Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
Post RE: Something not working?
on: August 23, 2004 02:14
I really don't know what I am doing, or doing wrong! I wanted to go into Chat for a club I am in, so I go to the Chat page. Next I pick a skin, Council Free, and Join. I accept the Pop-up message, and when I am in there It says "Register". So I go to the top of the page and click Register. I type in my CoE password and my real E-mail (The same one I used to be a member of this site). I click Submit, and another page comes up saying that I can go back to the Chat window to see an accepeted sign. I go back, only to see that I need to Register again! I'm sooo lost! Either that or my computer isn't working for it. I don't know.

If you can help me, Thanks a million!!! :hug:
Ven

[Edited on 24/8/2004 by ~Venora~]
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: August 25, 2004 05:45
venora, you have to accept the java window that comes up. Make sure you have the latest java plugin installed.
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: August 26, 2004 03:48
I do accept it every time. Do I just need to find the java website and download something? Thanks for the help, Veaglarwen! :hug:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 08:22
For some reason, I haven't been able to connect to CoE from the computer I usually use at home, although the connection worked perfectly yesterday. There were some updates to the XP today, and I wonder if they could have caused it - does anyone else have this kind of problem, and can something be done at the site to help? I'm posting this from my daughter's computer which has Win ME and is connected to the same line.

EDIT: OK, seems to have been a temporary glitch; anyway, I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had similar problems?

[Edited on 17/9/2004 by Morwinyoniel]
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: September 20, 2004 11:49
This old problem is back:
When I'm logged in, and click a link in a post (to the Encyclopedia, for example), it takes me there OK. But, when I close the window that clicking the link opened, especially if I've followed another link from it, I get logged out of the site.

This time, it had nothing to do with being inactive for too long. It happened twice, on two different computers, but both times by clicking the same link (the link to the Denethor article in Nienna-of-the-Valar's post on Sep 20 in this thread). Yet, the "Remember Me" thing seems to be on as a default nowadays?
k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 05:56
remember me is now on default, but its easy enough to turn it off if you dont want it on. If you do turn it off you may get logged off if you have two windows open at the same time etc.

Changing e mails has worked previously, you could try changing the e mail you have put in your real e mail section of your profile (just make sure that the one you change it to actually works in case the site needs to contact you for anything)

If that doesnt work try contacting the accounts admin explaining exactely what happens, with plenty of detail so she can work on it with you.
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 01:09
Venora, I don't think you need to download anything else. If you get the Java pop-up you probably already have Java.
I've heard somewhere the ~'s could cause a problem. You might want to try registering the chat nickname Venora, no ~'s. From the Basic Chat Help: "Click the register button, fill in the password and your e mail- this has to be a real e mail. Make sure that when you are registering you are using the name you wish to register."
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: September 21, 2004 11:35
remember me is now on default, but its easy enough to turn it off if you dont want it on. If you do turn it off you may get logged off if you have two windows open at the same time etc.

That's just the point - I got logged out despite having "Remember Me" on. And, it happened with just one special link. :banghead:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: September 22, 2004 12:22
LadyEowyn, ~'s aren't much of a problem. They just don't show up in the chat is all, neither with those special accents. Either way, when she enters chat, her nick will be Venora. And you can register up to five nicks, and after 45 days without identifying yourself, they become unregistered.

k
Cavegirl
Send Message
on: September 23, 2004 03:43
Morwinyoniel its very very difficult to sort out this kind of problem through the forums. I strongly advise you to first do what i suggested in my previous and post secondly if that doesnt work.. to contact the accounts admin of the site. Give as many details as possible.... its no good saying "it doesnt work" explain how, when, etc etc. The more info we have the easier the problem will be to solve.

To contact accounts e mail [email protected] Please be sure to include a clear title... CoE problems or something like that as anything looking like spam will probably be removed without being read.

Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: September 23, 2004 01:13

That's just the point - I got logged out despite having "Remember Me" on. And, it happened with just one special link. :banghead:

Please go ahead and send [email protected] an email, repeating what you said, and I will test it out. I have been able to repeat the issue by doing what you said, and it gives me a few ideas, but I'd like it in writing from you in email please.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 02:22
Thanks, I'll do that.
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 03:57
I can edit anyone's posts in threads I've started, and only in threads I've started. I don't seem to have any other unusual access.
Also, when I go to my profile and click "Search For All Posts by This User", it shows all threads I've started as replies, not topics.

Edit: Have become a realm leader since posting.

