Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
Post A Quest for Meaning in a Meaningless World
on: July 08, 2004 04:05
Please no vampires, werewolves or elves or stuff like that in this one and I don't want many demons either so if you want to be a demon or anything like that please pm me and ask permission. Humans are welcome though ^.^

A woman walked down a dusty dirt road, silvery hair ruffling in the breeze. She had a cloak covering most of her body, though the hood had fallen off. Red liquid made small puddles behind her, dripping from her fingers as she slowly made her way to a nearby town. She was not thinking clearly, for if she was she would have stayed as far from the village as possible. She entered the village and immediatly screams sounded through the air of, "Demon! Demon! Get your children inside!!"

many doors were slammed and windows shut, but the streets were far from empty. Many men blocked the woman's path, all carrying some sort of weapon from swords to pitchforks.
"Get out of our village, demon." One villager said, threatinignly.

The woman looked up with glazed eyes and laughed.

The villagers readied their weapons, not knowing what to expect.

The woman continued to laugh and then said in a growling voice, "Do not threaten me human, for those may be your last words." Her eyes were blood red and full of blood lust.

The villagers took a step back, none of them willing to do anything and all afraid.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: A Quest for Meaning in a Meaningless World
on: July 08, 2004 04:32
OOC- YAAY, it's up. ^^;

Sutone moved through the village, a hood over his head to hide his black haired dog ears. Truth be told he was not a half-demon nor a demon, but just a odd halfen. He had to wear a cloak to hide his bushy dog tail and concentrated to keep it from wagging or moving. He did notice though when a great yelling started up, at first he panicked and started running as fast as he could out of the village.

"What the?" he said in a dizzy fashion as he noticed the Villagers were upon someone else. He jogged over, joining the crowd. In the middle he saw a lady with cat ears and blood red eyes (which chilled him to the bone). Hearing her threat, he decided he'd better get the people out of their...FAST.

He discarded the cheap cloak and gave a evil grin as a villager spotted him and gave a yell. They jumped away form him. "Yes, they be your last words dear mortals."

Sutone looked at her again while saying, "It is worse luck to encounter two demons...let alone one." That was all most of the villagers needed as most scrambled away from them.

All Sutone could think about was how he was going to explain to the demoness that he wasn't a demon.

Nuav
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 04:38
The demoness looked up at Sutone with her blood red eyes. They slowly changed to a greenish color, "Help me......" She said quietly, then collapsed. blood pooled around her motionless body.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 04:57
OOC- Darn, I wrote out a nice post and then realized it held little oppertunity for others to join... *whacks head on keyboard*

He didn't ask, just jumped to her side. He hadn't really noticed the blood in the dimness of the dusk, but felt to slap his forehead as to how obvious it was.

Sutone turned her onto her back, drawing back the cloak to check what was wrong, he saw a stab wound and several bleeding marks on her arms. "Well, this gives new meaning to 'Cat Fight'." he remarked to himself as he ripped off a piece of her cloak, wondering if she'd really mind. He pressed it against the wound, and ripped off several more pieces to wrap on her arms.

He didn't have anywhere to go, but clean the wounds the best he could with what he had.

Nuav
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 05:02
The woman awoke to find a man with dog ears tending to her, "What happened?" She asked quietly. Then it hit her. She sat bolt upright and said, "Did I hurt anyone? Are the villagers unharmed?" She looked at the dog eared man, "You are like me are you not?" she knew she was asking a lot of questions but she could not help it. She looked down at her blood stained hands, "I killed him......." she said quietly and then winced in pain as Sutone touched one of her wounds.
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 05:14
"Nah, you didn't hurt no one. Just scared the lot of them." he said with a small smile. "I came upon you when you were threatening them. Hate to ask, but, what happened to you?" he wiped at one of the marks on her arms. He fell silent when she replied, then said "Well...if he was threatening you, then it would be an act of self-defense."

He stopped cleaning and sat back. "Name's Sutone. As for your question, I have to say I'm a lowly Halfen." he said in a friendly tone.

Nuav
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 05:23
"My name's Alatariel Annare of the Demon cat clan." She did not smile though as she still looked at her stained hands, "I came accross a man that was hunting demons. He tried to kill me, but i killed him first, though he did injure me pretty badly. I don't know what happened after that, I don't even know how I got here." She looked at Sutone and back at her handds, "I killed many people. I can smell blood of at least ten humans on my hands. you should leave before i kill you too."
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2004 05:31
Sutone raised both eyebrows. "My mum...or was it my aunt? Taught me to care for the weak...though she never mentioned risking death, but I don't think you look in a fit to kill me." he felt slightly pathetic with his answer. "If there's hunters out there, I don't think you'd last long in this condition..." he paused, "Though you seem a force not to be reckon with." he added quickly, not wanting to insult her power.

Nuav
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 12:50
Alatariel looked at him, "I can handle myself, you don't need to trouble yourself." She stood up slowly, clutching her side, "Besides it is too dangerous to hang around me." She walked slowly over to the river that ran next to the road and place her bloodstained hands in the cold water. She washed the blood off and then stood back up.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2004 05:31
(ooc- is it okay if I join?)

