Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: How many broken bones through your life?
on: May 23, 2012 05:26
Luckily only my upper arm once. Note to self: If you have to dismount a horse unwillingly, make sure there's no wall in the way.
Tendons are another story, unfortunately. Frankly, I'd rather break another bone than have to worry about any tendon of mine ever again. At least a broken bone mends and after a few weeks that's that.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2012 08:34
Can you believe that I have never had any broken bones?
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2012 10:56
me neither! (and I live in the country!)
JMBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2012 03:20
Happy to say I've never broken one.
Image"Our God is a Lord of angels and of men... and of elves." -J.R.R. Tolkien
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2012 05:32
I've never broken a bone, but when I was three I decided I would jump on some pillows around a glass table on a giant bouncy ball. (I honestly don't know what on Middle Earth I was thinking, but hey! I was only 3) When I was going around the corner of the table, I slipped, and my face hit the corner and cut it open about an inch away from my eye... then I had to go to the hospital and get stitches. Today I still enjoy doing odd-ish things like that, but I at least use common sense now and haven't gotten badly injured since then. lol
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 06:27
I have never broken any bones.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 07:47
Haven't broken a single bone. The only reason I want to break one is to know how it feels, so if I ever have to help someone out that has just broke one and it's not one of the obvious ones (like bone almost popping out of the skin) I would have a better idea about what it feels like. So I would be better suited to help. But I guess learning about it would be good too....
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 06:28
I have been lucky never to have broken a bone.
Lastiel_Rusc, you can take a first aid class at the Red Cross. (USA)

A star shines upon the hour of our meeting
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lastiel Rusc
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2012 10:40
Yup, or see if the local fire department will have classes. I need to take a look into that. thanks Lindarielwen
'If they have a fault it is distrust of strangers. Though their magic was strong even in those days they were wary. They differed from the High Elves of the West, and were more dangerous and less wise.' ~ Flies and Spiders The Hobbit
Taug anin ú-daug.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2012 06:56
Still none!
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 01:53
i have not actually broken a bone, but i have fractured two - my arm when i was four, and i fell off the playground, and my big toe in athletics four years ago.
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2012 11:12
I haven't broken any bones either, but I think I may have fracture my big toe (last Dec.?) I was running barefoot on the blacktop and when I tried to slow down I put my weight down on my toe when it was bent. The top of it got scraped and I couldn't really put much weight on it for a while. It hurts worse than normal whenever I stub that toe now.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Lyna
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 02:16
NONE.. praise the Lord!! And I surely hope to keep it that way!! lol
True joy, is found at the Master’s feet.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2013 09:09
NONE TOO! But i do have like, 1,2 ,3,4,5,6, .....lot's of scars! lol
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Haven't broken any. But apparently my dad dislocated my arm once and I went around telling everyone that he broke it... funny how I don't remember that
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I dislocated my Self-Defense Teacher's finger when I was getting out of a bear hug...when we saw him later on he said it swelled up pretty bad. I really wasn't trying to...

[Edited on 06/19/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
Never had a broken bone in my body. And I hope I don't have to!
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Never. But I dislocated my shoulder once, jumping off a slide. One of those swirly ones. In my defense, Ethelynn Greenleaf did it and she was absolutly fine! So when my turn came, I jumped and fell on my side, and out popped the shoulder. Hence, Rodwen decided not to mimick out stunts. I was six, Ethelynn was eight, and Rodwen was four. I really am an exceptionally bright child!
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
My bones are all unbroken

Actually, I don't know if this counts, but part of my knee cap is chipped off, no idea how it happened, but I had to do physical therapy for a year. We still don't know if my knee's back to normal...
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I think it is. You havent had any problems with it lately, right?
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Actually, i did mess it up a couple of weeks ago, and I couldn't put my weight on my leg, but it went away within a day or two.. the physical therapy people never did a follow-up so i guess i'll never know... i still have my knee brace that I was supposed to use in gym class and softball and all that, but I only use it now when it's hurting me.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Careful you dont hurt yourself worse O.O You don't want to end up in a position where you have to go through physical therepy again.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
none.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Still none, thankfully
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
UPDATE:

At our church picnic today, I was running in a bouncehouse obstacle course with one of my babysitting chardes. The only reason I was allowed in was becasue I was under the height requirement, and,wellll...it seemed like fun! But the girl I was in with pulled back one of those long tube cylinder things, and let it go at me as I tried to run by. As a result, I flew backward and landed very awkwardly on my hand. When I got out of there, I noticed that my finger was NUMB. But I didnt say anything. Then on the ride home, it started to hurt, and I looked at it, and it was twisted a bit to the left. (this was my pointer finger in my left hand) Now its a bit swollen, and it doesent hurt near as bad, so I think it's safe to assume I sprained it. Im just going to let it heal naturally, as the only thing I use that finger for is my violin, and I can always shift up.

So yeah. I know can say i sprained my finger in a bouncehouse! Whoo!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
I sprained my pinkie finger on a volly ball before. It didn't feel too great.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Please findemaxam, you need to have that looked at. It's possible you broke something and if you don't have it splinted properly it could heal wrong. Not so good at your age (well any age actually, but worse when you're still growing). This is an RN speaking here and a retired Navy Corpsman, to boot.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I had my Health and Safety teacher in school check it out, and she said it was already damaged before I hit it, for some reason. She said that the was it was turned was a very odd way to damage it and asked me if I had had issues with my hands before, and I said no. But then I realized that I had tendonitis, and jamming (not broken after all ) my finger had triggered a flare up. So at least I don need to worry about that anymore.
Hobbits2Isengard
Council Member
Send Message
So far I've had a dislocated elbow at three years, a shattered tibia (shin bone, basically) at twelve and probably a few broken fingers or toes...
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Bones, none. But at 59, I notice more and more that diverse cartilages, ligaments and tendons are wearing out *ouch*.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email