Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Favorite Girl in LOTR
on: October 13, 2004 11:18
Well others can be any other girl, you like, if you can find one. Shelob is a girl, if you like her she's an other. So if you like someone else its under others.
Arwen
25% (2)
Eowyn
51% (4)
Rosie
3% (2)
Galadrial
18% (1)
Other
4% (3)
estel_Gil_Galad_rules
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2004 04:14
I voted for Eowyn. Why? Cause I think that Arwen isn't Elvish in the movie. She looks weird and I think I love the Arwen in the book much more. Arwen in the movie tlks weird and I don't think she can sing so beautiful. And look at her eyes!! It just doesn't fit...
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 16, 2004 05:50
Since this is not an Arwen-bashing topic, I think I am more interested in why you choose Éowyn and not any other girl/woman in LotR.
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2004 12:00
I dont see how anyone can bash anybody in this movie! They were all great together. Not one of them could stand in this movie on their own. Not only one person made this movie.
Anoria_Miriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2004 06:29
I chose Eowyn. I agree with what a lot of other people have said. She fights for what she believes in, (to use a very chliched phrase). She is the only one who I sympathised with. Its very hard to explain, but she is definetely my favourite.
Second would probably be Galadriel. I'm not sure why, but I liked her, and I think Cate Blanchette did a great job.
I didn't mind Rose/Rosie(Rose in the books, but Rosie in the movies). She didn't get much screen time in the movies, though.
I didn't really like Arwen because she is too perfect.

luthienkenobi
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 06:37
I picked Eowyn. She is the coolest girl in the movie...she fights for what she believes in and won't worry about dying. I think that Miranda Otto did a wonderful job...the way that she portrayed Eowyn...that is how I pictured Eowyn in the book.
dadsprincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 12:59
I agree with Sabrina Star. It is also tough for me to choose between Arwen and Galadriel. Arwen is very beautiful, wise, and always hopeful. Galadriel is beautiful, wise, adventurous, and somewhat hopeful. I just can't choose between the two! Eowyn is a pretty cool character. She has guts to dress up as a male rohirrim soldier just so that she could fight for the freedom of Middle-Earth.
Eowyn_The_Fair
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 10:50
Hmm well its hard to pick really theyall did a famous Job! But i have to say Eowyn for she stood up for what she believed even if she did disobey. But Hey! They did'nt beleive in her so she had to show them that she could.It tool alote of guts and im sure she never had a doubt in her mind. GO EOWYN!! And i finds she is so beautiful.

Galadriel would have to be my 2nd and its a close match between Arwen because there both fair. But Galadriel was wise and powerful and she refused the Rings at last and that took a lot from her. We can learn lots from her i find. And plus Cate did a wonderful job portraying her i cant see anyone fairer or better to do her

Arwen on the other hand did rather well. Liv was made to play her i find with her picture perfect beauty. And plus Liv Tyler is one of few fave girl actors! She is unique to me.

So go everyone but Eowyn is still beyond my fave character
Child_of_Lúthien
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 11:02
ARWEN!! *Pulls out 'We want more Arwen' banner*

It took some getting used to her, but Liv Tyler did so well, and her character develops so beautifully. I have some gripes with the storyline, mainly the whole 'breaking-up' part, but I just love how Arwen is always the strongest one: when she tells Aragorn in FOTR that he's not Isildur, in TTT when she says 'It was a gift, keep it', and in ROTK when she practically orders her father to reforge Narsil. I love the look on her face when she sees Eldarion, the look of a girl realising that somewhere in the future she will be a women...

I just love Arwen, for the grace with which she carries bout youth and wisdom, both understanding and faith, both beauty and sadness, both the alluring light of immortality and the desire to be mortal.
I think this movie Arwen in a way comes very close to the Twilight Elf Tolkien describes.

