Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Parmadur
The Happy Pariah
Send Message
Post Many Meetings [please read]
on: October 22, 2002 04:25
Hey guys! The purpose of this forum is for CoE members to organize real life meetings with one another, but you should be warned that there are guidelines to follow. These have been made for your safety.

1) I cannot stress this enough: DO NOT give out your personal addresses over the Internet.

2) When meeting people, make sure that you arrange the meeting in a public place, ie: a restaurant, movie theater, or anywhere else there are lots of people around. Use your best judgment. Also, I suggest a group meeting, ie: bringing a family member or a friend along with you.

3) If you are not an adult, be sure to get your parent's permission before meeting anyone.

4) This forum exists for the meetings of CoE members only. Advertising of get-togethers on other sites is not allowed. We have our members' safety in mind and understand parental concerns and, because of this, any and all posts of this nature will be deleted.

Please also take a moment to review our Board Rules and the Forum Decorum.

Enjoy yourselves, and happy meetings!

[Edited on 11/20/02 by Parmadur]
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Many Meetings [please read]
on: February 18, 2013 09:09
Just my opinion, but ladies, please do not meet at a movie theater. One of my friends has observed unusual behavior around one of the major movie theaters in our area and has mentioned that it would be easy to pull someone out a side door into an alley in the dark. No need to be paranoid, but I just thought that should be mentioned.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Person_with_a_cool_name
Council Member
Send Message
I think Huldah is right, I haven´t seen a theatre with lights on while the movie is running, so you can´t see really good if someone disappears- or if the people that are going are doing this freely... And it could be better to meet in a big cafe in a "real" city, when you live in the country because there are more people (even at the streets... ), where I live, the cafes are completly free of people and most of the people working there are- ähem- sleeping while standing and working... But, as said above, no need to be paranoid, just be sure people are around and can see you.
~Cool_Name~
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email