Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Associates ((See OOC))
on: July 12, 2004 11:29
The Cathedral was silent at midnight that stormy night… not even the mice that plagued the place could be heard over the roar of the storm outside. As the lightning flashed in the sky above, light flooded the hall, illuminating row after row of benches for the worshipers. Another flash through the stain glassed windows showed the high ceiling covered with religious paintings of Saints and Angels. Yet another clap of lightning showed a huge Cross at the front of the Cathedral surrounded by unlit candles with the Ministers podium placed off to one side of it. The fading light also showed a silent figure leaning against the wall next to the Crucifix. The figure made no recognition of the fact that a storm raged outside because she was focused on the storm raging inside herself.

The next blot of lightning illuminated the girls tear streaked face and reflected red off of her auburn hair. Without a sound the young woman pulled her knees up to her chin and tucked her arm around them, her parade of tears flowing as freely as the rain that pounded on the windows. She was dressed simply; more for freedom of movement and comfort then for any real style. She wore a long-sleeve black blouse and forest green knickers with plain black boots. She was unadorned except for a single silver necklace; the charm was of a twisted ivy leaf with a single emerald embedded into it. It was onto this necklace that the girl’s slender hand clung so fiercely.

It was hard to tell in the shattered light very much about her appearance except the fact that she was clearly heart-broken. But what could have caused this gale of tears from the normally emotionless girl was hard to say. The young woman rested her forehead against her knees as her slender frame was racked with huge, but silent, sobs.

“Ivy?” A voice called through the darkness. The girl looked up, vigorously whipping away her tears. She stood up and brushed off her knickers, trying to gain control of her emotions.

“Yes?” She asked, her voice echoing through the stone hall.
“Father Maynard asked me to get you.” A portly man that Ivy recognized as Brother Jacob whispered from the doorway to the Training Room.
“Why?” She asked not moving.
“Because he has a mission for you.” Jacob said as though that would be obvious.
“I don’t want to go on another mission!” Ivy yelled, her temper flaring and her green eyes narrowing in a glare. “ I just got back from one!”
Jacob cringed at her tone of voice and replied, “Take it up with him… I’m just the messenger.”

Ivy scowled at him and strode past him down the hall leading past the Training Room to the Mission Room. Opening the door she paused slightly as her eyes met the faces of her “team”. Most of them she knew from other missions and others she’d just seen around. The twins were there, that was good; those two were a great pair even though only Donnel went on missions. Mordecai, Mikhail and Tal were there, that was also good, even though she and Tal often bumped heads. There was another girl that she knew as Robin but never really met. However over all it was a solid team. The Investagators would be solid as well, Kevin and Dani worked wonderfully together and even though Elliane was mostly a loner she had a very keen mind. If Ivy wasn’t so upset at having to go on another mission she would be glad at the chouse of teams.

“Ah Ivy, there you are.” Father Maynard said calmly from across the room, a smile on his thin lips. “Is anything the matter, dear?”

Ivy opened her mouth to chew him out for assigning her another mission without asking permission but closed it at the look on his face. Instead she sighed and took a seat next to the girl Robin.

“No Father, nothing’s the matter.” She sighed, folding her arms across her chest.
“Good.” Father Maynard said stepping in front of the group and smiling again. “Here are your assignments; Ivy will lead the group with Talisman as her Second, your team shall be known as Team Whisper.”
Ivy suppressed a snicker. “Going all out on the clichés today aren’t we?” She said trying to keep her face straight.
Father Maynard simply smiled and went on. “The investigators shall be lead by Dani with Elliane as Second and you shall be known as Team Echo.”
Ivy suppressed another snicker.
“Any problems with assignments shall be addressed now, any questions?”
“Just one.” Ivy said raising her hand mockingly. “What’s our mission?”
“I’m sending you all off to exterminate a group of pesky Gargoyles in Germany. They have killed over thirty people and must be dealt with.”
“Gargoyles?” Ivy asked, laughing. “You need this many people to take out some gargoyles? My mother could deal with gargoyles.”
“One perhaps, but our information says that no less the twenty gargoyles have banded together and that will be a task even for you.”
Ivy raised her eyebrows and went silent.

“Any other questions?”

Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Associates ((See OOC))
on: July 12, 2004 01:11
((Yay! I did my research))

Robin looked blankly at Father Maynard as she slid a thin hand into her raincoat pocket. She wore dark clothing, as it was more suitable for her job. She felt around a bit, trying to find her security. Robin was in a state of panic before she finally found the handgun. Being physically weak, she had to rely on weapons a lot of the time. It was a compact autoloader; small enough not to be noticed, but big enough to be effective. The recoil was more than average because the weapon was light, but Robin knew that this piece of black metal was also her savior. A little backfire was okay.

The girl, Ivy, looked skeptically at the Father. She had attitude, but that was okay with Robin. She had been reassigned from the Norway branch, so she didn’t know any of the others well, anyway. Then again, Robin never seemed to know anyone well. She didn’t know how to read people, and that usually lead to disdain on her account.

“I have a question, Father,” Robin raised a hand slowly. She kept the other safely wrapped around the autoloader.

“Yes, what is it, Robin,” he automatically assumed a look of confusion. She didn’t talk much, and it was a rare occasion.

“Can we go now, please?” Robin, for once, understood the look in the Father’s eyes. It was the I-can’t-believe-you-actually-said-that look. “Nevermind,” she added quickly feeling warmth in her cheeks.

“Er, moving onward,” Maynard said brushing the rude comment aside. “We have the pinpoint of the recent activity. You should probably arrive armed and ready for battle. These kind wont want to compromise….”

