Post RE: Star Trek
on: February 22, 2005 08:46
NOT SHATNER! NOOOOOOOOO! I'LL TAKE THE PEOPLE OF DS9 OVER HIM! :disco:
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 10:31
Just been watching showbiz news on Sky, and they've said that thanks to fan pressure the makers of "Enterprise" have had a change of heart! The info they had wasn't very detailed but said it's possible that a few specials will be made.

Eh? I'm skeptical... I am pretty sure that ENT is not coming back despite the fan pressure to keep it going. I see no news articles on trektoday.com which I'm sure would be buzzing if the series was re-instated. Most of the producers believe its time to give Trek a rest for the time being.

There's also talk of a new movie, and William Shatner claims he's been approached about it.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Kirk is dead! DEAD! If they bring Kirk back I would refuse to watch this movie. And I have been a loyal trekkie for my entire life.
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2005 08:54
Hmm.. still nothing on the official Star Trek site either about saving Enterprise, just a story about fans campaigning for it.

Looks like the showbiz team on Sky News put 2 and 2 together and came up with 11! Let's hope their Kirk story is as reliable, eh?
truegirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 12:54
Well, um...I'd be inclined to pay close attention to the date of that "article".
The_seventh_Ringbearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 02:14
Ok, so maybe the date's a little bit in question here. However, I do not believe that the people of Star Trek would try pulling an "April Fool" joke on people who enjoy Trek that much. If they did, many people would probably not be happy. 'Course, if it was a joke, I wouldn't mind that much. :disco:
Annûniel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 04:12
It is a joke. Trust me there is no way this series is coming back. They are still advertising for its finale in two weeks.
hobbithole_dweller
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 12:04
I can't believe that Enterprise is still on the air. I've never really liked the show but I watched it a while ago because Brent Spiner was a guest star on it. It was still disappointing though, way to violent.

ps. when I clicked on this forum there were 111 posts and 1111 views
Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 09:33
I was raised on Star Trek in the 90s (I'm only 15, so it was Next Generation for me!) When my parents were in college, they hosted the first intergalactic Halloween party. We have pictures, which never fail to amuse me. Then I had my own "Geek-a-Thon," at which I encouraged people to dress up, we had "tea, Earl Grey - hot," and we watched classic Star Trek episodes.
Hooray for Star Trek!
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 06:48
Some sad news...

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-13390195,00.html

R.I.P Scotty.

[Edited on 20/7/2005 by Grey_Pilgrim]
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 07:08
So very sad. That's two gone. DeForest Kelly was the oldest of the main group and now James Doohan. He was an awesome actor and a really nice guy. He'll be sorely missed. Indeed, R.I.P.
Grey_Pilgrim
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2005 07:44
The "Enterprise" finale aired here last week. I must admit I was really disappointed with it. I won't go into detail in case I spoil anything, but it seemed rushed (was it the only one of the 4 "new" series whose finale wasn't a feature length episode) and the format it took annoyed me.

An inappropriate flat note for such a well-known series (incl. all 5 in this) to finish on.
Astalder
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 04:38
I am so glad that SPIKE is showing Voyager now. I LOVE VOYAGER!!!! squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I think the last time I watched it before they started airing it again last month was when I was 8 or something, and that was about 6 years ago!! *faint*
MeliaStormcrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2007 07:03
Voyager was the only Star Trek show I actually watched. I'm very glad that SPIKE is now showing it again. Not sure of my fave episode, but there were things in Endgame I didnt like. *waves J/C flag*
"The King beneath the mountains, The King of carven stone, The lord of silver fountains Shall come into his own! His crown shall be upholden, His harp shall be restrung, His halls shall echo golden To songs of yore re-sung. The woods shall wave on mountains And grass beneath the sun; His wealth shall flow in fountains And the rivers golden run. The streams shall run in gladness, The lakes shall shine and burn, All sorrow fail and sadness At the Mountain-king's return!"
Makana
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 06:09
I didn't see Star Trek until recently, but I have really enjoyed what I have seen, which is mostly TOS. Spock is my favourite character, followed by McCoy and then Sulu.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2007 04:33
I was so happy when Voyager was aired! I will always be a fan of Tuvok, Tom Paris, and the young Harry Kim. On the Next Generation, any episode that has to do with the Maquis is my fav.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2007 05:37
I'm getting more jazzed about this upcoming Star Trek movie as the cast is being announced! I heard about this last year and was skeptical, but now I'm being hopeful. Here's the cast announced so far...

Chris Pine - Kirk
Zachary Quinto - Young Spock
Leonard Nimoy - Old Spock
Karl Urban - McCoy
Anton Yelchin - Checkov
Simon Pegg - Scotty
John Cho - Zulu
Zoë Saldana - Uhura
Bruce Greenwood - Capt Pike
Winona Rider - Amanda Grayson (Spock's Mother)

It would have been cool to get an extra part in this! I really hope these new writers, producers, and director J.J. Abrams can pull this off and it doesn't suck. They do have Leonard Nimoy on board which is a good sign....
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2007 02:14
What? Am I the only Trekkie geek around here???
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: November 22, 2007 06:10
The fact that Leonard Nimoy is a part of this warms my heart. He was always my favorite character. But have you see Zachary Quinto in full costume....the resemblence to young Nimoy (with the exception of height) is remarkable.

