Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2324252627
Author Topic:
Manberu
Council Member
Send Message
Hello,

I have an issue and have tried contacting the staff but I keep getting an error message when submitting the contact form.

itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Article"

Strangely, profiles don't allow for messaging members directly.

[Edited on 12/12/2019 by Manberu]
Lord_Sauron
Council Member
Send Message
Hello Manberu are able to use your inbox to send messages? If so I suggest that you send a private message to tarcolan he may be able to assist you.
Good luck
Manberu
Council Member
Send Message
Lord_Sauron said:Hello Manberu are able to use your inbox to send messages? If so I suggest that you send a private message to tarcolan he may be able to assist you.
Good luck

Thanks, I'll try that.
limwencaevudoriel
Council Member
Send Message
When I log in, I am directed to a blank screen with the URL "http://www.councilofelrond.com/dashboard/". Is this happening to anyone else? Thanks!
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Yeah, I get that too. Just click on your link to CoE again and it will come up with you logged in.

I wonder if tarcolan can fix it... I'll send him a note.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Yes, I get the same thing and as Nenya said, just click my CoE link again and I'm logged in on the regular page.
NenyaGold
Send Message
I understand it's being look into today.
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
I believe it was due to a setting in the Stop Spammers plugin - can you please test again and report back?
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
NenyaGold
Send Message
I just got the same blank screen...

Here's the URL that shows up:

http://www.councilofelrond.com/dashboard/
Rivka
Send Message
Where are you logging in from? What specific page (give me the URL)?
NenyaGold
Send Message
On the Home Page in the bottom left corner where it says

Register
Would you like to become a site member? You can register or login here. The word "here" sends me to this link:

http://www.councilofelrond.com/login

Rivka
Send Message
Okay, *now* it's fixed. Sorry, for some reason the bug wasn't occurring on my account, I guess because of my user level.
NenyaGold
Send Message
YAY! Thank you, Rivka!
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
There seems to be a problem with posting BBCodes. If you use a code, and press "submit" you get a message: BBCode [img in comment.

When you return to your post, it doesn't look as though the post has been submitted. However, if you go out to menu, and then back in again, you will find that it actually has been submitted.

I've only just noticed this the last few times I've been on line so I'm not sure when the problem started.
NenyaGold
Send Message
I just posted bold and italics in our realm and it worked just fine. I'm trying it here.

Using the prefab coding above does it still work?

Or do you mean specifically for including a photo?

I just tried posting a photo and got the same error as ES did, but even though it doesn't return you to the thread like normal, it does post after you go out and back in from the main forum. Weird...

[Edited on 04/07/2021 by NenyaGold]
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
I was online between 11:00 and 13:00 PDT on the 27th of August and had issues with the loading times of both threads and posts whilst in the Vairë Realms threads. On several occasions I was flagged with the message: net/http: timeout awaiting response headers

Oddly enough, the Games threads, and this thread, loaded fine.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
It's good to see some things have been fixed here! Clicking on someone's name actually takes me to their profile instead of the weird guy with the cardboard cutout, lol.

I still get the login screen after logging in using the top of the forum telling me I need to 'enable cookies', but I just go to the 'Forum' link in the menu and It loads with me logged in.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
The profile page has yet to be fixed so that members can upload, or change, banners.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
So today I get a 'spambot' block on my account. Seriously? I've bene here since 2003. I had to log out, clear my browser cache, and log back in. Hopefully this will post without me getting that again.

Edit: it seems to ask the whole spambot question requiring the hoops be jumped through about every 4th post. Irritating.

[Edited on 10/17/2022 by Hanasian]
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
The spam bot issue has been around for a while, and only seems to kick in when you import something linked to a different site.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Evil~Shieldmaiden said:The spam bot issue has been around for a while, and only seems to kick in when you import something linked to a different site.

Except I wasn't. I believe Tarcolan has fixed the issue for me as it hasn't happened since they addressed it.
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to change my signature, but can’t see a way to do that. I have changed my signature in the past, but that was years ago.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
NenyaGold
Send Message
Click on "My Account" at the very top of this page where you see "My Account", "Elrond's Library", etc. You should be able to change it there. Be sure to click "Update" at the bottom of the page when you're finished.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post Editing Signature
on: December 25, 2022 06:19
NenyaGold said:Click on "My Account" at the very top of this page where you see "My Account", "Elrond's Library", etc. You should be able to change it there. Be sure to click "Update" at the bottom of the page when you're finished.