Robin listened, stroking the barrel absent-mindedly. She liked the battles. Adrenalin always seemed to calm her mind in the times of chaos. It felt good, knowing you had control.

[Edited on 12/7/2004 by Saeran]
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2004 01:53
Silence filled the room, for a second. Elliane slid her hand up,,
Father Maynard looked at her "Elliane? Yes what is it?"
Elliane put her hand down very slowly, and hesitated, but then few words came out of her mouth, "If its not to much to ask, what type of Gargoyle is it? In the past history, there has been few types of Gargoyles, there was the Midnight Gargoyles, they were only aloud to fly during Midnight, there was the Angels, the Greeks believed that theses creatures plagued the ground cause of there manners, and there were the Sky Gargoyles, who brought gifts or Ome-" her accent started twisting words, and she stopped. Father Maynard, nodded slightly "Yes, Elliane, we all know of the types of Gargoyles, but luckily theses are only Stone Gargoyles." Elliane slid her hands into her trench coat pocket, she nodded, her eyes dodging back and forth between the conversations going on around her.

The thought of the Mission, started bothering her, "What if it was more then Stone Gargoyles," she had come in contact with a Angel, but it wasn't to hard to beat, it was only one anyway, she stared blankly at the wall, visions flooded her mind, of her past missions as a Investigator. One mission was Demons in the Ocean, which was probably more frightening then ever imagined, even though she wasn't in it. The demons blocked out her view from underwater, which frightened her, she had to hack into the underground sewer for there underground camera, which was used to make sure nothing big got stuck in the pipe.

"Elliane?" she looked around "Elliane!" she snapped out of her vision and Father Maynard stood there looking at there, the ones remained sitting were laughing, she kept her head down "I'm sorry, I was ju-" her accent started messing up her words again, she hated her accent, it was because of her fangs, the fangs she had because she was half vampire," she looked down sadliy, Father Maynard sighed and turned to Robin.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 06:03
Mikhail remained silent during the entire mission briefing. He sat back in his chair with his arms crossed over his chest and his long legs stretched out before him. He just listened, as he always did, and tried to take in as much information as possible from the discussions of others. Though he was the oldest and most experienced of the team, he was well aware that he was not the brightest. His role in the organization had always been what he did best, which to protect and look out for the less skilled fighters in the group.

When at last the conference came to an end, Mikhail rose and filed out the door with the rest of his teammates. Since they were being asked to leave for Germany as soon as possible, the next order of business was to get their things packed and gather all the necessary equipment they would need for the mission. It took Mikhail five minutes to stuff into a satchel the few personal belongings he required, and then he headed straight for the equipment room to fetch some weapons.

((OOC – Sorry, I usually write much better and longer than this, but I’m kind of in a rut right now. :blush: I’ll get the hang of it soon, I promise! Besides, I didn’t want to move too ahead with the plot. ))
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 10:28
Donnel rested back in his chair, listening to the Father talk in silence, his fingers steepled before him. Dani leaned against the wall behind her brother. Occasionally her eyes darted upward to the ceiling whenever the low rumble of thunder was heard. The dress that she wore a very dark green. It blended well with the shadows, but made her pale skin seem all the more paler and the thick braid that hung over one shoulder all the more coppery. It’s long skirt brushed the floor. Donnel’s clothing was much the same, with brown pants and a dark green shirt. They didn’t intend it, but too often they seemed to dress in similar colors.

She had been about to speak up about the gargoyles, having already spoken with the Father when Elliane rose her hand and began to speak. She settled herself back against the wall again, her arms folded as she listened to Elliane speak with a small smile. It was good for that girl to speak up and show her intelligence, whereas Dani tended to let her mouth run away with her. But even she could not help the smile that curled her lips when Father Maynard snapped Ellaine back to her surroundings, her mind having wandered off again. That seemed to be happening a lot lately. Dani wondered if she should try to have a talk with her sometime.

As they filed out, Donnel’s long strides carried him to Robin’s side. Matching the darkly dressed womans pace, he bent toward her slightly and whispered softly. “Nice enthusiasm.” He said in his thick Scottish brogue. “But ya needn’t be shy.” He gave her a playful wink and a warm smile. He held a hand out to her. “Names Donny.” He said by way of greeting.

Dani passed by them, striding toward the stairs that lead down into the laboratories. As she passed him she gave him a hard nudge with her elbow. “Leave her alone Donny. She don’t need you and your flirtatious ways.” Dani chided him. As she started down the stairs she turned and looked back at Robin. “If he begins to get to friendly with ya, love, just let me know. I’ll set him straight.”

Donnel turned and swept a bow to his sister. “Oh yes, your shortness.” He said with a jovial grin, but when he turned, Robin had already strode away. Turning on his heals he headed toward the equipment room to gather a few items. Below them, Dani was packing the rest of his things and the few extra’s she usually made sure he had with him.
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2004 11:38
She stood up and grabbed her books, the ones she had been studying all night and as everyone filed at the door, she joined them, everyone was still smiling, about Father Maynard having to snap her into reality. She sighed and looked down, as Father Maynard dismissed everyone, she looked at him, and then walked up to him.

"Father Maynard, I do not believe these are Stone Gargoyles"

He looked at her curiously, "What do you mean?"

This made her laugh, which was quite evil sounding, she covered her mouth.

"Elliane I know you try to cut your vampire habits, but please don't try to laugh, you remember last time you went on a field mission, and did that"

She did remember, unfortuely. There was a vampire hunter with them, and when she did that, he tried to kill her. Thats why she was not aloud to go on field missions.

