Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: All jewellery-related discussions
on: August 23, 2003 07:10
I have a question for anyone that has the answer to it. I have heard of Arwen Pendants having their jewels fall off and I was wondering where they got their pendant. I got mine from Noble Collection, but I have NEVER had any problem with something as serious as the jewels falling off. Is theirs defective or did they just buy a cheaper (quality) version??? I have also seen Arwen Pendants online for like $7.00. Could the more breakable Pendants be one of them?
Galenas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2003 03:39
Okay LOTR jewelry fans. For what it's worth I'll give you MHO about the jewelry that I've purchased, where, and how I think it fairs.
One Ring.....TolkienTown has the best quality gold one out there, but not cheap....about$399. I sent the Noble Collection back because it felt too light. TolkTown did a superb job.
Following from Noble:
Ring of Barahir-Noble....very nice, actually wearable, but the stones in all the rings are crystal, so I don't know how they will put up to abuse.
Ring of Elrond....very pretty, not very wearable as it is very thick and adjoining fingers might get squished.
Dwarf Ring of Power....quite cool. If you want to wear it, get it a size larger than you normally wear because it is about 1/2 thick and doesn't slide on and off easily.
Galadriel Ring....beauteous. Very wearable. Not sure how much abuse it will take.....will tarnish because it is silver.
One Ring on chain......nice replica....better looking than their gold one, heavier. 24 ct gold over silver.
Elven Brooch....nice, but just a pin, not a real brooch.
Ring of men....nice, heavy.
Gandalf's Ring......ahhh, they won't send it to me until after ROTK is released!
The rings are adorned all the way around, so you can't resize them without wrecking the patterns.
You can get these at EBay, so keep your eyes peeled!
I hope that helps some of you shoppers!
Mallovorwen_Ballerina
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 06:30
Hi everyone! Well I am going to recieve my One Ring in the next few days, and I have a question. I ordered it from www.lotrshop.com the New Line cinema shop. I got the good expensive one. Does the gold come off like some rumors I have heard? If you could PM me if you own the one ring that would be great, because I want some more info, THANX!

Mallovorwen
~archangeli~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2003 11:23
Everything and anything you wanted to know about the Evenstar Necklaces:

As far as I'm concerned there are only 4 licensed manufacturers of the Arwen Evenstar necklace. The original movie pendants, designed by Jasmine Watson, are now the collective property of New Line Cinema, Tolkein Enterprises, blahblah....

If you're looking for a sterling silver version, these are the manufacturers to look for:
1) Noble Collection - made using the original casts by Jasmine Watson. The feature 7 Swarovski stones. I've heard stories about crystals falling out - but they can be purchased in bulk and replaced. I have a bunch of crystals sitting around that will fit this necklace. If you need some, PM me!
2) Harmony Gold - similar to the Noble one (sterling silver, swarovski stones), but EVERY picture I've seen of it makes it look like the necklace is lop-sided and asymmetrical. I wouldn't pay money for it unless I saw an EXACT picture of the one I was purchasing.
3) Noell - this is a German company that also uses Swarovski stones. The main difference is that it looks nothing like the movie pendants.

And then there is the cheapie Halloween version worth no more than $8 (US) but sells for $30 and up on eBay:
4) Rubies - Made of base metal (the same crap they make Warhammer toys out of) and set with hideous plastic "jewels". There's also a coat of white frosty paint on it that makes the pendant look really cheap. HOWEVER: if you scrape the nasty white paint off, the surface of the metal is a nice shiny silver finish. The plastic jewels can be replaced with Swarovski stones - and the entire thing can rival the sterling silver one for a fraction of the cost.

For those of us who don't have lots of money to spend, consider making your own pendant. I've made a lot of Evenstar pendants using Fimo and silverleaf and they look really neat. (Check out my website for pics: www.geocities.com/cosplaycollectibes - look under "accessories")

Just a note of caution: I have been informed that www.tolkienshop.com has been selling something called the "New Zealand version" of the Evenstar pendant. This is neither licensed or correct. The photo on their website is an altered photo of MY Fimo pendant (also being used without my permission!!). I'm REALLY pissed off about this, but I just want to warn you that whatever he's selling is most likely not made by a New Zealand silversmith, but was baked in my kitchen in CANADA! (There's a long and ugly story behind this... if you care to hear it, PM me).

OK, ranting done.