And all our LOTR fans here must be thrilled to see the presence of Karl Urban. I wonder that none of the Eomer fans have noted this yet.

And no, you are not the only Trekkie (of sorts). I loved Star Trek though I've never been as great a fan of that as I am of LOTR and Tolkien. Still, I won't miss the film when it comes out.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: November 22, 2007 07:59
LOL...trust me, Bereth I have noted the fact that Karl Urban will be playing the role of 'Bones'. I've been running rampant on the web for info and pictures of him...

Been a Trekkie as long as I can remember. I love the Star Trek movies as well except 'The Final Frontier'. That movie was just really lame..

Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2007 04:57
I thought the Trek movies were either really good, or really lame. I thought the last few were not up to their game, and so am hoping this different team and angle of approach works out.
Astalder
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2007 04:49
I absolutely LOVE Star Trek. My favorites are Enterprise and Voyager. I used to like TNG, but one thing I didn't like about Picard is that he almost NEVER went on any away missions, always talking about his rank and yada yada. I only watch TNG now to see if Wesley is on..... :love:
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: December 29, 2007 08:17
I've been spoiled on the plot for the movie (read about it on another forum), and I'm...intrigued. I was ready to be disgusted and fed up with the move altogether -- The Original Series is one of my all time favorite series ever, and I don't want them mucking it up; some of their casting choices were spot on (Zachary Quinto as Spock: perfection.) and others were less inspired (Karl Urban as Bones? I love Karl Urban in general, but...no.) and I started to get worried. Having now read about what the story is going to be about, I say again...I am intrigued. I suspect it will be a horrendous mess, but it will probably be entertaining, and it sounds like the writer/producers actually watched the old show...
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2010 06:36
Man this tread need to be reopened lol! Anyway, I LOVE the new star trek movie. I think JJ really outdone himself. Quinto and Pine are so HOT!! My favorite is voyager and tng because it has more action and humor than ds9. Has anyone played the star trek online game where you can create your own species, ships, and empires?
Aegor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 15, 2010 01:44
I've been considering ST:Online, will have to see when the game is finished. I never imagined Star Trek universe with a MMORPG twist...

As for the Star Trek XI movie I just saw it on DVD for the 2nd time... it's a great SF movie and a bad Star Trek movie. Lots of action, great humor, cast did an amazing job of recreating the old favorites (especially Karl Urban who nailed McCoy) but the movie didn't carry that Star Trek spirit and it completely disregarded all the rules and history of the universe as well.

The moment when they lost me was when Kirk delivered the line: "You got it. Arm phasers, fire everything we've got." (I won't spoil it with details for those that haven't seen the film) That just killed what little Star Trek philosophy they decided to keep.
Gilwen_the_Sorceress
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2010 05:25
Well, I am not a trekkie but I love the movie, the new one.
All the characters are great.

I have seen just a bit of TV serie, but Star Trek is quite difficult to follow, I can not see where it start.

I was watching the other day one of the movies, one of the New Generation I think, with Patrick Stewart, but I don´t get the story.
The same with William Shatner one.

But I think the new movie is awesome. The story runs into the movie.
Aegor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 25, 2010 09:13
If you're looking for a place to start Gilwen I would recommend you try the first season of Voyager. It's a somewhat lighter Trek, though it still has some great thought provoking episodes, and it has the best first season out of all Star Trek shows (especially TNG and DS9 which were very slow starters).

Though if you like the last movie you can also give a shot at Enterprise. It's quite a different Trek, more action based and more modern so it might appeal to you more.

It takes some time to get in the show, the techobabble can be a turn off for newer viewers, but once you get a general understanding of it's universe it will become a most enjoyable, even life changing experience
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 28, 2010 07:33
I haven't seen much in the way of reviews about the latest movie but I just wanted to say I enjoyed it immensely. It brought all of the original characters together for the first time which I found so much fun.

I think Zach Quinto was my favorite person....he was spot on as Spock (although it was lovely to see the original Spock again...I always had a bit of crush on him).

Rivka, you're another ST fan....and you were nervous about the film. What did you end up thinking about it?
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2010 02:57
There's actually a blooper reel on youtube! Soooo funny! I think there's going to be a sequel after this movie. Can't wait to see it.
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2010 03:00
I LOVE STAR TREK.
My favorite is TNG, but I also like TOS.

And reBoot. That's pretty well.
Spock is my favorite TOS character, while Data and Q are my favorites of TNG

Q is so annoying.... yet awesome.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2010 02:35
I LOVE STAR TREK.
My favorite is TNG, but I also like TOS.

And reBoot. That's pretty well.
Spock is my favorite TOS character, while Data and Q are my favorites of TNG

Q is so annoying.... yet awesome.

Q is the most brilliant villian in the entire star trek series. Who could top him?
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2010 12:34
I think JJ's Star Trek movie was a respectable re-boot of a tired franchise. Very enjoyable this.
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2010 06:06
Jj's movie was fantastic! I hope he do a sequal
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2010 10:04
A sequel is in the works!
LightElfRowena
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2011 02:43
A sequel is in the works!

I cannot wait to see the sequel!
Person_with_a_cool_name
Council Member
Send Message
Yes! Yes! Yes! I found a theard about Star Trek! *makes a party*

I like Voyager and The next Generation more than evrything, maybe except of the new timeline... And I read a lot of fanfiction, there is very good in the internet.
~Cool_Name~
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email