She walked away from Father Maynard, towards the door, she stopped and looked foreward, her eyes glew bright, she shook her head an walked out.

She walked in the rain, sadly she had been doing this every night, sometimes she just wanted peace, she looked at the stars, Which glew brighter now, she smiled. Only hope was left, was that someone took her away, she put her hands up, and then her head. Looking as the rain fell on her Raven Black hair, she smiled and chuckled, she had not been happy for such a long time. Her eyes focused on the moon, shining brigter then ever, tommorow it would be full moon, she walked inside agian, soaking wet, everyone looked at her, and sighed. She knew her time would be soon, that someone would take her away from this horrible place, or maybe that was just a dream. Father Maynard walked passed her "Excuse me Ellaine please tell me what you were going to say earlier" she didn't answer him and he sighed walking away.
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 08:34
Ivy left the small room feeling slightly anxious. She was supposed to be leading this group against no less the twenty Stone Gargoyles?

“No pressure.” She muttered softly to herself. Noiselessly she slipped back into the still darkened Cathedral and gave a shot prayer for strength. Then she went to the small door behind the Crucifix and slipped through it into her personal quarters. The room had changed much over the twenty years that she had lived in it. It once held small stuffed animals and a dollhouse, which she never played with, in the far corner. Now it was packed full of books of every kind and weapons. In the once doll house corner a black punching bag hung from the ceiling. It was a simple piece of equipment, straw packed into a cylinder sleeve of leather, but it worked. Ivy was never a very robust girl, she always preferred ducking and dodging to punching, but the bag was given to her as a gift and she made use of it.

Ivy reached under her small bed, pulling out a long canvas bag and began shoving things in it that she thought she would need. An extra pair of boots, a vile of Holy Water, a sliver stake, clean knickers, a case of silver bullets, a few extra knifes and daggers, a few books on Gargoyles (just in case), and last but not least, and extra quiver of arrows for her crossbow. She doubted that she would need most, if any of these things but better safe then sorry. You never know what might show up when you might be fighting something else and Ivy believed in being prepared. After her bag was full she gathered the weapons that she would be wearing on herself. She slipped her brand-new pistol into its holster on her hip and strapped up her knifes on her thighs. Her specialty was blade fighting because you didn’t necessarily have to be strong to use them. She had a pair of extremely light, long knives that she perfected the use of too what she called “In out and killed” in which one simply ducked into the enemy and slashed open any place close and slipped back out so quickly that the creature doesn’t realize what happened until you were already safely away.

Next Ivy strapped on her quiver of arrows and set her crossbow on her bed next to her bag. She hated that crossbow. It was too bulky; she found it very hard to move when she had it on and it always got in her way but she would be an idiot to not take it with her when she went Gargoyle Hunting seeing as she had many more arrows then bullets and a lot more experience with the bow then with her pistol.

Since they were leaving at dawn and she wasn’t at all tired Ivy decided to go see what the others were up to. Slipping out of her quarters to were the other Agents housed she walked by a room with the door ajar. Peering inside Ivy caught sight of Robin and decided to make friends with this relatively new girl. She rapped her knuckles against the open door, smiling as the girl looked up from her packing.

“’Ello. You’re Robin aren’t you? The other girl on my team. I’m Ivy, do you mind if I come in.”

((I sure hope that Robin was in her room packing or else I’m going to feel really stupid. If she wasn’t just let me know and I can always edit. Oh and even though the tread has started, everyone should check the ooc every once and a while. We’ll be talking about story lines and such there so this thread will stay uncluttered. Happy Posting!))
SwirlZ
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 09:40
Talisman sat up in his chair as Father Maynard walked in. He was keen on this mission, since he hadn't been on one in quite a while. His long black hair was in a pony tail as usual, tossed over one shoulder. His black eyes shone out from his pale skin. When Father Maynard assigned the teams and positions Tal sighed. He was second to Ivy. Again. This wasn't quite a bad thing, but he'd always been a leader even outside the associates.

When the room cleared, he was one of the last to walk out. His cloak got caught on the chair as he stood up, nearly making a domino effect with all the chairs in that row. He smiled a little, fixed it and walked up to his room.

"Gargoyles, then," he said as he looked around his room. He had a slight french accent. His father was french, but his mother was english. His room was plastered all over with throwing daggers, his specialty. He had long ones, short ones, light ones, heavy ones, and some that were specially engraved. "This should be interesting," he looked at a drawing of him his sister had made for him when she was little. "Do you think I need my backswords?" He asked it. "I thought so too."

He packed his backswords, picked 2 heavy daggers, and 4 plain daggers. He always seemed to loose a couple, so just to be safe. "Gargoyles, maybe I need some more of those." He picked up 2 long daggers, one of which was specially engraved with runes.

"Now that I'm done packing, I need a plan. Allright, think this through. No less than 20 gargoyles, presumably all stone gargoyles." From there he began making maps of buildings and possible antics to trap them. "Allright, Plan Stone Gargoyles done. But what if they aren't all stone? Must make another plan. We can't fail because of bad information." He continued on his way with making several plans.
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 10:41
((Guess what Robin's cat's name is? Heh heh....you guessed it, Ring Gaerwyn. He can't talk, tho....*sniffle*))

"No, it's fine," Robin turned back to her work. She continued stuffing things into an average-sized titanium briefcase. The girl always took this on her missions. Not only was it made of a durable metal, but it also had a high melting point. It could withstand even the most terrible of fires. Robin not only carried extra weapons like her compact knives in the thing, but could also manage enough room for extra knickers and other necessities. "Is there anything you need?"

