Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
Post Eragon (free, semi-scripted)
on: June 04, 2004 02:11
(ooc: OK, who here has read Eragon , by Christopher Paulini? If you haven't, its a pretty good book. What basically happens, is this peasant boy finds a dragon egg. This discovery sets into play a whirl of events. Eragon eventually leaves home, with his dragon Saphira and an old wizard, Brom. I'd like it to follow the main story line, though side topics are cool.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*

Eragon looked at the deer prints on the ground. The deer had passed only a 1/2 hour ago. He walked silently forward and soon spotted his prey. Just as he was about to release his arrow with deadly precision, an explosion split the silence. The deer ran, and Eragon spun around in surprise. On the ground, he saw a dark blue stone. He picked it up cautiously, wondering what it was. He stuck it in his pack, deciding to try exchanging it for some food in Carvahall.

"That's a miser's bargain! It must be worth at least ten times that!" Eragon seethed at Sloan's stubbornness. He knew it was worth more than three crowns, but he also knew that he needed the money and the food.

[Edited on 6/8/2004 by Elessar_2]
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Eragon (free, semi-scripted)
on: June 04, 2004 02:54
Sure, go ahead! I would love for this to go a long way!

Do you know who you're going to be, yet?
maeghin
RPG Moderator &
Harbinger of Laughter

Send Message
on: June 05, 2004 02:52
Hello,
Just a reminder. The RP forums are for actual RPs, please keep any ooc comments in the appropriate forum. If you feel the need, then you could start up an ooc thread in the ooc forum. Thanks
~maeghin~
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 02:54
(ooc: Sorry . Now have an ooc board for this topic. http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=16191. Am eagerly waiting for more replies.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 04:55
(ooc: I decided to skip ahead a bit, so that we could get rolling. please post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Eragon looked down at the white oval on his palm, and then at his dragon. “You need a name.” The dragon looked at him. He could almost hear him saying “No, really?”

Eragon began rattling off the long list of names that Brom had given, but each one his dragon discarded. Then, it hit him. You are a she! Eragon thought in surprise. “Oh! Well then—how about Opheila? No. um….“…And Saphira.” “Are you Saphira?”
Tari_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 05:09
Saphira...She liked the sound of it. Saphira...it's fitting she glanced at her blue scales, shimmering like jewels and a swell of satisfaction filled her Yes she began to hum with contentment.

Eragon seemed so filled with resentment the next few days. Often now, he came to her and complained about the unfairness of life. He told her about his cousin, Roran's, departure with barely controlled anger. Finally Saphira asked him What does Roran look like? Is he like you?
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 03:05
Eragon thought of Roran. I don't know he began to think, but was interrupted by Saphira. hmm. He looks very nice.

Eragon twisted wildly around. "What? Where!"

Silly. Your picture of him. He looks very nice in your memory.

"Oh. So now you can read my mind to? huh? fine."

(ooc: OK Tari. You wanted visual picture, you got visual picture. lol Now post! )
Tari_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 04:06
Saphira huffed but did not answer, hoping he was smart enough to figure it out for himself. I was just saying that your Roran looks nice . . . it is him you are angry with, is it not?

When Eragon made no answer she knew that her guess was right. Don't you think it's rather foolish to be angry with him? He climbed up onto her back and sat in the hollow behind her neck and scratched her neck.
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 08:39
((This is Estelle's part in Yazuac.))

A lone figure was standing looking out over Palancar Valley that streched for miles underneath the Spine-a very tall and very vast mountain range. The figure was no ordinary woman. Her name was Estelle, which means Star, she had long black hair, bright silvery blue eyes and wore tanned leather breeches, a lose dark blue shirt, boots and had a sword strapped to her back. She watched as the wind picked up behind her and caused her hair to whip violently in front of her face. Estelle looked like she was twenty years old but to tell the truth she was well over two hundred. A rumbling came from her right as a cadet blue dragon -whos scales had a silvery sheen to them- landed behind her. A smile came to her face as Dancina, her dragon landed behind her. Estelle was one of the last Dragon Riders that wasn't under King Gallbatorix's command. She'd defied him for well over thrity years and he seemed to have given up. She put a hand out and stroked Dancina's neck,

Something is troubling you, little one. What is it? Estelle smiled at Dancina's nick name for her.

Oh Dancina, I worried about Brom. He hasn't contacted me yet about Arya's disappearance and the fate of the egg that he'd stolen. I'm very worried that something happened to the egg and if Gallbatorix has it again then the Varden are in trouble.