I checked my 'My Account' link at the top of the page and I don't have a 'Signature' option. I have these:
Name
Username*
First Name
Last Name
Nickname*
Display name publicly as
Contact Info
E-mail*
Website
AIM
Yahoo IM
Jabber / Google Talk
About Yourself
Biographical Info
Password
Type your password.
Repeat Password
Type your password again.

I can't seem to find anywhere to edit signatures either.
NenyaGold
Send Message
Well, that's weird. Since that is where it's always been, I didn't think to look to see if it was still there. Thanks, Hanasian, for pointing it out. I'll PM tarcolan and see if he knows where it's hiding or if it's gone for good. Maybe we're stuck with what we have...

Happy Holidays, Everyone!
NenyaGold
Send Message
Turns out it's been that way for years now. It probably won't be fixed since tarc doesn't have access to that bit of the site.

Thanks tarc!
Elfeawen Lomiondil
Council Member
Send Message
Thank you for the reply. Fortunately, I do like my signature. Just wanted to change it up now and then. Thank you for looking into it.
"There shall be war between the Children of Iluvatar and the Ainu Melko. What if we perish in our quest? The dark halls of Vê be little worse than this bright prison" ~ Fëanor
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I thought I would do something different and report something that has just in the last couple weeks started to work right! It had been for years when I logged in, it would take me to an 'error' screen, and I would have to click the 'forum' in the menu to get my logged in butt to the forums. Well, the last few times I logged in at the top of the forum, it actually logs me in and sends me back to the forum! yay!

- - - - - - - - -

Edit: I probably shouldn't have said anything. Today it was back to telling me that cookies are blocked on my browser (they are not). Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

[Edited on 01/29/2023 by Hanasian]
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
Nothing worse than a frisky spambot Hanasian. I was testing the various ways of logging in and got blocked; too many logins. I found that the login at the bottom of the left hand menu bar (on computer) is ok but only gives options to go to Profile or log out. The one in the right hand bar with the 'Stay logged in' check box works ok.You still need to hit 'Forums' though so not much better really.

For anyone else put off by the cookie warning just ignore it. And please don't make lots of attempts to log in at a time. If you get the Allow list request form make sure to include your username in the message so I can find you and add you to the list. Thanks.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Post Some General Observations
on: June 11, 2023 11:43
NenyaGold said:Turns out it's been that way for years now. It probably won't be fixed since tarc doesn't have access to that bit of the site.

I'm glad I have a good signature I guess. Other than that, everything seems to be working as good or better than it has over the last half-dozen years.

I took a wander through the other parts of the site and I had forgotten how much lore is archived in this Library of Imladris!

- - - - - -

Edit: I was wandering around the site and came across the 'RPG Characters" section. I made an attempt to add a character but it errored out with a 'wordpress' failure. Also noted that when I tried to submit again, it told me I had to be logged in. Apparently being logged in here doesn't log you in on the rest of the site. It gave me a 'Wordpress' login screen and I tried it, but it just returned me to the previous page without logging me in.

I don't expect anything to be done about it. It's just a general observation as I reminisce how cool this site was back in the day. On a good note, all the characters that have been entered are still accessible! Had a look a a few of them and some are really detailed!

[Edited on 06/12/2023 by Hanasian]
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
Me again. After wandering the site, I think 75% of the remaining issues could be fized by getting the Wordpress login to work. Maybe Netrix Creative could address this issue?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Speaking of login issues: the site was very fussy when I logged in with my new tablet.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
I found out that if I log in here using the top of the forum, then go to the RPG Characters list and click on the link that says I need to be logged in to comment, and log in on the Wordpress pop-up, I stay logged in here on the forum and don't get told that 'cookies need to be enabled'. Cant comment on or edit my characters as it continues to say I need to be logged in there, but it does erase a speedbump here on the forum.
<< First2324252627
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email