Register

Author Topic:
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
Post RE: Finland?
on: October 06, 2005 07:39
Just thought of re-living this thread

I love it when the trees go all gold and orange in autumn It would be cool to visit Lapland at Ruska time, has anyone of you done it?
Here's a picture of a tree on our front yard. I just love the colours on it, especially when the sun is shining upon it in the morning
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: October 06, 2005 08:19
That's a beautiful tree Autumn really is a beautiful time of year. Altough it's usually too wet

I haven't had a chance to visit Lapland in autumn, I only have been there in winter. But it would be wonderful to go there in autumn too at some point.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 07, 2005 10:58
Nice photo, ~figwit~!

It's funny how even similar trees shed their leaves at so different times. A couple of the birches around here are already almost bare, but some others still have hardly any yellow leaves...

Have you ever noticed that, the sunlight seems to have a very special golden hue in autumn as well?
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 07, 2005 11:39
Thanks

That's not true Ainariel, it hasn't rained that much.. yet!

I have Morwinyoniel, and that's just what i love about autumn. And the trees are never the same colour either.
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: October 11, 2005 08:02
Hehe, well I of course meant it usually rains way too much. It has been such a beautiful and warm and dry autumn now :heart: And very handy with dogs...

But I'm also afraid that we can say good bye to white christmas if this goes on. Well I know in Helsinki it really has been quite rare already but here in Jyväskylä we still have had at least some snow in Chirstmas but I'm afraid this stupid weather warming takes away the lovely cold and snowy winter that I love so much
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 14, 2005 10:57
I know exactly what you mean I wish it would be colder already, and I'm waiting for the first snow already. Christmas isn't Christmas without really cold weather and snow
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: October 20, 2005 01:59
Oh, loverly picture, figwit! :love: I just love the many many birches in Finland

At least you guys have a chance on a white Chirstams! Me in the stupid Netherlands can count herself lucky if there's one day of snow. Last year, though, we had three spectacular days of snow, in friggin' February!

Well, my personal odds on snow with the Christmas holidays is just about nought, but that's not too odd, since I'm going to Isreal then! Really looking forward to that, though it will be weird, celebrating Christmas there. Hé, mayeb you could send me some snow by mail, for the Christmas feel?

Nice reviving, figiwt! :hug:
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: October 22, 2005 09:53
And now we have snow! :disco: All wet and will surely melt away but the first snow is here

How about there in south, any luck with snow?
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: October 23, 2005 09:05
Not yet, fortunately, because there's still some gardening to do, and I have summer tires in my car. They gave a warning for slippery roads though.

I'm hoping for a snowy winter though - I've finally got myself proper cross-country skis, which I haven't had for years, and would like to get to use them too.
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 02:32
:hug:s Celebwen. I'll send you some snow, don't worry

I'm not entirely sure if we had snow today on the morning or not. It could have been just frost, but then again there was quite much of it. I choose to believe that it was snow!
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 11:13
Yay! :hug: Thanks, figwit!

Good choice, always stay positive, even if it means thinking things better than they actaully are. It's still friggin' aboven 10 degrees! The temperature fiannly dropped last Wednesday, but before that there was all sun and 15-20 degrees! Bleeding ridiculous, that's what it is....
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 12:44
You know what else is ridiculous? The fact that now it's like -2 degrees but the weather cast says that next week it can be over 10 degrees again! The weather is really becoming weird these days...

I also found cross-country skiing again a couple of years ago but last year even here the time when you can ski lasted only about two months... I planned I would have bought skis (I'm skiing with my sister's old ones) but I think I'll pass and wait a couple of more years.
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: October 25, 2005 04:45
That is ridiculous, stupid weather, stupid climate change....screw everything up..

Yeah, I guess buying brand new skiis now might not be worth it if you can only use them a short time. Still, skiing with your sister's old one is probably better than skiing with the ones your mother used when she was your age; or your grandfathers! Yeah, that's what I did. They still went pretty well, but it looked a bit odd...
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 10:11
LoL. I had some really old skiis too, thank god i got new ones!