I completely agree with everything you have said here, Figwit.
IntotheWest23
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 12:09
i lyk eowyn because she can fight and idk i just lyk her but i also like arwen because of the whole aragorn love story and cuz elves are so cool! i guess i luv them both because there aren't many girls
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 10:47
Oh yeah and all the girls have to stick together on stuff like this!
roxi89
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2005 11:31
Arwen rulezz!! ;D ;D
AgordanPrincess
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 05:57
Does anyone think there is enough of Roise for us to like her? I mean I wanted more of her and all the kids involved in the movie. Maybe its just me
LotrLuva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 08:52
Werll, I have to choose Galadriel. Eowyn and Arwen are good, but Galadriel's my favourite.
Arwen_Firanor_Estilamir
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 04:51
It like the main character in my book she's a Princess but she dosent take things lying down she kicks butt!

you have your own fantasy story??? aaargh! so do i! my Princess doesn't take things lying down either. its called the want to smash stereotypes on fantasy princesses being no more than damsels in distress. my character is no damsel in distress!

~ Arwen
Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 12:39
My fave is Eowyn...she goes out and kills the witch-king (with Merry) even though she is afraid. I also love when she's telling Eomer that Merry has a right to fight just as much as the others do.
Merry_Pippin_8
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2005 05:54
She's not the sterotypical Princess, and I love that. It like the main character in my book she's a Princess but she dosent take things lying down she kicks butt! I also love Liv Tyler, so i loved seeing her in that role

Neither Eowyn or Arwen are sterotypical princesses, and I like that.
Brethil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 09:16
I love Galadriel just because all her lines are sooooooo nice. And also to Figwit...You would want more Arwen, that means more Figwit lol! But if help is required then i will help you hold up the banner. The more people there are, the bigger it can be! :love: (As long as we put [in small writing] 'we also want more Galadriel' )
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: March 14, 2005 09:26
Deal! I do love Galadriel, too, she's amazing. But she's hardly a girl
LadyPunk
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 03:11
I voted for Eowyn, even though I think she was played a little bit oh.. how to describe it... maybe depressed or say.. she cried a bit too much. I don't know, but I still liked the character Eowyn, I liked her spirit, and the way she was different from other women.
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 15, 2005 08:59
Deal! I do love Galadriel, too, she's amazing. But she's hardly a girl
Nah... Although Arwen is considered a girl, she's quite old too, remember . So I guess Galadriel can have her shot her as well .
BregoLover
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 08:48
I like Windfola best...sorry.

I like Eowyn best because she actually goes and does something, but I guess you could say the same for Arwen in the movie. Jane Abbott is an awesome stunt rider, but I'm off topic again! :blush: So yeah, I vote for Eowyn and Windfola!
atheniel_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2005 11:11
Go Eowyn! She's the best... I like her personality and spirit. Admittedly I did like Arwen better first off, but as you see the progression of the story and how things are for her, you feel slightly sorry for her Shes great in both the movies and books. I still like the others, i just find that Eowyn 'stands out'.
hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 08:55
Well, where would Frodo have been without Galadriel? And where would the rest of the Fellowship have been? It is Galadriel's hospitality, advice, wisdom, kindness and gifts that make all the difference in their chances for success after the loss of Gandalf. Galadriel spurs Boromir to access his life and get Aragorn at least thinking about coming to Gondor. It is Galadriel's mirror that shows Frodo his necessary path, It is Galadriel who reminds Aragorn that no matter what he and Elrond may wish, it is Arwen who will ultimately have to decide the direction of her life. It is Galadriel who rebukes Legolas for his assessment that Gandalf was drawn "needlessly into Moria" and who extends tender understanding to Gimli--an act which encourages Legolas to "take a second look" at the Dwarf and begins their deep and abiding friendship. And of course, each of her precious gifts changes the recipients utterly (Gimli--"I asked for 1 hair from her golden head...she gave me 3!) or saves their very lives ("I give to you the light of Earendil....our most beloved star..")

Galadriel with her mystery and her power...she's my favorite!

hobbitnamedeliza
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 09:01
If you mean Theodred, that's her cousin. I don't think people in Middle Earth did that kinda thing.

Actually, cousins marrying was not at all uncommon--especially among the nobility. In fact by the 18th century most of the rulers of Europe had inter-married to the point where inherited disorders like hemophilia were a real problem.

Sorry about posting again so soon, but I just noticed this and "had" to comment....'cause that's what Hobbit does best !!!! (...or at least so the people who are most annoyed by me say!)

[Edited on 17/3/2005 by hobbitnamedeliza]
i_luv_orlando_b
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2005 09:24
Eowyn is my favorite girl. I don't like Arwen or Galdariel. I never used to really like Eowyn, but now I do
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email