Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
Post Welcome Collectors!
on: October 20, 2002 04:40
Welcome to the Council of Elrond Collectibles Forum! Herein we hope to have a lively exchange between those who want 'em, and those who have 'em or know where to get 'em. Figures, posters, special edition books, whatever--if it's collectible with a Tolkien theme, post it here. Looking for that special something LotR? Let the CoE world know--there's a good chance someone here has what you're looking for!

Note from Mother Scothia: This is not a place for free advertising of a business. We provide this forum for exchanging information on LotR collectibles. Don't discuss prices or insert ads of any kind. If someone posts an item of interest, you'll need to PM him/her and do your negotiating privately. Oh--and neither the Mods nor CoE place any guarantee, implied or otherwise, on items bought or sold as a result of this forum. Okay?

Happy collecting!
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Welcome Collectors!
on: October 21, 2002 05:18
When burger king started selling the FOTR figures last year I rushed to try to buy them all- I still need the Cave Troll and Frodo- any suggestions
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: October 21, 2002 07:01
PBHF, why don't you start a thread for this? You'll probably get a good response that way.
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2004 07:37
Could someone out there please tell me if there is anywhere that I could buy the banners or patterns for making the wallhangings and banners that were hanging in Edoras. Also the wallhanging in Arwen's bedroom and the Elvish banners.

Also are there any stores or sites in Canada that I can buy LOTR collectibles. Thanks!
Rue
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 07:56
Could someone out there please tell me if there is anywhere that I could buy the banners or patterns for making the wallhangings and banners that were hanging in Edoras. Also the wallhanging in Arwen's bedroom and the Elvish banners.

Also are there any stores or sites in Canada that I can buy LOTR collectibles. Thanks!

They have replica Rohan and King Aragorn flags, and a Easterling pennant at the Official LOTR Fan Club store. Unfortunately, thats all I've been able to find. I'd love it if someone made patterns!

www.lotrfanclub.com
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 09:58
Thanks Rue, I.ve been looking around as well and have found some flags. I make and design medieval banners and would love to do some of all the banners, flags and pennants from LOTR, but don't want to infringe!! I know most of these were designed by Gareth Jensen and Lesley Earl-Templton both fabric artists who work for WETA. Maybe if we bombard them with a few e-mails, they will either issue them as collectibles or get someone to make the patterns!! I live in hope!
tarkena
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 11:48
does anyone know where in Australia I can get collectibles? Imean ive got a collector pin set and stuff but i want to know if there is anywhere here that only has LOTR collectibles?
If there is a thread for this please tell me.
thanx
tarkena
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2004 12:42
I apologize for this being a couple of months late, jessamyn, but Flaggen-Pehl is creating banners, flags, and pennants featured from Peter Jackson’s movies. The Mithril Armoury is selling them in North America.
sugaplum
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 08:09
Hi all!

I am interested in finding out what tolkien (mainly LotR) items will be collectible in years to come.
Evenstar_gr
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 06:08
Hi to all Just today i received the Evenstar pedant and i am very very happy :love: :love: I guess that i am the one and only who have it in Greece.
Turwaithiel_Melannen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2005 09:03
Hi, You should keep an eye on ebay. They have alot of collectable stuff on there. I saw they had some Rohan banners just the other day.
sasanoah
Council Member
Send Message
Hey all, I am looking to buy an elvish blade somewhere online. Most of the places I go(ebay) are covered with Leogolas' mainsteam fighting knives but I want something used more like Arwen's. Glamdring and Orcrist and Hadafang(pardon the spelling) show up but I don't have 100000000$ to spend on a full sword. Any suggestions? It doesnt need to be a replica of a famous one either.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Some of the LotR swords aren't in production anymore and that is why they are harder to find (though you can still find many of them) but TH swords are still being produced and are quite easy to find. Actually, they made more of the more famous swords which makes them easier to find that ones that weren't so famous like Arwen's sword. United Cutlery swords are officially licensed and therefore the best quality IMO but there are cheaper ones available too.
Amazon lists UC swords like Glamdring for $189, Orcrist for $181, Sting $119, Kili's and Fili's swords for $145, etc. etc. They even have Anduril for $195, and Legolas's fighting knives for $177.

I also see TH swords on ebay for a bit higher prices but that is normal for ebay these days. I see Hadhafang on ebay (not UC) but other replicas in the couple hundred dollar price range also. I haven't seen anything with price tags as high as you've posted.

There are also other websites such as here http://www.bladecenter.com/hobbit-swords-and-weapons.aspx which has both LotR and Hobbit stuff, and here http://www.budk.com/category/Movies-TV-Games/Hobbit-Swords/pc/3192/3511.uts

Hope this helps you find what you are looking for.

[Edited on 02/24/2015 by Dolwen]
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Amazon has Arwen"s sword, for a decent price!

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
flyingarrow said:Amazon has Arwen"s sword, for a decent price!

Arwen's sword??? I only recall Arwen wielding a sword in a (thankfully!!!) rejected story line shown in TT EE.
Éowyn practiced with a sword in TT - though I could not say off the cuff if that was in the cinema or EE version.
Whatever.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Arwen raised a sword when she crossed the river with Frodo in FotR. It's name is Hadhafang.

Nazgûl: Give up the halfling, she-elf!

Arwen: (draws her sword) If you want him, come and claim him!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I have movie sized posters of several LOTR characters. I also have LOTR Collectible Cards, Legolas' Fighting Knives, mounted. Tauriel's Fighting Knives, also mounted. A miniature Sting and Sting on a necklace pendant. I wish I could find out what these are worth right now
Tiro nin Elbereth
ArwenLegolas
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
I also of course the Evenstar Necklace. We paid $128 for it when we bought it. Still in the original box. I also have a Minas Tirith Sculpture Jewelry keeper
It would be nice to know the values of these items.
Maybe I should insure them if they increased in value.
Tiro nin Elbereth
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email