Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
Post Defying Gravity (see OCC please)
on: June 13, 2004 05:50
It's time to try defying gravity. I think i'll try defying gravity. and you can't pull me down! Kiss me goodbye I'm defying gravity! Just you and I defying gravity. They'll never bring us down. I hope you're happy in the end! So if you care to find me, look to the western sky. As someone told me lately, everyone deserves a chance to fly. At least I'm flying free, to those who ground me, send a message to them from me. Tell them how I'm defying gravity! I'm flying high defying gravity. And nobody is ever gonna bring me down!!!!!

see the OOC for the story!
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Defying Gravity (see OCC please)
on: June 15, 2004 08:56
Ayden walked slowly around the school, it was very quite at this time of day. Most students were at lunch, but she didn't have any friends here, so the young witch spent the hour just walking outside. Her familiar, Luin, flew above her, sometimes perching on her shoulder. He was a crow today, matching her mood of anger, and downright sadness.
She had never really been happy, she had no family, lived at the school year-round. No one payed attention to her, but she was still and intelligent and quite attractive girl. Ayden sighed and sat upon one of the stone benches in the front of the school.
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 09:53
Catriona looked around the school, perhaps it would be more welcoming than her last back home. She hadn't made any friends so far and the person she had spoken to the most was the librarian as she had tended to spend her time there reading countless books. Her parents lived nearby so she could go home when she pleased, but she tended to stay in the library and she was even allowed to sleep in it. She wasn't bullied yet, but she was sure that people hated her here just like her old school. She was the only witch there, and her so-called best friend had betrayed her after a spell went wrong. her tabby cat, was snuggling at her feet. She was glad she had taken it.eventually she was tired of being cooked up inside and decided to go outside for a walk. Seh still had to gt used to the weather here, it was a little to warm for her. Plus she was scared about her skin getting burnt, it was a curse of her family being red-headed and fair skinned. She was from Scotland orginally but had to move because her Dad had a transfer. She was walking around aimlessly when she saw a girl sitting on a bench by herself with a crow.
'Cat,' she thought to herself, 'As long as you don't look inot her eyes you won't see her soul. Maybe even if you explain it to her she'll understand.'
"Um, excuse me," she said, mentally cursing her accent for being so broad, "Would it be alright if I sit down here?"
The girl didn't reply, so Catriona went and sat down, telling her cat not to go near the bird. She decided to strike up a conversation.
"Hi, I'm kinda of new here," said Catriona, "My name is Catriona, or Cat for short. What's your name?"
Catriona loked at her and then unluckily she looked into the girls eyes. She could see this girl had a pretty dark soul, she never knew her family and seemed not to know the meaning of joy or love or happiness.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2004 10:21
(btw, we're still in england so it's not very sunny! sorry i didn't mention that)

Ayden turned to face her. 'Ayden, I've been here for a long time. You'll get used to it here. Why aren't you eating lunch?' Then, seeing a sudden startled look on the girl's face, she asked, 'What's wrong?'
'O, nothing,' Cat answered.
'It's going to rain soon,' Ayden said and looked down at her feet. 'You might want to go inside.'
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 07:37
((ooc that's okay, but the weather down south is alot warmer than up here. Trust me Scotland's weather hasd to be the worst in the UK))
Cat looked at the girl, she seemed embrassed about something. she couldn't resisit it, bt she looked inot the girls eyes again. This time she saw something that both astonished her and pleased her. Ayden was a witch like her.
"The rain doesn't bother me," replied Cat, "Got it enough back home it's nothing to me. I know this seems weird, but by any chance are you a witch?" Seeing teh shocked look on Ayden's face, she added, "Don't look so shocked, I'm a witch too. I had to leave my last school because of it. why don't you coem to the library with me? I have read a brilliant book, it dates back a few hundred years."
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 07:43
((I don't know much about schools in England, so sorry if I'm not entirely accurate... ^^'))

Riley sighed miserably. His first day in his new school so far hadnt been so great- things here were so different then they had been in America! With a sigh he found himself wishing (and not for the first time) that his mom had been able to find work in his home country instead of a job all the way across the ocean.

"It's only temporary," she had told him. How temporary could it be if the job was so great she was willing to go to a different country? At least he wouldn't have to visit his dad on weekends anymore...

