Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Finland?
on: April 19, 2006 01:43
We've seen a bit of that thing too, kerstin there'd be some for you to eat here, too, we got more snow yesterday :rolling: It feels more like an autumn than a spring.

[Edited on 19/4/2006 by fogriipus]
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 05, 2006 03:26
Summer's really here you guys!! :disco: We broke the 20 C lign here today, it was wonderful :love:

And with May also comes the WC in Ishockey... Anyone going to watch?
I so hope that we're going to do what we did 11 years ago, and it would be some comfort to the olympics...

:disco: Go Finland! :disco:
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 05, 2006 10:54
Yep, it's warm also in the north! I just hope warm weather in May doesn't mean cold in June...

My fiancé said today when we were walking from a shop that "You just want to sit down on that a little green, new grass and feel the warmth" and then exactly after that we saw some young lad sitting under a tree, talking on phone It was so nice!

And oh yes, I watch the ice-hockey WC games! There's no way I wouldn't watch Finland's games and I try to watch all other games, too. The game today vs. Slovenia was a slow start, but The Lions just kind of woke up late. They'll show what they're made of from now on.

Edit:
Oh, new avatar, fig!

[Edited on 5/5/2006 by fogriipus]
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 01:01
lol, yep, new avvie

Today's just been sooo wonderful! We've had almost 25 degrees, i was in heaven when I woke up this morning. I was on a helpleader training by the sea, and I lay on the birdge with the sun shining right at me and hearing the seagulls cry over my head, and the waves hit the shore... :love: just amazing!

I didn't see the whole Slovenia game because of the training, but what I did see, I didn't like that much... Cind of poor start if i can say, but i think they'll get a lot better. I'm so waiting for seeing Antsa Niittymäki guarding the goal today in the Latvia game!
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 08:13
This weekend has been really gorgeous, warm and sunny, and everything has just exploded green. I made long walks both yesterday and today, it would have been waste of time to just sit indoors.

Guess what my husband is watching at the moment... :rolleyes:
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 08:06
I hope the next game won't be against Sweden... and that the Lions will win it, anyway! It's a big loss if Niittymäki can't play because of the injury. If that's so, I hope Norrena will do his very best!
Fortunately Kallio and Luoma are there, my two favourites :love: Hopefully they'll both play in the next game, Luoma especially instead of Berg ( ), at least on power play!

Oh, and I found something fun, here. Before anyone asks - the only place to see a polarbear in Finland is a zoo.

[Edited on 16/5/2006 by fogriipus]
AinarielPalantir
Maiden of Nienna and Éomer`s Loyal Puppy
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 09:08
Oh my god that video is hilarious! Great! Thanks fog, I needed that
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 20, 2006 01:57
OH MY GOD!!! Did you watch it? The Eurovision Song Contest??
Finland actually won! :disco: :disco: I can't believe this, it still hasn't sunk in! And we made the highest point record as well!!

I'm so going to the victory feast in Helsinki!! :disco:
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: May 21, 2006 01:38
That was a really pleasant surprise. :disco: :cheers:

But, many of my foreign friends also commented that, it was the only good song in the whole contest - and they definitely had a good show.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2006 04:14
*pops head round the door* Hope you don't mind my doing so. Just wanted to say congratulations Finland on winning the Eurovision Song Contest.

Wow!! I thought the group and song were fantastic and loved the costumes and make up. Mind you, I have strange tastes. Lol!! I love Klingons and I have a definite thing for the alien in Predator. *giggles*.

*closes door*
kerstin
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2006 11:51
Lordi won...
now I have seen everything and we also came third in ice-hockey :disco:

I tried to ask from oraakkeli (in the net is this site where you can ask things and it gives answers, if you didn´t already know ) what finland is going to win next, but it didn´t give me any real answer and I just wanted to make sure that I don´t say: "if finland wins, I´m going to..." like I did with the eurovision...

btw, have you seen in internet those pictures, where is lordi and hell frozen? :love:
~figwit~
Daydreamer of Ekkaia
Send Message
on: May 21, 2006 09:37
Heya Rose! Thanks :hug:

Really this is so crazy. People at school and on the bus couldn't talk about anything else than Lordi

And Finland won Canada 5-0 :disco: Excellent work Leijonat! Norrena really played a wonderful game! But wouldn't it have been wonderful to see Finland play against Sweden and win the WC as well the same weekend....?

:cheers:
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 24, 2006 01:23
Oh yay, this is so great. :disco: Finland finally rocks And thanks, Rosearialelven! It's great to hear it really wasn't just us who liked it.

About Lordi - I think it was a great song and great show (although maybe a bit too pop to my taste, hehe), those who say that it was too extreme for Eurovision Song Contest can go... oh well, some place else. They were representing Finland anyway, and did so well! Point record!

The bronze medal in ice-hockey was sooo great, too. :love: I mean, maybe some of the older players in the team were disappointed because they had good chances for gold, too, but for those who played in their first WC tournament it was great (aww, they looked so happy!), and however, it was first medal after some years now and just second WC bronze in Finland's ice-hockey history! So, we should be proud. And somehow, I really didn't miss the game against Sweden... It would have been awful to play against them and lose in the finals...

All in all, I'm still suffering some withdrawal symptoms because the ice-hockey games are over. :cry: :rolleyes: I watched over 70 hours of ice-hockey in two weeks, anyway! :rolling: :blush: :love: I guess I'll just have to start waiting the football WC starting on the 9th of June.