"No, not really," the older woman smiled slightly. Yet again, Robin didn't know how to react. She turned instead to the cat sitting on her plain bedspread. She called him Gaerwyn, and his colors were cream and gray. Robin held him in front of her face, trying to decide if he was cream with gray spots or gray with cream spots. "I heard that you come from the Norwegian branch." Ivy said friendly.

"Yes," Robin said, lowering the protesting cat and facing the other woman. "But I was born here in England." She wasn't used to talking about herself to other people. She felt awkward this way, even though she knew that she should lighten up. There was a pause, and almost too quickly Robin blurted out, "What about you?"

"Oh?" Ivy looked slightly surprised at Robin's eagerness to talk. "I've lived here all my life." She leaned comfortably against the doorway wall, as if to prove her statement. She does look comfortable with this place, Robin couldn't help thinking to herself. To be honest, it made her kind of sad that she could never be that happy, here. Or maybe Ivy wasn't as happy as she thought. The one emotion Robin knew well flashed in Ivy's eyes for a moment---sadness. Ivy looked around for a minute, taking in Robin's neat and not-quite-lived-in room. She looked at the clock on the wall in the hallway. "I have to go now, we're leaving soon, so try to finish up," she said, and, waving slightly in goodbye, Ivy left.

"How insensitive of me," Robin said softly to Gaerwyn. He glared at her. Robin was a social retard, but she knew when she brought up a hurtful subject, at least.

She lay down on the bed, sprawled on her back. Robin pulled out the compact autoloader and held it in the proper position in front of her. She stretched out her arm and cocked it, so that the gun was tilted towards the ceiling at an angle.

"Bang," she whispered, jerking her hand back in fraud recoil. Then, on a sudden impulse, she lowered the gun to the side of her head. She felt the cold barrel press against her ear and the adrenalin pound ingthrough her veins. "Bang," she said, again, softer this time.

She put the compact back in her pocket, after a while, and stood up. She closed the briefcase, and headed out.

((Sorry to speak for you Ringspell My post wouldn't have been long enough if I hadn't had a ping-png convesation with you. I'll chang it if you need me to.))

[Edited on 14/7/2004 by Saeran]
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 11:43
She need to find Ivy, it was her only hope. She looked in Ivy personal room, but wasn't there, she checked the housed agents, looking for Ivy, but finally she looked into Robins room and saw her she opened the door, "Excuse me Ivy, may I speak with you?"
Ivy nodded and walked out, she turned around to Ivy "Ivy, I must warn you your team could be in danger, I doubt these are Stone Gargoyles, since they are forbidden to kill any citizens." she looked away sighing, "Father Maynard didn't listen to me of this, well actually I couldn't tell him because of my accent, you know how it twists words" she stopped to breath, so it wouldn't twist words. "Well I believe it is...." she started breathing harder then usual "Sea Gargoyles, they are only ones who stay in a pack." her eyes started glowing again "Sorry Ivy, its my Vampire side of me, trying to take over" she shook her head which caused it too stop "Ivy, you must take precautions, this isn't some normal Gargoyle you are dealing with." she sighed and shook her head and stepped away.

[Edited on 14/7/2004 by Aelial]
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2004 02:16
As Donnel strode down the hall to the equipment room, the jovial sway left him and the grin slipped from his face. Stepping inside he went immediately to the supply of throwing darts. He had used most of what he had previously on his last mission in Egypt. He rolled several silver darts into a cloth, and regular steel ones into another. You never know when something silver wrought became necessarily handy. Two pistols, a good supply of rounds and two crossbow bolts later and he headed toward his private room.

The arms he placed on his narrow bed. He added to it his crossbow and the only blade he ever really used besides the throwing darts. The dirk was unusual in only a few ways from other weapons of its size and type. It was made of obsidian, with red, orange and yellow swirling along its blade that was a few inches longer than a typical dirk. The handle was wrapped in a vibrant red leather, as was it’s sheath. He didn’t use it often, but it went with him on every mission, as much as a good luck piece as anything. The odd blade had come into his possession during his and his sisters journey from Scotland to France, a time period neither sibling would discuss, even with each other.

A small pack sat at the foot of his bed, its buckle already fastened. Dani had packed the few odd pieces of clothing he would need during the trip to Germany and his overcoat she had laid across the end of his bed next to the pack. Leaving everything together on the bed he went in search of his sister.

He found her below, surrounded by the vials and concoctions she worked with day and night. She was holding up a small glass tube half full with a pale amber liquid, studying its contents carefully by the light. Slowly she lowered the black goggles that sat on her head. Donnel tried to cover his laugh as it made her look like a red headed insect. She picked up a second tube and held it up to add its contents to the first.

“I’d look the other direction if I were you, chuckles.” She said sarcastically. Upending the second tube into the first, the two chemicals mixed. The reaction was immediate. A bright flash of blue light emanated from the concoction, but Dani yelped and dropped it, the thin glass shattering on the floor. The light dissipated in moments, but left a fluorescent stain on the floor…and down the front of her dress.

Dani ripped the goggles off her face angrily as her brother stepped quickly forward, taking her hand in his. Red blisters were already forming on her fingertips. Irritably she jerked her hand back from him and stepped away sweeping a brace of empty glass beakers off the table top as she went. With a loud crash, the thin glass shattered, sending shards across the floor. Cursing loudly in gaelic she reached out and her blistered fingers brushed the smooth place on the post near her workstation as she passed it. Taking up a rag she dabbed at the splatters on her skirt and nodded to the wooden box on the corner of the table.