He sighed and took a seat on a bench outside the front of the school- though most kids were eating lunch now, he didn't feel very hungry. There were two other girls sitting outside, and he wondered why they weren't inside with all the others. He decided to take his chances in asking.

"Hey," he said, approaching them, frowning a bit at the sound of his own voice, which was very American and not like anyone else's. Though he would insist they were the ones wiht accents, anyone else would tell him otherwise. He shook his head to clear these thoughts away and gave the two girls a small smile. "I was just wondering why neither of you is inside with everyone else. I would have thought the only one who would hang around out here is a new kid like me without any friends."
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 07:55
Ayden ddin't get a chance to reply as an American boy came up and spoek to them.
Cat looked at the American boy, she was guessing that he felt worse than her. She did know of other Scottish people in the area, though she didn't think there was an Americans living here.
"I don't like it in there," said Cat her accent strong, "I just feel like something is going to happen, I mean we just beat them for the first time in years in football, or soccer as you call it. so anyone Scottish isn't exactly flavour of the month in there. I don't really feel hungry. I'm new as well, I just moved dwon here."
Cat unluckily looked in his eyes, he did have his parents, though they weren't together. He was feeling down.
'Cat,' she thought, 'stop treating him like a potion or an experiment.'
"We are going to the library. do you want to come?" asked Cat, "It's jsut that I have found an intresting book.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 08:13
((My char's in the DB, but I'm going to change where he's from, cause I usually use him in Tolkien. I'm also changing his sister so that they're twins. And sorry if this doesn't make much sense. Don't know much about schools at all.))

Ashiaro glanced over several books as he was searching for one that his sister suggested he'd read. It was his first day in an English school, and it was very uncomfortable, even though he had his twin sister, Thacia. England was not at all like their home in Australia had been. He sighed, missing his old friends even more. He knew he'd be teased. If not for his strong accent, then it would be for his height. He was tall, only a few inches shy of six feet tall, and very slight in build. His bright green eyes was another reason he was teased at his old school.

"Ashiaro," a voice came from behind. Her accent sounded almost exactly like his, but it was a bit softer, not as strong of an accent. "Dad said we had to walk home after school today." Ashiaro sighed and turned to face his twin sister. Ever since their mom had died two years ago, life hadn't been the same. Their father had absorbed himself in work, teaching full-time at a local university, leaving the house at three in the morning and not returning home until the twins were asleep.

Ashiaro nodded. "Thanks, Thace," he said. He shook his head to himself. The weather in England was different than in Australia, where it was usually warm. Here, it just seemed like it wanted to rain all the time. With a long expression on his face, he turned back to looking for the book.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 09:25
(woa! i'm glad you guys all joined, yayness! o and i know what you mean by the bad weather, i'm scottish, born and raised there till i was 11!)

Ayden smiled at Riley, 'I'm not very social,' she admitted. 'I've been going here a few years, it hasn't gotten better for me, but it probably will for you. So you are both new? Well, if you ever need help finding your way around, just let me know. I've been to every corridor, room, closet, attic, and secret passage way in this school!' she laughed faintly then turned her brilliant blue eyes to the ground again.
i am a witch she transfered to Cat. are you?

[Edited on 16/6/2004 by PrincePeregrinTook]
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 09:38
((ooc another scot, it is always a good thing, there is too few of us online. One question what area of england is it set in?))
Cat was thinking about the book she had read, but all of a sudden she was interuppted by a voice in her head. It was Ayden's saying, "I'm a witch. Are you?"
She transferred back, "Yeah, my whole family are. I jsut found a book in the library which said something about a hidden gem that can help us witches with spells and it also holds the key to a secret. Then the writing disappears."
She then spoke normally, "So do you want to visit the library? The librarian will lets us have free rein over it."
She teh began to think about the book, teh gem was one unknown to anyone that didn't practice witchcraft and even those who did hardly knew about it. Only a few covens were privied to it's knowledge. As it had the power to destroy the world.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2004 05:31
Riley watched as the two girls paused for a moment, both seemingly lost int heir own thought.

But you know that's not all, a soft voice inside his head prodded. You know you could tell what they're thinking... why not give it a try?

No. It's not right. None of it is. He found himself desperately missing his stepsister Callie again. That was another thing that sucked about this move- he would only see on her on holidays.

"The library sounds fine," he said, and the three of them went back inside to the library.

