilofelrond.com/?attachment_id=190531) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/councilo/public_html/wp-content/plugins/profile-builder-pro/premium/functions/premium.functions.load.php on line 127

every time I try to change it. Help!
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
The main reason members have difficulty in uploading avatars is the size. I don't know what size avatar you're trying to use but the maximum size is 80X80 and the programme is pretty unforgiving if you exceed it.

I gather you haven't been locked out of the profile page like maxie was.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That is the exact same message that I got, Cenor. Sorry.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Oh no Cenor... The force of avatar evil is upon you!!
tarcolan
Send Message
'The Curse Of The Avatars' coming to your profile soon.
I hoped this problem had gone away when we moved server. Sorry Cenor, can't do anything about it at the moment.
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Okay, no problem...we needed another blank avi to take over the role that Maxie left behind...at least I can still change my sig!

I thought it got ticked off that I tried a larger picture to see if it would re-size again (my previous avi re-sized which I thought was a miracle) but I tried again today with the right sized picture and it gave me the same message times four.

Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
At least you can access the "My Account" thing as a whole. I was barred completely from it as a whole for over a year. Maybe it will fix itself.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
I think the date is off... I posted this on April 21st, not April 20th...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
18:26 hours (6:26 PM) Central European Daylight Savings time posts as ...

10:26

PM puts us in central Asia; not likely.
AM is either Mountain DS time or Pacific non-DS time.
Seems the posts are given the time stamp of the new server, meaning I could post at least until 7:59 (AM) on day x here and still get a time stamp 11:59 PM day x minus 1.

[Edited on 04/21/2015 by Gandolorin]
Edhelharn
Council Member
Send Message
I tried to change my avatar (foolishly, it seems) and now it's not showing up... it's not because the file's too big or anything, because it's only 52 KB.
Image Image Love is the strongest force the world possesses - Mahatma Gandhi
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Sorry for the trouble Edhelharn It is not necessarily the file size that causes the problem, it is the actual size of the avatar. This site only accepts 80x80 pixels, no larger for it to work here. Checking the files sizes of most people's avatars seems to be that they are in the range of 3 KB up to the teens so it would seem that 52 is still considerably larger than avatar file sizes. Hopefully, there will be a resolution soon.

[Edited on 04/26/2015 by Dolwen]
tarcolan
Send Message
The profile software resizes images anyway but it seems to be getting upset while uploading an image. You can use an outside link instead and it will be resized to 80x80 (I've just tried it and it works ). Delete your avatar first and then put the direct html address of the image where it says 'Avatar URL'. Normally it points to the blank jpg on this site.

If you are using Firefox right click on Dolwen's avi and select View Image info, you'll see that's it's an external link and the size is 80x80. Do the same with my avi and it's 200x200, resized by the profile software to 80x80.

[Edited on 04/26/2015 by tarcolan]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
The avatar thing is very touchy, though, and given my experience, I do not ever think that I will give the resizing feature a run to its money...when I Googled to get my current avatar, I simply typed "Thranduil Avatar" in Google images and a whole slew of 80x80 avatars came up, ready for use. Try that as well.
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
I changed the email address on "my account", but I have not received any emails for threads I have subscribed to. At the moment I am only subscribed to one thread (had a clear out), but before I changed my email it was fine. What shall I do?
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
I don't think there is anything you can do honestly. I know most disagree but I don't think it works for everyone. I have never once received an e-mail from CoE since the change in site happened 3 years ago even though I have also subscribed to notices from threads. They aren't going to spam, they just don't come. Not sure why it happens, seems to be random but I haven't found a way to fix it yet.
NenyaGold
Send Message
I, too, have subscribed to threads and haven't received notices since the big site change. (Was that three years ago??? ) I just figured no one was... Wonder why some do and some don't...
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Oh... looks like I may be missing my turn on 21 questions a few more times...
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Maybe it is your email provider? I use Gmail and have no problems
NenyaGold
Send Message
We've had Comcast since well before the site change, but it's always possible it has something to do with it. I've just subscribed to this thread to see if maybe something has changed since the newest server move.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
You never know. I had problems when I first joined under a school email and Time Warner. Now I use Gmail and have Verizon FiOS and all is well. Technology is tricky.
Elnath
Council Member
Send Message
I too am having trouble with my avatar. Got the same message Cenor did.
I tried the direct link but I think I am doing it wrong.
Annog nin daf pladan tele ci?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Unfortunately the programme is very fussy. If you try to upload an avatar that is larger than 80x80 pixels, the programme has a hissy fit and goes on "lockdown". Once you've got the dreaded message you're out of luck as far as correcting the problem. There doesn't seem to be any way around it.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Gandolorin said:Well, well, well, I'm on a US server today. Let's see what that does to my "multiple users" issue. I believe to remember that that was NOT an issue whe I was occasionally on EU or US servers. Ve schalll ssee.

No "multiple users" on 09 Jan into early 10 Jan CET.
And now the second login in a row with a US server. On va voir.

[Edited on 01/11/2015 by Gandolorin]

And as of login today, that §$%&?߀@#µ Hong Kong server again!!!!!

And seven of me by current count!

[Edited on 05/21/2015 by Gandolorin]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Seven angry Gando's... O.O

Maybe there can be an article put up on the homepage about avatar sizes? Some people- and I was one of them- do not see the 80 x 80 message on the actual page. Or maybe include it in the "Welcome to the CoE!" PM.
<< First1718192021Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email