Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
Post RE: Something not working?
on: June 29, 2004 02:24
That might've been my mistake :blush: I think I might have given you 8 points by accident. Er I'll fix that. But it could have something to do with the site too since you say you get 4 extra points everytime someone gives you point(s).
Elbereth339
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 04:13
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, or if it's just my computer, which it probably is. Well, everything is supersized. Almost everything looks about 32 point type, and the backround colors and different. Anyone know what's up?
~Mirimë~
Elf Maiden of Loríen
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 12:59
But it could have something to do with the site too since you say you get 4 extra points everytime someone gives you point(s).

The amount of extra points is totally random... so it might just be a series of mistakes, I don't know...
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 01:17
I don't know if this is the right place to put this, or if it's just my computer, which it probably is. Well, everything is supersized. Almost everything looks about 32 point type, and the backround colors and different. Anyone know what's up?

Go change your theme. It sounds like you may have stumbled into where the UnderConstruction theme is being worked on.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 01:37
When I'm logged in, and click a link in a post (to the Encyclopedia, for example), it takes me there OK. But, when I close the window that clicking the link opened, especially if I've followed another link from it, I get logged out of the site.
This has been happening to me as well, with different browsers (Netscape, IE, Mozilla - all are latest versions), with both my PC and Mac that I use at the office (going on CoE only when I'm on break ). I tried everything already mentioned. I've learned also to copy and paste post replies onto Notepad before posting. I just thought it was simply due to my session being logged out due to inactivity, as it seems to happen when I'm writing long posts.

~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 04:42
ok, I've got two problems. First, the one I had above, the drop downlist still isn't showing and second, in the Gallery, the Posters and Ads section, none of the pictures show up on my computer. Probably is just my computer but if there is anything you could do, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!!
Ven
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 10:24
urm...I can`t seem to be able to get into the chat rooms. I usually can, but this time it came up with
"Unable to connect to server"

..Is this my computer`s fault, or is there something wrong..?
Thanks
*Star of Earendil*
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: July 06, 2004 11:32
urm...I can`t seem to be able to get into the chat rooms. I usually can, but this time it came up with
"Unable to connect to server"

..Is this my computer`s fault, or is there something wrong..?
Thanks
*Star of Earendil*
The chat server is not connected with CoE's server. You just have to wait and try back later.
Trishelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 01:33
I don't know if it's me, but when i remember when the site was working again after it was down a while ago (and all these problems started happening) I was checking my reviews for my fanfic and saw edit/delete buttons next to every review. I don't see it there anymore. I'm just asking because something happened with my computer and I said the same things 3 times and i wanted to delete it. Thanks Rivka!
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 10:32
this is really no big but I'm a little confused about something. When I post in a thread (that i created) in the OOC Forum (called: war of the ring for Newbies) it says my status if offline. But obviously, I am online. And all the threads i post in, it says I am online, it's just that one thread that seems to be having problems. I am confuzzled...did I do something???

[Edited on 9/7/2004 by AnironEllessar]
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 04:24
Errrr, well since I was made a leader and got my mod-powers *feeling godly* I have seen not only a special realm leader/admin forum, but also an admin forum and a mod forum -however I cannot enter neither of these and I'm guessing that I shouldn't be able to either. But if I shouldn't be able to enter I don't think I'm supposed to see the actual Forums on the Board Index either, so I'm guessing there's a mistake there:dizzy:
Moreover I'm able to also moderate the other forums as well -that must be a mistake too, or perhaps it isn't and you are just trusting our honesty -that we won't meddle in Forum-moderating in the forums that aren't ours to meddle in....
Well, I just thought I'd let you know anyways.....
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 10:55
This is just a small glitch, but: How reliable is the "Last Active" feature?

For me, it currently tells that I was last active on July 8, but I have posted after that date - I made a couple of posts on the 9th, and also posted yesterday when I was back after a few days' absence. And, at least yesterday, I used the same computer and browser I'm using now.
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 11:02
It seems like my Forums are going crazy :rolling:. I would be going through reading and some would have the avic. showing on the side the writing should be and where the writing should be the Avic. and all info below it would be. I remember this happend before quite awhile back. Is there something I can do to fix it , because if there is I don't remember .?????? Help. I can read everything but it is confusing :twitch:.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 11:38
Someone has a problem with their signature which is causing that particular thread to not load properly. If you can post here which thread it is occurring in and which poster is the first one to be wonky (the first to have the buttons that are normally below a regular post appear in the wrong place), then the mods can disable the signature and PM the member asking them to fix their signature.
Aiyana
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 06:13
I know this thread was created for the new site software problems, but I couldn't find the thread for general questions. What do I do if my computer can't connect to the server in the chat?
hobbitmom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 07:44
Someone has a problem with their signature which is causing that particular thread to not load properly. If you can post here which thread it is occurring in and which poster is the first one to be wonky (the first to have the buttons that are normally below a regular post appear in the wrong place), then the mods can disable the signature and PM the member asking them to fix their signature.

I'm so sorry I didn't get back with you about this, NenyaGold, but I was trying to find what you were asking. Every place I go I find at least One off post. It's really weired . The last few weeks I haven see any though. I will keep close watch this time and write every place I see this occurring.
Thanks .
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 08:24
Three points!

Firstly, why do I keep getting logged out? It's really annoying. It didn't happen before.

Secondly, Astra-Celestine has problems getting on the site - she might be lucky once or twice a week!

Both these problems were reported by email but there was o reply.
Rivka
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 08:55
Three points!

Firstly, why do I keep getting logged out? It's really annoying. It didn't happen before.

Are you checking Remember Me when you login? Make sure you don't have a firewall or other program that may be interfering with your cookies.