To my fellow Finns, :cheers:

(I'm looking at the amount of smileys I just used and I think I could go now and get another cup of coffee.)

[Edited on 24/5/2006 by fogriipus]
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: May 29, 2006 07:11
How typical that I'm not there watching when something "once in a lifetime" happens... :rolleyes: I was sleeping when Finland won the ice hockey championship in -95 and now I wasn't home to watch Lordi winning the song contest.

Oh, well. Go Finland!!! :disco: :disco: :disco: Lordi rocks!

:cheers:
AinarielPalantir
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 06:24
(Sorry for the double post Rose.)

Have all the finns passed out in the unusual heat? On the other hand I think I'm the only one getting tired of the heat and everyone else is out there swimming and getting a tan And I'm the only crazy one sitting inside hanging around in CoE.

Well, if there's anybody out there, I hope everyone's having a nice warm summer
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 08:01
No problem, pet. And I think everyone is fading from the various degrees of heat they seem to be getting around the world.
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 11:32
Yep, I'm here

I have enjoyed the summer, but now the long waited time for me to just get to my cozy corner to read books and hang around CoE, with a cup of tea and preferably also a cat, if I'll find one somewhere, has come. *happy* I'll just try to ignore the heat and not let it ruin this. I can't help loving the time when you start to feel that autumn is coming nearer!

[Edited on 7/8/2006 by fogriipus]
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 02:15
I'm still here, although I haven't been posting much lately. Besides, I was away for the weekend, meeting a bunch of Tolkien geeks in RL.

It's just when the days are nice and warm, there isn't so much interest in sitting in front of the computer...
kerstin
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 04, 2006 02:03
Hi!
it has been a really, really, really long time since the last time I here... but I´ll make it up for you, I promise (crosses fingers behind back)
So, has anybody noticed this white stuff outside.. . it´s white, and cold.. and has something to do with the winter..? anybody?
Btw, because christmas is coming soon (it really is, only 1 month, and 19 days to go) I started to think about presents (I like them :angel: ) My friend is nowadays huge lotr fan, and I though about making her some present where christmas and middle-earth would come together in one piece ^^ but my head is empty of any ideas, so I though that I should come here and ask my fellow lotr-fans to help me so... would you have any ideas what I should give/make/buy for her for christmas?? :love:
I´ll be back (that sounds so arnold swarze... oh blah, I don´t even know how to spell it... well, you gott the point... he´s the guvenor of.... florida?? he speaks bad english!! that I know for sure)
... bye :wave:
Alyanome
Norn av Urd
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 08:46
w0000t? There's three mods from Finland? Yay! Go us.
nedra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 05, 2007 08:28
Soooo, my fellow Finnish people, how are we doing? ^^
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2007 12:13
Fine, thanks! At least I'm doing fine.
Image Image Image
fogriipus
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 15, 2007 06:05
I'm fine, thanks. Waiting for colder weather and snow that will stay on the ground!
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: October 15, 2007 07:02
The move of my workplace is almost over so, guess I'm fine...
nin_lasgalen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 21, 2007 05:01
I wish I was, but that doesn't particularly count...
nedra
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2007 10:37
duh... I'm not really waiting for snow...or the coldness. I like Autumn more o.O am I weird...? *grin*
nedra
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2007 06:23
Hiya, fellow Finns..! You must all know the place called irc-gallery. There is a community made for all those who are members in Council of Elrond. (I just made it *grin*) You are all welcome to join the community. I am not really a fan of irc-gallery thing, but now when I happened to join the thing (still can't understand why) I had to make a community for this. The name is CoE, simply. Currently having only two members...
Alyanome
Norn av Urd
Send Message
on: April 16, 2008 10:15
Oh wow, CoE community, need to join that. >.> I had once #councilfree added as a irc channel over there but took it off. <.<

Aw, couldn't find it. Did you delete it?

[Edited on 16/4/2008 by Alyanome]
nedra
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2008 08:53
x_x no, it's still there. I found it easily... it's in the minä ja muut section... and well... I just tried to find it with that searching thing and it came instantly. I can post you a link if you still don't find it... n.n
Elwingda
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2009 06:17
I'm going to wake this one up
I'm actually not surprised to find that there are quite a few Finns here, we do use the Internet a lot and our good English skills enable us to communicate internationally as well. And since on Finnish forums we never encounter any foreigners...
Yeah, here's another Finn! I'm from Helsinki, although currently I live in the UK. I still visit pretty much every longer holiday
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: October 27, 2009 03:29
We have a lot of Finnish folks here so I thought I would make their day. You reallly have to read the following article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091027/lf_nm_life/us_prosperity_index

You have to love this quote:

"For those who value their freedom of expression as much as health, wealth, and prosperity, then Finland is the place to be, with an index ranking the Nordic nation the best in the world."

Aren't you soooo proud?? In fact, most of the Nordic countries are right up there. Too cool.

Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2010 02:33
Hellow all fellow Finns! How many of us is still here?

It really seems that winter is coming here soon, we've had some snow allready
Image Image Image
nedra
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2010 06:09
I'm here *grin* yeah... and again I'm not waiting really the winter... but Christmas is nice ^^
Gwenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2010 06:26
Sadly the Suomi-thread has fallen down quite a bit, but I'm glad you took the time to bring it back up, especially since I didn't even know of its existance.

I too am from Finland. I live in the Southern part on 60th latitude. Not really wintery; just rain...
nedra
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2010 07:31
Yeah, it's raining... I can hear it >.< and it's so dark already... Nice to meet you anyway, Gwenniel
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email