Do not fret little one. Come for a ride. You could use one. It will help you relax.
Dancina nudged Estelle on the shoulder and the rider gave in. She climbed onto Dancina's back in the crook of her neck and took hold of the saddlehorn and nudged Dancina with her heels. Dancina opened her blue/black wings and took off into the air....
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 03:31
(OoC: I'm skipping ahead slightly, to after Roran left with Denton (sp?), and Horst warned Eragon of the Raazac, and Eragon saw the Raazac. Ca va?)

Eragon jerked his hand out of Brom's grasp, his mind reeling. He was so confused...he didn't know what to think! He turned around, and stumbled towards the farm. He had to warn Garrow!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Brom's face split so wide that he felt as if his face was cracking. The riders existed once again! He turned around and headed towards the Raazac's camp. Perhaps he could stall them long enough to give Eragon time to escape.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Eragon breathed a sigh of relief as he saw Garrow standing by the barn,as safe as ever. Eragon hurried to the forest. He knew that he would need Sapphira to prove to Garrow that there really was a dragon.

Eragon began to explain to Sapphira what had happened, but as he came to the part about the strange men who had been asking questions, she flew into a rage. "Sapphira!" He shouted. He lept onto her back, trying to get out of range of her madly whipping tail.
Tari_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2004 05:01
OoC: You sure like to skip ahead, don't you, Elessar?

Rage that Saphira had not even known she was capable of boiled inside of her, threatening to burst! Images of crushed shells and dead dragons and elves and men filled her mind. Blood...blood everywhere. Death. Violence. To whom did these memories belong? Lives that would never be. Legacies never to be fulfilled. Murderers! she rasped.

A sudden weight on her back and a pounding on her neck startled her momentarily. Eragon had climbed on her back and was shouting at her. An image exploded with a burst of color before her eyes: Eragon, his clothing stained with blood, lying dead. It was a vision of the future, she knew. He must not die! Not when it was in her power to save him!

Muscles straining, she pushed off from the ground and struggled to get into the open air. She would take him to the Spine--to the place where his memories had shown her where she was found. He would be safe there.

As she finally caught a draft and soared above the trees, she heard him screaming both mentally and physically. His terror pounded against her, and grimly she shut him out. Saphira must not allow him to distract her!
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 10:18
Estelle was enjoying the feeling of the air whipping her hair about her face when she noticed a flying figure coming strait at her. She nudged Dancina to fly above the figure and she was shocked to see a dragon with a boy cradeld in its neck. A rider?? Dancina tell the dragon to land and to calm down. She saw the other dragon heading for the Spine so she and Dancina followed. When the dragon landed Dancina landed as well. Estelle jumped off and forced her mind into the dragons.

Calm down. I won't hurt you. You need to let me tend to your rider. His legs are bleeding freely. Let me help him. She recieved a nod from the dragon so Estelle peeled the young boy off,

"Come on. Let's get you some bandages for your legs." She helped the boy walk a few steps then set him down. She wasn't very strong in magic-well as strong as she used to be but she could heal him either way. ((My brain failed on me whats the saying to heal in the Ancient Language??))
Tari_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 02:33
(OoC: I think the words you're looking for, Sanako, are waíse heill)

Calm down. I won't hurt you. You need to let me tend to your rider. His legs are bleeding freely. Let me help him.

Saphira froze as an unfamiliar voice probed into her mind. As she folded her wings, she searched around to see where the new voice came from. A dark-haired woman stood beside a blue dragon. Could that be another Dragon Rider? she wondered, Do they still exist? No response came from Eragon, and she realized that his condition--which she could for some reason not feel--must be very serioius. She nodded and watched as the woman pulled Eragon off her back and led him a few steps away.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 06:57
(OoC: LOL Tari. Yes, I do like skipping ahead. )

Eragon looked confusedly at the woman. "What?" he croaked. "Where did you come from?" He watched this woman's lips move, but a buzzing sound filled his ears, and he could not't hear her. His eyes flitted past her towards Saphira. He saw two dragons. He blinked his eyes. Saphira?he croaked.
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 08:03
((Thanks. I had a brain fart yesterday and couldn't remember. LOL))

Estelle laid the boy down and moved her hands so that they were placed over his legs,

"Waíse heill." A soft blue light engulfed her hands as she made the skin heal and reform, but scars showed. she sank back on to her feet since she was kneeling next to him and pulled out a water skin. She moved up to his head and held him up so that he could drink.

