Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
Post Reign Everlasting (or Meant to Live) see OOC
on: July 06, 2004 09:02
We were more than the wars of our fathers and everything inside screams for second life!

A thousand years ago there was a king who felt no love and no kindness. He was King Elthion and had a lust for power that could be matched by no other. His reign was a terrible one, his armies conquered the entire country, destroying everything in their paths. Another king, however, fought back. King Lorthion was a good king, fighting to protect his kingdom and the people in it. He personally led an attack on King Elthion's castle that led to the evil king's death. Before he died, however, King Elthion spoke a prophecy:
'There will be one of my line, with my name, who will rise and finish what I started! The One will begin the greatest war of all times and with my blood, destroy every being with the blood of Lorthion!'
His body was lost during the burning of his castle, but his line never ended. As much as King Lorthion's people tried to stop the continuation of Elthion's blood, when they tried to make peace with them, it would not work. His line never came back to power, though they built castles and tried to rule, the One prophecized never came.
984 years later, a child was born to a princess and a servant boy. They named her Elthion and she was a celebrated child. The line of King Elthion had been completed, and King Lorthion's people heard. The new king of Lorthion's people, Esmed, attempted to have this child killed, but failed many times. King Esmed was killed in the process and Elthion was protected, never allowed to leave to castle.
So the child learned and grew, she was taught everything a member of the royal family would do. Except she was taught things that boys learned too: how to fight, use a sword, bow and arrows. They never told her what her future was, she would find out soon enough...

(ok see the OOC and there is some more information about where this thread is going!)
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Reign Everlasting (or Meant to Live) see OOC
on: July 07, 2004 02:14
Nothing will move because you tell it to. The world will change on it's own, turning into darkness. And as we stand at the edge of the war to end all wars, we know not what will happen. Some of us will survive. But most will not live to see the last sword pierce the very last piece of flesh. So what can we do? When all hope is lost and has faded into night. A single heart cries out above the others, for time has come. One must rise up, and begin this, so that it will end!

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by PrincePeregrinTook]
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 02:27
(I've seen the OTC)

Arod lived in the castle and was born about the same time as the princess and he was always near her. When she came of age he was even more often around her and quite closer to her. One day they had finished their lessons and were standing together on the balcony overlooking the courtyard and the vineyard on the inside of the castle.

"Why is this place always so beautiful this close to sunset, even though it's blocked from the sun?"

[Edited on 8/7/2004 by Elrohir2]
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2004 05:31
Elthion smiled at her friend. 'Because of the twilight shadows,' she told him. 'Old Mage Arknam told me about it. He said places blocked from the sun get twilight shadows at sunset.'

She leaned on the rail of the balcony and looked out to the west. Far away, Elthion could see the mountains that bordered the land of Lorthion. She had a small desire to see beyond those mountains, to see the king and the prince. But she knew what the price of going over there was, death, if they knew she was of King Elthion's line. She turned back to Arod, 'Have you ever wanted to go past the mountains?'
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 02:47
"I've always wanted to go there, but I've always been kept inside this musty old castle. At least there is some kind of fragrance in the gardens, but in the dungeons there is nothing to see but corpses and rats, and in the towers you'll find the same things."
PrincePeregrinTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 05:06
Elthion nodded in agreement. She had only been down to the dungeons a few times, when she was escaping her lessons. But she had been much younger then. Suddenly, her brilliant blue eyes focused on something far below. A rider, from the west. It was no more than a small dot, coming ever closer.
'Look!' she pointed it out to Arod. 'Let's go see who it is.'

They turned and ran inside, down several staircases and took the grand staircase two steps at a time. Once they had successfully snuck out of the castle, Elthion and Arod rushed toward the gates. One of the guards spotted them, but paid no attention, he knew it would be impossible to get them back inside.

(ok someone can play the rider!)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email