Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ringbearer3000
Council Member
Send Message
Post Tolkien Music Videos
on: June 12, 2004 07:28
Does anyone know what type of programs can be used to make a music video? Does anyone even know HOW too? If so, i REALLY NEED HELP!!!

[Edited on 23/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]
Fhêndil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Tolkien Music Videos
on: June 13, 2004 03:05
If you work on MS windows, Macromedia Flash is a pretty good tool to make videos for the internet or also for DVDs.
Flash works with layers, which means you have one for the movie, one for the sound etc. if you make the Flash MX lection and tutorial which can be find in the flash help area, you will learn quite fast how to use the programm.

if you work on MACs I definitely recommend FinalCut, it is a professional and pretty easy programm to make videos, synchroned sound, voices, cast texts...etc...

There are a few more programms but these are the two I know better

Greets!
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2004 09:48
imovie is really good if you have an apple computer. that's what i use
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: June 14, 2004 05:06
Well it all depends on how much money you want to spend...

windows XP comes with some basic movie editing technology. Haven't ever used it myself. If you want something professional, I like to edit with Adobe's Premiere Pro.
Ringbearer3000
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2004 05:36
well, the only video editing program I currently have is Windows Movie Maker, and unless I get INCREDIBALLY lucky, it's all I'm going to have for a loooong time. Am I out of luck, or is it still possible to make deceant, (just decent, mind you) vids. with that program? If so, I need tips. How do I capture clips from the movies onto my computer? Thanks in advance, everyone!!!
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 12:37
For basic editing WMM should be just fine. I haven't ever used it but I don't think it has the ability to do complex transitions, color correction etc.

Feel free to send me a PM and I can help you get up and running if you would like.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2004 05:16
how do you use windows movie maker?
Stridergorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 09:47
I use Windows Movie Maker for videos. I haven't made any LotR ones yet, as the DVD drive on my computer doesn't really work. But, I'll see if I can be of service. WMM is really simple to use...
I would start out with the song. So, pick out your song, and know where it is on your computer. Now, View> Task Pane> 1.Capture Video> Import audio or music.
Find your song and load it up. Then select the Timeline view, and drag it down to the Audio/ Music area at the very bottom. If you want to cut out any part of the song, like the intro or anything, do it now by trimming it down.
Now it's time to add the video....
Import your video stuff. Drag the first clip you want to use to the Video section of the Timeline. Trim it how you want it to be, in time with the music and everything. Repeat as many times as need be until the video is finished.
You can also add Video Effects or Transitions. You'll want to switch to the Storyboard view for those.

Ach, I don't know how you'll be able to understand anything I just said. But maybe it actually helped. Hope it did. I have NeroVision or whatever it's called, but I just got it and I have no idea how to use it yet.
If I may ask a question, how does one get stuff from a DVD onto one's computer?
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 10:48
Good question. I've never done it myself but there is software out there for "backing up DVDs" which will pull out the files and read them for you. Try a google search for "DVD ripping" etc.

j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 02:45
Well, apparantly we've LOST movie maker, so does anyone know how to use Power Director (Medion)?
Gildor-Inglorion
Elvellon ar Pethdan
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 06:22
I think what you will find is that most editing software will handle about the same (at a given tier point - for instance high end pro software is going to handle differently than home editing software. It's also going to cost 10x more).

I'd recommend downloading the demos of the following software. They each have their own quirks so you can choose which interface feels best to you.

Premiere Elements
http://www.adobe.com/products/premiereel/overview.html

Sony Vegas Movie Studio
http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/products/showproduct.asp?PID=932

Ulead Video Studio
http://www.ulead.com/vs/features.htm

Of course, also download a demo of PowerDirector as well.

The benefit of the software I listed above though is that you can move up to these companies higher end products if you get very serious about editing easier than starting out with a different companies software. Anyway, give 'em a shot and see what you like best.

I can give some pointers and basic tutorials if you need them.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 02:38
*nervous giggle*
we found movie maker again. But it won't let us use music from cd's, so we have to use downloads. Are there any good music download pages?
arwen_the_evenstar
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 02, 2006 03:20
I've had that problem for ages j_mercuryuk. I also have iTunes installed and I stupidly thought that I could take songs from the library there and use them in vids- and you can't.

I am not sure about music download pages... when I am listening to music in Windows Media Player I usually just click on the tab which says 'Media Guide' and then type the title of the song I want into there. Although I have never tried actually importing it into a music vid.

I've never actually attempting to make LOTR music vids although I think that is a great idea. I am just new to this so I am just trying things out with Windows Movie Maker and trying to make a decent looking LOST video.

Let me know how you get on with importing songs j_mercuryuk, because I would like to know if you managed to import one successfully or not!

Namarie,
~Arwen
aronoiiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:20
Oddly enough it's about Aragorn and Arwen lol but I thought it came out pretty good. Please feel free to let me know what you all think ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujd1vdEmWMc

[Edited on 21/6/2011 by ~nólemë~]
Aragorn16Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:21
Very Well done! I have seen sooooo many lotr music videos that have terrible quility, yours was perfect! And I liked the way the clips of the film lined up with the words of the song. Awsome job.

~Chris~
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever. - Psalm 23
aronoiiel
Council Member
Send Message
wow lol thank you so much I'm glad you enjoyed it ^_^
sophianell
Council Member
Send Message
I definitely agree. This one isn't boring either. I watched it from start to end. Didn't even bother clicking the close button...Nice one!

Regards,
sophianell
Ordinateur portable pas cher

aronoiiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:22
Thanks Sophianell ^_^ I was actually really concerned when I started the vid because it was such an upbeat song and figured some people might not like it. I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the comment ^_^
aronoiiel
Council Member
Send Message
My friend popped up one day and pretty much challenged me to make a music vid to Unleash the Beast by DJ Outblast. Of course the only footage I have on my computer right now it LOTR. This was the end result after days of editing and WMM eating it twice. *shakes head* it's supposed to be fun not to serious I love making it. Enjoy ^_^ comments greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuyvxOMfMRc

[Edited on 18/11/2009 by aronoiiel]
Feyna
Council Member
Send Message
LOL nice!
I really like your other LOTR video 'Hope and Light (Aragorn and Arwen)'
aronoiiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:23
lol thank you I really enjoyed making the other one I think I might remake it when I get a better editing program but it still turned out good ^_^ This one was more to blow off steam than anything else LOL
Simbelmyne3434
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Tolkien Music Videos
on: December 02, 2012 05:20
This is my ultimate FOTR "music video." Enjoy and let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4f6s64F1G0
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2012 06:07
thats awesome
~Fëanor_Curufinwë~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2012 05:18
I've only made one 'music video' that has anything to do with LotR.
And it's actually the Beren and Luthien song done by Caprice. Pretty much a lyric video. Because I didn't have any footage of anything at the time.

Yes, I know the dude in the leaves is Daeron, not Beren. But I just hoped no one would notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA8u7o_0FTM
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 10:28
I just happened to come across these wonderful videos. I cannot imagine how any of you made them but they are truly awesome.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
darranchick
Council Member
Send Message
Post A tribute to the music in the hobbit and lord of the rings
on: May 03, 2013 05:54
Hey guys

Thought you would all enjoy this video! It's a marathon remix of songs from both The Hobbit & LOTR...

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWlGyNUKIJM
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: A tribute to the music in the hobbit and lord of the rings
on: May 03, 2013 05:54
That awesome!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email