"Here. Drink this. It will speed up the healing." She gave him some water and he drank it. She realized it was getting cold so she stood and went to Dancina and untied her sleeping roll and covered the boy then looked at the other dragon.

If you want your rider to live then I suggest you come over here and give him your warmth. He'll die during the night if you don't. She walked over to Dancina and the dragon nestled down and drapped a wing over Estelle. Estelle did not fall asleep so she saught Dancina to talk to. The dragon responded and as always could sense her emotions.

Is something wrong Little One? Estelle smirked in the growing darkness.
It's that boy. His dragon had no saddle so his legs were chaffed to the bone. I'm not sure he can survive much longer and if we do fly anywhere the closest place is Carvahall. The boy must be from there but I'm not sure he can fly back on his dragon without a saddle.

Do not fret. I talked with his dragon and she will allow us to take him back on me since I can handle two people.
Estelle smiled and snuggled closer to Dancina.

We must go back when dawn comes or else the wounds will become infected. Goodnight, Dancina.

Goodnight Little One.
Estelle slipped into sleep but was troubled and woke before dawn....
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 07:54
Estelle awoke before dawn and moved out from under the winged tent that had protected her during the night to find out it was dawn. She streched slightly and moved over to the other dragon and the boy. Dancina had told her the young dragons name so as she approached Saphria removed her wing so that the boy was in view. She quickly checked to make sure that his legs were healed and felt his forehead. She took her hand away sharply and called to Dancina who'd come up behind her.

He's got a fever and it's very high. We need to get him back to Carvahall and fast.

Put him on me. I can carry him to the woods on the outside of Carvahall.

No I will fly behind him on Dancina's back since she has a saddle.
Estelle picked the boy up and placed in Dancina's saddle, strapping him in. She turned to the boy's dragon,

Saphire if you want to come with your rider then follow us. He could use your support. She wrapped her arms around the boys' waist as she climbed into Dancina's saddle behind the boy and nudged Dancina into the air....
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2004 10:15
((Okay, Solembum is going to come in know *gasp*, instead of when he's suposed to :evil:. If you have any suggestions, please pm me ))

Solembum strolled through the murky Spine without a second thought. He was fast and nimble, enough so that no predator could befuddle him. The truths of the black cat were startling, and when he came upon a group of Ridors he could not help but slyly smile. This will be intiresting....
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 01:41
Eragon tried to think clearly, but his brain was to foggy to understand anything at the moment. Then, suddenly he felt that awful wideness in his brain that he felt whenever he mind-linked with Saphira. His mind cleared enough to see the young woman helping him onto Saphira. but no, he thought, Saphira is over... His eyes widened as he realized that he hadn't been imagining things--that there had been two dragons last night, and there still were.

Saphira? What's going on?
Tari_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 04:17
Saphira? What's going on?

Saphira stopped trying to find the other presence she had felt a minute ago, and with delight asked Eragon, How are you feeling? Before letting him answer her question, she said, The woman is Estelle. She is a Rider--why did you not tell me there were other Riders--and her dragon is Dancina. They are helping you. Your legs were stripped of flesh.
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 06:49
Estelle smirked at Saphire's comment and answered for him,

He didn't know because I'm the only rider left that hasn't been killed by Galbatorix or forced to join him. Dancina soared over the tree tops and soon Estelle could see Carvahall.

Dancina land in the forest surronding that small farm house. I have a feeling this boy from there and his family would do good to know that he is alright.

Dancina landed in the forest and Estelle was already on the ground unstrapping Eragon as Dancina settled.

Stay here. I'll come back in a few moments. Go hunt if you need to. Dancina stayed there and watched Estelle easily carry Eragon toward Carvahall....
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 03:18
(ooc: Sorry I haven't been able to post--the server was down. )

Eragon shook his head. His legs were feeling better, though stiff from scabs and strained muscles. He looked confusedly at the ground. He was moving along the road, but was not walking. After several seconds, he realized that he was being carried by the strange woman--a Rider, according to Saphira,-- he had seen earlier.

"What's happening?" he slurred, craning his neck to look the woman--Estelle--in the face.
Tari_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 07:46
Ooc: Sorry I haven't been posting at all. The internet was down--again!:cry:

Saphira watched anxiously as the rider easily carried Eragon to the farmhouse. Reaching out with her mind, she quelled his questions and fears and pain.