Riviera looked at the demoness across the river from her. The eyes chilled her, but she was brave and kind. She spoke timidly.
"Are you all right?"

(ooc- would it be all right if my character knows Sutone?)
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2004 12:12
OOC- Welcome! We were hoping for more people... ^^

Sutone stood up, offering a hand to help her, and giving a small frown when she walked away and washed off her hands. "Sooo...what would you do now? I mean, what if it happens again..?" he asked, following.

Then he heard another voice, giving a nervous jitter, he looked across the river to another person. He looked to Alatariel, seeing the look on her face, he answered. "Just had a little...aciddent! Not much to worry about-" he stopped, realizing that if the person had bothered enough to stop and ask, they were probly going to come over and check anyways.

Nuav
Elven_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 07:50
( may i join this sounds really cool.My charcter's name is Penelope and im going to add her to the database)

Penelope sat in a tree next to the river and played her flute as she watched the water flow down stream. Suddenly she saw a small stream of red in the water. She climbed down and walked up stream to find the source of the red water. She saw two demons next to the river. So she hid herself as best she could in the bushes and hoped that they wouldnt beable to find her.

[Edited on 11/7/2004 by Elven_Sweetheart]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 02:25
(welcome ^.^)

Alatariel glared coldly at the first girl, but before she could say anything Sutone interrupted teling her that is was an accident. She rolled her eyes and then caught the scent of another nearby. She stood up and drew her sword, "Show yourself, human or I will come and find you!" she yelled in the directon of the bushes.
Elven_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 04:34
(thank you )

Penelope sat in the bushes watching the travelers when suddenly one of them looked toward where she was hiding and said "Show yourself, human or I will come and find you!" and as she said this she drew her sword. Penelope was suprised and thought that she had seen her, but her her dark green tunic and leggings blended in perfectly "She must have smelled me" she said as shestood up and walked toward the demon. "Please put down your weapon i mean you no harm" she said as she put her hands up. Even though she knew they could plainly see her bow on her back and her short swords at her sides, she knew the demon knew she wasn t going to use them, cause if she even tried the demon would kill her before her hand was within an inch of any of them.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 09:42
"Calm, demon, I'm sure that she does not mean to hurt you," said Riviera, still standing on the river's opposite bank,"And neither do I. I will, however, offer my help, if you would accept it."
She brushed her short brown hair out of her eyes and surveyed the odd scene. It appeared that she was the only one not armed. She tried to keep cool about that, but she had good reason to stay.

(ooc- btw, my character is up in the database )

[Edited on 12/7/2004 by VilyaTook]
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 11:17
OOC- IN case you don't know, Sutone has a profile up. Oh, and he's not a Demon. He doesn't even look like one...

Sutone backed away from the bushes, not smelling nor seeing the human, he was surprised. He didn't say anything, seeing that they were talking to Alatariel, he waited to hear her answer. Already sensing that the demoness was quite independent, and surly wouldn't accept help from anyone. His dog ears flattened with slight annoyance.

Nuav
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 11:56
Alatariel frowned, "What make you think i need help from humans?" shh did not put away her sword as she spoke. She held her side with her free hand, still in pain but ready to fight if need be.

(ooc: don't worry I don't have anything against you guys it is just my character is not very trusting and is kind of arogent)
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 12:08
"I didn't mean to offend you," Riviera said quickly. She knew that it's never a good idea to make a demon angry but she just wanted to help. "I can heal you quickly and then I will leave. I will tell no others where you are or where you are going or even that you are here. In any case, I won't fight you. Well, I can't fight you, I have no weapon, but if I could I wouldn't." She was starting to realize the danger she had gotten into now.

Elven_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 11:58
( Penelope has a profile up and a picture in the data base)

Penelope watched the group and put her arms down. "Im sorry to have startled you. I just saw blood in the river and came to see who was bleeding. Do you need any help? I have herbs to help if you need any." she said as she gave them a weak smile.
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 12:41
Alatariel glared at the humans, "I do not need help from Humans. And you should be sorry, though you did not startle me as you put it. And the blood was not my own, it was the blood of others." her voice got soft at the end of this and she turned and walked awya slowly, trying not to show that she was in pain.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 01:16
Riviera looked past the demon and saw the person who had first talked to her. Her eyes saw the dog ears on his head and she gasped a little. He must be... "A half-breed," she finished her thought out loud, then realized how rude it must have sounded. "I am sorry, it is just that I have not seen the likes of you before," she said. Oh great, now I'll probably have both of them against me she thought

[Edited on 13/7/2004 by VilyaTook]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 01:44
(ooc: by the way if you have not read my character description you should cause she is a halfbreed too )
'Halfbreed.' she heard one of the humans say. She whipped around, "What did you say?!" She had fire in her eyes as she looked at the human that had spoken, for she thought that the human was refering to her.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 03:57
Riviera saw the fire in Alatariel's eyes and it frightened her worse than anything. "I-I was talking to him! I meant no offense!," she stuttered. She backed away and tripped, landing hard on her back. Her eyes closed and she was sure that she had brought the full wrath of the demon upon her. How could that have made her so angry? she thought.

