Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Whitewitch
Council Member
Send Message
Post All jewellery-related discussions
on: October 21, 2002 11:50
Does anyone know anywhere, particulary in UK, where I can get LOTR jewellery? There seem to be lots of swords out there, but probably not a good idea! I have a seven year old child with a temper, and a husband who tells REALLY bad jokes (guaranteed to bring out MY temper!) All help greatly appreciated.
Mod's note: Starting now, please post all jewelry-related discussions in this thread. Thanks!

[Edited on 8/18/03 by Scothia]
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
Post RE: All jewellery-related discussions
on: October 21, 2002 12:18
I did a Google search on "Lord of the Rings jewellery" and got only 3 hits, none of which were productive. Then I changed the UK spelling to the US "jewelry" and came up with a whole slew of hits. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=ISO-8859-1&newwindow=1&q=%22Lord+of+the+Rings+Jewelry+%22&btnG=Google+Search Perhaps you can try from there.

Also, eBay has all kinds of lovely LotR things. Have you tried looking for jewelry there?
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: October 21, 2002 12:19
M wrote an article about LotR jewelry here:

http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Subjects&file=index&req=viewpage&pageid=3

It's a few months old, though, so it doesn't cover the newer stuff...
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
Tanlaithwen
Orange Juice Fanatic
Send Message
on: October 22, 2002 01:58
How could I have missed that article??
I've been looking everywhere for LOTR jewellery. Found loads of stuff that is LOTR related, and not LOTR related but still looks like it is, and that article was sitting there under my nose all that time...
I'm completely in love with everything from The Noble Collection tho - yesssssss, we wantssssss itsssssssss. Sorry, Gollum moment.
Whitewitch
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2002 12:15
Thanks Scothia and Rivka!:love: Oooh, I love this site and the way everyone's so helpful! Thanks millions and millions and millions and millions and..........................
highlandergirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2002 09:28
Has anyone seen any of the jewelry up close, such as Arwen's pendant, Galadriel's ring, etc. The prices are so high..and I just wonder if its worth thos prices. Also I see that Applause is making versions of the rings too, at half the price of the ones made by Noble. I'd love to get Evenstar's pendant, or the Rohan brooch, but can't get a close enough look from those pictures. I've bought jewelry off the internet that looked great in the picture, not good at home. What do think about the pendant? I love silver, but the quality has to be good !
M
Queen of Orc Killers
Send Message
on: November 14, 2002 10:56
The ones made by applause are really "toys" they aren't real gold or have the same artistic detail or anything like the ones made by Noble, hence the severe price difference.
M
Queen of Orc Killers
Send Message
on: November 15, 2002 05:36
Oops I meant Harmony, but I just discovered Badali added a Gren Leaf broach and a few other items to their collection.
Elenya
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 11, 2002 06:46
Yeah,
I was also wondering if the rings from Noble are worth that price... I would pay if it was good quality. Does anyone know if it is worth it?

Lady_of_Lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2002 03:11
highlandergirl- I own the Noble collection Evenstar pendant and it is deffinatly worth what you would pay for it as it's so beautiful and delicate. I love mine, but don't wear it often for fear of breaking it, but I'm just paranoid.

Elenya- I don't own any of the Noble rings, but know someone who owns the Nenya, who says the quality is very good, and worth the price.
Adastrea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2003 04:41
I live in the uk myself and haven't found anywhere that sells the jewellery. BUT Noble collection do let you post and international order by email or fax (If you don't mind customs charges) I have had the evenstar pendant since last April (From the LOTR offical website store) I wear it nearly every day and I can safely say it isn't likely to break. And it still stays nice and shiny! It was most positively worth the money. I have nenya and the elven broach on order and I can't wait for them to arrive!:heart:
Adastrea
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2003 04:44
And www.newmoon.uk.com sell the jewellery by Badali with a 10% postage charge
Galenas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2003 05:53
Suilad,

I collect the swords as well as the jewelry. The Noble Collection http://www.noblecollection.com is the only one out there with decent jewelry.