To sum up, do your research and find out which company made your necklace, the exchange and refund policy and do some comparison shopping. Some websites list items for a higher price than it would cost to purchase directly from a manufacturer.
NaryauCielo
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2003 02:05
This site had more jewellery than most places,

http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/catalog.cfm?catid=17
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: October 14, 2003 07:22
I'm with Mallovorwen_Ballerina. If anyone has any info in the One Ring sterling silver editon from Noble Collection, please pm me! I was making my way through the merchendise gallery and read the the gold wears off. :dizzy:
Mallovorwen_Ballerina
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2003 11:26
Well today I finally got my One Ring! Its truley beautiful! "Its ours, They stole it from us" LOL JKJK Dont worry Im not turning into Gollum, Im still a Smeagol type. HAHA. I was hoping that the engraving would be a bit more noticable, but its still soooooo pretty. The box it came in is VERY pretty too. I ordered the one from LOTR shop, which is also seen in the Harmony Gold catalouge. Anyways just had to tell you its VERY worth the money!:love::love:

FRODO LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2003 05:29
Has anyone here seen The Butterfly Brooch of Arwen? They sell it at the Noble Collection now!!! That is awesome! It is so pretty. It is $69, which isn't too bad. I'm saving up for that one. Here is a link to the picture if no one has seen it. http://www.noblecollection.com/images/large/NN7733L.jpg

[Edited on 12/3/03 by Parmadur]

[Edited on 4/12/2003 by ~*Arwen_Undómiel*~]
hithuiorod
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2003 11:04
Does anyone know where I can find elronds headdress? I checked out the nobel collection but i thought that one looked kinda cheesy.
~*Arwen_Undómiel*~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2003 09:00
Sorry. That is the only place that I know of that sells it!
Evenstar_child
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 10:51
In Australia if you go to Prouds jewellery store you can get the one ring. I don't know where else in the world you can get one but. But with the one ring you can gold or sliver with the inscriptions on it. I've got the sliver one it's really pretty. I wanted a gold one but that would cost me $395, so I got a sliver one for $89 still expensive but. But I love I wear it everywhere. But you can get cheap ones on ebay. I got my first one there for $20 I gave that one too my best friend and I'm getting one for my little bro for christmas on ebay. You can also get heaps of LOTR stuff on ebay too.

Evenstar_child
~archangeli~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2003 03:54
The Atelier des Elfs does some brilliant tiara/diadem work:

http://ambreagorn.free.fr/diademe.html

I remember seeing a replica they did of Elrond's headress that was lovely. They also do custom work. I saw a pic of their rendition of Arwen's "coronation" headress and it's speactacular!
yagottaluvit
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2004 07:57
I got the One Ring from the Noble Collection but that stuff is real and it costs a lot. There are lots of cheap reproductions, so if I were you I would just run a search. Good Luck!
Tel_Quessir
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 11:17
www.noblecollection.com
www.tolkientown.com

tolkien town has a TON of stuff. but some of it seems pricey. however, i did order from them. the ring of barahir. they are good in one respect, they accept paypal. i think they have a one ring that is major dough, but 20k gold? haha. crazy.
Bronwen_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 09:23
I've got earings of the elven brooches, they're beautiful, and I wear them more than i would a brooch, they're from the Noble collection. I also bought my friend a one ring from the baladi collection for her 21st birthday, that's really nice too, and both came with a certificate. I got them from www.uniquities.co.uk, a British site, they're really good and helpful if you phone them, I've seen all their stuff and it's really nice, I think it's all from the Noble and Baladi collection, and I ordered one afternoon and it arrived the next morning, I'm going to save up for a brooch and Arwen's pendant, perhaps a ring too, I really like the silver ones. it's not the cheapest place for jewellery but it is all good quality and i decided to pay more to be guarenteed good quality stuff rather than risk buying cheaper stuff on ebay when there was no way of knowing if it was good quality or not.
Náredhil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 11, 2004 05:37
Hey i was looking at some pics of movie stills from LOTR and the Ring of Barahir on aragorn looks different than the one that the Noble Collection sells? Which one is real, the better buy, and can anyone tell me where to get it?

Does anyone have the rings of Barahir or Narya from Noble? I'm seriously considering buying them but just wanted to know how they looked! Thanks!!!
foeofmorgothsrelm
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2004 04:26
i have the one ring, I am in Australia tho, and it had to come from the US! bugger!
CuriositysKitty
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 12:04
Does anyone here own the silver version of the One Ring from New Zealand's Te Papa Museum website? I was thinking of adding one to my collection and was hoping someone might know if it’s quality and workmanship is good. Here's a pic:
deadnick
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2004 05:42
Can anyone help. I heard that evita peroni also does the arwen pendent. Apparently there is 2 sizes. Anyone has this? I wanna see how much diffrent it is compared to the Noble Collection pendent.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: April 20, 2004 08:37
What are the ]i]really[/i] good jewlery replica makers? The Noble Collection is really iritating me, so I'm looking for another company...
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2004 02:13
My wife and I attended TolCon this past weekend in Seattle where we met Jasmine Watson who designed most of the jewelry for Peter Jackson's film adaptation of The Lord of the Rings.