“Those are for you. Holy water, blessed by the father himself. Hydrochloric acid…and be more careful with it this time. Some of that phosphate you’ve been asking me about. Just mix the blue vial with it, recap it and shake it up. The light won’t be very bright, but anything with infrared vision won’t see it. There’s enough in there for 6 vials.”

He followed her and took her hand again, knowing that she was hiding the pain from her burned hand. She held it firmly in the folds of her skirt as he…gently… guided her hand back up so he could see it. Her fingers were reddened and swelling slightly. “You’d better go see the father.”

“If I had a coin for every time you wanted to send me to the father for….” She started angrily.

“And if I had one for every time you told me where to put my opinions, we’d both be independently wealthy.” He chuckled to her kindly and released her hand.

Her anger melted quickly and she leaned forward into him pressing the top of her head into his chest. “You be careful. I’ll never forgive you if you don’t come back.” She said into his shirt.

“You and I have been through death and hell together, my dear. Do you think that a handful of gargoyles will be so difficult? We have a good team. Send me away with good words for once.” He said hugging her in return.

Straightening she stepped away from him, passing the post again, her fingers brushing the same smoothed spot. “I believe Ellie.” Dani said as she stepped to the sink running the water over her hand and using the nickname for her second that she would never use to her face. She ignored his last statement. “There may be more that just stone gargoyles. Stone’s don’t congregate in such a large pack.”

He picked up the box she had set up for him. “You worry to much.” He said and gave her a wink and a smile as he turned for the steps again.

“And you don’t worry enough.” She said softly as she bathed her hand.

Donnel returned to his room. He tucked her box into his pack and refastened it. Gathering up his gear he walked out of his room, headed for the Cathedral. Kneeling before the alter he laid his weapons before him and bent his head in prayer. Here he would remain until it was time to leave, believing that God was as important a team member as any of them.

(OOC: Just so’s ya know, I’m known for my 2 mile posts…sorry)
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 01:57
Mikhail pushed open a heavy door and walked into a huge, rather chilly room that was one of the underground chambers of the cathedral. It was lit by nearly a dozen blazing torches that hung on metal clamps on the pillars that held up with high ceiling. Only agents and other authorized personnel of their organization were allowed to enter that rooms, for it housed the one of the largest arsenals of deadly weapons in the entire country.

Cabinets, racks, and shelves lined the great stone walls, containing swords, spears, axes, crossbows, maces, muskets, shotguns, whips, lances, and even shields and body armor. Across the wide floor were numerous tables, some of which had glass surfaces and were actually display cases. These cases contained the smaller armaments—throwing knives, throwing stars, darts, stakes, crucifixes, and hand pistols.

Mikhail walked around the chamber, pausing every now and then to extract a certain weapon from its case until he had a daunting pile of them in his arms. He walked over to a table and set his arsenal upon its solid surface. He had gathered all the pieces he usually took with him on every mission—stars, knives, a short-handled axe, a coiled whip, a crossbow, and his personal favorite-- a heavy sword.

Mikhail was different from the other agents in the Associates due to the fact that he refused to own any personal weapons. He refused to keep them in his living quarters. As much as possible, he avoided carrying them around at all when they were not on a mission. They reminded him too much of the kind of man he became while on the field, and that was something he liked to keep separate from what was left of the “normal” part of his life.

Contrary to what his occupation entails, Mikhail did not enjoy violence. Respect for life had been something not even many years of combat training and demon-slaying could stamp out in him. In fact, it was only his fury at his parent’s alleged murderers and his sisters kidnappers that drove him to become such a terrible fighter during battle. When time for combat came, the memories of his past released his own demon that lived underneath his angelic surface, and it was that monster that did all the killing for him. When the battle was over, he transformed back into a good man once again. The man who would never dream of hurting anyone. The man who was not a killing machine.

Mikhail pulled his sword out from its sheath and held it up in front of him. He stared at his reflection on the thick, shiny blade and contemplated for a moment on how he had become the man he was now. Years ago, he had been found by agents lying at one of the street corners near the Cathedral, half-dead from cold and starvation. The agents took him to the priests in the Cathedral. The Fathers asked him if he wanted to work for them in exchange for board and lodging, and he had agreed. They taught him to speak English, and gave him an education. They waited a few years until he grew up into a young man before telling him the truth about their secret society. By then Mikhail’s loyalty to his mentors had grown too strong for him to refuse their offer. He readily joined them and became an agent himself. He had not strayed from that path since.

Mikhail frowned as he replaced the sword back into its scabbard. He had been with the Associates for so long, he never even got to experience what life was like outside of all the mystery and fighting. He had been trained to be so dedicated to his work that he rarely placed his energies on anything else. Whenever he would start considering an alternative lifestyle, he would remember how the agents had saved his life, and how much he owed them. How much he would always owe them.

The man shook his head and dismissed these thoughts with a sigh. Now was not the time to ponder on such things. There was work to be done, and they were about to leave soon. He shouldered his weapons and walked out of the room, shutting and bolting the door behind him. He went back upstairs to find the rest of this teammates.
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 01:43
Ivy nodded to Elliane slowly. It was unlike Stone Gargoyles to hunt in packs but not necessarily impossible. It might be Sea Gargoyles… seeing as they were going to be rather close to the sea but it seemed unlikely for anyone one to mistake a Sea Gargoyle for a Stone one, seeing as Sea Gargoyles are electric blue in color and usually half the size of a Stone Gargoyle not to mention twice as smart and much quicker in flight. Stone Gargoyles tended to be… well, just as their name implied; big, gray and dumb as a rock. But then again information had a tendency to be not quite correct…

“Thank you Elliane. I’ll take that into consideration.” Ivy said politely, nodding gently. “I wouldn’t doubt it if they did turn out to be something other then Stone.”