It was virtually empty, aside from someone who looked a bit out of place. He was tall- not nearly as tall as Riley, of course, but then again six-foot-three was a hard height to beat. He seemed a bit uncomfortable as well. The girls were talking amoungst themselves, so he decided to go greet the other boy.

"Ayden, Cat," he said, without even realizing he had read their thoughts to find out their names, "I'm going to go talk to him." He left them and approached the stranger.

"Hey," he said. "Do you mind if I hang out with you for a few mintues? I'm new here, sorry if that bugs you," he said, his manner as forward as always. He began scanning the books on the shelf, not really sure if he was looking for anything in particular. At least it was nice to have some company.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 05:05
"Hey," he said. "Do you mind if I hang out with you for a few mintues? I'm new here, sorry if that bugs you," a tall boy, even taller than himself, approached Ashiaro.

"Of course not, matey," Ashiaro replied. He was glad that he was not the only new person here, and that the other newcomer had an accent, too, but it was unlike one he'd ever heard before. "I'm new here, too. Just moved here during the summer from Australia." He paused for a moment, continuing to look for the book that Thacia had recommended to him. "I'm Ashiaro and my twin sister Thacia, or Thace, is somewhere 'round 'ere. Don't mean to be rude or anything, but who are you? Are you from somewhere else?"
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 05:57
Ayden looked after Riley as he approached a new boy. She sighed, knowing how he had figured out her name. So you're one of us too? she thought to herself or are you something different Ayden turned back to Cat who was seraching for the book she had told her about.
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 10:16
'It was around here somewhere yesterday,' thought Cat, 'I am sure of it.' She looked over the bookshelf, she had found it.
"Found it," she said to Ayden, she then took it over to a table. She thne searched through the pages to teh bit about teh gem.
"Here it is the Gem of the Mountains," said Cat, showing Ayden a picture of teh gem whihc was half-black, half-white, "It doesn't say much about it in the book. Apart from teh fact it cna be found in Europe. Though my family are from a coven whihc knows about it. It is actually hidden either in Cumbria, Wales, Ireland and Scotland. It has the power to destroy the world or heal all it's hurts. That is why only a few covens know about it and they are the age old covens. It is also saying in the book, that it cures bad spells. Though it must be burnt after use and the ashes of teh old gem must be either eaten or cast into the sky." The writing disappeared again. "I can remember a story I was told when I was brought inot the coven. It tells of a king, but not whihc. Who fee#ll near the stone and reshaped British history. i would believe it to be Arthur,m but it is not so. though I ws told it is not a specific time. Sorry for babbling a bit. But it isn't liek anyone here will tell, even if the boys heard it. I can erase their memories. So do you think we shoudl ask them about it?"
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 12:26
Ayden listened to what Cat was reading with interest.
'Should we tell them about it?'
She looked over to Riley and the other boy, watching them for a moment. 'He knew our names without even asking, I think Riley's something like us. But I'm afraid to ask,' she said and turned back to Cat. 'There are some ways to tell without asking straight out.'
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2004 03:31
"Oh? Australia?" Ashiaro nodded, and Riley gave him an uncharacteristically warm smile. "I'm from America. Wisconsin, to be exact. Bit of a climate change, eh?" he said, and the other boy nodded with a small smile.

He glanced back at the bookshelf and something caught his eye.

"Hey, I have this book," he said, picking out the library's copy of The Hobbit. The book looked small in his large hands, and he was careful not to drop it- he wasn't entirely graceful. "One of my favorites." He looked back to Ashiaro. "So are you into surfing? I've always wanted to try that, I'm not so great at skateboarding yet but then again it's probably not the same thing."

He had the distinctly creepy feeling of someone watching him, and he turned his head to see Cat and Ayden staring back at him. He frowned, turning the book over in his hands...

...when it suddenly slipped out and fell to the floor. Or it would have, if it hadn't suddenly halted it's descent to float a foot or so above the floor. He didn't even realize he was doing it at first.

Oh crap, he thought, willing himself to let the book fall to the floor. He then bent over to pick it up, throwing a glance back in the girl's direction. They were still watching him, and he looked away quickly, hoping Ashiaro hadn't noticed.