I believe she indicated that she designed most or all of the major pieces except for the One Ring, Narya (Gandalf's ring), and Vilya (Elrond's ring). Her favorite piece is Nenya (Galadriel's ring), although she also seemed quite fond of Galadriel's crown.

You may visit Jasmine's website where she sells jewelry she personally designed, although she is not permitted to make or sell any of the LOTR jewelry as all the rights are held by New Line Cinema. http://www.jasminewatson.com

She said the items sold by the Noble Collection are extremely accurate because they're made from the same molds that she used to make the jewelry for the film.

I've purchased a couple of pieces for my wife, The Fellowship Necklace (based on the brooch) and the Elven Star Necklace (it appears to have been inspired by Nenya), and she likes them very much. She's particularly received a number of compliments on the latter.
LuthienofDoriath23
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 01:58
I have an evenstar pendant and a leaf brooch(both from the Noble Collection) and they're great! The evenstar pendant is beautiful, but it can get dusty in those little crevices. However, it is strong. When i was in the locker room at school, I was taking it off and I dropped it. I had dropped it once before, and it still doesn't have a nick or a dent. It's definently worth the buy. I love my leaf brooch, but the pin goes widthwise instead from loop to tip. Also, the pin doesn't seem to be very strong, although I heard from someone that the pin goes in the proper direction and is stronger, but I can't confirm that. I'm planing on getting Eowyn's crown and the phial.
Indil4u
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2004 12:02
I bought the one ring in silver about two years ago (I couldn't afford the gold one) and a little while back I bought the Evenstar. It was 129 euro and it was totally worth it! It is sooooooooooo beautiful. I usually doubt when I'm about to buy something quite expensive, but when I saw it, I said: 'Sold!' I didn't care about the money, I just had to have it. I hardly wear it because it's to beautiful for any day. If I ever get married, I think I'll wear it on my wedding day. :love:
LuthienofDoriath23
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2004 07:34
I found out something rather interesting about the evenstar pendant... When watching RotK for about the eighth time, I noticed that my pendant actually (well, in my opionion) looks better than the one in the movie! the movie one looked kinda lumpy-ish and the silver didn't look quite as good.
WitchKing73
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 02:27
Hey, folks. I'm new here and this is my first Post so please forgive me if I cover any previously mentioned points.

My query;

Is the King of Men Ring really the Witch-king's Ring, and is the original, officially named "Witch-king Ring" (the slim one with the eye on the stone) really the Rings worn by the other 8 Nazgul?

After much searching through scraps of info on the internet to no avail, I believe that I have found a good, official source to answer this question to my satisfaction. In the Lord of the Rings; Weapons and Warfare book written by Chris Smith, it states the following on the matter of the Witch-king/Ringwraiths' Rings of Power:

"Chief and greatest among the Nazgul was the Witch-King of Angmar; to him was given the first of the nine Rings of Power. Writings discovered among Saruman's papers (what?!?) declare that the Rings given to Men were, alone of all the Rings of Power, silver, set with a single amber stone, but those worn by the Nazgul were withered in size, and the amber stone was red, like an eye. Alone of them, the Witch-king's was of silver and gold, to reflect his elevated status, and the stone was of untainted amber."

The book then shows a picture of the Noble Collection's King of Men Ring with gold covering the top and bottom sections, including the 4 prongs that hold the gem. (As is known, the Noble Collection's Ring is entirely in silver and probably was purposely made that way so the company could sell more of them by keeping the cost down with no gold on it.) Also of note, the skeletal visages on the sides of the ring carry a crown on their heads while the heads on the "official" Witch-king Ring do not.

My conclusion is that the King of Men Ring is really the Witch-king's Ring and the misappropriated, misnamed, and mismarketed "Witch-king Ring" really belongs to the other Ringwraiths. These mistakes happen, especially in a monumental undertaking such as these films were, and I believe somewhere along the line this mix-up occurred. At least with the release of this new Ring and the book that tries to explain it all, the "powers that be" have finally corrected it. Anyway, in my humble opinion, the new Ring is much nicer and I'm already talking to a jeweller about having gold plating put on so it matches the official one pictured in the book. I wrote this Post to help clarify the record and hope this is useful to anyone searching for answers to their own questions about this matter.
I'm not associated with or by any official LOTR entity so take my musings for what they are . . . . simple musings.