Secondly, Astra-Celestine has problems getting on the site - she might be lucky once or twice a week!

Without more information, we can't help her. What exactly is happening?

Both these problems were reported by email but there was o reply.

Some people are on vacation. Patience is a virtue.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: August 02, 2004 09:26
If you e mailed me- as in [email protected] i would definately have replied.

There is little i can do if you are an AOL user and have not set your e mail up to allow mail from me. AOL often blocks our e mail as spam- despite several e mails to the company explaining that i am not sending spam they refuse to change this, again there is little i can do about that.

If you continue to not recieve replies from me i suggest getting another e mail address that doesnt block CoE e mails.

As to your problems..

1. Try going to tools then internet options, go to the general tab, delete temporary cookies and temporary internet files, then go to security and privacy and see they are both set to medium. Restart your computer, when you sign in check the remember me box and if you still have problems contact me.

2. I suggest your friend e mails me, [email protected] with a detailed description of what problems she is getting, what error messages come up, weather shes always using the same computer, what her internet service provider is, what browser she is using and which country she is logging in from. All these will help me see if i can help, and help Rivka solve the problem if i cannot.

3. Again, i check my e mails every day. Be sure to put a proper subject in the subject box. If you dont get a reply within a couple of days try checking your junk mail to see if its been filtered in there.
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 06:29
If you e mailed me- as in [email protected] i would definately have replied.

There is little i can do if you are an AOL user and have not set your e mail up to allow mail from me. AOL often blocks our e mail as spam- despite several e mails to the company explaining that i am not sending spam they refuse to change this, again there is little i can do about that.

Well no, I wrote to rivka, as I think that was the address I used many moons ago.

I get all the email notifications, so I guess AOL doesn't block?

And I get logged out even when I'm using the board - today I was logged in when I went to read a post, and by the time it came up on my screen, I was logged out.

Astra-celestine seems to be having no problems atm.
Rivka
Send Message
on: August 04, 2004 07:21
Are you checking Remember Me when you login?

I don't recall getting the email. It's possible that my email viewed yours as spam, and was blocked.
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 08:19
Are you checking Remember Me when you login?

I don't recall getting the email. It's possible that my email viewed yours as spam, and was blocked.

Yes, Im sure you couldn't have received them. If I'd thought I could have used this to start with.

And the log-in is a concern because it logs me out when i'm just moving from page to page, or whenever I change screens (within the forum). I don't actually leave the site, it just suddenly reverts to pre-log in.
Rivka
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 08:25
I will ask for the third time Are you checking Remember Me when you login?
RosieT
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 10:51
I will ask for the third time Are you checking Remember Me when you login?

Sorry - yes I am. And the strange thing is that I switched off the PC last night, and when I came back today I am still logged in! And that's something (cookies) I've had a problem with for ages, on all sites, so being still logged in today was a major suprise!. I wasn't actually concerned with that as it's been a constant inconvenience, but one I got used to - it was the logging out in the middle of something which was more annoying - but it hasn't happened since I put the problem on this page! How weird is that??

Now I probably won't be able to get rid of you.

Thanks for your help on this.

[Edited on 7/8/2004 by RosieT]
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 11:59
i don't know if this is just my computer but my computer doesn't do anything if i press main menu. also when i clicked to go to humor it came yp with a error message.
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 12:06
what error message came up? you need to give as much information as possible for someone to be able to help you out.

What do you mean "press the main menu" do you mean that none of hte links in the menu are working for you?
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 12:10
sorry, well:
a) it comes up with:
"404 Error Message:
Page Not Found on http://www.councilofelrond.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're sorry. The page you requested, http://www.councilofelrond.com, doesn't exist on " Council of Elrond ""

b) when i click on the main menu block it doesn't do anything. it just acts like it's normal text.

i don't know if thats enough information for you but i'm not sure what else to say.
AranelOfLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 07:14
i have a link to www.joshgroban.com in my signature, but when you click on it, it says www.councilofelrond.com/www.joshgroban.com. How can I fix that?

thanks
Aranel
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 07:28
That should be simple. Take the 'www.councilofelrond.com/' and it should work. If not contact me. I like to call myself and expert with this kind of stuff
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 08:01
sorry, well:
a) it comes up with:
"404 Error Message:
Page Not Found on http://www.councilofelrond.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We're sorry. The page you requested, http://www.councilofelrond.com, doesn't exist on " Council of Elrond ""

b) when i click on the main menu block it doesn't do anything. it just acts like it's normal text.

i don't know if thats enough information for you but i'm not sure what else to say.

Ok i think what you need to do is contact me via PM, include all the information you can, it will be much easier than communicating via forum threads.

Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 11:39
i have a link to www.joshgroban.com in my signature, but when you click on it, it says www.councilofelrond.com/www.joshgroban.com. How can I fix that?

thanks
Aranel

Go back into "Change your info" and fix your link to read: "http://www.joshgroban.com" rather than having it begin "www".

If you don't include the "http://" at the beginning of the link, it's going to assume you're linking to something directly on CoE, and will insert "www.councilofelrond.com" on its own.
Ranewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 04:47
My friend sent me a pm, but when I pulled up the inbox, there was no link to open it, like no subject. Why did that happen and how can I fix it? Thanks much!
Rivka
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 06:23
That shouldn't happen -- a subject is required when you fill out the PM field. I'll dig into the database, and fix it for you.
Ranewen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2004 07:00
Aha! All better, thank you!
tuttleturtle
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2004 10:17
I didn't read through the thread so hope this isn't a repeat but I have to post before I have to go.

The Quenya name generator, or at least my name in it isn't working. I search Stephanie and it only says female version of Stephan (with Stephan a link) so I click that and it refreshes the page. Thanks
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email