Just then Brother Jacob came bumbling down the hall, panting. “Father Maynard told me to tell you to gather your team and get to the front steps; a carriage will be there to take you to the shore where you’ll take a boat to Denmark.”

Ivy’s eyes grew wide with fright. “We… we’re taking a boat?” She asked, feeling ill at the very thought of it.

“Of course.” Brother Jacob said raising his bushy eyebrows. “How else are you going to get to Germany? Fly?” He laughed at his own joke and hurried on.

“I don’t sail well.” She explained to Elliane. It was the biggest understatement of the year. Just being on a dock made her seasick.

Feeling faint she excused herself to Elliane and went back to her room for her bag. After getting it she walked the length of the Cathedral and out the front steps where the rest of her team was waiting in the soggy dawn. The storm had died down but a few droplets still splattered her face as she went to them, trying to think of anything but the impended ship ride.
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 02:25
She dropped her books, and was about to pick them up, until her eyes glew red agian, she saw the room in a blurry red, and moving slowly she picked up her books, she shook her head agian, but nothing helped, thats when she grew scared, she screamed and fainted. It was most unlike her to let her Vampire side to control her, but this time she couldn't help it..
SwirlZ
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 06:44
"Mr. Lamoure, you're due to leave in several moments. A carriage is awaiting you along with the rest of the team. From there you will go to Denmark on water. Father Maynard requests you all meet as soon as possible," Brother Jacob said in between deep breaths. He must have been all over the place trying to find everyone.

"Very well, then. I shall be down there, as soon as possible," Tal smiled. Brother Jacob turned to leave but stopped as Tal nodded and said," Thank you." Brother Jacob crossed his chest, nodded, and headed back on his way.

Tal closed his bag, which was little more than a tied sack with fancy designs on it. It mostly carried two days worth of clothing, maps, sharpening tools, and his personal journal in which all his thoughts and plans are concealed. Tal threw it over his shoulder, and made sure he had all his weapons.

He sighed and stared longingly at the picture his sister drew. How long will it be until he is able to see her again? To see his brother? He did not know. Tal walked over to his nightstand and picked up the picture. He looked at it for several minutes.

"Live long, my family," he whispered to it. The lamp from the nightstand cast an eerie glare across the picture. He leaned over, and blew out the candle within. The room went pitch black, except for a thin stream of light coming from the cracks in the door. He kissed the picture, set it back down, and moved out.

Tal was about half way through the second corridor when he heard a high pitched scream. He looked around, trying to locate where the scream came from. When it stopped he shook his head. Must have been imagining, he thought.

"I've been on way too many missions. Or I haven't been on one in a long time and am anxious about it. Either way, I don't like hearing things in my head." Tal said under his breath. He quickly walked out to the main part of the Cathedral, known to the public. He walked to the front steps and saw the carriage, as Brother Jacob had said.

The rain had nearly stopped, but was misting anyways. He put the hood of his cloak over his head, barely allowing his eyes to be visible. He could make out a few people there before him. He leaned up against the wall of the Cathedral and waited for the rest to follow out.
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2004 06:56
She woke up hours later, and still saw everything in red, she ran to see Father Maynard, and she finally found him outside. "Father Maynard. The black side of me has tooken over. I must stop it" Father Maynard smiled and nodded.
CityofAngel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 03:40
Mikhail turned up the collar of his leather trenchcoat as he stepped through the massive doors of the Cathedral and out into the cold, dark night. He walked slowly down the front steps, his breath turning into mist with every exhalation. He stood at the sidewalk alone, waiting silently for the rest of the team to come. He squinted against the scattered raindrops that splattered gently against his face and stared down at the street, trying to catch signt of a carriage coming their way.

Soon Talisman joined him, and so did Ivy. Mikhail cast brief glances at both agents who stood on either side of him and noticed the somewhat anxious look on the young woman's face. He smiled.

"Don't worry about it, Ivy." he told her gently. "It'll be over soon before you know it. You could just try sleeping the trip off below deck this time."

He stuffed his icy hands deep into his coat pockets and turned his gaze back to the street. "So...stone gargolyes, huh?" he said, looking pensive. "Haven't been sent after one of those in almost ten years. What's the final blow to finishing them off again?"
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 04:43
After washing her face with water she looked up, her red vision was gone, and everything was clear, she just figured something, she blew the candle that bore light, and looked into the mirror, her eyes glew a yellowish color. She backed up and ran outside, she needed to speak to Ivy, she ran up to the group waiting for the carriage. She smiled at Ivy, and then relized her eyes were glowing she covered them and spoke to Ivy. "I'm sorry Ivy to bother you, my Vampire side is taking me, it does that everynight before the Full moon" she breathed, running out of breath "Ivy, as you know I believe its Sea Gargoyles, well as you know how to kill Stone Gargoyles, but if these are Sea Gargoyles, you need to be ready, just in case, so I decided to give you a little brief before the Carriage arrives" she stood tall uncovering her glowing eyes.

