Post RE: braces
on: March 28, 2005 05:23
Mine should come off soon!! YAY!!!!
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 02:02
Had a setback last week.I was meant to be getting a different wire, but one of my teeth wasn't ready. One! I'm really annoyed about that. Can it not learn to behave itself? Much longer without coke and I'm going to flip! I've just seen people with stained teeth, so I'm trying not to drink any.

Could someone explain the headgear, I've not heard about it.
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2011 01:45
I am in desperate need of braces! I HATE my teeth, I have big gaps between them and in the front I have two more eye and canine teeth overlaping the eye and canine teeth that are already there! I have two sets of them on the top AND bottom! And in the back, I have two of the same molars, neither in the correct spot. My dentist wouldn't do it, saying I need oral surgery before he'd touch it but it is so expensive and probably painful! I am NOT looking forward to it, that is for sure!
And, as an added bonus, he said I would need them for YEARS! I'm already 18, how long is YEARS??
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: braces
on: November 27, 2012 02:37
I have braces. I got the top ones in April and the bottom ones in May.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2012 07:46
I had braces for almost three years, but I got them off last year. Now I have retainers...blah.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2013 05:41
I have had my braces for about two months. they r ok i guess. lol They are silver right now. I get to change the color every 8 weeks and i change them to whatever color shirt i am wearing!
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2013 04:43
I have had mine for three years I don't notice them anymore.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 04:41
i think i have to wear them for 2 years
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2013 11:44
I've had my top ones since September and bottoms since November. Not sure how long I will have them but last time I had them tightened she said they were moving very well. I have overbite though so after my teeth are straightened we'll have to talk about how to correct it. (possibly surgurey or extraction. yikes!)

Have any of you read Smile by Raina Telgemeier?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2013 05:43
No, I have never heard of it before. I'm supposing it has something to do with braces?

I don't have over bite or under bite, but I have a tooth thats stuck in my top gums. I'm going to have to get surgery on it. I don't know when though.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
RodwenAravilui5136
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2013 05:18
Ug, I've had braces for over a year. I hate them! It's so hard to brush my teeth and eat food normally. I can't wait to get them OFFF! >
"While you're doing fine, there's some people and I, who have a really tough time getting through this life so excuse us while we sing to the sky." -Twenty One Pilots
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2013 04:52
I don't mind them too much. I'll have had them for a year in April.
Cillendor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2013 02:11
They aren't fun. I had them in high school, but I think I need to get them again. My retainer fell out of my van when my parents were helping me move into my dorm, and my dad ran over it. That was several years ago, and my teeth have shifted back a lot since then.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2013 09:50
Ah, braces. Those bundles of happiness and joy! I had them throughout middle AND high school. My teeth were really messed up. I even had to wear headgear. Though not headgear as severe as the one the little boy wears in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp! It was embarrassing. My headgear was like Darla's in Finding Nemo :/ That was for just under a year. I also had something called a Herbst appliance (anyone else?) where I had metal rods in my mouth and couldn't even fit a spoon in my mouth. That was for 8 months as well. My family's nickname for me was Transformer because I had so much metal in my mouth. But that's all done now, and my teeth are nice and straight. Stupid braces, what a nightmare. At least I'm now proud of my smile! Before I didn't even like to smile because of my messed-up teeth. Poor little me. Eh, enough of the pity party. Back to lunch!
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
I've had braces for half a year, and I will only get them off in another year's time. What annoys me about braces is that they make it really hard for me to play trumpet... I think I smile more showing my teeth with the braces, not because I didn't like my teeth before, but because it felt awkward smiling like that, and I think the braces are actually quite pretty.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
*scratches head* a bit more than 40 years ago ...
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
Gandolorin said: *scratches head* a bit more than 40 years ago ...

Ditto!

Ele, I too had teeth extracted and head gear. But my Mom didn't make me wear the head gear to school if I promised to wear it every night. I got them in sixth grade and my retainer off by the end of high school. But, I am SO glad I had them! Like you, I didn't smile -- I had severe buck teeth. I don't mind smiling now, but I still prefer to be behind the camera.

Tinsel Tooth, Railroad Tracks, Metal Mouth... Ah yes, fond memories...
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Wheee! So I don't have to have any surgery! *does happy dance*
My teeth have moved a lot in a year. Not sure when I'll get them off but the orthodontist is really happy with my teeth. I get to change the colors every time I go. This time I got blue and green.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email