It is fairly pricey, but you get what you pay for. I've checked some of the other sites and their 'one ring' was soooooo tacky. TNC rings are silver with awesome detailing. They run about $129.00 each. Other items, Evenstar necklace, Elven brooch are cleaper.

If you do decide to go with them, remember the items are silver with a gold plating (or whatever process they use nowadays) and if you are going to wear it alot the gold will come off....ex: one ring, Elrond's ring.

Anyway, enjoy whatever you get. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Have fun!

Galenas
Adastrea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 06, 2003 09:50
Well Nenya arrived and is FANTASTIC.(from noble collection)
Galenas, I beg to differ, Paul Badali has had permission to make the one ring for over 20 years, and it is very good. (I got my silver copy from new moon) I compared it to the one ring in the style of the movie that my friend has and the quality is much better, it is a good size, wonderfully smooth and comfortable. (not that I am trying to make this an advert or anything)
Galenas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 10, 2003 12:11
I stand corrected. Shouldn't believe everything I read. The quality is better? That is really something. The One Ring I have is very heavy, big.....what I see in the movie, the runes are beautiful inside and out. Yikes, if there is another one out there that is better I gotta know that!
Gotta web site I can to go? (TIA!)
I agree...Nenya is super. The detailing is awesome on all of them.

Galenas

Well Nenya arrived and is FANTASTIC.(from noble collection)
Galenas, I beg to differ, Paul Badali has had permission to make the one ring for over 20 years, and it is very good. (I got my silver copy from new moon) I compared it to the one ring in the style of the movie that my friend has and the quality is much better, it is a good size, wonderfully smooth and comfortable. (not that I am trying to make this an advert or anything)
Adastrea
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 06:28
Sure Galenas! http://www.badalijewelry.com/index.htm
I think the only problem with this is every one wants the stuff as they see it from the film, but this guys direct interpretation from the books is good. The ring is heavy but you just don't notice it, only when you hold it in your hand. It seems an odd description for metal but it feels so soft!!!!(not breakable but soft like puppy fur!) bizzare I know! Also www.newmoon.uk.com is the place to get Paul Badali's stuff if your in the uk and also the home of the infamous elvish love ring. which is also nice:
Nenya:heart:

[Edited on 2/11/03 by Parmadur]
ljorieg
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2003 08:02
We purchased the following Noble Collection pieces: Arwen's pendant and Aragorn's ring. Both are beautiful, but Harmony Gold customer service claims their Arwen pendant uses a higher quality silver, and does not believe they use gold leaf on the back of the crystals. It is about $40 cheaper than Noble's. Aragorn's ring is gorgeous -- heavy, perfectly crafted, etc. Worth its weight so to speak...
Aniron_Valandil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2003 02:28
oh I love the jewelry....

I just got in the mail today

the one ring silver/gold plated
Nenya(my second)
the king of men ring
the ring of the witch king
and the ring of the dwarfs all from noble, Im happy with them

I got my first nenya and aragorns ring from ebay and evenstar and elven brooch from newline, evenstar was more than noble charges( I shoulda checked)

I would love to collect the swords butn they are to pricey for me.
goldberry
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2003 07:11
got a new ring today "the one ring" only its sterling silver.Got it from my local jewellers and put it on as soon as she handed it to me.I've been waiting 3 weeks for it to come in,I know,its not the same as the original,but I'm a " silver" girl annd I love it!!!!
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2003 01:45
I just discovered that a shop in the city of Leeuwarden, the Netherlands, sells a silver the one ring for 16,95 euro, guess who's typing with the ring around her finger???
MrsDodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2003 08:29
you can get the offical ring of power from argos by mail order. That's where I got mine!!
~archangeli~
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2003 04:10
If you are buying an Evenstar, regardless of which company, all of the Swarovski stones will have a gold-foil backing - that's simply how they are manufactured. This doesn't show through the crystals, but it does reflect off the sterling silver pendant.