"The Sea Gargoyles are affected by some elements, but they have to be used in the right way, First is light, light is a common weakness for Gargoyles, espically if Stone Gargoyles. The most affected way to use the adventage light is too lure them out of water, the only way to lure them out is live human bait, they feed on human flesh. Sea Gargoyles, are also affected by confusion, now this may seem silly, but Gargoyles aren't to brilliant. The dumbest race of Gargoyles is Stone Gargoyles, the most smartest and rarest are the Angels, in fact I have encountered one, but I shouldn't go into my storys. I will give you my list of Gargoyles." she pulled out a small piece of paper and wrote on it. "Ok the dumbest as you know is Stone Gargoyles, their intellgent in some ways, like annoying citzens, but they were forbidden by the gods to kill any such like creature on this planet. Or they will turn into stone forever. The second smartest creatures are the Morning Gargoyles. They sleep at night, feed in the morning before the sun comes up, and then goes back to sleep. They sleep in Caves and any place the sun does not shine. The third smartest is the Vampire Gargoyle, they are really fast and smart, and the fourth is a Sea Gargoyle, they are allowed to Kill and Feed on Humans. I told you their weakness, and there advantages are Electricty, Water, and Darkness. An the 5 are the Angels, they were legends until I met one, extremly hard and fast, and intellegent, their is another its only a legend but its suppose to be a race of Hungry, blood thirsty Vampires that the gods locked up and never let out, cause they were killing everyone"

She stopped and smiled "Thats it, if you need more infomation contact me, also I might not be here tommorow, I am suppose to be locked up tommorow, so I don't kill anyone, it was Father Maynards Idea, I do it every full moon, tommorow Dani will be the only one, also the day after that I will be little over the edge, so I might be little mad, I can't wait for this to be over, she smiled at them and walked away trying to get in the light as soon a possible, as she got to her personal room, she lit a candle and carried it to her bed, she layed down and stared at the ceiling until she heard a knock on the door. She opened it and saw Brother Jacob "Ms Ellaine, since tommorow is the full moon, we need to lock the room door," she nodded wincing at the pain in her side, "Brother Jacob, thank you but I must go," she closed the door and layed down and heard him lock the door and walk away, she blew out the candle and slept
Saeran
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 06:12
Robin stepped out into the cold, dark night. Flashes of lightning and explosions of thunder rolled across the sky. Rain patterned the cobble stone and it seemed as if the night was a symphony within itself. Tal, Mikhail, and Ivy waited on the street for the others to come. Robin shivered, and joined them silently. Even with it's uncomfortableness, rain seemed to open her eyes and make her see things more clearly. The rain made her feel alive.

Robin tilted her head upward looking strait at the water drops as they fell. Looking strait up she noticed how the water seemed not to fall, but to gather in a center. She adjusted her head, again, and the rain was falling, once more.

"What are you doing?"

"N-nothing," Robin stammered. She didn't know how to explain this odd way of entertaining herself. Her facination with perspective was one she kept to herself.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2004 11:16
On soft feet, Dani walked silently into the chapel from a side door. Quietly she seated herself in the first pew behind Donnel where he knelt before the alter steps.

After crossing himself he stood and began to gather up his things. "I'm suprised you've wandered upstairs, little sister." He said, closing the fastenings on his bag. "It's still raining outside."

She looked up at him as he turned. "The others are waiting outside for you." She said simply.

He nodded. As he walked passed her he stopped and bend to her, placing a small kiss on the top of her head. As he bent she slipped her hand into his. Straightening he looked down at their fingers and the dark beads that she had placed in his hand. Standing she said, "You speak to Him so often, and yet you almost forget to take Him with you."

Donnel smiled and tucked the rosery into his pocket. He pulled up the collar of his overcoat as he stepped out into the heavy mist to join his other team mates. He looked back to the door and in a flash of silent lightening he saw the small form of his sister in the foyer of the cathedral. But in the next flash, she was gone. Dani seldom stayed above ground during a storm.

Stepping down the stairs he stood next to Robin, who had her face lifted to the rain. So he asked her casually, "What are ya doin?" But she had given him a stammered reply. He didn't talk to her again for the moment, but did not step away either.

It took all of Dani's courage to slip upstairs to see her brother off, and she wouldn't have done it at all if it was still booming thunder. For a brief moment she thought to stand just inside the doorway to watch him go as they entered the carriage, but then the lightening flashed.

Heart beating in her throat, she retreated quickly for her rooms and work space far below the cathedral, where only the loudest of the thunderclaps could penetrate and the rain or lightening flashes could not be heard.

One of the brothers passed her as she rested against a wall for a moment, catching her breath and calming her panicked heart. He carried keys in his hand and came from the direction of Ellaine's room. She had forgotten it was full moon. And it was too bad too. Ellaine knew more about Gargoyles than she did.

"Oh well," she thought to herself. As investigators with the field team leaving, it did not matter. Ellaine would be out of it for the next few days. Perhaps the maddness that takes her will not keep them from their sleep. With that thought Dani turned towards her own room for the night.

Outside Donnel rolled his shoulders, trying to shrug off an anxiety that was not his own. "Damn it Dani. I wish you'd just relax for once." He muttered under his breath as the carriage arrived. "Yer makin' my skin crawl."
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2004 11:49
Opened her eyes, she couldn't go to sleep, she stood up but cried in pain, her hunger grew, an she found something quite unusual, she walked to one of the walls, and put her her hands on it, and tried to pull it away, but it went right threw, she backed up and sighed, tommorow she would be full vampire, and it would take her, possess her, and last for a while until the era of the full moon was gone.
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2004 06:12
((I’m sorry Aelial but I’m going to have to ask you to not write so many one liners. As I said in the OOC the rules clearly state that all writers need to post at least three paragraphs in each post unless under extreme time crunches. Please try to obey the rules.))