Eldirn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2004 11:20
I too am looking for a version of Elrond's circlet. I have looked at the Noble Collection version, but 1) it is more expensive than I can afford, and 2) it is NOT the identical circlet. There are extra Celtic knots in TNC version, that are not there in the movie version.

If anyone can help me out it would be appreciated. I'm putting together a costume for an SF con. Barring finding one, I'm going to attempt to make one. *shudder*
Alcari
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2004 02:28
i dnt no if anyone else has suggested this because i cnt be asked 2 go through all the replys, but a great website 4 LOTR jewellry n all collectibles is www.tolkientown.com i just got my evenstar pendant from there and it is gorgeous. they also have Nenya-Galadriels ring and all the rings of power.
hope ive been some help.
xxx
Faramirsgirl73
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 03:47
For Christmas two years ago, I got the Evenstar pendant. I don't wear it very often because it is starting to tarmish. I do however plan on wear it ot the Renfair this fall.
freakysoccer13
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2004 03:05
I was looking into getting the "Elvish ring of water" from Tolkientown and was just wondering if anyone has this ring and could tell me about the quality of it. it isn't amung the most expensave items, but it ties in my facination with elves and my love of water. Thanks!

Sara
KaimelarFalmarin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 06:01
Goodmorrow! (or eve, if the case may be...) I am writing on rather sad tidings... you see, I just received my Evenstar necklace from the Noble Collection. After dancing around the house in pure excitement, I of course tried it on to admire the pure beauty of it. The next morning, I had been wearing it for no more than 3 hours, and I noticed something shiny on the desk in front of me. For some reason, the thought occured to me that it looked an awful lot like the crystals in the Evenstar. Alas, it was. The very bottom tip of the bottom crystal had simply broke off. :cry:

Now that I've rambled off my sad tale, I was wondering... is the Noble Collection's Evenstar really that fragile?? To anyone that has one and wears it regularly (a few times a week), do you think that one as just flawed and another pendant will hold up better, or should I just get a refund?

[Edited on 11/9/2004 by KaimelarFalmarin]
KaimelarFalmarin
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2004 02:42
This is me again, and I do not mean to sound desperate, but will anyone with a response to my post above please post! The loss off my newly acquired Evenstar made me quite distraught, and I'd like to decided whether or not to get a new one as soon as possible... Thank you so much!
King_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 07:50
I know that quite a few versions of the Evenstar, sold by UK retailers, are quite liable to break. I know a few people who have bought the Evenstar & the jewel in the middle has fallen off. I suggest you ask for your money back. How much was yours?

I bought the Evenstar several months ago - from forbiddenplanet international. It is said to be the UK's largets merchandise shop - and their items are truly worth buying. Their Evenstar costs £90, but it's pure solid silver. I have worn mine every day since I got it, with the exception of most school time (8:00-4:05), even some night-times. I reccomend forbiddenplanet.
LuthienofDoriath23
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2004 03:06
Does anyone have the ring of Barahir by Noble? Because I was thinking about getting it, except 4 the fact in every photo I've seen, it looks oddly mangled and squished. Mabye it's just because of the camera, but I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me. Thanks.
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2004 10:27

Now that I've rambled off my sad tale, I was wondering... is the Noble Collection's Evenstar really that fragile?? To anyone that has one and wears it regularly (a few times a week), do you think that one as just flawed and another pendant will hold up better, or should I just get a refund?

I also have the Noble Collection version of the pendant. I really don't know how fragile it is because I don't wear it on a regular basis, just on special occasions. Mine has shown no sign what so ever of breaking, so on first assumption I would say that it really isn't that fragile, but I wouldn't do somersaults in it. I really love this pendant, so if I was in your situation, I would either ask if there is anyway Noble Collection could exchange it or just save up and purchase another one.

~Narya~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2004 08:08
I hope someone can help me with this (pleasant) problem.

I got the "Arwen Evenstar Pendant" as a Christmas present, but my parents haven´t actually ordered it of the internet yet.

Where is the best place to get it? My parents where planning to buy it of the "otherland" site (uk), but they were out of it. I have looked at the one on the Noble Collection, and it looks nice, but every site seem to use the same picture.

I am confused, does anyone have any advice to give me.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email