If it really bothers you, I suppose you can paint over the backs.

MY personal preference is for the Noble pendant. If you take pictures and compare Noble and Harmony Gold's pendants side by side, the tips at the bottom aren't the same. The Harmony Gold one always looks crooked - can anyone confirm?

Also, what is this rubbish about a "higher grade of silver"? Isn't sterling silver 0.925 anyhow? I thought that it was standard.
UnknownElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2003 10:07
Im not really sure about the "higher grade of silver" thing... but I got my Evenstar pendent off of ebay and it's great. I got the Witchking's ring for my friend for her birthday... and that was pretty good too. hehehe... but now Ive been wanting to get Nenya...
ElvishMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2003 05:35
I got my Ring of Barahir and Evenstar pendant from noble collection. I found it to be a really good site!
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 12:54
I got my Evenstar Pendant from the Noble Collection. It is the most beautiful necklace I have ever purchased and it was well worth the money. It looks EXACTLY like Arwen's in the movie. When I got mine about a year and a half ago, it was $75. Now it is $95, but it also comes with a wooden collector box with a certificate of authenticity, whereas mine came with niether of those.
BEWARE: Although it is beautiful, it can tarnish. Tarnish is caused by exposure to air, which can cause oxidation, which results in tarnish on real silver. Mine beagan doing that a few months ago and I was freaking out. I looked around the house for stuff to clean it with and found Tarni-Shield, which cleaned it right up. I e-mailed the Noble Collection about this and they said to prevent tarnish, wrap the necklace non-buffred/acid free tissue paper and store in a air-tight ziplock bag. So far, it has worked and my necklace is still tarnish free. If you do need to clean your necklace DO NOT USE ABRASSIVE POLISHES, DIPS OR SCRUBBING TOOLS (Steel wool) That could scratch the necklace. Just use a soft towel or rag. I highly reccommend using Tarni-Shield. It works well, plus adds a covering to halp prevent future tarnishing.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 05:17
Thanks for the great tips on jewelry care! Someday, when I get my own Evenstar, they'll come in handy.
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2003 08:31
No problem! I am glad I could help!
ElvishMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 07:13
When i bought my Evenstar i got a certificate of aunthenticity but no box and i only paid $75.
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 10:58
ElvishMaiden...
Did you buy your Evenstar Pendant from the Noble Collection? If so, then I don't know why they didn't have the box with it. Maybe they just started sending out certificates before they added the wooden collector box, which didn't cause the price to go up. My Evenstar Pendant came in a white cardboard box with no certificate and it cost $75 as well.
If you bought it somewhere else, then that is why there is no box. Maybe it doesn't come with one, but it does come with a certificate.
Who knows...
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2003 11:01
Ooops!!!
Sorry ElvishMaiden... I just read your post above my first one that clearly states that you bought your pendant from the Noble Collection. Disregard my question, although I still don't fully understand the whole certificate ordeal. Oh well!
ElvishMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2003 04:31
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~-- I did get the certificate but mine came in the little white cardboard box as well, i got mine in Aprilish. I think i'm actually happy i only paid $75 i can live without a wooden box.

~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 10:13
Yeah, I agree ElvishMaiden. I would rather pay only $75 with a white cardboard box than pay an extra $20 for a wooden box.
Scothia
CoE Elder Sister
Send Message
on: August 11, 2003 10:32
This thread is becoming redundant with the other Noble vs. Ultimate one. Would you please keep that discussion over there, and leave this one for jewelry in general? Thanks.

[Edited on 8/15/03 by Scothia]
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2003 11:04
OK! Got a photo of Galadriel's ring here on my hand. Just want you to see the beauty of it in case you are procrastinating on whether to buy it or not. It's the sterling silver one. Worth saving for.

~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2003 10:26
Wow!!! Very pretty!!! It looks like it was very much worth the money...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email