Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
Post Corruption By Rule (A Mage's Quest Spin-off/Prequel, Free)
on: June 25, 2004 05:47
OOC: Don't worry if you haven't RP'ed in A Mage's Questm because this story will explain everything as it goes. Just join in as a character in any time you like.

His robes reaked the stench of blood and human saliva, moth eaten almost everywhere, it revealed the wrinkly skin of his frail body. Ramanth limped toward the throne room of his once thriving castle. He remembered. Walls made of diamond and windows lined with gold. Fresh air could be breathed. Guards secured the palace tightly, and servants were loyal to theur leader. It certainly was a much happier time.

Now, those times were gone. Shattered walls, broken shards of glass lay everywhere, along with the corpses of the guards, and the decay of the carcases made the air anything but breathable.

Ramanth leaned on his staff as he continued to walk to the center of the room, while rats fled from his shadow.

"I..." Ramanth whispered, "I...have lost"

He went on his knees and began to whimper, and soon, soft tears flowed from his wrinkled eyes.

Then, out of the cloister leading to the room, a man in a leather jacket appeared. His skin white as snow, and his eyes red as blood.

"Ramanth," he said, "It is time."

Ramanth slowly turned around and wiped a tear when he saw the man, and finally he got up with the support of his staff.

"Are you ready?" The white man said.

"Yes."

"Okay, there's no turning back from here. You have chosen your own..."

The age of magic had long passed in Chaonia. Now, machinery have become the people's lives. And guns, conveniently small trinkets that delivered a death blow in one shot, were the new form of weaponry...

The white man reached into his coat pocket, and drew out his own gun. As the pointed the barrel at Ramanth's head, the small cracks of light flashed the side of the gun, revealing the word "Ultimegas."

Ramanth closed his eyes and let out a few more tears. I have lost he thought I have-...

But, before he could finish his final thought, the sharpened bullet of the Ultimegas punctured his skull while stabbing into the brain, and left but a small red hole in the middle of Ramanth's forehead.

After putting the gun back in his pocket, the white man kneeled down to Ramanth's corpse. Picking his body up, he whispered in his ear, "You have lost indeed, old man..."

Before the happier times, Ramanth was a teenager, just like other people. He was always playing with his twin brother and best friend, Theseus. They were both thankful they were fraternal, because they hate to have everyone talk about if they wear the same clothes as each other, or if they have the same colored staff.

They were of the royal family, which meant that exposure and publicity was a part of their daily lives. Even though it was a nice lifestyle of luxury, the lack of privacy was annoying, and even haunting.

Still, that publicity helped them get partners in adventuring, which was one of the boys' favorite hobbies. They would go fight off small imps in the forest, or build small dragons out of wood and pigskins and pretend to fly them across the kingdom, destroying innocent villagers by unleashing a heavy breath of fire.

As the years went on, the boys received more followers while some disbanded for their lovers, or they just got bored of it. But, Theseus and Ramanth never did. As they became teenagers, they began to take on heavier challenges, such as killing Mandragora or small Ents, and began to breed real dragons and protect the kingdom from orcs or invading druids and hired mercenaries. It seemed that their tasks became harder every passing day.

But, it had been a few months that the boys went adventuring, and needed some action. All the other kids weren't too interested. Teenagers had other stuff to do, even back then. So, the boys went off to neighboring villages, posting signs for free volunteers. The signs read:

TWO YOUTH SEEK ADVENTURE IN ARACHNIS FOREST.
SOME PAY BUT GREATER ACTION. PROVIDE OWN PROVISION. MEET AT KAYLETON KINGDOM GATE.
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Corruption By Rule (A Mage's Quest Spin-off/Prequel, Free)
on: June 25, 2004 06:11
Kenrick read the sign posted on a wall in his way home

"I should like to do this, I wonder if they've been to anywhere else but the forest>"

He set out to the gates and met the boys there

"What shall we be doing?"

Kenrick was magi and thus always open for adventure, he ahd strudied in the towers when he was young and now he wore full robes of a highly respected magic-user.
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 11:13
((OOC-I've never played this but you said we could join anyways))

Phoenix was a young lady, just becoming 17. She had short black hair that glistened a mysterious way in the moonlight, and also a pair of deep blue eyes to go with it. Phoenix wasn't her real name, but she loved to listen to stories about these legendary birds, so she called herself Phoenix to cover up Chelsea.

"How peculiar." Phoenix said as she read the sigh posted in a shop window.

"Why would anyone want to go on an adventure when they should be working like normal boy do." Phoenix turned around and saw her mother holding her baby brother. "Unlike your friend Kenrick. I saw him headed towards the gate a few minutes ago."

Her mother winked, giving Phoenix the hint that she could go with him. "But don't forget to get your things, and be careful."

Phoenix rolled her eyes and rushed home to pack a few things before she went on her way. She caught up with Kendrick a few minutes later. "It's a wonderful day don't you think sir?" Phoenix asked him.

Kendrick stopped walking and was about to say something before Phe (fee) stopped him. "Nowhere, on that sign did it say girls weren't allowed to go!"
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 03:27
"I was only going to say that I would like a little female company considering that the others are all male, lady."

Kenrick bowed low, extending his hand to take and kiss her's

"Welcome aboard."
aragornlvr912
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 08:21
Kenrick bowed low, extending his hand to take and kiss Phoenix's.

"Welcome aboard."

Phoenix blushed as Kenrick kissed her hand. "You don't have to be like that Ken! You know I was kidding right? About the whole 'sir' thing?!"

"What shall we be doing?" Kenrick asked avoiding the question.

((Hey Elrohir? How old is Kenrick??))
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2004 12:44
(He's about 17)

"Indeed you may have been, but the mage is always the gentleman."
tasuki1000
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 05:08
The pale man took gentle steps as he walked into a small hay-made hut, the corpse of Ramanth resting on his arms. Inside the hut, a woman in colorful garments sat at an end table, sipping out of a cup. She wasn't surprised as the pale man walked in.

"Finally. You got him. Are you going to celebrate?" the woman put her cup down on a saucer.

The pale man let out a sarcastic and fake laugh, "Haha funny. The only good part about his death was this."

The man flashed the gun at the woman, letting "Ultimegas" glint against the light.

"What!" she got off of her chair, "but...wouldn't it have been better if he died with a spell from your staff?"

"Hm...See, I thought that too, but then, a killing with the most powerful weapon in all Chaonia would be more honorable. For him, I mean. And, I am a mercenary, a hitman, not a mage anymore. I kill with bullets."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hm, pretty big place." Theseus said.

"Yeah." Ramanth said, "some good equipment, too!"

The two brothers were window-shopping for weapons and armor in the village or Grathiar. They WERE royalty, but their funds weren't TOO sufficient, so to speak.

Theseus sighed, "Don't worry, we'll get this someday, after some adventuring."

Suddenly, a huge explosion struck. Both brothers turned their heads, and saw colorful smokes of blue and red rising from the epicenter. Citizens began to scream and run around.

"Speaking off adventuring..." Ramanth said, "this should be the
perfect opportunity!"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email