Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post Fight for Legacy... ((Free to join, please see the OCC))
on: July 12, 2004 08:22
((OCC section here. http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=XForum&file=viewthread&tid=17057 We've pretty much got a Robin Hood like RP. Hope enjoy it! :hug: ))

Ami rode Willow into the market. She wasn't wearing a cloak, but she did have a scarf over her head. Once inside the market Ami dismounted and made sure Willow was secure. She didn't know exactly what she was looking for, but she knew she was looking for something. A decent meal probably wouldn't hurt any either.

Loud shouting and an older man holding a young boy by the arm caught her attention. The old man was shouting that the young boy would spend the rest of his days in prison.

"May you be childless!" Ami shouted suddenly as she parted the young boy and old man. She had spent much of her early life in prison for trying to stay alive. "Any man who would harm a child deserves none of his own!"

The older man glared at Ami. He opened his mouth to say something and then shut it.

"And if you want a thief...ask and ye shall recieve." Ami seized the man's bag before running away.

"Catch her!" Ami heard the old man shout.

Ami quickly darted through the crowds of people and in any which way she could escape. If she could catch Willow then she would be safe. Ami dared to glance over her shoulder and could swear someone aside from the guards was following her. Either way she didn't dare stop long enough for her newfound companion to catch her.

Ami sprang into Willow's saddle as quickly as she could before urging the horse along. She dropped the bag next to some beggar children as she left. She could almost hear one of them say she was like Robin Hood.

Finally, when she was at a safe distance Ami stopped to look behind her. "May I ask your name?" She asked as she nodded to the stranger. Her hand carefully clutched her bow in case the stranger was a foe instead of a friend.
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fight for Legacy... ((Free to join, please see the OCC))
on: July 12, 2004 09:50
((If I am correct, she's asking the stranger? Ashiaro's in the DB!))

The dark-cloaked man walked about the town, in search of a friend. He hadn't seen Miriel since, well, for over a year-and-a-half, and he dearly missed her. His green eyes scanned the scene, still looking for Miriel. He saw a girl, but she was not Miriel. She had taken a man's bag and given it to some poor children.

"Reminds me of Robin Hood," he muttered under his breath. He really didn't intend to say that, but it came out, nonetheless.

"May I ask your name?" a girl asked, her hand grasped around her bow.

Ashiaro raised an eyebrow at the girl. Carefully and swiftly, he pulled her firmly aside, away from the crowd and into a little shop, which belonged to Miriel's father. He trusted Miriel's father not to give them away for anything.

"My name is of no business to you, little girl," he said in a harsh voice. He hoped she would act with a little more caution than she did, not to get into trouble faster than his younger cousins did when left alone. "But round here, I'm known as Ashiaro." By the look in Ami's face, he figured that there was only one thought running through her mind: is he a friend? or otherwise?

((Picture the scene in fotr that Strider takes Frodo up to his room, k?))
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 02:19
((OCC: An elf in a Robin Hood like RP could be fun. Nice seeing you again. For some reason or another after you mentioned that I kind of picture Ashiaro looking like strider. Heh. Yeah, and she was asking the stranger.))

Ashiaro raised an eyebrow at the girl. Carefully and swiftly, he pulled her firmly aside, away from the crowd and into a little shop, which belonged to Miriel's father.

If Ami could scream and kick she would have. But this man was taller and stronger than she was as he dragged her along. Ami's mind raced wondering if he was going to hand her over to the guards or harm her.

"My name is of no business to you, little girl," he said in a harsh voice. He hoped she would act with a little more caution than she did, not to get into trouble faster than his younger cousins did when left alone. "But round here, I'm known as Ashiaro."

Ami tried to act brave but inside she was terrified. "If you are going to turn me over to the guards, then do so already. Prince John will gladly have my head on his plate."
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 05:00
((Lol. He is an Elf, but looks more like a Ranger, that is, in most RPs! And Miriel is a very close she-friend of his. ))

"If you are going to turn me over to the guards, then do so already. Prince John will gladly have my head on his plate." the girl said, terrified.

Miriel's father was nowhere to be seen, Ashiaro noted to himself. Which was good. Just thinking about Miriel made him happy.

He turned his attention back to Ami. As he still had his hood to his cloak over his face, it was difficult to make out what he looked like. Good. To any random person on the streets, he could have been a beggar, monster, or simply ordinary civilian. But he was none of these. Oftentimes, however, he would act the part of a civilian, a worker in Miriel's father's shop or the like.

"Are you frightened?" he asked again, in the same harsh voice. This was not really his own voice, as it had come from many years of play-acting. It had been a skill learnt rather quickly, but developed over many years. And it got better and better as the time went on. He pushed Ami up to the wall of the shop, careful not to hurt her, but strong enough to hold her firmly. His green eyes glared at her, but no one could tell they were green in the dim lighting of the shop.
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 06:19
Ami stared up at Ashiaro as she was pinned against the wall. She wanted to see more of his face to see what he looked like or anything. All she could see was a hood of black and perhaps a glint of a chin.