"Have you met those two yet?" he asked quickly, pointing back over his shoulder to Cat and Ayden.
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 07:47
"I think we should get them over, but I'll put the book in my bag first," said Cat, placing the rather large book in her bag, "but if he does turn out to be something like us, well it will be okay. Maybe he can help."
"Riley come over here a minute and bring your friend too!" shouted Ayden, Riley and Ashiaro over.
They slowly made their way over to the two girls, weaving their way through the maze of bookshelves.
"Managed to do it without getting lost?" joked Cat, "nah this is the biggest library I have seen in a long time. Actually the biggest since the Edinburgh one. So who is your new friedn then?"
"His name is Ashiaro, yet another student not from England. He is Austrailan," said Riley.
"Your taking over the school," joked Ayden.
Cat decided to test to see if Riley was one of them, but she quickly said to Ayden, mentally to keep talking to Ashiaro. She was going to check if Riley was one of tehm or like thm.
'Riley,' she said mentally to him, 'Answer back if you can hear me. I just want to check ot see if you are like me and Ayden. answer me if you are and if not. Well a waste of brain power.'
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 08:40
Ayden noticed what Riley had done, she didn't say anything though. When she had accidently used her powers with people around, she had always quickly covered it up and hoped nobody would notice. So the girl didn't draw attention to it.
'So is Australia interesting?' she asked Ashiaro. 'I've never been outside England.' Ayden wasn't good at creating conversation, especially boys. She decided to let him do most of the talking.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 08:46
"So, is Australia interesting?" Ayden asked Ashiaro. "I've never been outside of England."

He quirked his ears slightly, hoping that no one would notice how pointed they were. ((According to the description in the DB, Ashiaro can read minds fairly well, but usually chooses not to, just to let you know.))

"I guess," he said. "But it's really warm there." His mind traveled back to when Riley made the book float above the ground, wishing that he could do something like that. But he wasn't like that. He could read minds, well sort of. Nearly constantly, he could read Thacia's mind, but they were twins. He sensed that Ayden and Cat knew things about each other that he didn't, but he decided not to say anything.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 04:57
Riley, answer back if you can hear me. I just want to check to see if you are like me and Ayden..."

Riely visably started at the sound of Cat's voice in his head. His abilities hadn't yet developed to the point of him being able to send out a clear, strong message, but what he was able to send out was unmistakable: Get out of my head!

"I want to go find my next classroom now so I'm not late," he said suddenly. "See you guys later." He left rapidly, pretending he wasn't able to hear Cat trying to call him back- though whether or not that was in his mind he wasn't quite sure.

Digging a slightly-crumpled paper out of his pocket, he checked it to see where his next classroom was. He had written them all down, though he hadn't written the subject the classroom was for. He found the room quickly- it was dark with no lights on, and empty. He took a seat in the back and put his elbow on the desk so he might rest his head in his hand.

Like her and Ayden, he thought with a sigh. I hardly even know them. At least Ayden wasn't digging around in my head... then again Cat was just wondering. He let out another sigh. When he got home it was going to be straight to the computer, to see if Callie was online. He wanted to talk to her.

He was so deep in his own thoughts that he hardly noticed when another entered the silent room.

((Since we're moving, my mom is getting rid of the net, so I don't know how much I'll be posting. I'll try to get to a library but I can't promise anything... ))
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2004 11:28
'You stupid little cow,' Cat thought to herself, 'Scaring the poor boy of like that. He's probably half-scared of his powers. I always know how to muck things up. At least I have been brought up with them. Crap, mum will kill me for going inot someone's mind wihtout their permission.'
'But you were just curious,' answered a little voice in her head, 'You just wanted to know. Why you and Ayden could probably help him'
She tried shouting at him normally to come back, but he just kept walking out the room.
'Just get yourself a book and go and apologise to the guy, you eejit,' said the same little voice in her head, 'Take Ayden and Ashiaro with you.'
'What and admit you were an eejit,' said the arragont voice in her head.
"Shut up!" she shouted out loud, Ayden and Ashiaro looked at her, "Sorry not you guys, I just heard inane babbling in my head."
'Brilliant story,' she thought to herself, 'Really good Cat.'
She decided to do what the little voice said and went to find 'The Silmarillion', a book which, normally, calmed her down.
"Sorry about that little outburst earlier, I wasn't talking to you guys," apologised Cat, who was still red from her earlier outburst, "Do you want to go and find Riley?"
She quickly added in thought to Ayden, 'Don't go into his mind. He doesn't like it. I think he might fear his powers.'
Ayden and Ashiaro quickly nodded and so they began their search to try and find him. Cat suddenly looked at them both as they left the library. She noticed something about Ashiaro, his ears were slightly pointed. She shook that thought away, it was just a little quirk, everyone had something weird about them. She knew she wasn't perfect, far from it really. Coming from a generations old witch family. But this time she wouldn't tell her parents about what she had discovered, no she wanted to keep this to herself. She had managed to ruin things before.
They then found a darkened classroom, Cat was unsure to go in or not, because frankly she was sort of afraid of the dark. She waited until the other two were in first then went in after them, embrassed that she was still afraid of the dark.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2004 04:59
Ayden sighed, 'Cat, this is my next class anyways, history. And maybe we shouldn't be following him.' The anti-social part of her was taking over again. Or at least not talking to him like that. We should try talking to him normally. It was a good idea though, Cat. 'Lunch is over, everyone should be coming soon.'
Ayden stepped through the door and flipped on the light switch, only a few of the overhead lights came on. She sighed again, Mr Knot's classroom had never been the best in the school. She took her normal seat in the back, ignoring Riley, she didn't want to be too clingy. And like she had said earlier, Ayden was anti-social.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 04:04
(had to post again, don't want to lose this thread! come on guys.)
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 08:11
((Sorry, thought I'd lose the net today, then it was changed to tomorrow, but I've been packing all day anyways... :s))