The six of them climbed into the carriage; Ivy, Mordecai, and Tal sat on one side while Robin, Donnie, and Mikhail sat on the other. It was rather cramped but they made due. Their extra things where strapped to the top by the driver.

“So.” Ivy said with relative calm, looking out at her team. “Has everyone done their homework on Gargoyles? I’ve been warned that they might not be Stone gargoyles as I’m sure you heard Elliane saying earlier. We should assume that our information is correct and they are in fact Stone but if they turn out to be Sea we will need to be prepared.”

The young woman leaned forward to look around Mordecai meeting Tal’s eyes. “I’m sure that you have some basic plans and maneuvers that you would like to go over as we’re on our way? Or at least while I am still coherent enough to listen as I doubt I will be on the boat.”

A couple people chuckled and Ivy grinned at them, trying to make light of her seasickness problem.

((As for the closing of this Forum I intend to continue it on the other website or where ever they are going to move us too. I hope that you will all stay with me. And I firmly encourage anyone that has the time to send an application for administrator of the new site. NT-rpg will live!!!))
SwirlZ
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 07:34
The young woman leaned forward to look around Mordecai meeting Tal’s eyes. “I’m sure that you have some basic plans and maneuvers that you would like to go over as we’re on our way? Or at least while I am still coherent enough to listen as I doubt I will be on the boat.”

Tal smiled at Ivy. "It's been a while since I've last been on an "adventure" with you, Ivy. Alas, you seem to recall me well, however I forgot your sea illness,"Tal smiled. "And, yes, I do have plans to discuss. I was hoping to talk to you before about it since," he shifted uncomfortably. "Since, you are the leader this time. Though, I seemed to have missed you until now, so have no further time to discuss this with you."

Tal rolled out some notes and drawings from his pockets, he had taken them out before the driver put his backage on the carriage. He smoothed them out and laid them out so all the companions in the carriage could see.

"As you all recall hearing, we were told that these are stone gargoyles. I've done research and think they might be other than stone, however in case they are here's the plan," there he paused and coughed, glancing quickly at Ivy. "Or, a plan. Stone gargoyles are vicious when cornered. They will fight to the death, more ferociously than normal. And that is because they hate it." He stopped as the notes started to ruffle again. He smoothed them out and continued.

"Now, normally they don't go in packs, however this could be an exception. I'm thinking, that if we could somehow cause a diversion, something that they would be attracted to go to, then we might have a chance of splitting them, and making it easier to destroy the group in a whole." He took a deep breath. "If we somehow could split them, we could take out little groups at a time, or one at a time. I'm thinking, that they never leave their home all alone. If they are in a pack, then they leave 3 or 4 to stay and guard it. So we could take out those ones, and when they send a new shift we could take out those ones, and so on and so forth. That could work."

He took out a new page of notes, from the bottom. "However, they could be Sea Gargoyle, which make a bigger difference. I doubt they are either angel or wingless gargoyles, though wingless ones are realloy wingless, they just can't fly more than one roof top at a time."

"Ahem, anyways, sea gargoyles stay in packs as much as they can. They sort of have different "clans", if you will. In which, they may fight with another clan. If that happens, we're pretty much gonners." He glanced around. "Not that I doubt any of your guys' capabilities." He paused for a bit, thinking. "Allright, these guys are tougher to split from their groups. They cling to each other like jelly on bread, so to speak. We could lure them to the water, which surprisingly is their weakness. They love to bask in the water, which is common in packs. So, we act as bait, and go to the water, where our weapons await them."

"We hide while they come, that's the easy part, then once they're in the water, we have a chance to make a suprise attack at them," Tal stopped. He looked around at everybody.

"I'm open to suggestions."
Ringspell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 05:44
((Hey all.. I just have to tell you that I'm leaving today and won't be back for about two weeks. Sorry about the late notice but... this vacation just kinda snuck up on me. See you later!! Maybe on the new NT site if they move us over. Bye!!))
Aelial
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2004 01:31
(Ooc-Okay.........)

Ellaine woke in the morning, and rubbed her eyes, she stood up and looked around, everything was normal, she knocked on the door,so someone would let her out, Brother Jacob opened the door "Ellaine? Are you ill?" Ellaine shook her head, "It didn't take its place!" Brother Jacob smiled, "Alright, we could use some help." he led her out to the lab, and she looked around "Ellaine! Look Brother Maynard got his hands on the Gargoyles rough skin," she nodded, and picked up a sample "Jacob, I must have a few hours of time alone." he nodded and she sat down, she put it under a wooden microscope, and examined it, it was black, and its rough pattern, showed a electric path that led Electrons, to one side to another, which created a circuit, but she looked closer, it had a yellow patch in the middle, which seemed to be home to alto of germs, she a pick to scape off the current skin and looked underneath

She opened her mouth, but nothing came out, she rushed to Dani's room, she was in too much horror, after gathering Dani she led her to the lab, she pointed to the wooden microscope in the middle of the table, what lay ed under the skin, was a city of small microscopic bugs, that she had never seen before, it seemed these bugs lived in this gargoyles skin, for years, they were fierce looking. An they were leaping everywhere, she was breathing hard, she took out the skin from the angel, and it was not matching, luckily. She had no clue what it was, but she was scared, she took out samples of skins of different gargoyles, and none of them was matching, she was breathing hard, an she sat down.

Finally she realized what they were "They are skin eating bacteria, that grow to the size of a cat hair, they are ugly creatures, that eat flesh and blood, they live in certain gargoyles and creatures, to keep warmth, but at the age of 41 in gargoyle years, they eat away the skin, before that these gargoyles have certain knowledge that others don't. We are lucky we killed this one"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email