How did you guys survive the storm last night? Or did you have one? We had a quite big one, it was blowing really hard. A great spruce tree fell on our backyard and hit all the electric cables, so we didn't have any electricity until the evening when they fixed it. It was quite scary, because if the tree had fallen the other way or about 2 metres to the right it would have crashed our caravan or our outer sauna... I took some pics of it, maybe I'll post some later.
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: October 26, 2005 11:06
Oh my! Fortunate that the tree didn't hit your caravan or sauna!

But the storm didn't come this far. We got some wind and snow but nothing special. And sounds like it was good that we didn't get it. At the moment I think there's much more snow in south than here

Oh, and congrats for becoming the Leader of Ulmo, figwit! :cheers:
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 03:29
I think that's true, we have about 10 cm here It's so beautiful, but it'll melt away soon I'm sure *sigh*

:blush: Thanks Ainariel!
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 05:14
Woosh! Good thing that tree fell just there!

Ah, you have 10 cm of snow! I am so jealous! It's actually 19 degrees here today! I wish I were in Finland now.......

You became Leader of Ulmo?! Congratulations, dearest Über Fir!! :hug: *throws confetti and hands out cake*

[Edited on 27/10/2005 by ~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~]
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: October 27, 2005 07:21
I was so tired on Tuesday evening that I wasn't disturbed by the storm, and if our electrity was off at some point, it must have been very shortly. But, the road conditions made me take the train instead of driving to work yesterday and today. It just takes twice the time to get there that way.

Whoah, figwit! That was really close with the tree! Congratulations for your Realm Leadership! :cheers:
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 04:12
You know what Celebwen? I think you're obsessed with the weather in Netherlands Why don't you take a vacation and travel here?

It really was slippery on Wednesday morning! But I was surprised that the buses and trains went so well.
Today the snow's been melting, but we still got some! Only problem is that the roads are really slippery. I almost fell 5 times when I walked to the bus-stop this morning.

:blush: Thanks guys! :hug:
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 08:36
Well, you would be too if you love snow and your chances on it are even smaller than Hell freezing over! Then they'd have snow even there! No fair... *pout*

Whahahahahaha! Ah, poor wittle figgy! et: :hug: Does your butt hurt?

Oh guys, you don't mind I keep posting here, do you? As a non-Fin, I mean? I sorta kept hanging around after my first post, I hope you don't mind...
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 10:01
It's alright :hug: I didn't actually fall, but it was close!

Is anyone of you following Idols here in Finland? What do you guys think of it?

Of course you can be here Celebwen! Don't be silly! After all you're a half-fin
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: October 28, 2005 07:36
Yes Celebwen, you just keep hanging around here! Half-finn is quite good enough

I think I'm becoming old, figwit I haven't watched a single episode of Idols. For some reason I wathced it a bit more two years ago but now I can't find interest in it anymore.

And if you tell me you're watching BigBrother, I'm not talking with you anymore
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 03:27
I'm following Idols There should be more guys in the finals.. And it was so wrong when Roni fell of.. Hopefully he'll come back tomorrow Luckily for you AP, I'm not! We don't have SubTv here But the American (or is it English?) BB is good! Or the season I saw of it

But Gilmore Girls is my fav program :love:
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 03:42
Or luckily for you? *lol*

I've watched Gilmore Gilrs a couple of times and it seems quite a nice series. But alltogether it seems I'm watching a lot less TV than you And I like programs like C.S.I, Cold Case, Without a trace (just remembered I forgot to tape it last night... :rolleyes: ) and Stargate. And my, I got addicted to Star Trek last summer when they showed the whole Original Series in SubTv
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 04:05
Maybe so!

Yeah, it seems so! But then again, you're older than me
I also like CSI and Without a Trace Last night's episode wasn't so good. A sci-fi fanaticer went missing, but they found him again in an old airfield where his uncle used to take him. It was a weird episode Stargate is quite OK too, but it doesn't come now, does it?
I've never liked Star Trek! Too weird for me!
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: October 29, 2005 04:25
Old?! Me?! Well older, but not *that* old 'cos don't old people usually watch TV a lot?

Stargate hasn't been on for a while now And just heard that SubTV can't even show reviews because they don't have rights left...

Oh, and we lost all our snow already. After last nights walk with the dogs I *really* hope we get snow again soon :rolleyes:
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 02:09
Yay! :hug: Thanks guys! But can please still be silly?

For me; I watched the first season of Idols here, but after that it wasn't quite as interesting anymore. BB I have never liked, just.....never! Horrible show...

