Register

Author Topic:
arvandor
Council Member
Send Message
Post embroidery
on: June 08, 2004 04:57
hi,

Does any one of you know where you can find lotr embroidery. Not to put on you clos but like eehm. a figure of the argonath on something of a flat piece of fiber (where you make clothes of but I forgot the name)
Goldsand
Mystic of Ithilien
Send Message
Post RE: embroidery
on: June 10, 2004 02:59
As far as I know, I don't know that any LOTR embroidery designs are available (yet). The only thing I can recommend is to find someone who offers an embroidery digitizing service, or obtain your own digitizing software, which converts art and photos into embroidery designs. I've noticed there's a few sites where you can download trial versions of this nifty software. Try this site here. Then the only thing you'll have to do after that is figure out how to use it :dizzy:.
Lathronethiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 04:32
hey, i haven't really tried anything yet from this site, but its a good start for once you get an idea of what design you want.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/ijerry/sharonb/stitchdict/index.html

and i would say for ideas as far as what to embroider, look at any symbols and designs you can find! look at examples of clothing already done, etc..
superlegolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 01:51
I put them onto tracing paper, then do it like that.
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2004 02:09
Am I alone in liking to do freehand embroidery? well-- it's not quite completely freehand. I have a little piece of chalk, right, the kind you use for bigger sewing projects or blackboards, and I draw the figure, then sew it in. What I get usually comes out quite nice, and it's really easy to draw it on.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 04:40
I've been doing some cross-stitch pictures of Eomer and Legolas. It's not your traditonal embroidery but its fun. I found the patterns here if you would like to see them....

http://www.tazzie.mystics.co.uk/cross-stitch/cross-stitch.htm
Ellwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2004 03:32
I prefer free hand as well. But I also tend to make up the actual stitches too. I'd like to get some formal instruction some time.
Sindaeririel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 15, 2004 11:00
Whoa Cele that's really awesome! How much time did you spend on one of those? :dizzy:
Vanime18431
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2007 01:33
I don't know if anyone is still into the embroidery section of this forum, but just thought I'd ask...has anyone here ever done cross stitch or even needlepoint of the heraldic devices of LOTR? Esp Gil-galad and Elendil's? I love doing cross stitch, just don't have all the time in the world to do it...drat!

I would love to know what fabric and threads were used if anyone did this? Also, were the devices made into banners or what?

Thanks, I am open to ideas here..
Vanime18431

[Edited on 1/11/2007 by Vanime18431]
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
Post Embroidery anyone?
on: May 03, 2013 05:47
Hi!
Not sure if this is quite the right place as I guess it may come under personal hobbies or something, but I was thinking of taking up hand embroidery, and I wondered if any of our members here already do it?
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
I enjoy free-style embroidery - what I call 'doodling with thread'. I specially like working on felt.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
I'm just beginning with needlework, so far the biggest problem I have is getting everything to match and to continue working on it. I've got 2 projects that I've put aside, and another 2 that I'm working on the designs.
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
*bump*
Merging Calenmarwen's embroidery thread with this one. The links in this older one may possibly be of interest to our emroiderers.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I have done a lot of embroydery. Not currently working on anything but some years ago I did my towel set, embroydered a band with a bird and my first initial. I have done a number of bird designs, flowers, bookmarks, and a couple of text with border ones.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email