[Edited on 26/9/2004 by LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan]

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan]
Alagos
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 12:27
I have a little problem...I posted a thread in my Realm Forum...and I just noticed I have the edit option for every user that posts,not only for myself, only in this thread. Is it because I posted it or it is an error?...I didn't try to edit anything that didn't belong to me
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: October 02, 2004 12:51
Thanks for the heads up on that, Alagos. That was an intentional feature in the forum code (why, I don't know), and I just removed it.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
AnironEllessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 08:22
Hey, I posted this problem a long time ago, and, I'm still having the same problem. On some threads, when I post, it says my status as offline. But obviously, I am online, and in other threads it says online. I guess that's not really a problem, but it kinda bugs me....if you could let me know? Thanks.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: October 08, 2004 08:46
Yeah, it happens here and there. Nothing to worry about. Probably just a bug in the software. :love:
Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
on: October 09, 2004 08:32
I just received a CoE e-card in my PM box, and the sent date displayed is Dec 31, 1969.
Not a big problem, of course!
GlorfirithAnnun
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 04:26
I think I read through all the pages and stuff but I may have missed one (I have no idea why I didn't just go in order) but all of my times in the forums have my birth date instead of the time that the posts were made and it's really bugging me. Is there something I have checked that caused this?
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: October 15, 2004 02:14
Someone else had the same problem a while ago, and made a thread about it. Someone there suggested one explanation; maybe that would be some help.
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 16, 2004 04:57
The last poster in the book club and in this thread is displayed as rcp, but no user named rcp seems to have posted. I woud think rcp just posted then deleted it, but I'm sure I just posted and it didn't show up!
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 05:30
I think someone reported this same thing some time ago: When I opened CoE in my laptop just a while ago, the font was huge, except for the links, although the text size in my browser is set to "medium". It returned to normal when I refreshed the page. But, the site also seems to be running slower than usually, and once again, I couldn't get here at all from my desktop. (That's probably the computer's fault, though.)

And, just when I tried to post this, I got "Page Not Found" so, is there something up with the server?
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 07:02
All servers have issues occasionally -- we sometimes get hit by search engine spiders, and sometimes they overwhelm the system. Other times, if we send out mass emails, that can also slow things down...
Dream~Giver
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 01:59
This may not be a major problem, but it's bothering me. I wasn't able to see the Main Menu on the left for a few days now. I tried everything: disconnecting, logging off, restarting the computer, etc.
Thanks!
~Dream~
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 07:26
Clean out your temporary internet files (Tools-->Options-->Delete Files). Also, holding down shift, and pressing the refresh button will often fix that problem as well.
slayer9649
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 04:24
I've tried 3 times, this afternoon and evening to submit a General News story. I click on the preview and it takes me back to the Home page. I've cleaned out my cookies, and the drop down lists of my browser. My history and temp internet files are automatically cleaned out whenever I close my browser. I've tried rebooting, to no avail. :banghead: Now what do I do, other than mention the problem here?

Since I'm not after any points, I won't be upset if someone else gets a copy of it posted before me. Just thought you might have an inkling of what might be wrong, Rivka.

Thanks for all of your good work,
Patricia
Rivka
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 06:41
There's a bit of code on the site that prevents you from doing any hacking -- it's a little squidgy, to be honest, and sometimes even though what you may be doing is completely harmless, it thinks you're hacking. I'd recommend trying to rewrite whatever you're submitting, and try again -- it may take a few times until you get it just right...
Celedë_Anthaas
Stargazer of Ithilien
Send Message
on: October 26, 2004 06:55
I hope this hasn't been posted before!

At the Middle Earth section, the three newest articles ("The Vanyar, elves of Valinor", "Fëanor; and alternative view" and "The Half-elven and their ancestry") still have the little red 'new!' sign, even though they were added weeks ago.

Not a big problem, but it's a bit annoying.
Thanks for your help!
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 07:42
Now when we changed from summer time back to the normal time, I also adjusted the timezone in my profile. Yet, the time of my postings and being last active still shows in the summer time, and this happens in two different computers so it probably doesn't have anything to do with the browser. Not a big thing, but anyway...
~Venora~
Violinist of Mirkwood
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 07:27
For some strange reason I am able to see the Realm of Lorien's Forum even though I am a member of Yavanna. Hmm, any suggestions or anything? It's never happened to me before so I don't know what to do

Oops, forgot something else, all of the forums say that there is a new post in them but when I look they are like a week old or so. I tried to delete the History before but it doesn't seem to work, *but* sometimes when mods delete threads I am back to normal, so to speak, and then once someone posts in that thread/forum it goes back to "New".

[Edited on 6/11/2004 by ~Venora~]
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 08:07
I have the same problem as Ven, not with the old posts but I'm able to see Lórien's forum, don't know if I can enter them though....
Tnuviel7
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 09:38
Hey, I can access the realm of Lorien, and I'm an Este member. Ahh! This hasn't happened before, It's new as of today. I don't get it! :dizzy:
Lady~Eowyn
Illusionary Heart
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 09:51
The same goes for me as well, I can see Lorien's realm.
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 09:59
Like everyone before me I can also access the Realm of Lorien, as well as my own.
Alagos
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 10:01
So can I...apparently all of us can...
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email