Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Something not working?
on: June 15, 2004 04:54
One teensy-weensy bitty thing that I found: when you are trying to start a new topic, above the subject line it says something about who can post and stuff, and it just happens to have the word "and" twice. That's it! Just letting you know :love:
Gimli_and_Gollum
Superdwarf
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 12:58
I noticed today that i had 76 pms in my box, and unless it changed it was suppose to limit me to 75... lol! I deleted some anyways, but I thought I'd let you know about it.
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 04:46
I keep trying to post on the thread RAngers in the shire, and I keep getting a message saying internal error 500.
I can post on others, but not that one.
Also, I have tried to pm other members and I get the same internal error message.
lyrae_archeress
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 01:30
This may not be seen, but I noticed there isn't a password to get into chat any more.
Can that be fixed or is that normal?
indianna
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 04:19
I tried again to post in the ' Rangers in the shire' thread and i got the same error message. I tried to pm other people and i again, and error message. I copied it so you could see what is happening:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.31 Server at www.councilofelrond.com Port 80
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 03:30
but I noticed there isn't a password to get into chat any more

Yes this is normal. If you are registered with chat (that is, if your chat user name is protected) then when you get into chat just type

/msg nickserv identify PASSWORD

where "password" is your password

Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 11:08
I tried again to post in the ' Rangers in the shire' thread and i got the same error message.
I swear we've said this about 10 times in this thread--possibly more--maybe less but no-doubt more than we should need to.

If you get an Internal Server error, there's nothing we can do about it unless we know exactly what you were doing before hand. That means we need to see the exact text you were trying to post.

So, here's what to do if you get an internal server error--

1)E-MAIL Rivka the exact text of what you were trying to post--do not change it in any form. Otherwise it might work and we won't know what the problem was.

2)Know you may not get a reply, but its a problem we're trying to work on as long as you actually help us out by emailing that text.

This applies to anyone having an issue similar to this.
lindele
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 02:28
For some reason, the journal isn't letting me post an image. It's a jpg, so it should show up, but all I get is the little white box with the x. Thanks!!

Rivka says make sure it's not overly large in either file size or width/height. And make sure it's in .jpg or .gif format.

[Edited on 26/6/2004 by Rivka]
ElenaTheWarrior
Journals Moderator
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 10:56
When I try to get into the journals, it links me to the "Problem in Database Connection" PostNuke page. Is everyone having this problem or is it just my comp?

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Journal&file=index
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 12:10
I'm not having a problem getting into the Journals... Just so you know, Elena.

[Edited on 5/18/2007 by NenyaGold]
ElenaTheWarrior
Journals Moderator
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 06:51
Thanks Nenya That's all I needed to know
: Grumbles : Now I shall have to see about fixing my computer..
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 06:32
If you see things like that--Problems Connecting to the Database type things--just try back in 10 minutes. Sometimes the networks bottleneck and all we can do is wait for it to clear up. Its likely nothing wrong with your own computer.
Nyérëven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 01:44
Hey!

Sorry if I'm being an idiot but as I clicked the "games forum" on the drop down menu, a white screen came up that said

Fatal error: Unknown function: pnmodgetname() in /home/councilo/public_html/includes/pnAPI.php on line 1219

What that means I do not know! But it happened several times, until eventually it let me in. Is this my computer or the site? Just thought I'd mention it!

Have a great day--and mods/admins/Rivka--you are muchly appreciated! I love this site to death and don't know what I'd do without it!

~Rev
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 02:07
I was working on something. It's fixed now.

Note to all of you: if you run into a problem, wait a little while, and try again. If you keep getting it, then report it. Often, I'm in the middle of fixing something, or it's just a temporary glitch, and if you're patient, it will already be fixed by the time you come to report it. There's no point to reporting it if it fixes itself or just happens once.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 04:27
Thank you Rivka!!! I had the same problem with signing in, but I got through it in a couple minutes. Thank you for informing us of that!!!!

~Ven~
slayer9649
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 08:03
*sigh* All of my problems relate to the Private Messages.
I still get the same "blank" message whenever I click on the Next message . By the way, is the Previous Message supposed to work? It's never underlined, and does nothing.
Here's the "blank" message, again.

From Message

Subject: Sent: Jun 21, 2004 - 10:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous message | Next message
| Reply to this | Delete | Forward FriendsOtherSent MessagesInbox

Now that I've finally acquired a few friends who PM me, it'd be nice to go to the next message in line, instead of having to return to the Index every time. Even so, it's really not that big a deal. :] <== small smile (you don't have a smiley for a crooked smile)

Sorry, Rivka, about pestering you regarding this minor issue.

thanks again,
Patricia Pleasant

Should be fixed now

Celebrian_HalfElven
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 08:04
one kinda big thing, my main menu has disapeared a couple of days ago. i waited a bit to see if it was just a loading error but it still hasn't turned up.

thanks
Celebrian
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 08:39
Celebrian ~ While holding down the Alt (or Ctrl key I can never remember which), click the refresh button on your Internet Explorer with your mouse. That should bring the Main Menu back. Please let us know if this doesn't work though, ok?
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 11:39
I have mod access to the polls.
To clarify: I meant the poll on the front page. Next to the comments, I have a drop-down menu that lets me mark the comments as "troll" etc. On the bottom of the page, I have a button that says "moderate". I assume it's given me mod access.
Also, I think something is off on some of the threads. The last person that the main board page says posted isn't the person who actually posted last sometimes.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 11:48
The forum problem you are having isnt necessarily a problem. Sometimes if a user deletes their comment or a mod deletes it they are still shown as the last person to post but their comment is no longer there.

LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 12:57
Oh, thanks. I noticed that a bit after I posted, actually :banghead:, but had to leave before I had time to edit my post.
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 03:25
I have mod access to the polls.
To clarify: I meant the poll on the front page. Next to the comments, I have a drop-down menu that lets me mark the comments as "troll" etc. On the bottom of the page, I have a button that says "moderate". I assume it's given me mod access.

That's not moderator access. It's just a rating system similar to what is used at slashdot.org -- not really valid or necessary for our site, so just ignore it.
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 03:29
On my computer I don't get that thing on the side that lets you choose stuff like eCards and Newsletter. I think it is my computer. It used to have it but it isn't there anymore. On my other computer it works just fine though. So if you can tell me anything I could do I'd greatly appreciate it!
~Ven~
(edit)-It started before you even started the new programing.

[Edited on 23/6/2004 by ~Venora~]
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 03:33
On my computer I don't get that thing on the side that lets you choose stuff like eCards and Newsletter. I think it is my computer. It used to have it but it isn't there anymore. On my other computer it works just fine though. So if you can tell me anything I could do I'd greatly appreciate it!
~Ven~
(edit)-It started before you even started the new programing.

[Edited on 23/6/2004 by ~Venora~]

- Delete your temporary internet files (go to Tools-->Internet Options to do so)
- make sure you have javascript turned on for your browser
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 04:49
Hello again
I did what you said to do but it still didn't come up...Any more suggestions?
~Ven~
IluvSam!
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 12:13
Hi my problem is that i noticed that we got a new homepage. I love it, but whenever i sign on to my user name it always goes back to the old homepage! this really annoyes me so please tell me how i can fix it! Thank you so much for your time!
Trees,
Rosie Cotton:love:
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 12:17
do you mean the themes? colour schemes etc for the site?

You can change that by going to "my account" then "change theme" and then choosing a new one..
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 06:55
Not that important, but when I'm looking at member's websites and going to different pages if I try to use the little numbers the page doesn't change

Fixed

Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 07:22
Not that important, but when I'm looking at member's websites and going to different pages if I try to use the little numbers the page doesn't change

I think that would be a bug on our site, becasue that's been there for awhile.
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 07:01
All righty, I've gone through and fixed just about everything on the list. A few things:

- the Internal Server Error shouldn't be appearing anymore, or at least much less often. If you get it again, make sure you don't have anything in your text that contains forward slashes that/look/like/this.

- those of you not getting the Main Menu, is this still happening to you?

- please keep reporting any bugs or problems you may come across here
Nan
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 07:43
Yay! Three milion cheers for Rivka and The Council of Elrond!!!:love:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 09:50
When I'm logged in, and click a link in a post (to the Encyclopedia, for example), it takes me there OK. But, when I close the window that clicking the link opened, especially if I've followed another link from it, I get logged out of the site.

This still happens; clearing the cache or choosing "Remember Me" doesn't have any lasting effect. Instead, it seems to have something to do with pauses in activity on the boards; sometimes, the system kicks me out as "inactive" while I'm writing a long post (hint to others: before you hit "Post Reply" or "Preview", copy your long posts on the clipboard or into a word processor, if you don't want to lose it by accident).

I don't remember this happening before the update so, it might have something to do with it.
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 10:35
And you're absolutely certain that you're clicking "Remember Me" every time you login?

Can you give more info: what browser and version are you using? What operating system? Do you have a firewall installed?
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 07:49
Can you give more info: what browser and version are you using? What operating system? Do you have a firewall installed?

This has happened at least with these combinations: IE5.5 - Windows NT, and IE6 - XP Home (don't remember that it happened with IE6 - WinME, because I haven't used that computer much after the update). I do have a firewall (F-Secure) with which I've never had any problems; my security settings are at "normal" level, cookies are accepted.

I haven't always clicked "Remember Me" - doing it or not hasn't made any difference before - but yesterday I did (that's why I was so surprised to get this bug again), and yet got logged out while composing a long post that took some time to finish.

Note: It hasn't happened every time I've been here, just occasionally, and I now connect it to being seemingly inactive (in the way that, I've stuck on the same page for a long time).

[Edited on 29/6/2004 by Morwinyoniel]
~Mirimë~
Elf Maiden of Loríen
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 01:33
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but since the change I've gotten 4 unexplained user points, each after I've had points added for something else. For example on the "You have received points for the following things:" list I had 4 points for crosswords added to the list but 6 points were added to my total. This has also happened after getting points from other admins as well.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email