Riley glanced up as Ayden entered the classroom. There was a long moment where neither of them said anything, during which Riley dug a notebook and pen out of his bag and began doodling all over the back- a nervous habit, something he often did before tests. Especially Physical Science back home. Not that he wasn't good at it, he just couldn't stand it. Who cared about levers, pulleys, force, and mass anyways? Certainly not him.

"What class is this?" he asked the silent girl finally, not bothering to look up from the squiggle that was making it's way around the edges on the back of the book.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 05:59
'History,' she told him, 'with Mr Knot.'
'What kind of a teacher is he?' Riley asked.
'Old, he lectures a lot, and most people in this class are rather immature so they all start passing notes. I usually manage to take down a page or so of notes, but it's my favourite class. You'll probably enjoy it,' she smiled and turned back to what she had been writing in her notebook as more students began to file in.

(curse me, i'm leaving on saturday for a week, i'll be in Celina, Tennesse working on houses. yay, so keep the rp going, you can play out my character if you need to. I'm really sorry! :cry: )
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 08:45
Ashiaro slid into a seat just before the bell rang. He sighed, as he removed his multicoloured notebook from his school bag, opening to a blank page. It had been a gift from his friend before they left Australia to move to England. As Mr. Knot kept lecturing the class, after calling role, of course, Ashiaro found himself drawing. Pictures of Elves, dwarves, wizards, even.
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 09:40
Cat looked out the window, she wish she had an excuse to get out of History or she wished she could learn what she wnated and needed to learn. But no, she recieved that from her parents. They taught her the history of her coven and also her country, with bits that would be told to normal teenagers. That was the history she knew and loved, she hated learning history at school, but kept her grades up. even though she hardly took notes in class. Plus all the teacher went on about was rubbish stuff she had learned years ago. Tudors, Stuarts or Stewarts as she knew them. Not once did she leanr about er own country's history down here. Ha, they talked about one of Scotland's most admired men with disgust. She let her mind wander and looked at what everyone was doing, Ashiaro was draing pictures of whihc she was sure were elves, dwarves and wizards. The scary thing was that they looked so real and the way she had imagined them. She turned to Ashiaro and asked him, "How can you draw so well and life-like? The elves seem like they could jump off the page."
Ashiaro replied, "It's nothing, it's all natural."
Cat didn't press any more, she knew he was keeping something from her. She didn't press him, she had learned not to do that. But still there was something about him that she couldn't place her finger on.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 02:46
Ayden couldn't pay attention today, her mind kept wandering. She had lessons with Orofin tonight. He would be angry at her for not using magic since the week before. He was always angry at her for something. The young witch knew he loved her deep down, but he always disaplined her, leaving a permanent scar on her left palm. She glanced sideways at Riley, then at Cat and Ashiaro who seemed to be talking. Other kids were passing notes, some sleeping, there were all very furtive, most students were experts a hiding notes. She quick ripped out a scrap of notebook paper and wrote. Riley, sorry about what happened earlier. Cat didn't mean to scare you and nor do I. I hope we can be friends.
- Ayden-

She dropped it to the floor and using her foot, moved it over to Riley's foot, nudging it to let him know a note was there.

