Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Rpg-ing in 1st Person Discussion
on: July 11, 2004 09:11
It seems that most.. or all of our rpgs are written in the 3rd person.. is there anyone out there who would like to give writing in 1st person a try? It's actually quite fun... please reply!

[Edited on 25/7/2004 by anduril269]

EDIT: It would be nice to turn this thread into a discussion! Please feel free to join in and add your opinion over the benefits and faults of 1st person writing/rpging.

[Edited on 22/11/2007 by anduril269]
EldarExilePrincess
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Rpg-ing in 1st Person Discussion
on: July 11, 2004 09:53
I'd love to, but I can't....
Elrohir2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 04:07
it would indeed be quite fun as well as quite difficult, I wonder why Eldar can't
Mithelril
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 07:20
I think it's possible and a great exercise in writing. One catch would be that you'd have to have only one character or figure a way to post for more than one so as not to confuse everyone... hmmmm....

Anyway, I say, why discuss the possibility of a first person thread - pick a topic and a forum (Non-Tolkien? Totally?) and TRY it out!
gabriel_legolas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 09:44
Hmm, I have a thread that's totally in first person. Check it out, it might help.

Go to non-tolkien and click on Aramus Inc.

(BTW, 1st person is when you say "I" and "My" and stuff instead of "those people" right?)
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 11, 2004 10:56
yup, that's 1st person. I'll try it out as soon as I have an idea, but having it in 1st person might put people off joining.. so i posted this
Anyway, thanks for the feedback, and keep a look-out for the thread coming in a little while. I'll write in the topic that it's 1st person.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 03:29
First person is a lot harder, but it's fun, too. I've been in a first person re-telling of TLotR (Starry Night). I'll be glad to join!

~Silvan
TheElvenPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 05:57
i'd love to! i like writing my stories in 1st perosn. it's easier.
Silversnow
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 08:36
Hm. . . Sounds tricky but I love chalanges. I'd love to do a RPG in 1st person, too!
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2004 03:10
Sounds fun, I will join!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 02:32
Okay, I haven't abandoned all you guys.. I'm thinking as hard as I can.. but I haven't found a decent plot to use yet. I promise you I'll get the thread up as soon as possible

List of people who are interested in joining the thread:
(in random order)

anduril269
Mithelril
Elrohir2
Aelial
Silversnow
TheElvenPrincess
silvan_elf_princess
gabriel_legolas
RainBow
elvenmaidofmirkwood
gyuui

Please tell me if there are any changes to be made to this list, e.g. you're not interested anymore.

[Edited on 26/7/2004 by anduril269]

[Edited on 29/7/2004 by anduril269]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 07:02
I have made the thread, in TR.. Amongst The Stars.. please check it out!
RainBow
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 07:21
i'll write in 1st person (count me too!!)
elvenmaidofmirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2004 04:03
Same! Can I also join?
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 26, 2004 02:51
Welcome! I'll add you to the list. There is also an OOC thread for Amongst The Stars.
gyuui
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2004 10:40
i would like to join as well.......you have my axe
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 29, 2004 06:30
I've added you to the list, just check out the thread and hop in
ladygaladrielrox
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 09:29
Do you mind if I join? I mean, I know ya'll have probably already kinda... what's the right word?... gotten into it. So, do you mind?
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 10:27
Actually the thread died ages ago.. but for anyone who is looking to start a 1st person rpg up - I'm still interested!
Meril841
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 05:44
I've only just seen this thread, and I'm definitely interested in something like that!
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 06:40
Wow, Meril! *hugs* Haven't seen you in ages! It's cool that you're interested... shall we try and make a new thread then?
Meril841
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 05:09
Yay! (About the new RP, not the not having seen you in ages ) sounds like a good idea!
Elvewien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 06:27
I am interested in a 1st person roleplay! If this one dies again, I'll start one to help the idea along.
Avis_Cantrix
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2005 11:57
I'd love to write in first person again. I've been doing that mostly recently, but the RP I was writing it with has died. If anyone's still up for it I'd love to join.