I loooooove Gilmore Girls! Ah, it's so funny! My dad nearly runs out of the room when it starts, he can't handle woman who talk so much and so fast and actually say so little. I always thought it really was a girls show, but I actually no some guys that watch and like it! And yes, they're straight.

I also like Stargate, though it's been a while since I last saw that. I watch CSI sometimes, but I don't really follow it; it's a good show, though. I used to watch every single episode of Charmed, but that's been dragging on for so long now, that I just gave up. Oh, another show that do actually follow is LOST! Very very good show.... Dominic.... :drool:

Ah, too bad about your snow... et: I hope you get lots and lots of snow later on.
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 30, 2005 06:33
You hope we get snow so I can send you some right? :hug:

LoL AP! No, you're not *that* old How old are you anyway, if you don't mind me asking? How old are everyone btw?

You're a Gilmore fan??! Awesome! I love that show, it's so great :love: I don't know any guys that follow it though.. I think the humor in the show is really cool, and yes, I think it's a girls show too

Lost doesn't come here in Finland I wonder why that is? But we have other great shows

Ok, jumping from one thing to another. What are you guys planning to do on the winter sports holiday? (right word?) The one that's in february anyway
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 02:42
What gave me away? You'll still send me some, won't you? :angel:

I think AP was somewhere in her twenties, which makes her the eldest here. I myself am nearly 17 (December 12th!), os I think that makes me the middle one. You're younger then I am, weren't you fig?

Ah, I love the show! :love: How far is the show in Finland? Or better: who are Lorelai and Rory with? That usually gives a good indication.

Hmmmm....I'm planning on nothing, actually. I've done enough in the other holidays. I'll probably just hang out and stuff. I do have very cool plans for the Christmas break; I'm going to Eilat! :love: My parents have been wanting to take me and my sis there for ages, and now we're finally going. We're only making daytrips to the South, so that pretty safe.

How about you guys?Skiing?
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 06:48
I'll send you some, don't worry!

Your birthday's so soon? *prints it in her head* I'm sure I'll forget about it anyway! It seems like I'm the yuongest, I'm 15, turn 16 in March

:love: Lorelai's with Luke now, but in the last episode Lor had dinner with Chris. That didn't go so well :nono: And Rory just broke up with Dean (Good for her! ) And I hear she's going to get together with a really cute guy :naughty:

It was there you were going over Christmas! I would so like to go abroad to, but that's not happening

We're probably going skiing yes, on winter sport holidays Probably to Ylläs. I just wondered if anyone going there too
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 09:25
Hehee, I'm 28

No plans for the winter holiday, except working. I'm not taking any vacation this winter because I'm planning a trip to California in May-June :disco: Because of that I have to keep my summer holiday that early so I think I have to save some of my holiday days for the next winter.

I've been to Ylläs a couple of times during the christmas time. A great place :love: I'd love to go there too at some point but can't go everywhere...
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 11:53
Thank the gods, there is at least some far awar part of my memory that is still working!

Oh, don't tell me anymore, figgy! Here, we're just starting that season! :love: Luke and Lorelai are finally together, Rory ditched Dean for the umptheenth time! :disco: I saw a few glimps of this season, and I'm really curious as to how bad Chris is going to screw it all up again. :nono:

Oh, that sounds very cool, fig! Hmmm....I'll try to remember to ask my mum if she's been there...

California?! Big plans, eh Ainariel? Well, good thinking to save up your holidays forit. Do you have plans already on what you're going to do there?
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 31, 2005 09:58
Hey guys, mind if I join the conversation? I'm from Finland too (I think I've mentioned it here earlier), and to be more specific living in Oulu at the moment.

It seems that you have a nice little group of active Finns and half-Finns here I finally have more time to spend around CoE (especially the dear realm I'm in) so I even may keep up with the conversation..
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 12:52
Of course we don't mind, fogriipus! :hug: It's great to have you here

I think I may have been to Oulo once......a long time ago.... I think it was in the summer we went to the pilar circle and back that we passed through there.

To get you in here; do you have any plans for the oncoming holidays?
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: November 01, 2005 07:47
Welcome back, fogriipus! I remember that you presented yourself here at one point, but later disappeared.

Hehe, compared to the rest of you, I'm about Galadriel's age.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email