[Edited on 14/7/2004 by VilyaTook]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 04:16
She took a few steps towards Riviera and she in turn backed away with fear in her eyes. Then she tripped and lay there eye's closed and fear showing in her face. Alatariel stopped. "Never say that again." Alatariel said, fire fading out of her eyes.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 04:22
Her eyes opened. Pushing herself up off the ground, she stood up and looked at Alatariel. "You have my word- I will never say it again. And if it means anything to you, I am deeply sorry for the insult. I... did not know," she said. Her limbs were shaking and her forehead was lined with sweat. "I will leave now if you wish." She did not, however, turn to go. She knew it was never wise to turn her back on a demon.
Elven_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 04:31
Penelope heard a voice across the river and saw another human. She had called one of them a half breed, which didnt seem to sit well with one of them. She watched as the girl fell to the ground, the one who had fire in her eyes walked forward toward Riviera. "Stop she meant no harm!" yelled Penelope as she ran toward Alatariel and Sutone.

[Edited on 14/7/2004 by Elven_Sweetheart]
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 02:40
Alatariel glared at Penelope, "I am not hurting her for now. I have more important things to do."

She turned and began to walk away but then place her hand on her head. She felt dizzy and her side was still bleeding. She fell to her knees and began to cough up blood, 'He must have poisoned me with that arrow.' she thought to herself as her vision began to blur. She fell to the ground and everything went black.
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 04:30
"She looks to be poisoned. It looks like a bad case too," said Riviera. She turned to the other human. "I heard you mention that you had herbs to heal her. Can you get them now? And are you a good healer? I wish to heal her, but I will need help."
She turned back to Sutone. "Did you use any herbs on her yet? I need to know which kind so I don't cancel out what they have done." She was still curious about him, but she vowed to put aside any questions until Alatariel was well again. Perhaps she will think better of me then she thought. Then again, perhaps she will think worse.
Elven_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 08:12
Penelope kneeled next to Alatariel, and looked at the wound."She has been poisened" "I heard you mention that you had herbs to heal her. Can you get them now? said the human who had been threatened, she knodded her head , got up and ran to the tree she was sitting in before,reached for the bag she had left up in the branches then ran back to the group."And are you a good healer? I wish to heal her, but I will need help." "I am good enough" Penelope said . She handed the bag to the girl."I hope what we need is in there."
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 09:07
Riviera sifted through the contents of the package Penelope had brought. There were many good herbs that her mother had taught her about, but without knowing what kind of poison it was she could not be too sure about her choice unless... "Yes!," she cried, holding up a few leaves for the others to see.
"This plant has special virtues when mixed with water and honey. It counteracts almost all poisons, but it will take about a half an hour to work. We are lucky that you had some. Let's hurry and fetch some water from the stream. I have some honey in my pack over by the bushes there."
Nuavar~Lily~Lorin
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 12:15
OOC- Sooo sorry for not posting! Was away for a few days on sudden notice!

Sutone shook his head. "I only cleaned her wounds, don't have any herbs with me." he was not affected by being called a half-breed, he was quite use to it. "She has a deep wound in her side, might be from an arrow, but I though it was a stabbing wound at first..." he stopped, smiling brightly when Riveria declared she had found a healing plant. "Anyone got a water skin? I'll get the water."

Before heading off for water, he pulled Alaterial into a better position. Worried mostly, he headed off with the water skin to collect water.

Nuav
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 03:04
(ooc; well i will just sit here and let you guys take care of her..... by the way the wound in her side is a stab wound. she was also shot in the leg with an arrow, but that wound had stopped bleeding so she thought nothing of it. If you wish to know the arrow wound was on the back of her left leg just below the back of the knee ^.^ )
VilyaTook
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 03:43
(ooc- thanks Inwe, that's helpful )
Fetching a small container of honey, Riviera returned to where Alatariel lay. She examined the wound on her side and cleaned it good, then she took a look at her leg where the arrow had struck. She cleaned that wound too and waited for Sutone to bring the water. When he did, she crushed the leaves and mixed them with the honey and water. The whole mixture was carefully rubbed into the wound.
"And now," she announced. "We wait and hope for the best." She sat down and leaned back against a tree.
"I don't believe I was properly intriduced to either of you. I am Riviera Slaith."

(ooc- looks like I might not be on for a few days starting tomorrow. I'll try to post on the weekend, but if there's any problems, someone can take over for me. Thanks!)

Elven_Sweetheart
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2004 10:12
( sorry i havent posted for so long i havent had time)

"I am Penelope" she said as she pulled some cloth from her bag and tour it into pieces.She wrapped Alatariel's leg with a piece of cloth. She then took another piece of cloth and held it on the stab wound on her side."I hope that stuff works"
InweSilimaure
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2004 02:02
Not long after they had introduced themselves, Alatariel moaned quietly and opened her eyes, "Where..... what?" she said quietly as she looked around. She saw the two humans from earlier and Sutone sitting nearby and sat up, wincing slightly in pain and looked at them, "what are you still doing here?" she asked the humans.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email