Also, someone mentioned earlier about problems with identity. That's simple, I just put (Without the spaces)

[i ]Character's name here[/i ]

At the beginning of each post, or the start of the new character's thoughts. eg:

Avis

I looked at the inn and wondered who could have caused the fire. I knew someone had caused it, It could not have sprung up by itself if there had been rain yesterday... I hoped they got caught, all of my stuff was in the house. At least Equus had escaped the fire, I couldn't bare this without my friend.

~*~
Equus

It hadn't been my fault that that man had attacked me. If he hadn't attacked me I wouldn't have had to use the only thing availible, a fire poker. He'd knocked it out of my hands and it had landed on curtains... Well, the whole thing got out of control pretty quickly. But it wasn't my fault the inn caught on fire... Blame the man who got annoyed I had been the one his girlfriend was cheating on!

[Edited on 22/5/2005 by Avis_Cantrix]
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 12:11
That seems to make sense, Avis! So... how many people have we got now? Um..

anduril269
ladygaladrielrox
Meril841
Elvewien
Avis_Cantrix

.. have I missed anyone out?

So.. what sort of rpg would you guys like? Well.. obviously it has to be Tolkien.. I don't actually have any threads here any more since they were deemed to be not Tolkien-y enough..
Anyway.... I think we should hack out some very rough idea of whats going to be in the rpg first. Ideas?

[Edited on 22/5/2005 by anduril269]
Meril841
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 12:57
A murder takes place in some kingdom or other and the characters have to find out who caused it!
Avis_Cantrix
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 01:13
That sort of thing is hard if you have several different people with different ideas... Maybe they could be blamed for something they didn't do, and they're trying to prove their innocence before they get caught?
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 02:41
So.. one of our chars is blamed for doing something (possibly murdering someone) they didn't.. and the others are either friends, or enemies, or just randomers... where should we set it? I personally like Gondor as a setting.. but I don't mind

[Edited on 22/5/2005 by anduril269]
Avis_Cantrix
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 01:01
I like Rohan... But I'll be ok with Gondor!

So, what should the name be, and who's going to be the one with the character that's on the run? If no one else will do it I will.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 06:09
I don't mind who's who - I'll be .. someone.. I think I'll have two characters - I find it difficult to rpg with just one anymore..
Baranor
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 03:43
I would be interested in RPing in the first person. I think I know now who started the 'Murder in Rohan' thread, which, if I'm not mistaken, has all spots full, but if you need me sometime in the future, look me up.
Thanks.
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 01:01
Actually.. I don't have anything to do with that thread... it sounds cool though. I'm currently waiting around here to see if anyone is still in existence, before I try and start this 1st person rpg.. helloo? Anyone out there?
ladygaladrielrox
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 03:55
I'm still here. I've just been really busy cleaning our house. Quite boring actually. I only have one character that's not an Elf and he's from Gondor. Although I could come up with one for Rohan. Does Erion sound like he's from Gondor/Rohan? My friend came up with that but I don't know what race it sounds like... Is anyone else still interested in doing this besides me and anduril269 and possibly Baranor?
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 04:54
I think Avis_Cantrix and Merial are still around somewhere... hopefully... what about if I start the thread, and we'll see who turns up? I think Erion sounds ok with either Rohan or Gondor... so.. where are we planning? Rohan or Gondor? I don't mind..
And, are we still sticking with the plan of someone getting wrongly blamed for something?
Meril841
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2005 07:54
I think so... I'm just trying to come up with a character to use ... I was thinking of having 2 people... one guy who is the "policeman" guy, and the other the person a girl who originally suspects the wrongly accused person...

I think Rohan might be a good place for this, but I don't mind really...

I don't know anything about "Murder in Rohan", but it sounds like a great thread!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email