"Are you frightened?" he asked again, in the same harsh voice.

"Yes. A little." Ami slowly admitted. She didn't like being pinned against the wall. He wasn't hurting her, but she didn't like it. "As I said, if you are going to hand me over to Prince John's guards then do so and end this torment." She said trying to be brave.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 07:14
"Yes. A little." Ami slowly admitted. She didn't like being pinned against the wall. He wasn't hurting her, but she didn't like it. "As I said, if you are going to hand me over to Prince John's guards then do so and end this torment." She said trying to be brave.

Ashiaro loosened his grasp on the girl. "Not nearly frightened enough. You draw far too much attention to yourself for doing what you do, young lady," he said, his voice halfway between his play-acting voice and that of his own. Quickly, almost faster than sight, especially human sight, could see, he removed his hood from his face and drew his sword. He had waited until just the perfect moment to do this. Any earlier, and he wouldn't have been able to tell if the girl was a friend, or simply play-acting. Any later and it would have been ineffective.

He knew she'd be able to recognize him. He had traveled from town to town, mostly staying near this particular town ((Have a name in mind?)), mostly because Miriel lived there. He was in league with the famous Robin Hood, one of his few faithful servants who had not gotten caught yet.

A slight smile curved on the corners of his lips. "Well met, friend," he said, this time speaking in his normal voice. It was about time. His play-acting voice was starting to become annoying, even to him.
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 04:45
Ashiaro loosened his grasp on the girl. "Not nearly frightened enough. You draw far too much attention to yourself for doing what you do, young lady," he said, his voice halfway between his play-acting voice and that of his own.

Ami looked to Ashiaro suspiciously. "You're not from around here, are you?" She slowly said.

Quickly, almost faster than sight, especially human sight, could see, he removed his hood from his face and drew his sword.

Ami nearly jumped as Ashiaro did this. For a moment she feared he would take her head, but when he didn't she relaxed. "You have got quite a way of getting people's attention."

((OCC: I take it Ami and Ashario know one another?))
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 05:10
Ashiaro let his grasp loose on the girl. He shook his head slowly to himself. He had once been like Ami, young and quicker to act than think. He had learned his lesson the hard way, being in prison and tortured for several years of his life.

"I'd be asking but a bit more caution from you, Ami," he said, his voice below that of a whisper. "If you aren't cautious, and had bumped into anyone but myself, you would have been quite a bit shorter by now." His eyes sparkled, as he was partially joking, but dead serious with his message. "Do you understand?" he asked, returning more to his normal tone of voice, strict but kind.
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 05:37
Ami bit her tounge to keep from saying that she's escaped Prince John's guards more than once. Perhaps Ashiaro was right. She did know he was a great deal older than she was and knew more.

"I understand." Ami said firmly. She glanced out the window before turning back to her companion. "The guards seem to be gone. If we're going to escape now would be a good time. Prince John will have them looking for me at any moment."
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 04:31
((I'm just bringing Miriel and her father in for this post. Miriel is a very close friend of his...))

Ashiaro was quiet for a moment. "Aye," he said in agreement.

A strange man entered the room from a door in the back. His light hair and fair skin were indeed different than those who lived in the town. With him came a young woman, who appeared to be of a close relation to him.

"Miriel!" Ashiaro exclaimed. He ran over to her and hugged her. He sighed a breath of relief for a moment.

"And you are leaving already," she said, her voice softer than a whisper.

Ashiaro nodded. "I must," he said. "For whom I serve."

Miriel's father turned to them. "Take this," he told Ashiaro, handing him a bag of various items. "Something tells me you'll be needing it along your journey."

"Thank you," Ashiaro bowed his head slightly. A tear rolled down his cheek as he realized he might not see Miriel again. "Farewell," he said, his voice quiet, his mouth stumbling over the sounds of that word.

Miriel looked at him gently. "It is not farewell, but until we meet again," she said with a knowing smile. Ashiaro drew his cloak over his head and walked out of the store, a deep loss inside of him.
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 02:30
"Thank you," Ashiaro bowed his head slightly. A tear rolled down his cheek as he realized he might not see Miriel again. "Farewell," he said, his voice quiet, his mouth stumbling over the sounds of that word.

Miriel looked at him gently. "It is not farewell, but until we meet again," she said with a knowing smile. Ashiaro drew his cloak over his head and walked out of the store, a deep loss inside of him.

Ami quietly followed behind Ashiaro. She waited until they were a good distance away before speaking. "You love her, don't you?"
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 05:53
"You love her, don't you?" Those words echoed in Ashiaro's mind as he walked. He sighed.

Still looking in front of him along the path that they were walking along, he nodded his head slightly. "Yes," he said, his voice below a whisper. "I do love her."
yankeegirl
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 06:34
Still looking in front of him along the path that they were walking along, he nodded his head slightly. "Yes," he said, his voice below a whisper. "I do love her."

Ami looked over to Ashiaro. "Why don't you tell her so?" She asked.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email