(yay Les Mis! one of my favourites)

[Edited on 23/6/2004 by PrincePeregrinTook]
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 03:29
(hey guys! I'm leaving soon, but don't let this post die!)
Findulas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 08:48
Cat was staring out the window once more, there was someone waving from outside at her. It was......It was one of her friends from the coven back home. she had to make an excuse to get out the classroom.
"Excuse me, Mr Knot I don't feel well," she said, "Can I please go to the toliets?"
"Sure on you go," he replied, going back to whatever he was droning on about. how anyone passed the class hse didn't know. She quickly ran outside.
"Eilidh what are you doing here?" she asked, hugging Eilidh.
"Well Mum and Dad were coming on a holiday down south. So I convinced them to visit you and your parents," replied Eilidh, "Anyway Mum needed to tell your Mum more news about the gem. They actually now know the location of it, or thereabouts anyway."
"Already, lucky gits. Where did your Mum say it was?" asked Cat.
"Well she said the Southern Uplands, or the Lake District or way up in the Highlands," replied Eilidh.
"That is a little better, but still the highlands is a huge expanse of land, even for us," agrued Cat, "We would have to get every coven in britain on it, and then we could only use the ones we trust."
"Step ahead of you there Cat," said Eilidh, "That has already been done and there is going to be a huge meeting soon. We also need trustworthy people to coem who don't belong to a coven that knows about it."
"Well then, you won't mind me and a few folk I have met here," said Cat, "They are all trustworthy and I found a book on the gem."
"Honestly?" asked Eilidh.
"yeah i'll show you it when I get home. I need to get back to class," replied Cat, "See you when I get home." Cat ran back to History. She could probably get Ayden to come along, though she was unsure about the two boys. She would ask them after History.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2004 02:00
(haha i'm back from tennesse! and my voice is messed up cus i'm losing it and i'm stuck with a scottish and southern american accent! it's pretty interesting!)
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 09:07
((I don't have an accent. But I've had several people come up to me at the mall or something and ask me where I'm from...so, apparently, I do have an accent. People ask me if I'm from Australia. Am not....))

"How can you always seem to draw so well and so life-like?" Cat asked him whilst he was doodling on his notes. Well, he wasn't exactly taking notes. Somehow, he had the talent to listen and record a lecture subconscienciously (was that spelled right? probably not. oh well...) and remember them later. Sort of a way of learning things, he thought to himself.

"I guess it's just natural," he whispered back. He'd been drawing since he could hold a pencil, before he could even write his own name. He doodled a quick sketch of an Elf maiden, of a woodland realm. She had long, beautiful, golden hair and a silvery-white dress on. Her eyes were perfectly shaped, and her hands, delicate against a tree. He carefully wrote a single name on the drawing: Miriel. He sighed to himself, and continued listening to Mr. Knot. He didn't like Mr. Knot. The history teacher was boring, droning on about all the dynasties of England and how great they were blah blah blah. He also talked about how evil the French were and how they fought with England several years ago blah blah blah.

He scribbled a note on a piece of paper and handed it to Ayden:

You doing anything this afternoon?

He honestly hoped she could read his handwriting, but then again, it was practically a mess. "Illegible scral," one of his teachers had called it. And it was a miricle that he could draw the way he could. He turned back to his drawing, carefully erasing the lines that he had made for the tree, and replacing them with an Elf. Himself.
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 08:57
Ayden felt someone's hand bumb her arm, shaking her out of a daydream. She turned to find Ashiaro handing her a note. Reading it, Ayden smiled faintly and wrote back

No. If you want, meet me in the entry hall around 2.

Her handwriting was just as bad, probably worse since she wrote in cursive. Ayden handed it back and went back to staring blankly at the board.

(just to remind you all, this is kind of like Hogwarts, in the way that it is a bording school if you wish to live at it! kk.)
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 05:11
((I don't know what Hogwarts is like. *blushes* Have not yet read Harry Potter))

Ashiaro nodded slightly, a descreet motion that Mr. Knot probably would not detect. He glanced at the clock, wondering when school was going to let out, or at least this horrible class.

Mr. Knot still droned on about English history. Ashiaro sighed. He would have much rather learnt about the history of Australia, where he came from. He smiled, glad to know that someone else had messy handwriting. He finished drawing his cloak, carefully drawn, clasped around his shoulders with a firm knot.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email