Register

Author Topic:
Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
Post Brilliance of the Moon (see OOC)
on: July 02, 2004 01:47
((FINALLY!!))

Shizuka was in deep thought. Kaede had been foolish in marrying Takeo. There would be consequences- for one, Arai would not like it. Shizuka tried to push her thoughts away when seeing her sons, but they only reminded her of Arai. She had given him two sons. Still, Arai had tried to kill her under Kaede’s protection. Shizuka knew she would never be forgiven.

Hana’s tears started for the third time that day, “When is sister coming back? I want her back!”
“Shh! Our sister would not want you to cry, Hana. Wipe away your tears, little sister.” Ai said, trying to comfort her. Her mind was busy with thoughts of Kaede also. What was she doing right now? Had she made the alliance with Lord Arai yet?
Ai chewed her lip nervously. “Ayame!” She called towards the kitchen. “Ayame! Take Hana outside.” Ai couldn’t think with such noise around her.
Hana’s crying echoed outside like a thought in Ai’s head, copming back again and again. Shoji Kiyoshi entered the room and bowed slightly to Ai. Ai suddenly realised she was in charge of the Kaede Shirakawa house while Kaede was away.

[Edited on 2/7/2004 by Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell]

[Edited on 6/7/2004 by Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Brilliance of the Moon (see OOC)
on: July 04, 2004 02:39
((aargh! I can't write in 1st person!.. oh well.. here goes!))

I paced the little room, thinking of what to do. Somehow, I had to lead a thousand men to Maruyama, without being killed on the way. Staring outside, I knew it would be difficult to leave the sanctuary of Terayama. The winter and spring had been those of bliss, with my beautiful young wife at my side. I could not believe that after all the trouble we'd been through, I'd finally managed to marry Kaede.
Suddenly, Makoto appeared in the doorway.
"Lord Takeo?" He smiled, and bowed, mostly for formality. I greeted him, and both of us sat on the ground, and discussed our tactics.
We'd been through this countless times before, but Makoto wanted everything to be clear before we left.

(( I'll carry on later/soon/tomorrow/when I have a chance to ))

[Edited on 4/7/2004 by anduril269]
Star_of_Earendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2004 10:58
((And here`s mine ))

Kaede stood alone, her gaze directed towards the trees. The new shoots had sprouted upon the branches, and small delicate flowers filled every possible space. Walking towards it, she wondered if the same sight could be seen in Shirakawa, where she had left her sisters, Hana and Ai. She worried about them more often, now that they lived in a time where war brewed, and that she was to be involved in it.
She had been happy, infact more than happy, but now she could not but help notice the uneasiness that had crept into her thoughts. And although she had not shown it, she was concerned about the path ahead as well as other troubles she had been forced to remember. The times she had spent with Takeo at the temple had been like a dream. But now she knew and feared that the dream would end very soon, only to be replaced by the never ceasing struggle for power and life, reality, which she knew would come sooner or later, followed by loneliness perhaps...

A sudden wind shook the cherry trees. Causing a shower of flower petals to drift towards the ground. One landed in her outheld hand, only to slip away as another lighter breeze blew. A sweet fresh scent filled the air.
Like snow they fall to their ends... She thought How long do we have before we are to meet the same fate?
Fair_Lady_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2004 11:42
((changed the title just a lil' bit cos i think it was putting peeps off! ))

Shizuka knew Kaede and Takeo would be going soon to Maruyama to claim it. She had found out from members of the Tribe that Yuki beared Takeo's son and was wondering whether Kaede had been told when she heard the horses outside.
Shizuka's eyes widened in surprise as she stod before the Kikuta master. She let him into her home and waited until tea had been served before asking what his business was.
Kotaro Kikuta had a frown set upon his face. "Takeo has broken his word. You know he must die,"
Shizuka nodded. It was inevitable. She belonged first to the Tribe, then to Kaede. She knew Kaede would almost certainly kill herself after Takeo was dead, but the Tribe always came first- no matter how much Shizuka cared for her lady.
"You must go now to Yuki," The master continued. He didn't say why, but it would have been obvious by now. He shook his head slowly. Shizuka knew he felt betrayal.
"And Akio, my lord? Has he been found?"
Kotaro's frown deepened. He mumbled something about how hard the Tribe were working to find him, and left soon afterwards.
Shizuka was in a dilemma as to whether she should tell Kaede she must leave. She knew her lady would call for her once she had talked to Arai.

((I'm not taking Kotaro's character- just playing him for this bit...)
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 09:25
(( hello everyone... again! :hug: ))

I couldn't help but from at my realisation of how much I had grown up during these last few months. A lot had changed since my dear Shigeru had come for me, and now the boy from Mino was almost forgotten.
I gazed at Makoto, without seeing him.
"Takeo?" I snapped back to reality.
"Sorry.." The young monk smiled at my apology.
"We were discussing Arai's reaction to this.. marriage.." I nodded. I didn't see why Arai should be angry. He had, after all, tried to arrange the marriage between us, straight after Otori Shigeru's death, but my pledge to the Tribe had prevented it.
He had been so angry with me, and Kaede then.. but now.. I had broken the promise. Surely he would still forge an alliance with us?
I repeated my thoughts to Makoto, who nodded, but still professed a fear that all would not be so simple.
I stood, and left him, to seek out Kaede. I finally found her standing, like a statue, outside in the garden. I put my arm around the shoulder, and turned her to face me.
"Kaede?" I extracted a petal from her shining black hair. "Have you had any news from Shizuka? I remember, you told me that she had promised never to leave you.. Of course, you sent her away, but I would like to know if all was well out there. She is at Shirakawa, I assume.. and.." I stopped. I had heard the step of the abbot approaching, and broke away from Kaede, to face the direction the sound had come from.
The abbot bowed, and spoke.
"Lord Otori," I remained silent. The use of the title still sounded strange to my ears, and every time it was spoken, I thought immediately of Shigeru, and his calm smile. "Takeo, we have news from the town. Arai is expecting Lady Shira - Otori, I mean, - any day now, and.. does not yet know of your marriage." I nodded, and glanced at Kaede. The abbot continued. "I would recommend that either you, or Lady Otori, write to him, explaining the state of matters, and that you will arrive shortly."
I agreed, after a short time to think. Everything seemed to have come so quickly...
"First, Arai, then Maruyama."

Akio, if approached by a traveller, would not have said that he was lost. But, in the truth, he knew that for the first time in his life, he didn't know where he was, where he was coming from, and where he was going to. He didn't even know where he was trying to get to. The tribe would have moved on by now.. He supposed that he should see Yuki at some point. They needed to discuss things.
He felt slightly dizzy. Takeo's sudden assault on him had disorientated him profoundly, and although he'd been expecting it, he hadn't expected Takeo's strength to be so strong.
If only he knew where he was... he could get back to the Tribe, and get revenge on Takeo for what he had done to him.
He'd awoken, half-drowned, and choking for air. He'd drifted up onto a river bank, after goodness knows how long of being carried downstream by the river from Hagi.
The bitterness he felt towards Takeo was even greater now.

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by anduril269]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email