This is my fault, she rasped, turning awkwardly to look at Dancina. Before the other dragon--the first she had ever seen--could reply, an explosion rocked the forest, sending branches crashing down around them and wild-life scurrying out of burrows. The ground rocked violently beneath her.

Eragon she exclaimed, What happened? Are you injured? There was no reply, only a vast silence.
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 09:14
Estelle felt the ground shake and quickly looked toward the farm house and saw it collapse in on itself. She ran quickly trying to keep her balance but it was hard with a boy in your arms. She ran the rest of the way to Carvahall and looked back toward the forest seeing Raa'zac approaching. She saw someone up ahead coming toward her and Eragon and the tall man immediatly recognized Eragon.

"Bring him in here." She hurried inside and placed him on a bed.

"Look after his legs for me. I'm going back to that farm on the hill." As she exited the door she reached out to Dancina.

Get out of here. Raa'zac have found me. I'm going back to the farm and will deal with Raa'zac should they attack. Head deep into the Spine and stay there till I call again. Please Dancina do this. She heard the sound of rushing wind as two dragons took off. Estelle didn't and wouldn't answer Saphira's questions about Eragon right at the moment. She was concentrating on the group of Raa'zac that was heading toward her. She pulled out Barakdaw-her sword- and swung it six times before killing the Raa'zac. She resheathed the sword and dug through the debris around the hand and saw the Raa'zac wounds. She kneeled down and picked the old man up placing one of his arms around her shoulders and trudged down the hill to see a small group coming to met her.

"This is Eragon's uncle. What happened?" Estelle saw Brom and nodded her head to him and said,

"He's dead or will be. Raa'zac attacked him hoping to find something. Obviously they found it or didn't find it. He won't last much longer. Help me get him back to Carvahall. I can give him time but not much." The strong man who'd taken Eragon took the old man. Estelle turned to Brom.

"I'd like a word with you Brom." Her pupil nodded and the two of them watched the group leave....

((I'll post their conversation in my next post. Brom was Estelle's pupil when he was chosen to be a rider, that's how she knows him.))
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 05:57
(ooc: Oh yah! I''m playing Brom! whoops. )

"It's good to see you well." Brom greeted her. He then nodded his head in the direction of the departing party. "How--where--did you find him?."

Brom thought of another question and quickly interupted his mentor with another question. "You said that the Raa'zac attacked Garrow. How did they find him? How did they know about the dragon?"
Sanako
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 03:09
Estelle chuckled and shook her head.

"I don't know how they knew where he lived and I don't know how they found out about the Dragon, but Dancina and I must get the dragon and her rider, Eragon, away from here. You should come as well and help me train the boy. If he's going to adopt the Riders reputation then he needs to be trained to become one." She herself had trained Brom before Gallbatorix turned on them all and killed many of her friends as well as both her parents.

"I have a suspision about how the Raa'zac found him and knew about the dragon but we should go check on the boy. His legs were rubbed raw by his dragons' scales. Dancina can watch after the hatchling for a while besides they both went hunting so we don't have to worry about them being found. Come on." The two of them started down the hill toward Carvahall...
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 03:57
Brom nodded solemnly, and joined her in the long trek down the hill. When they arrived in town, he headed straight to the healer [ooc: brain drain--can't remember her name!]'s house. "How's he doing?" he asked her softly.
Tari_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 03:10
Saphira had been in the Spine for three days now with Dancina. When she was not hunting, she was on the ground listening to Dancina tell stories of her long life. And she was bored stiff--not that she did not enjoy Dancina's company, but it was always much more exciting to have Eragon around...and she could always tell him absolutely anything. Morning on the third day came, and she still had had no contact with Eragon.

Making her decision, Saphira laboriously pushed into the air and angled herself to fly out of the Spine. She could not stand waiting for news of Eragon. She had to go see him for herself--even if that meant flying into Carvahall. As she went over the last mountains, she heard a smug voice in her head, I wouldn't do that if I were you. (Hint-hint-hint Saeran)

What? Who? What do you mean? A sly smug, slightly...catty...presence was her only answer. Saphira did not stop her trip to Carvahall, but she did stop some distance from the town. Then she started to call for Eragon.
Elessar_2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 09:16
Eragon was sitting at Horst and Elain's kitchen table, studying the grains of wood, thinking about Brom. There was an annoying noise outside, though he tried to ignore it. Suddenly, the voice grew so loud that he nearly fell over from shock. Only then did he realize that it was Saphira, calling to him through their mental link. Saphira? he asked.

[Edited on 7/26/2004 by Elessar_2]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email